: +

Notices

Old 12-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 162
michguti michguti
Does "only core pathfinder classes" mean unchained monk is out of the question? Otherwise I'll make a chained one.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:57 PM
Glowing Warpstone

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 985
InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats
@TYL No bard archetypes that aren't from Rogue genius games completely do away with spellcasting. And the only one that reduces spellcasting in sacrifice for something else that can fit into the racial restrictions of this game is the arrowsong minstrel. Probably not what you were looking for but that's all there really is that I can find
Old 12-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 922
TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL
Not what I’m really looking for, but thanks anyways. I guess I’ll go look at the other core classes. I’ll either go Paladin or Ranger most likely. If Paladin, then It’ll be interesting to RP her faith that the divine and the good in the world WILL return, no matter how many times her smite evil fails.

I’m leaning towards a Drow Paladin with the Virtuois Bravo archetype.

Edit: Can we use Background skills? I’d really love to have some perform skills.

Last edited by TYL; 12-01-2017 at 09:19 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:19 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Howdy. You've piqued my interest. Still reading everything, but I noticed a question I might be able to help with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYL View Post
Cool. Does anyone know of any spell-less bard variants?
If Ysolde is willing to permit it, you could use the Variant Multiclass bard. Which would start with bardic knowledge here, and gain bardic performance at level 7 (at level - 4)

If it's the inspiration mechanic specifically that you're looking for, rather than the flavour, you might also look to the Sensei Monk, whose wise words and timely advice will inspire courage.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:49 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8827
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
I updated some information on the races.

As more questions come Iíll update the main post.

I should probably put up one of those lists of players and applications. Iíll try and get that done tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by michguti View Post
Does "only core pathfinder classes" mean unchained monk is out of the question? Otherwise I'll make a chained one.
Itís not in my core rule book so sorry to say it does.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:27 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYL View Post
Edit: Can we use Background skills? Iíd really love to have some perform skills.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:36 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
michguti michguti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysolde View Post
I updated some information on the races.

As more questions come Iíll update the main post.

I should probably put up one of those lists of players and applications. Iíll try and get that done tomorrow

Itís not in my core rule book so sorry to say it does.
Ok. Thanks for getting back on that. I'm thinking about making a Qinggong/Zen Archer monk but I don't think those two archetypes are in the core book. Is that going to be an issue? (One comes from ultimate magic and the other from advanced player's guide)
Old 12-02-2017, 01:57 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Archťtypes aren’t in the core book periods. But since archetypes are allowed, this isn’t a pure core only game.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:52 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
michguti michguti
Here is my application! (Be gentle...it's my first attempt at a group PBP RPG. I've done the solo campaign here)

Name:Sun-Yi aka Sunny

Race: Human
Class:Qinggong Zen Archer Monk
Alignment:Lawful Neutral. I know "good" alignments are preferred but this character has a constant inner struggle with chaos and order and I think that the LN alignment best suits that.
Appearance: Sunny's seemingly thin frame hides the years of training and honing of monastic martial art skills. She has medium length dark brown hair that's usually kept tied back. She is in her mid 30s. Her dark brown eyes are constantly attentive to her surroundings and always focused on her target during combat. She is usually clad in the typical robes of her monastic order very rarely deviating from this garb.

Personality: Sun Yi is quiet and reserved but sometimes offers words of wisdom or monastic proverbs that fit the current situation. She has a very difficult time opening up to others let alone having extended conversations having been raised in a monastery for a majority of her life. Yet, there is a part of her that longs for a meaningful connection having never experienced that before. In combat, Sunny lets her arrows do the conversing for her. The other party members can have full confidence that Sunny will have them covered in every situation.

Background: Born during a time of war, Sunny experienced the horrors of intense conflict from a young age. Her family was constantly moving from place to place often having to leave with only the clothes on their backs. Food and shelter was often in short supply. Sunny lost both parents and her only sibling to a raid by which faction she couldn't even tell.

To deal with the anger and other emotions with the sudden loss of the only family she knew, Sunny joined a gang of thieves and marauders, sowing the same chaos that destroyed her childhood. On one fortunate day that would change her life, Sunny attempted to raid a small cadre of monks, thinking them easy prey. After being quickly (and easily) subdued, the eldest of the monks (who to Sunny looked like he could barely stand) proposed a wager: get past the old man, and Sunny was free to go; fail, and Sunny would join their monastic order. Sunny felt that the old man stood no chance of winning this wager, but was soon proven wrong.

At the Monastery of Untwisting Iron, Sunny was trained by that elder monk, day and night in numerous martial styles. Sunny thought it was torture in the beginning as much of the time was spent perfecting the longbow. She wanted to focus on the more "deadly" weapons and martial art forms. The elder monk knew that in order to keep the chaos inside Sunny at bay, she required steadfast focus and precision. It wasn't until months later until that Sunny realized the beauty and the deadliness of the longbow. The monks taught her to harness the chaos that raged inside her; transforming it into order and perfection. Twenty years after meeting that old monk, Sunny was released from the bond that held her to the monastery after swearing to the elder monk on his deathbed to abolish chaos and seek order above all.
Shortly thereafter, Sunny joined the knights of justice as part of her journey to rid the world of chaos and now waits to fulfill her true potential.

Last edited by michguti; 12-03-2017 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:43 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Name: Olodra T’Aik
Race: Drow
Class: Virtuous Bravo Paladin
Alignment: Lawful Good (she struggles a bit)
Appearance: Olodra is a Drow woman in her prime (barely 130 years old), with pure white hair cascading just past her shoulders. Her nearly-flawless obsidian-colored skin is marred only by scars on her buttocks, caused by barbed whips. The paladin’s frame is athletic and padded in all the right places, and her outfits are designed to draw attention to said places. She enjoys wearing a dark blue leotard cut high on the thighs and low on the chest, or a dark green dress made out of dyed spider silk. Either way, a pair of thigh-high boots adorns her shapely legs, and dark-blue bracers are worn in her wrists. On colder or windy days, Olodra sometimes sports a cloak. The Drow warrior rarely goes anywhere without her trusty scimitar hanging from her belt, and it is kept meticulously clean and sharpened.

Personality: Olodra is quite the mix of contradictions. She is obedient in the way one might imagine a traditional knight would be, but at the same time she is flirty in a way no proper lady knight would be. Unlike what her Drow heritage demands of Drow females, she doesn’t always seek to dominate every situation she finds herself in. She is fine with following someone else’s lead unless ordered to take charge and accomplish a specific goal. She is confident in her abilities for her given situations, yet at the same time may prefer to be submissive to someone else overall to make sure she stays in the right path.

Overall, she is confident in navigating social situations and using her beauty for the benefit of the group, but she will likely let someone else take charge overall for the mission. When she is comfortable with the company she is in, she even show ashes her sense of humor. Still, given how Drow are distrusted and mistreated, she is often reserved emotionally at first, hiding behind the facade of her perfect body.

Background: Olodra was born into a noble house in Drow society, such as they can still be considered “noble” nowadays. In fact, the Aik house is only a minor noble house, known for its cruelty and for launching effective raids against the surface races. Like all Drow females of noble birth, she was trained to play The Game. While it can roughly be translated as the art of politics and jockeying for power, that’s like describing meteorology as the art of determining whether it’ll rain tomorrow. It’s much more complicated, and Olodra learned to stay afloat, even if deep down she felt more than a bit disturbed by some of the crueler acts she had to do to survive. The chaotic nature of Drow politics and everything boiling down to Power in order to elevate the self at the expense of everyone else left Olodra with an empty feeling. It’s just surviving. Is it really living? Her reluctance to fully embrace the chaos and cruelty earned her no small amount of scorn from the other nobles.

Like everything else in Drow society, The Game is also suffused with institutionalized misandry. It is in this area that Olodra met her own downfall within Drow society. Drow women are expected to treat their men as pawns at best, and disposal objects of utter contempt on the other end of the spectrum. Olodra became more and more uncomfortable with this as she saw how much the men actually contribute. For example it is mostly Drow men that act as the spies embedded in surface societies so that schedules, intended routes, and guard complements of caravans can be passed to the Drow Raiders. She began a relationship an accomplished young man, and the way she began treating him as *almost* an equal drew her even more criticism than her distaste for cruelty! But the final nail in the coffin was when someone else barged Into Olodra’s bedroom, and saw one of them tied up in some sort of bdsm game...and it wasn’t the Drow male!

The result was ugly. The male was killed for this act. Olodra herself was placed in stocks and tortured with a whip full of hooked barbs. Her behind still carries scars from this ordeal. That was the least of her problems as she was effectively stripped of her noble title, and then sent humiliated by given a traditionally “male” job: being a spy on the surface. No longer would she have the glory of the raid. Now she only plays support. Olodra looked at her circumstances, looked at how she has been treated, and said “screw it. What have I got to lose?” and defected to the surface. She went to the Knights of Justice, and was provisionally accepted, and watched closely.

During the trial period with the Knights, Olodra came to embrace the teachings of the Goddess of Justice, and yearns to better the world and bring back the light of the divine. She came to accept and even yearn for strict guidance of Lawfulness, seeing it as a good way to help her stay on the right path. However, she has a somewhat controversial view about how the Drow ought to be helped. Given the horrors she has see, experienced, and at time participated within Drow society, Olodra isn’t sure the Drow can be trusted to choose the righteous path in their own. She sees Drow society as too steeped in chaos to ever truly follow the way of the Goddess, so Olodra believes that the Drow should be forced to submit to outside rule. Only an iron fist (albeit a benevolent one) will suffice, until Drow society is sufficiently changed.

This extends her personal behavior as well. Olodra knows she often has trouble with following all of the strict rules of the Knights of a Justice, thanks to her Drow urges and upbringing (such as her revealing outfits and excessive flirting). That is why wherever she is assigned, her commanding officer is always ready to channel her urges in a productive way, for the good of the group. She welcomes the additional oversight, and enjoys knowing her place in the grand scheme of things (and within the organization), for within order one finds purpose. Purpose that she has lacked for all her life.

Last edited by TYL; 12-04-2017 at 03:12 AM.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:58 AM
Airship Pirate

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6820
LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis
Posting Interest

Name: Artos mac Anghoille
Race: Human
Class: Fighter (Siege Breaker)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Appearance:
Nearing the peak of his prime, Artos comes across as both strong of body and character. There is a solid durability in the way he carries himself that imparts a certain 'Gravitas'. He stands just slightly taller than average, and you can see he has been weathered by time and nature as well as his chosen profession. He has not yet broken his 3rd decade of life, but traces of silver among his long brown hair and trim beard lend him an appearance of experience and dignity. He is very fit, and when not on duty or working to expand his knowledge he trains with a variety of weapons both in and out of armor. While most often he has a grim expression, when he smiles or speaks of a favorite topic his very demeanor changes, exposing the passionate man held restrained by experience and duty.

Personality:
Though serious of nature, he has a very dry wit that is often more amusing to himself than to others. Artos is not a young man anymore, and has little enough outside his Duty to the Order to distract him, nowadays. While he hopes to better himself, and rise within the Order, he has no great ambition beyond protecting his Empire and serving the Order. He also has no great lust for wealth, land or titles, though he is no Monk to refuse honestly gained spoils. He considers himself a Simple man, placing his faith in himself and his comrades, content to work hard during the day and relax at night with a few beers and a good book or the company of his few friends. What wealth he has is used to maintain his gear and purchase the occasional, rare book or scroll he can afford. He has only just recently begun saving some part of his wage towards a nebulous idea of Retirement, having not believed when he was younger he'd need it or be alive to use it. He looks to Colonel Renaud as something of a standard, the ideal of what he himself would like to be at that age.

Background:
As a youth Artos was able to find a place among the retinue of his Father's liege Lord, where he started learning the skills needed as a Man-at-Arms. His Father was a poor Landed Knight himself, who held sway over little more than his small hold and some farmland. They never had much more than the peasants that worked their land, but it was enough to see Artos initially equipped and to bribe the Captain who led their Lieges soldiers. Artos was 15 at the time, and it was their Family's hope that he would be well rewarded and improve their entire lot, as well as make a name for himself and learn a valuable profession.

Artos worked hard to fulfill his duties and learn the skills being taught to him, improving upon what he'd already learned from his Father. The training strengthened his body and by the time he was of his Majority he was able to keep pace with all but the hardiest of his Liege's men. Nearly a decade passed this way, training and serving for 7 years as part of the Retinue. Artos skill saw him made a Corporal, assisting a Sergeant-at-Arms to keep the men focused and out of trouble, which was often difficult to achieve. It was at this point that he first met a member of the Knights of Justice, as several called upon his Lord for aid rooting out a group of Raiders in their area. During the campaign, which lasted the better part of year tracking down all the remnants, Artos came to be impressed by the Knights sense of duty and dedication. That, and their very mannerisms were so different than his own current companions that he was struck to the heart. While he'd never questioned their behavior as out of ordinary, compared to the Knights behaviour the difference was telling. It opened his eyes to the questionable, even low, actions that were common amongst his retinue.

At the end of the campaign Artos was 23, and forever changed, though he would not realized how much so until a few years later. He followed his Captain back to their Lieges hold, a solid if small stone keep, and received a welcome bonus and several words of praise for his service. Routine quickly reestablished itself, but a small disquiet in Artos mind and heart slowly grew over the course of the next several years. He wrote to his Father several times for advice, trying to explain his discomfort and come to terms with what caused. Yet his Father, and younger brothers, all said the same, "Bear it out, impress our Liege and grow in Esteem. Serve Dutifully." Which was all well and good, but eventually his conscience could no longer do so. The final act that convinced him to leave, that he could better serve elsewhere, was over the matter of some taxes owed by an older Knight beholden to the Lord. The Knight was doddering, had no living heirs or family, and more than likely being cheated by his own servants. Yet like locusts, the Captain ordered them to strip the holding of anything of value, and take this old, honorable Knight in chains to face 'justice'. Conflicted by his conscience, yet not willing to disobey a lawful (if unjust and unworthy) order, Artos went along. It was only as his Liege found this old Knight guilty of a crime he was not even able to understand that he finally had enough.

Even as his former compatriots were escorting the old man to the dungeons, Artos was giving his resignation to the Captain. This man could do little but accept, though he did so with a sneer of contempt and barbed jibes about where Artos would find work without a letter of introduction touting his virtues and skills. Artos could do little himself but agree, and stoically ignore the jibes, to leave with as much dignity as possible. He left soon after collecting his effects, and rode out until finding a wayside Inn to spend the night. There he wrote a letter to his Father explaining his choice and why, knowing it may be the last such letter he'd be able to send and not likely to receive a response. In it, he also explained that he intended to head to the Wethills Outpost, occupied by the Order of the Knights of Justice, where he would submit himself as a recruit and serve both the Ideals of Justice as well as protect the Empire.

Last edited by LupusRegalis; 12-02-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:48 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Added a small role play area for characters to get to know one another: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...82#post7781982
Old 12-02-2017, 05:48 PM
Airship Pirate

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6820
LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis
Quote:
- Starting gold = 10 gp you will be provisioned by the Commander as deemed necessary
So how does this affect Starting Equipment such as Weapons and Armor?
Old 12-02-2017, 07:50 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by LupusRegalis View Post
So how does this affect Starting Equipment such as Weapons and Armor?
In basic terms unless it costs less than 10 gold you don’t own it yourself. Rations are short and arms and armor will be slightly less than the standard fare. So say a longsword usually does a D8 you may find yourself with an old, but usable long sword that does D8-1.

Last edited by Ysolde; 12-02-2017 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:55 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
michguti michguti
Quote:
In basic terms unless it costs less than 10 gold you donít own it yourself. Rations are short and arms and armor will be slightly less than the standard fare. So say a longsword usually does a D8 you may find yourself with an old, but usable long sword that does D8-1.
Ah. I see. So starting off with a composite longbow with +2 dmg is out of the question lol...