... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 12-02-2017, 07:57 PM
Airship Pirate

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6820
LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis
Alright, good to know.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 922
TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL
Ysolde, my app isn’t actually complete yet, despite what you out on the front page . I will try to get a full background up within a day. I want to make it a good one, as this game looks pretty cool.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:36 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8977
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYL View Post
Ysolde, my app isn’t actually complete yet, despite what you out on the front page . I will try to get a full background up within a day. I want to make it a good one, as this game looks pretty cool.
Whoops I will fix that
Old 12-03-2017, 12:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ok, my app is done. Do you want a sheet for the completed app?
Old 12-03-2017, 05:09 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Seeing the number of good applications I am changing my application deadline to December 14.

Last edited by Ysolde; 12-03-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:10 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I replied to your comments, Ysolde. Could you let us know whether we are using Background skills? Basically it’s 2 free “non-adventuring” skills per level to round out our characters and add flavor.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:24 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
So basically I've approved everyone who had a finished application. That means I have 5 people which is one beyond what I asked for and I'm trying not to over exert my wife who will be assisting me with my math calculations and thus combat in the background, but my own math skills are slowly improving again with time and effort.

If you have an approved character feel free to put your background and link a sheet here: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=178360.

I'll keep the barracks open for now and on the 15th I will start the official adventure.

Additional questions and OOC chatter can go here in this thread or in a temp OOC thread here: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...28#post7783828

For everyone who missed out...sorry maybe next game if this one works out well for my wife, myself, and the players.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:59 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
If you sent me a PM about this thread my apologies, but I accidentally deleted a ton of PM today.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:02 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
fripperama
Oooops... I was going to post it on Sunday, but missed a few days. Didn't know it would be filled so quickly!

Sending my best wishes to the campaign, I know it's going to be great seeing so good applications!
Old 12-06-2017, 06:29 PM
Obi Yub Kenobi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2402
KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps

Lucian Madyrn Shalaes
Elf - Ranger

Appearance:
Despite the rough and sturdy look of his clothes, Lucian always keeps himself well groomed. He keeps his equipment in the best condition possible, knowing that it is his gear that can save or kill him in the wilds. His green eyes peer out from below a wide-brimmed hat that is kept at a rakish angle His golden hair is almost always kept pulled back into a pony-tail and tied with a leather cord. Standing a solid 5' 6" and weighing in at 140 lbs, many larger foes have underestimated his strength and agility and paid the dearest price for their arrogance.

Personality:
Lucian Madyrn Shalaes has almost a dualistic nature about him. He can be at once determined and steadfast, while maintaining a charming wit jovial humor. Spending much time alone in the wilds has caused him to cherish his times in the cities, though he dislikes the pace and corruption he finds there. What he does enjoy is the company of good friends and tall tales told over tankards of ale.

Background:
Lucian has a knack for getting himself into trouble. Standing up to those twice his size, stealing from those who exploited others, or taking on foes most would flee if encountered alone, he always seems to be just this side of winding up on the receiving end of a lethal beating. Chalk it up to good luck with a significant helping of skill and determination.

The reality of the situation is likely somewhat simpler, though by no means less messy. Lucian finds out what needs to be done and then does it by whatever means necessary. He has taken his share of bad hits and been left for dead a few times. But he always manages to fight his way back from the edge and take on the next challenge. Fiercely loyal to his friends and vicious towards his enemies, Lucian has no illusions about what the future holds for him. A long string of desperate causes with increasingly insurmountable odds for him to barely scrape by, leading to the inevitable day when his luck runs out.

He faces his own mortality with stoicism that makes even the stout-hearted Dwarves look on in wonder. Perhaps because he has already faced his own demise so many times over.

HistoryLucian grew up among his own people in the village of Shadowfall through his early years, learning to hunt and survive in the wilds. When the group of hunters he was learning from returned on one fateful day, they found their otherwise peaceful village, sacked and burned to the ground. The violated bodies of their loved ones lay strewn about the area, none had escaped the massacre. The tracks were clear, even to Lucian's untrained eyes. Orcs, a lot of them.

The hunters took enough time to bury the dead and then set out after the raiders that had destroyed their home. Lucian had helped his older brother Kaius bury their parents, three sisters and younger brother. They travelled light, carrying only their weapons and a few provisions. On they ran, for 4 days and nights without rest, before they sighted their quarry. The rested atop a small hill and ate a final meal together in silence. The eldest of the group were the only ones who spoke. Their orders were simple, strike hard and fast and then disappear into the woods. With the 20 hunters moving independently, they would be nearly impossible to track.

For 5 days the elves pestered and harassed the orcish horde that numbered well over 500. They fought small skirmishes and made single strikes that created mass confusion in the enemy ranks. When the last of the orcs fell, 8 elf hunters gathered from the woods. None knew the fate of any of the missing, but they all could guess. Kaius was not present at this meeting.

As they stood in the setting sun, surrounded by woods and fallen enemies, they agreed to scatter to the winds, to find new homes and new lives. With final nods of farewell and wishes of good luck, the last eight members of the village of Shadowfall, melted away into the woods. That was almost 30 years ago...

In the time since, Lucian has made something of a name for himself as a wilderness tracker and guide. While not a formal member of the knighthood, he has proven his utility on multiple occasions and is one of the few outsiders allowed entrance to their halls without formal invitation. His name translates to "Hunter of Shadows."

Last edited by KevinFipps; 12-18-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Kevin, applications have been closed for days. Sorry man.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:21 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14747
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Says a few posts up that the 14th is the deadline though. Ysolde's word being final of course.

Edit:- Nevermind. I kept reading. Curses, I was hoping to join in too.

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; 12-07-2017 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleefulNihilism View Post
Says a few posts up that the 14th is the deadline though. Ysolde's word being final of course.

Edit:- Nevermind. I kept reading. Curses, I was hoping to join in too.
If this ends up working with the five I have I will consider doing other projects in the future. As much as I want to jump in whole hog I need to ensure that I really can handle DMing.

Sorry that I forgot to update the dates. I'll fix the first post.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Obi Yub Kenobi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2402
KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps
My apologies. I wasn't sure if you were taking 5 total or just the first 5 completed apps. Best of luck.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:55 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, so in creating everything I needed to run four characters through a story arc I ended up creating a need for four other characters to work through an entirely different story arc. I am opening this back up, so if you're interested please re-read the first thread and create your character based on that.

The deadline is basically when I find four applications that I like.