RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook
4 0 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 03-06-2018, 09:44 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6453
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Forgotten Realms: The Road Less Traveled

Game NameForgotten Realms: Road Less Traveled
Game SystemADnD 2e
ThemeForgotten Realms
FlavourMelee and Mystery
Plot Summary
Plot Summary

Plot SummaryCharacters are investigating recent attacks on locals or travelers.

The HookThe Road Less Traveled. What makes it less traveled? Fortitude? Determination, perhaps? Faith? Maybe it's just plain stubbornness or luck? Whatever it is, the "Road" mentioned here is no actual Road. It's symbolic. It's a specific kind of path one particular kind of individual takes through life, and this path is most certainly not the one of least resistance. This path, this... Road, is extremely resistant to the weak, and the soft-minded. Few have the character and the intestinal fortitude to go down this Road of life, the life of uncertainty, and most of all...Adventure. This... is "The Road Less Traveled.".

The Town of Thentia on the Northern Coast of the Moonsea.

Your character will be joining an adventure already underway.

Game Mechanics
How many Players are you looking for?
1 at the moment
What is the characters' starting level?
Single class characters start at 3rd level. Multi-classed characters start at 2nd level.

What Races are allowed?
Human, Elf, Half-elf, Half-orc, Dwarf, Gnome, Halfling. Subraces will be considered on a case by case basis.

How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Starting Gold will be maximum for class at 1st level x 3. Same for multiclass characters.

Are there any particular character “things that you want... or do not want?
No evil or true neutral alignments. No psionics. No Player’s options rules.

Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game ?
All players will do their own die rolling. GM will roll for all NPCs and all nasty surprises.

Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that Players should know about?
No, save the HP rule of "Zero" is "at death's door, and -10 is death. Using rules from list of 2E books below. Kits are accepted and encouraged.

Is a character background required? Are you looking for anything in particular?
Yes. All backgrounds are restricted to Forgotten Realms area only. Background/Back History can be as specific or vague as you like. One thing that MUST be in your background is the reason for you coming to do this quest/job.

Are your Players restricted to particular rule books and supplements?
Yes. These are the books that are allowed.
-Player’s Handbook
-DMG for possible Magic Items Reference
-The following "Complete" Series of Books: Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes & Halflings, Fighters, Paladins, Wizards, Priests, Druids, Rangers, Bards, and The complete book of Thieves.
-Tome of Magic
-Arm's & Equipment Guide
-Forgotten Realms Faiths & Avatars
- The Code of the Harpers Forgotten Realms Expansion
-The Vilhon Reach Forgotten Realms Expansion
- Many other Forgotten Realms Expansion box sets and such too numerous to mention
-Any other reference materials desired to be used must be approved by DM.
Character Submission:
Need name, Age, Sex, Race, physical description, background, and general idea of skills you want your character to have. This can all be blended together in a paragraph or two as I'm not picky. Character generation will take place after your player has been accepted (though it you wish to get a head start on a character sheet, feel free to do so, but this will not sway acceptance into game).

Game Posting Requirements:
Once a week is preferable, several times a week favored. A quick PM, or post in an OOC thread when Life has you otherwise occupied would be appreciated.
As for content, at least a decent paragraph in a post would be appreciated. Yes, sometimes combat can’t be too meaty, but it can be “descriptive!” But c’mon folks, we’re writing a story, and adventure together. Let’s have fun out there!

Character Generation Method - (Roll only in the Dice Thread)
You have 3 shots at getting the rolls you need for your character. Roll once for each set. If you still short for a particular Class/Kit you have your heart set on, I may let you use the "Rob Peter to pay Paul" method with your ability scores at a -2 = +1.

Here's the method to use -

Method V: Roll four six-sided dice (4d6). Discard the lowest die and total the remaining three. Repeat this five more times, then assign the six numbers to the character's abilities however you want.

REROLL all "1s" - Use the rolling method of ignoring "1's", as explained elsewhere on this site. (No dice rolling here, Abilities and character generation will be done later in the Game Thread.)

Lastly: No dice rolling in the Advertisement Thread.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 12-05-2018 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1358
Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson
Thank you. Looks great! Diving back into 2e should be fun.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:01 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warson View Post
Thank you. Looks great! Diving back into 2e should be fun.
Welcome Warson! Paraphrasing Yoda, "It will be, it will be."

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 03-06-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:14 PM
do you smell smoke?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1719
Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros
I'm thinking an elven thief... Maybe swashbuckler kit, or scout.

Placeholder.

Last edited by Zagros; 03-06-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:16 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagros View Post
I'm thinking an elven thief... Maybe swashbuckler kit.

Placeholder.
That'd fit nicely.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:24 PM
gro-Zug

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7668
Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug
Sourcebook QuestionA quick question regarding half-orcs. Am I right to assume that the stats for them are found in The Complete Book of Humanoids? I noticed it wasn't in the list of open materials, and am just making sure another version of them hadn't slipped under my radar.

Name: Hresh ken-Makha
Age: 16 (assuming half-orcs mature and age a little quicker than humans)
Sex: Male
Race: Half-orc
Probable Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Faith: Not particularly pious. Will offer a prayer to Waukeen, Grumbar, or Luthic when needed.
Tentative Class: Fighter?

Description: Hresh is a sturdy and well-built man with slightly long arms. He stands a few inches shy of six feet tall due to his slight hunch, caused by years of working in cramped conditions or bearing heavy loads upon his sagging shoulders. His complexion and facial features cause him to "show" somewhat easily as a half-orc, for he possesses a grayish-olive skintone, a small, snubbed nose, and a pair of tusks which just barely jut out past his lower lips unless he takes pains to conceal them (and make a funny face while doing so). His eyes are deep-set and dark in color, and his straight black hair with a slight widow's peak falls roughly neck-length about his head. Several old injuries can be seen across his body, mostly in the hands and forearms where work in the mine saw various cuts, cracks, and bruises visited upon him. The half-orc possesses a baritone voice somewhat roughened up over the years by inhaling mine particulates, but his relatively quiet demeanor means that he doesn't often make it heard unless necessary. It isn't so much that he prefers actions to words, as it is a case that he simply never was expected to do much of the talking in the past.

Background:

Ideal Non-Combat Skills: Animal Handling (mostly draft horses and oxen); Basic Mechanical Knowledge (building pulleys, repairing broken hafts, shafts, and wagon axels); Haggling (he was never much of a trader, but he grew up observing his cousins work their craft); Gambling (what half-decent miner wouldn't know how to roll the bones after a long shift?); Mining (naturally); Overland Travel & Road Navigation (he took after his grandma in guarding the family caravans); Scrimshaw (what? it's a hobby).

Last edited by Grozug; 03-07-2018 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:25 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grozug View Post
A quick question regarding half-orcs. Am I right to assume that the stats for them are found in the Complete Book of Humanoids? I noticed it wasn't in the list of open materials, and am just making sure another version of them hadn't slipped under my radar.

Also placeholder.
Yes, and I'm glad you asked. I don't list that book because every time I've had it on the table during tabletop games, or in a list of those you can use in PBP games, someone wants to pick another race to RP from that book.
Really, the only stats you need from that book are the Infravision 60', and the stats for ability scores - Half-Orc: +1 Str, +1 Con; -2 Cha.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:26 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 214
Squadfather43 Squadfather43 Squadfather43
Place holder...

I'm thinking of a Human Fighter....not sure what kit though.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:33 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadfather43 View Post
Place holder...

I'm thinking of a Human Fighter....not sure what kit though.
One thing 2e has plenty of is kits.
Any idea what kind of fighter you'd prefer? Throw some ideas out and I can give you some kit ideas. You could start with the Complete Book of Fighters, and if not then maybe Faith's and Avatars. Might even check a few of the Ranger Kits.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:55 AM
gro-Zug

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7668
Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug
Tentative character info added.

I am also thinking my character would be a Fighter, but I'll leave it flexible for now. Could be a multiclass Fighter/Thief, or a kit tailored for the region: I encountered the Warrior of the Moonsea (Thentia option) kit in Warriors and Priests of the Realms a little while ago.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:15 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 214
Squadfather43 Squadfather43 Squadfather43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
One thing 2e has plenty of is kits.
Any idea what kind of fighter you'd prefer? Throw some ideas out and I can give you some kit ideas. You could start with the Complete Book of Fighters, and if not then maybe Faith's and Avatars. Might even check a few of the Ranger Kits.
I wouldn't mind a kind of knight/cavalier style kit. I've got an idea of a character that's from a sort of fallen noble line. Back in the day something happened and his family was blamed for it. Thus, they were stripped of title and lands.

Once he was old enough to understand the situation, he took it upon himself to regain his family's honor. If possible he'd even seek out those responsible and seek justice.

Any suggestions or ideas would be welcome. It's been a decade or so since I cracked open the books.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:41 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1641
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Would I be allowed to roll stats and then decide what to be?
Old 03-07-2018, 11:31 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericg1s View Post
Would I be allowed to roll stats and then decide what to be?
Absolutelly. You can still give an idea of the temperment, and personality your character would have. Unless, of course, you want to let those creative brain juices start flowing, "after" you see what the rolls get you. With the way I let players roll their characters, you should be able to get any type of class/kit you want though.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:30 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Here's who has posted interest so far. The list isn't anything I'm holding any of you to, but it gives me something to go on.

PlayerRace of CharacterClassKit
Ericg1sTBDTBDTBD
WarsonTBDTBDTBD
Squadfather43HumanKnight or CavalierTBD
GrozugHalf-OrcFighter and/or ThiefTBD
ZagrosElfRogue/ScoutSwashbuckler or Scout

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 03-07-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:01 PM

Tools
User Statistics
@Squadfather43. In the Faith's and Avatars book there are a few kits that would fit what you are describing. I will have time to look this evening if you like.