RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook
4 1 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 03-07-2018, 11:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1358
Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson
@Drachenspirit: You're awesome. You've put so much work and time into everything so far. Much appreciated! Looking forward to this!
Old 03-07-2018, 11:36 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6453
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpigeon View Post
Can I be your 8th then? Or backup in case someone bails?
You can be # 8!

Also, I "can" take up to two more, for a total of 10. Of course, they'll split up once combat and such begins. Don't make me quote LOTR's reference on 1 group, two missions. And let's not forget the Matrix Trilogy - "2 ships, 2 directions." Can you tell I'm tired and it's been a long day?
I'll check in tomorrow morning.

@Warson - Thanks! Flattery will get you plenty! If there's a system I know, it's 2E. Makes things easier, for me at least.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 03-07-2018 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:01 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
If you are checking this thread for the first time, see the above post, then reference the 1st post, Here's who is on board already...

PlayerRace of CharacterClassKit
Ericg1sTBDTBDTBD
WarsonDwarfClericTBD
Squadfather43HumanKnight or CavalierTBD
GrozugHalf-OrcFighterWilderness Warrior
ZagrosElfRogue/ScoutSwashbuckler or Scout
ClawsomeElfTBDTBD
DargosHalflingRogueTBD
RatpigeonElf?Druid/RangerTotemic Druid/Beastrider?
TheGoodDoctorWood elf or Half-OrcRanger/RogueTBD

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 03-09-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Application

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Hlan Ironstar
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric
Sex: Male
Alignment: Lawful Good
Kit: Ritual Priest

Description:
A devout follower of the Dwarffather, Moradin, Hlan exhibits a stoic presence at all times. Slightly more stout than the average dwarf, Hlan prides himself in his highly toned body and incredibly sharp mind. His light red hair is cut sharply and uneven (hacked by his own shears), yet his refined beard is tightly groomed with braids on either side. His piercing brown eyes enable him to talk his way out of trouble and to persuade even the strongest unbeliever that Moradin is indeed the most judicious and powerful God in the entire pantheon.

Concept/Background:
Hlan is a high ranking member of The Church of Rockfire, lead by Archpriest Urur Minestone. He became the ward of Urur at the age of four after the death of his parents, as well as the majority of his clan, due to a plague that swept through his mountain home after an unsuccessful goblin invasion. The clan of Rockfire has recovered from the plague that struck its people over fifty years ago and, in fact, has prospered after the discovery of multiple veins of gold within the mountain that they call home. With wealth spreading and confidence rising, the Church wishes to expand by creating new churches throughout the land in order to spread the word of Moradin. Thentia is a key town in this expansion since the Church has heard stories of lawlessness coming from the town's streets. Intent on establishing a stronghold in Thentia, yet fearing the stories of attacks to travelers and merchants, Archpriest Minestone has sent Hlan to investigate and to pave a safe path for The Church of Rockfire to establish a presence within the town and region.

Last edited by Warson; 03-09-2018 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:40 PM
Bowties are COOL...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2361
TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor
Slipping in my surprise application like a wet willy, hoping I haven't missed the deadline:

The Scourge Hunter

right-aligned image
Pierce Bowman
Half Elf Eldritch Archer
Lawful Good Fighter2/Wizard2/Cleric2

Being born of two different cultures and trapped between warring parents, Pierce had all the problems of a modern day divorce child with a lot more travelling between homes. His father was the elven one. Strict and aloof, cold but imassioned, he was a very hard one to read and get along with. He yearned to teach his boy the highlights of his culture but found himself horrified that as a half-man, the boys years seemed to sift through his hands like sand in an hourglass. It was the very reason why he left the boy's mother in the first place; Time passed out of sync with his reality. Pierce hadn't even turned 18 when his father began to grieve for his boy's relatively shortly awaiting death.

Outliving his son was not in the cards however, when his village in the Tangled Woods came under siege from an up and coming necromancer and his undead army. There was very little for Pierce to salvage in the wreckage when he came to visit his father, save for their family armor, unscathed and untouched in the pile of ash that was once his father. It was then when Pierce knew that his life woud become devoted to the path of vengeance, and he would play his part in ridding this world of undead scum once and for all.

Last edited by TheGoodDoctor; 03-10-2018 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:58 PM

Tools
User Statistics
@TheGoodDoctor - Would he have a hard time working with others in a group? And he'll need a "hook" or rather a person or persons who told him of this "confidential" job in Thentia.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:02 PM
Bowties are COOL...

Tools
User Statistics
TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor
I view him as a bounty hunter type, so he is fine with working in a group and taking on missions.

Buuuut looking at the applicants thus far, I can see a lot of rogues/rangers/fighters, not a lot of magic-users. Consider my app a foot in the door. I am going to come up with something better to fill in the gaps.

Last edited by TheGoodDoctor; 03-09-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:10 PM
Bowties are COOL...

Tools
User Statistics
Alright. I got us a Magic-User to add to the fold! (I don't like being squishy, so Bladesinger was added in)
Old 03-09-2018, 11:33 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Application complete (I hope). Please let me know if you need additional details at this point. Thanks!
Old 03-09-2018, 11:52 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Both of you jump over to the game forum and begin posting there.
LINK
Old 03-09-2018, 11:56 PM
Bowties are COOL...

Tools
User Statistics
Thnak you!
Old 03-22-2018, 09:56 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Alright. Could use One more character. Either a Mage/Wizard, or a Fighter Type, or both as Multiclassed. Current Roster is below, though the group will be split up from time to time, maybe even to start out.

PlayerCharacter NameRace of CharacterClassKitApproved by DM
Ericg1sOpiGnomeThiefNoneYes
WarsonHlanDwarfClericSpecialty Priest of MoradinYes
GrozugHreshHalf-OrcFighterWilderness WarriorYes
ZagrosFolnirElfRogue/ScoutScoutYes
ClawsomeMogueElfClericHoly ChampionYes
RatpigeonAthemiHalf-ElfDruid/RangerTotemic Druid/ShapeshifterYes
TheGoodDoctorPierceWood elfFighter/WizardArcher/WarwizardYes

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 03-22-2018 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:34 AM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17416
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Heya Drachen, whats your thoughts about a Female Drow Wizard or if thats to far out there.. A grey elf wizard
Old 03-23-2018, 04:39 AM
The Jovial Adventurer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1819
Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser
The Magician
left-aligned image
Thaddeus Illum Roth
Wild-Eyed Human Wizard

His hands often stained in either dirt or ink, his eyes dark and filled with a sense of constant anxiety and his hair slick from pulling and inconsistent washing, his fellow mages have long called him Illum the Frantic. Not that he ever cared.

Thaddeus spent much of his earlier years among a circle of similarly minded mages, however his strange ideals, theories and appearance only became the basis for his title and eventual dismissal. While he is common to explain that it was his own choice to leave, it is within official record that Thaddeus Roth was dismissed for 'heretical speech and acts unfitting of a mage'. When such things are brought up he is quick to deny them.

Since his dismissal Thaddeus has traveled in the pursuit of knowledge and purpose, putting to use his intellect and skill in the arcane to better his name and fix whatever ails his skill set can. In one of these instances Thaddeus was requested by a noble of Phlan to discover the source of the disappearances to the east of Thentia, though he was given no believable reason for the noble's interest.

Partly in curiosity, though well helped by the generous reward, Thaddeus embarked for Thentia.
Character InformationName: Thaddeus Illum Roth
Race: Human
Class: Mage
Alignment: Neutral Good
Kit: Academician
Old 03-23-2018, 10:37 AM

Tools
User Statistics
@ Kaylara - Drow elf doesn't fit in the game setting, though Grey Elf is fine.

I suppose i could take two more players/characters. I'll just have to tweak the mission/quest of the larger group to be tougher.

HERE'S THE LINK TO THE GAME FORUM.

Please move over to the game forum and begin creating your character sheets, and add bios there. Any questions that aren't answered for you in the first post of this thread or over in the game forum threads, please PM me or post in the OOC thread there.

Recruiting IS Closed Until Further Notice

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 03-23-2018 at 10:37 AM.