: +

Notices

Old 12-12-2017, 02:58 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1069
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
I am interested in this for sure, and magic casting is going to be risky for the WHOLE game or just at the start?
Old 12-12-2017, 03:37 PM
Obi Yub Kenobi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2402
KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps
Can I just resubmit my Ranger as an Inquisitor?
Old 12-12-2017, 03:42 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Eliah Bainbridge
Race: Human
Class: Hexcrafter Staff Magus 1
Alignment: Lawful Good
Role: Secondary Caster, Battlefield Control
Posting Frequency: Once per day Monday to Friday. Likely one post per two days at weekend.

Physical Description:

Neat is a word which can be applied widely to Eliah, as much to her appearance to other aspects of herself. In clothing Eliah displays a preference for very well-tailored and close fitting clothing with only subtle accents to display its quality at cuff and collar. Over traditional shirt and trousers she will often throw a midnight blue travelling cloak with a high collar trimmed in gold, this cloak is unusual in being fitted almost like a coat around the shoulders before falling into a cloak as it passes chest level. Should one bump into Eliah physically you may be rewarded by a revealing jingle which would indicate some sort of armour hidden beneath her clothing.

In face as in clothing, Eliah is possessed of a usual expression that can only be explained as reserved. With brows in a straight line and mouth nearly parallel, looking neat if only in the sense of mathematical properties. In all of her public facade the solitary hint of something more to Eliah than just a fastidiousness that borders on obsession is his eyes. A dark blue in colour, her eyes are possessed by a curious physical defect which lead to an almost golden coloured ring around her iris which becomes more obvious in bright light which catch the sunlight.

Background:

I felt the raindrops,
recognizing where I was,
versus where I wished.

As she formed the curve of a lowercase s carefully with her goose feather quill, through the thin walls of the house he had lived in his entire life he heard snatches of conversation. Allowing a small sigh to escape her lips she reaches across the roughly made desk to reapply ink to the quill and return to her writing. I wonder if they are aware I know they are talking about me? Would they even care? she thought finishing her line and moving on to the next. I am not sure if they hate me and that is why they are letting that magician purchase my apprenticeship, or is it just that they are apathetic?

She shakes her head minutely as drifting through the wall come the callous sounding sounds of haggling as brisk as at any market.

"......12 gold....."

"...my fame and skill is such......25 gold...."

"...we are but traders......afford just 15 gold...."

This back and forth went on for some time based on what Eliah could hear but she had stopped listening to the details long before her father came to door of the house study with a smile on his face. Seeing his daughter engaged in writing and seemingly ignoring his entrance to the room a scowl passed over his face but was erased before Eliah finished his word and looked upwards.

"Son, come and meet your new Master. You will call him just that, Master, at all times. You probably have heard of him as Gregory the Great though."

With the blank look Eliah gave him at this grand description of Gregory his scowl returned and he just gestured impatiently.

"Come on then, leave that for now you are an apprentice magician moving forward!"

~~~~~~~~

Knowledge is a tree
The tallest of trees,with height
Immeasurable.

The smell of old beeswax and the musky smell that fills any room containing an amount of vellum tomes, the heat of the many candles filling multiple candelabra around the room. Eliah pushes a lock of hair, soaked with sweat, away from her brow and furrowing her forehead she pushes her hands into the first position for the cantrip explained in the book. As she passed from second position to third she felt a stinging blow to the side of the head and was knocked sideways from his chair to the floor. Looking up from her sprawl at the originator of the blow she beheld the face of her Master, Gregory. Even now Eliah could not understand how a man who was so clearly a drunken wreck could enjoy such a great reputation among the common people, from his florid cheeks full of broken blood vessels and maroon nose from all his wine drinking to the paunch straining his robe from the ale, everything Eliah could see was a disappointment.

Eliah understood the minor illusion spells his Master employed to hide his deterioration from the public even if she could not yet cast them herself, but it was beyond her comprehension why Gregory would let things slip enough to need them. All this passed through her head in the second it took Gregory to get through his usual cursing of Eli as being useless to catch the actual mechanical instruction.

".....your right index fingers was two points too high. And in your transition from first to second position the third finger on your left hand was sloppy, had you continued into forth position to cast the spell you would have blown this room and both of us to high heaven. Well not me obviously I would have set defensive spells in time, but you and my books would all be gone and we cannot have that."

Sitting back in his chair Gregory raised a fine crystal flute filled with a blood-coloured red wine to his lips and gestured for Eli to try again. Setting her face and hoisting herself back into the chair and starting through the hand positions, without complaint, for what had to be the hundredth time. It did not matter though how many times she had to try, she would get it perfect and eventually Eliah Bainbridge would be the magic user that everyone thought that her Master was.

~~~~~~~~

Willing to achieve
Is not willing for success
But perseverance.

The taproom was typical of hundreds of others spread across the region with one key difference, this was the inn which Eliah had arrived at following a hard days travel. Eli had heard that the Knights were looking for those willing to risk themselves for possibly great reward. Having finally served her apprenticeship with Gregory the time had come that Eliah could prove herself a better man then the world believed Gregory. To manage this there was one thing she needed that Gregory already had, fame, and to acquire that fame she had to undertake the kind of quest you heard a hero undertaking, or well you heard that Gregory had undertaken. So she had set out to make his way and become a greater person than her mentor had ever been before.

Upon entering the inn Eliah looks around the room before moving towards the bar. Striding rapidly across the room she caught the man's eye and at a slight nod pulled out a chair and sat gesturing over a serving wench with one hand. Moving closer to the Knight recruiter she first addresses the person behind the bar.

"A fruit juice if you have any, a weak cider if you don't, something you would give your children, if you have any that is."

Turning back to the man in front of her she allowed an easy smile on her face, or at least her closest approximation of an easy smile. As she adopted the expression her face almost froze in doubt but she furiously pushed down these thoughts and focused on her wish to give the world a hero was actually that and not some hidden facsimile.

"So, I hear that the knights are always recruiting? Might you have a position for myself?"

~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Zealot; 12-18-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:31 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8977
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFipps
Can I just resubmit my Ranger as an Inquisitor?
Yes, please feel free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot
I am interested in this for sure, and magic casting is going to be risky for the WHOLE game or just at the start?
This group will ultimately be responsible for changing the nature of magic and magical casting. No pressure or anything...
Old 12-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysolde View Post
Yes, please feel free.

This group will ultimately be responsible for changing the nature of magic and magical casting. No pressure or anything...
Ah so taking weakened wizard might be bad.

If inquisitor is in are other base classes outside of core?
Old 12-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Obi Yub Kenobi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2402
KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps
You are correct, Inquisitor is from Advanced Players guide. If that's an issue, I can leave him as a Ranger, or reskin him as either a woodsy paladin or go druid.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:58 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
Ah so taking weakened wizard might be bad.

If inquisitor is in are other base classes outside of core?
Oh I'm very much looking for Wizards, Sorcerors, Bards, and Clerics they are the people who can best understand the issue and actually figure out the solution. I'll allow some outside classes if you have questions on exactly which ones feel free to PM me and have a link handy.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 922
TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL
Yeah, the first group ended up with a Monk, Fighter, Fighter, Paladin. I don't think we have a lick of knowledge arcana or spellcraft with us.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:24 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17516
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
WB Ysolde Hope I'm not too late for the second group... here's my idea, please let me know what you think.

Application - Athena
right-aligned image
Name: Athena <-- Click to View Character Sheet
Race: Aasimar
Class: Cleric
Alignment: LG

Appearance: Athena looks to be in her late teens/early 20's with long black hair that flows down her back all the way to her buttocks. Her face is soft and skin pure if not a bit pale looking. Athena's crystal green eyes show strong will and determination and seem to radiate nature's beauty of life from the way they sparkle in the light, giving away a hint at her celestial bloodline.

Athena stands at an average stature of about five foot nine inches. Athena's beauty not only stands out from her hair and eyes, but also her lithe hourglass figure. Her body tone is nice and firm with a soft silky feeling. Overall, one could estimate her weighing around 130 lbs. without gear.

To accent her natural looks, Athena wears a beautiful priestly white dress that is often accompanied with a pieces of golden colored or ice armor.

Personality: Athena is a shy woman who believes in the ethos of Linking to the Domains of Knowledge (sub: Aeon) and Healing (sub:Restoration)Wisdom and Healing. After learning about the failing of magic, she strives to rid the lands from the plague of demons by learning from the past and restore the lands and goodness of people.

Background: Athena had mysteriously appeared outside of the "Dome of the Starry Lady" with no memories of her past or where she came from. She could only remember her name and aka: class skills/abilities etcher abilities that seemed to come naturally.

Posting Rate: Varies - usually around 4-5 days a week. (could be multiple post in same day) - weekends not common.

Last edited by kaylara; 12-14-2017 at 02:05 AM.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:59 PM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3573
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
right-aligned image
Name: Cassiel Duskglow
Race: Aasimar
Class: Gray Paladin/ Sorceror
Alignment: NG

Appearance:
Cassiel was once beautiful to behold: tall and lithe of limb, piercing golden eyes set within chiseled features, a mane of soft raven curls nestled atop his head, skin smooth as alabaster with an unearthly sheen about it. That was before his fall.

Now, out of shame, he tries not to draw attention to his celestial heritage. His one remaining wing stays folded and hidden under a heavy cloak. His dark hair, now unkempt, hangs limply about a face scarred by rough use and the misfiring of arcane energies. The only clues to his angelic ancestry remain the unearthly sheen of his complexion and the gleaming golden eyes.

Personality:
Cassiel was once a devout warrior of the heavenly host. He is now a broken man. After being left behind at the end of the great war, he has wandered the earth without purpose. Knowing his goddess to be dead, he felt the direction which guided his life had been ripped out from under him.

With his faith and his understanding of the whole world shaken to its core, Cassiel become an empty hollow man. In an attempt to fill this void, he turned to arcane magics. He now uses magic in much the same manner as an addict abuses substances. Though it cannot replace the bliss he once drew from his faith, the sensation of arcane energy coursing through his body provides a pale and temporary substitute. Because of the nature of the world, his sorcerous spells have been unreliable and occasionally backfired on him. While he recognizes that continuing to dabble in magic could be detrimental to him, in the nature of an addict he both fears his addiction, yet cannot escape it.

While Cassiel’s conviction to his faith is gone, his sense of morality remains. He cannot bring himself to commit any truly evil acts, and his conscience will lead him to help those in need when he encounters them. However, he no longer believes in religious dogma. He does not follow the specific teachings of any faith and he no longer possesses the righteous fervor to seek out and stamp out evil.

Background:
Though born a half-blood, Cassiel was raised among the celestials in the heavens. Treated as a lesser angel, he was filled with zeal and committed himself to the cause of stamping out evil and serving the Goddess of Justice. He considered it the greatest of honors when he was called upon to join the heavenly host that would follow the goddess into battle with the demon horde … that was when everything went wrong.

A young, inexperienced infantryman, he was totally unprepared for the savage brutality of war. He remembers entering his first skirmish with a naive bravado, boasting and laying wagers on who would slay the most demons. Then he felt the warm sensation of blood covering his face, blocking out his vision. He was surprised to discover he felt no pain (though there would be plenty of that to come soon enough). Instinctively, he drew the back of his hand across his face, clearing his eyes, and that was when he caught sight of his brother-in-arms being torn asunder. After that, Cassiel’s memories became hazy, like some half-forgotten dream. There are vague flashes of flesh being rent, screams of anguish and snarls of rage, the copper taste of blood in his mouth, and always the stench of death.

Cassiel is not certain exactly how he survived the battle, but he is certain it was not through bravery or valor. He felt disembodied, with little or no control over his own actions. Whatever actions he did take were more likely driven by terror or self-preservation.

Somehow or other he did escape with his life. When his sense returned, he found himself lying on the field of battle, left for dead. About him lay countless bodies of angels and demons alike. When he tried to raise himself, that was when he began to feel the pain. His body was laced with myriad of cuts and bruises, but he barely felt those as they were eclipsed by the singular searing pain radiating from his back, dominating all sensation, and threatening to rob him of consciousness once again. Reaching over his shoulder, his worst fears were confirmed: where one of his wings should be, there was nothing left but a bloodied stump.

Cassiel could hear the battle still raging in the distance, its center having migrated to some other field, but he could not bring himself to join the fray. His faith shattered, his righteous zeal dissolved like smoke on the wind and was replaced with shame over his own inaction. Dragging himself, Cassiel turned his back on the din of war and fled into the unknown.

It was not until long after that Cassiel learned of how his goddess had sacrificed herself on the field of battle, and the news only brought him more shame as he could not help but compare her selflessness to his own impotence in battle. When the celestial host returned to the heavens, it did not surprise him that he was left behind, forgotten, though it did increase his sense of isolation.

Nearly ageless due to his angelic blood, Cassiel has spent centuries wandering the earth. When his access to the divine magics began to fade, he blamed himself and weakness of his own faith. As his connection to the divine became tenuous, he grew to feel hollow inside and sought some way to make himself while again. Too filled with shame to seek atonement, he instead reached out to other magics that flowed around him by means of sorcery.

Posting Rate: I try to shoot for daily, but around 5x per week is probably more realistic. I do read threads several times a day, and if it’s just quick posts to keep the game moving then I can do daily, but sometimes posts with a lot of description and flavor text just take more time to compose and rl issues and family don’t always allow me time to sit and focus.

Last edited by rhaiber; 12-13-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:26 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
I haven’t looked through these in full quite yet, but please do take a moment to denote posting frequency. I’d like to try and update once per day if possible (my son is fascinated with helping me with any Math)
Old 12-13-2017, 11:01 PM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3573
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Updated to include post frequency.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:54 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
fripperama
Oh, that's good news! So now, I am able to post my app.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:07 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Post away I'm going to look through and give some feedback.

In addition we may need one more for the Wethills group. Hopefully I can get a few more people interested...I know I was ill and last time I returned and left again quite quickly, but I really am feeling better and more able to be here for a decent period of time.

Last edited by Ysolde; 12-14-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:24 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysolde View Post
Post away I'm going to look through and give some feedback.

In addition we may need one more for the Wethills group. Hopefully I can get a few more people interested...I know I was ill and last time I returned and left again quite quickly, but I really am feeling better and more able to be here for a decent period of time.

Thank you for the feedback.

I know the unique circumstances of a child, or am learning now my 9 month old is developing more of a personality.