RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook
5 7 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 08-11-2018, 02:45 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 412
OldeHob OldeHob OldeHob OldeHob OldeHob
I see this is an older thread, but I also see that it says you are looking for one more player. Is that still in effect? I would truly love to go striding about the Realms again, I have rarely done it as a player.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:35 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 127
Dewleaf Rivers Dewleaf Rivers
May I get in on this?

Name: Morinn Warrace
Race:Dwarven Priest of the Tiger Clan?
Class: Hill Dwarven Barbarian clan that worships the Tiger.
Alignment: Lawful Good

Priest Spells: 3-3-1

Priest Abilities:

Weapon prof:

Armor:

Nonweapon prof:

Background

Would this Character be okay?
The Tiger Spirit is basically something a kin to a Druid worshiping Nature, but it is the embodiment of all large cats, and is basically a Barbarian Deity of Strength and Protection (Guardianship).

Old 08-11-2018, 11:30 AM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6536
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Knowing how it was when I first joined this site and was looking for a game, I will, if I can, find a place for new(er) members to fit into a game I have going.

@OldeHob - Not really looking for more players at the moment, but if a few express interest, then I can start up another adventure out of the this Campaign world. So, yes, I welcome those who love traipsing around in the realms. Go ahead and submit a character app.

@Dewleaf Rivers - Check out the 1st post in this thread and I assure you one of those 2E books has something that will fit close to what you are proposing.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:59 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you. I will cobble together a proposition based on what you have outlined. If it needs adjusting or scrapping for the next campaign let me know and adjustments can be made. At the least making a character in one of my favorite settings will be fun and it will book mark me for later games.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:26 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
@OldeHob - The adventures are all based out of Thentia, so having a background that has your character "there" would be helpful. I can give you "the hook" once there's enough players to start a new game.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:08 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Works for me. I will post something as soon as is reasonably possible.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:46 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Downright shameless bump
Old 08-15-2018, 07:11 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I will be giving another soon when I drop off a character concept. As there is no chance to play immediately I am tooling around with a couple ideas to see what I like.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:12 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldeHob View Post
I will be giving another soon when I drop off a character concept. As there is no chance to play immediately I am tooling around with a couple ideas to see what I like.
Well, if there's at least 4 players, I can get an adventure started right off. I've got a ton of official module adventures and such that I can tweak for Thentia, so it's really just posting as much.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:58 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 114
thawizkid thawizkid
How many openings are there currently?
Old 08-18-2018, 03:04 PM

Tools
User Statistics
still the 4, possibly 5 if the interest is there.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 135
pkeiter pkeiter
I may be interested. it has been a long time since I played 2nd edition. Also, unfortunately, my 2nd edition books have been packed for a move I just made and I may not have access to them for a little bit. Is there an online SRD I can use to refresh myself? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:55 PM

Tools
User Statistics
There is an online SRD, but so as not to risk getting an Infraction, just do a search for a particular book and you'll find all kinds of happy sites that will let you check out their books.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:19 PM
Blaaargh!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5084
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Hello! I would like to throw my hat in the ring! I have only the slightest 2nd edition experience from about 25 yrs ago but I have the books and am reading up on all the various rules and such. I am leaning towards a barbarian brute but will know much more by the end of the day. I am quite the dedicated player so I will be in for the long haul.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:35 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
So, I have ticked through a few character concepts i like and have settled on one.

Ozrik Lie-Bane. Male Thief of a very religious mindset. Around 30 years old, ng. In appearance he is mousy and easy to overlook. Small in height and slight in build with the dark hair and blue eyes common to this area.

Ozrik is a follower of Denier, the god of writing and libraries. He is a scholar, or at least he was trained as a scholar and scribe, before the political unrest and violence of the Moonsea region put him on the path of the adventurer. He religiously and personally finds Cyric and his followers loathsome, as any others would suppress facts. He cares more about facts than truths which he finds rather subjective.

The thief has found that he loves the excitement of an adventurers life and that he has a talent for it. His faith is expressed by seeking lost writings in his journeys. These written artifacts are returned to a priest of Denier in is down time. He also keeps journals focused on copying rubbings of etchings on dungeon walls or recording stories and cultural aspects of the world he encounters. He is also very fascinated with politics, history, and magic, but all as academic subjects. He has no wish to rule or to wield anything but the simplest magics.

Ozrik has a fondness for the Moonsea area as it is his place of birth, though his birth place has long since been dominated by Zhential keep in the east. He has settled in Thentia as the most liberal place in the area and he is fond of it. For instance he rarely practices theft there, instead choosing adventure as a means of income.

Answering the original post Ozrik would be joining a venture to track down dangers to trade to to protect his adopted home, to get the bounty and keep a comfortable lifestyle, and to stave off boredom and rusting of his skills.

The skills he focus most heavily on are first the practical skills of dungeon craft with a focus on those that get into places. After that he focus on languages and knowledge of customs and beliefs of people. Lastly he devours arcane lore, but again just in volume of facts and beliefs and not in practical application beyond those found in the thief class, which at this level is a wide knowledge of magic items.

If there were multiclassing at higher level it would be seeing some modest magical skill or trying to deepen the ties to the church (some monkish devotion?). At this point the character has some vague notion of retiring to be a lay monk/scribe, but he enjoys his life of adventure and urban excursion to much to do so soon.