RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook
5 7 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 03-07-2018, 02:45 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 214
Squadfather43 Squadfather43 Squadfather43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
@Squadfather43. In the Faith's and Avatars book there are a few kits that would fit what you are describing. I will have time to look this evening if you like.

Thank you, I'd appreciate that. I'll start looking for my books and online for pdfs.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:10 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6536
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
@Grozug - If you like I can post some kits that may fit what you've posted so far for your character. It will be later this evening, but I don't mind if you're still in searching mode.

Same goes for everyone. I've got a ton of books saved both on my PC, and on a drive in the cloud., so I don't mind.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 03-07-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3241
Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos
Tempting to jump into this since I started with 2e. These games don't come around all too often.

I take it we are just post time of troubles? Timeline wise?

<Taken the Oath>
Old 03-07-2018, 04:03 PM
gro-Zug

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7668
Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
@Grozug - If you like I can post some kits that may fit what you've posted so far for your character. It will be later this evening, but I don't mind if you're still in searching mode.

Same goes for everyone. I've got a ton of books saved both on my PC, and on a drive in the cloud., so I don't mind.
I'd be grateful for that, if you'll be browsing books anyway. This will also help me see if I got the character concept across well enough.

I've also got access to a decent amount of books, so don't worry too much about sharing blocks of text for my sake.

Last edited by Grozug; 03-07-2018 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:13 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargos View Post
Tempting to jump into this since I started with 2e. These games don't come around all too often.

I take it we are just post time of troubles? Timeline wise?
And you are entry #6 so far.
This will be in the opening game IC post.

Faerun, the Year 1368
The Season of Leaffall on the Northern Coast of the Moonsea
Old 03-07-2018, 04:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1358
Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson
@Drachenspirit: Thanks for offering to help! I don't have the 'Complete' handbooks and was about to drop some cash on a .pdf or two. Before I do...

Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the monk flavored classes from the Priest handbook? Whether or not acceptable in your game, general thoughts on the class/flavor, etc.?
Old 03-07-2018, 04:38 PM

Tools
User Statistics
@Warson - without giving away any game info, I'll just say that a Monk may not fare well in this particular quest, though not for the usual low level reasons. I think there might be something close to a Monk in either Faith's & Avatars, or maybe even Code of the Harper's. Don't recall at the moment, but I will look tonight.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3241
Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos
I'm thinking maybe halfing rogue. No idea on a kit yet. Seems people are already laying claim to fighters. Anyone talking about clerics or wizards?

It's 2e we would be kind of screwed without a cleric.

<Taken the Oath>
Old 03-07-2018, 04:56 PM

Tools
User Statistics
@Dargos - Absolutely no mention of Wizard type, and not really any mention of Cleric/ Priest either.
@All - Multiclass characters are acceptable as well. Well, 'cept for humans...

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 03-07-2018 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1581
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome
Is the complete book of Drow allowed 2nd AD&D or Demi human Deities 2nd AD&D? I have two characters that were started and games died that either would fit game with some level changes.

Last edited by Clawsome; 03-07-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:25 PM

Tools
User Statistics
No, but the Complete Book of Elves is.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1581
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome
Quote:
No, but the Complete Book of Elves is.
Forgot to mention the Demi Human Deities is Forgotten Realms companion to Faiths and Avatar, because it didn't support demi humans. If that matters.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:32 PM

Tools
User Statistics
I don't know if I have that one. I will check when I get home from work, later this evening.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:04 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Here's an update of who's applied so far and for what. Again, this is just a list and it isn't binding if you want to change something.

PlayerRace of CharacterClassKit
Ericg1sTBDTBDTBD
WarsonTBDTBDTBD
Squadfather43HumanKnight or CavalierTBD
GrozugHalf-OrcFighter and/or ThiefTBD
ZagrosElfRogue/ScoutSwashbuckler or Scout
ClawsomeElfTBDTBD
DargosHalflingRogue and/or ClericTBD

@Warson - You might want to check out the specialty priest of Lliira, called a Joydancer. Really close to a monk, kinda sounds like one.

@Clawsome - the complete book of elves has some of my favorite kits. I'd check that out.

@Squadfather43 - a few kits you might want to look at are 1) Specialty Priest of Tyr, called a Holy Justice. They use swords. 2)The complete book of Paladins has a few you might like as well.

@Grozug - From the complete book of Fighters, a Wilderness Warrior Kit isn't far off from what you've posted as a background. Or, a Barbarian kit from the same book might appeal to you

@Dargos - From the Complete book of Halflings and Gnomes, the Traveler Kit might appeal to you. Just glanced over it.

@All - Kits really just get you a few extra Proficiencies, maybe an extra weapon slot, or even a weapon or armor your class might not normally use. A few have attack and defensive advantages, but the flavor of them is what usually appealed to me. One of my favorite straight "warrior" type kits is the Ranger Justifier kit, for example. I think that was the idea with kits in 2E, something to appeal to everyone. Some say they went overboard, but I love the Edition. Also, I don't tend to turn people away just because the numbers are over. I'll figure it out, even if that means splitting the party from time to time so they don't blow out my dungeon.

Game is open!!!

HERE'S THE LINK TO THE GAME FORUM.

Everyone in the table can move to the game forum and begin posting there. You may keep posting here if you like, but if you are for sure going to play in the game, start posting in the link.

To all newcomers. After reading the 1st post of this thread, you find yourself still interested, I will take more players if the demand is high. but 8 will probably be the limit.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 03-07-2018 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:52 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8433
Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon
Can I be your 8th then? Or backup in case someone bails?