... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 04-12-2018, 06:10 AM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10749
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
left-aligned image
Claire of Strom
Species: Elf
Class: Wizard (Spellbinder)
Alignment: NG

Appearance:

Claire has a surprisingly down to earth look to her for a mage, her skin slightly more tanned and her hands more worn, as if she had spent at least some of her life in labor instead of in a library.
Still, as an elf she is a step up above most humans, her age giving her a temperament that is hard to feign even with her modest upbringing.
She has sunbleached brown hair, well maintained and usually tied back in a pigtail. She has no staff or familiar as would be normal for a Wizard, instead carrying a light crossbow on her back for situations where the simple dagger at her side won't be enough.
Her smile is warm and friendly, but also slightly tired. It is clear she has had a rough time recently.
She is wearing long robes and a pack that contains her life, the robes in a rich emerald green.

Background:

Last edited by Moridain; 04-12-2018 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:51 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8977
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilbert View Post
assuming I was interested in playing cleric, which domains are available?

I like the idea that the powers granted a deity is not 100% predictable...
You can't have the following: Evil, Chaos, Death everything else is fair game since the Lady of Justice, The Goddess with No Name, The Divine Lady, is considered to be dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaerdis View Post
Question, if I want to play as a monk, can it be unchained or do I have to play the weaker version? Also are occult resources allowed to be used? Because I have interest in being a chakra-focused monk. Otherwise they are a ki-based caster.
It is fine, just remember that Chakra and Ki that have spell effects can be subject to failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRuthven View Post
What's your opinion on Path of War classes?
Any class that has spells or spelllike abilities will be effected by the failure rate. But, other than that I'm good with them if you are.

P.S. The Dome of The Starry Lady thread is here (https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...t=178547)...do think about how your character would get to where the current PCs are please.

Last edited by Ysolde; 04-12-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10749
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Editted my post with a tie in to the City of Fortin. Not sure how the Knights usually work, but this gives her a reason to be in the city and by herself.

(Also cleared out my inbox after missing your PM. Lost my CS at some point, so I had 450/100 in there. )

Last edited by Moridain; 04-12-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:13 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridain View Post
Editted my post with a tie in to the City of Fortin. Not sure how the Knights usually work, but this gives her a reason to be in the city and by herself.

(Also cleared out my inbox after missing your PM. Lost my CS at some point, so I had 450/100 in there. )
Thanks and anyone who's still interested feel free to make a character and I'll do private threads. At this point I'm not going to say no to someone who wants to play and isn't going to perform a dissapearing act...
Old 04-17-2018, 03:54 AM
PhD in Horribleness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1453
Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister
I'm actually fairly interested Been awhile since I did some unambiguous good guy RP. Looking at the characters thread, it looked like the second group you were forming with the intent to be a more magically focused group ended up with a wizard and a rogue? Because I could maybe make a full caster, or do something more conventional. I was thinking maybe either an Empyreal-Celestial Bloodline Sorcerer or Foehammer Fighter Dwarf. Would that gel with what you were wanting?
Old 04-17-2018, 07:39 AM
Old, Crusty, and Cranky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1547
Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
I'm actually fairly interested Been awhile since I did some unambiguous good guy RP. Looking at the characters thread, it looked like the second group you were forming with the intent to be a more magically focused group ended up with a wizard and a rogue? Because I could maybe make a full caster, or do something more conventional. I was thinking maybe either an Empyreal-Celestial Bloodline Sorcerer or Foehammer Fighter Dwarf. Would that gel with what you were wanting?
Hey Hey..show some love for the rogue. I chose the class for the skill points because they needed a speaker and the rogue class has more flexibility in creating whatever you want than any other single class.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:13 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Could, probably, still use a front line cleric I'm sure, but any casting class is good.

Last edited by Ysolde; 04-17-2018 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:23 PM
PhD in Horribleness

Tools
User Statistics
Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister
I've never actually run a cleric, and I'm not typically strong at playing religiously motivated characters, I'm afraid does that mean you need a bit more meat up front to take punches for the group, though?

I know you want to stick to core, but I could also create an Oracle to fill a similar party roll with different flavor if you were ok with that. Someone with a more strained relationship with the gods. But I don't want to push too much for something you're uncomfortable with.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:54 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I've never actually run a cleric, and I'm not typically strong at playing religiously motivated characters, I'm afraid does that mean you need a bit more meat up front to take punches for the group, though?

I know you want to stick to core, but I could also create an Oracle to fill a similar party roll with different flavor if you were ok with that. Someone with a more strained relationship with the gods. But I don't want to push too much for something you're uncomfortable with.
The Godess is dead so sure.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:18 PM
Ice Cream Cultist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7907
Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo
I love the setting you created.

Is there any organized druidry in your world?
There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. ~ Washington Irving
Custom Dice Bags
Old 04-18-2018, 04:14 PM
PhD in Horribleness

Tools
User Statistics

Gregor Imshalla

Race: Half-Orc

Class: Oracle of Metal

Curse: Deaf

Alingment: Chaotic Good

Character Sheet:
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=75206

Description: Like many members of his unfortunate kin, Gregor is a mighty physical specimen. Frightening, perhaps, depending on your perspective. He was blessed with fewer of the bestial aspects which plague many of his kind, and has found a little less resentment among some humans as a result. Still, his yellow, reflective eyes, and cannine ears and teeth don't do him any favors in civilized company, nor does the grayish plue hue of his skin.

His heritage has many blessings in addition to its curses, however. He stands a full six feet, one inch tall, and weighs in excess of two-hundred pounds, with almost all excess day scrubbed away by a life of constant toil. For ease of upkeep, he keeps the sides of his dark, wool-thick hair shaved tight to his scalp, and the rest tied into a long ponytail. His beard is a long, tangled thing, twined into points with decorative talismans. His tattoos and war paint serve a similar purpose, bringing him good luck.

Gregor's walks everywhere as if he carries a heavy load, weighted down with responsibility, regret, and paranoia. In much of this, he is justified, and his heart is heavy. It shows in his gaze, which pierces and unnerves most humans. Though, typically, he is only trying to read their lips. He walks with a great deal of caution, hammered into him by the nature of his disability.

Personality: It would be impossible for a deaf half-orc to reach his twenty-fifth year of life in this day and age without possessing some modicum of caution. Despite his powerful presence, and intimidating demeanor, Gregor has toned down the fury in his blood to a simmer, igniting it only when battle is at hand. He's suffered greatly in his life, and this has hardened him into a more stoic man than he once was, but at his core lies deep empathy for the oppressed and downtrodden. His passions run deep, and he has more than once been moved to tears at the sight of cruelty, even in the midst of fighting. He doesn't value his own life very highly, having been told from a young age that he was worthless, and seeks to serve a cause bigger than himself in any way he can. That said, he does often chaff at authority, and has his own ideas about what righteousness should entail.

History:
Gregor was the product of a raid by an orc chieftain outside of a border shanty town on the edge of a far off duchy. His mother, who's name he was never told, was instructed to bare the child to term because he would likely be very strong and capable of defending them in the future. That request cost her her life, as half orc births are rarely without complications. The leader of their settlement took him under his wing, though he could hardly be considered a father figure. He was only ever there to instruct in the ways of combat, entrusting him to learn anything else on his own time, and for his wetnurses to see to his accommodations. Thus, he was often passed around as a child, forming few connections. He was given the surname "Imshalla", which translates to "wall" in an archaic local dialect. But, he was exactly what the village had hoped for: strong and capable, and subservient, though his nature made it a constant battle for him to keep from losing his temper when he suffered abuse and disregard from the other residents, which was often. He would need that patience later in life.

In his spare time, as he grew older, Gregor would spend more and more hours with moldy old books that the settlement had held onto. He had forced himself to learn how to read, picking up small bits and pieces from others on the rare occasion they were willing to teach him. And when he at last found a tome relating ancient legends about the Knights of Justice, he wasn't able to put it down for weeks. It filled his head with so much joy that there might be people out there who would look after people like him that were treated so much worse than other children. It lifted his heart far above the day to day drudgery. But it was not long after this magical period that his life changed forever.

Gregor does not, to this day, know where his power and curse came from. He thinks it just as likely as anything else that he is being punished by some higher power for the sin of his birth and the death of his mother. Perhaps it is a demon of some kind who afflicted him st that moment, just when he would be needed most. But one day, when he was watchfully keeping an eye on the perimeter of the village, he suddenly lost all sense of sound around him. It was as if he had suddenly been placed in another realm. The silence horrified him, but he couldn't understand precisely what had happened at first. He ran off to the well, trying to wash out his ears, desperate to figure out what had happened to him. The only thing he knew for sure was that the timing couldn't have possibly been worse. He started running back to the settlement, but as he did so, all he saw was flame. Orcs had raided the village once again, this time putting everyone the couldn't take as a slave to the torch. That was the first day Gregor fell to his knees and wept for the cruelty of the world. It would not be his last.

He ran, as far and as cast as he could. It wouldn't be inaccurate to say he's still running. He set off into the wild, and other small duchies along the way that might be able to put him up for a night, meeting no end of malice and spite along the way. But he also found himself on the road. He had not only lost his hearing, which made the trek far more perilous, but he also gained strange abilities, such as he had never seen. He felt odd kinship with the weapons he wielded and the armor he wore. And sometimes, if he way very still, it was like he could hear again in the song that the steel sang to him. He also manifested healing powers and other bizarre forces. Sometimes, these would get him run out of towns. Other times, it would get him a night's rest in a real bed. But all the while, and from many leagues away, he has been marching further towards to the one place where he feels there might be use for him. The one thing he had ever felt true happiness about. He marched for the Knights of Justice.

Last edited by Sinister; 04-20-2018 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5724
tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert

Quote:
assuming I was interested in playing cleric, which domains are available?
I like the idea that the powers granted a deity is not 100% predictable...
I'll have to withdraw the interest no... actually the my intention to apply, I got accepted in another game...
Old 04-19-2018, 12:05 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megiddo View Post
I love the setting you created.

Is there any organized druidry in your world?
As in groups of druids who arrange themselves into groves? You can find them in the Duchy of Star Pointe and the Duchy of Fallhold where larger numbers of elves live and areas of large natural forests still exist. Of course with magic not exactly functioning as it once was these groves are fading away.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:08 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I'll have to withdraw the interest no... actually the my intention to apply, I got accepted in another game...
No worries any additional applicants will, most likely get their own threads until they meet up with someone else or the player dissapears into the vague mists of the internet.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:35 PM
PhD in Horribleness

Tools
User Statistics
I was curious about those solo threads. Does that mean we're not members of the Knights yet? Or had the option not to be? I was thinking I might make my character on a journey to try and join them. I also think I'll have him finished today or tomorrow.