RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook
5 7 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 08-19-2018, 06:00 PM
Blaaargh!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5084
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
LOL maybe I should read more carefully! Just noticed that the complete barbarians handbook is not acceptable. No problem...I shall persevere and see what other inspiration hits me.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:41 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6536
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
For whatever reason, I never got that manual. Good luck!
Old 08-19-2018, 07:15 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 412
OldeHob OldeHob OldeHob OldeHob OldeHob
I think I will look at the Complete Thieves Handbook to see if there are any ideas in that to add to what I have here, but I think my concept is pretty solidly what I had in mind.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:03 PM
Blaaargh!

Tools
User Statistics
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Kleva the Cleaver
right-aligned image
Name: Kleva
Sex: Female
Race: Human
Class: Fighter (Savage Kit)

Physical Description: Kleva is small but it has been said that she walks tall. She only stands 55 and weighs if she is lucky 125 lbs. Years of hard living have left her muscles toned and the way that she carried herself, she seems like a taut wire. She steps lightly with her green eyes constantly scanning her surroundings at all times. She has long dreadlocked hair that hangs loose about her shoulders and her caramel colored skin has a healthy glow that comes from spending all of her time outdoors. She wears hide clothing with a wolf skin cloak upon her back.

Background: Kleva hails from The Ride, north of the Dragonspine Mountains. There she lived the peaceful life of a Varm barbarian, living in time with the seasons. The peace at times shattered when war came from the Vaegould tribe. Then Kleva would meet axe with axe and fight alongside the men of the Varm. In the heat of battle, Kleva would become a whirling dervish, dealing death from every direction, near or far. While she relished peace she was most alive when dealing death to her enemies.

Kleva lived for the hunt and spent most of her days tracking game across the open spaces of the plain. She never thought of a life away from her people until the night she tracked a most impressive mountain lion up into the mountains. One wrong step sent her tumbling into a unseen crevasse. Knocked unconscious she came to with a full pockmarked moon shining directly overhead. The moon began to pulsate and rays of moonlight illuminated hidden hand and footholds along, what moments before had been smooth stone walls. Scrambling up the sheer walls, Kleva was able to escape the pit and while badly injured, return home safely. Afterwards, staring up at the moon, she had a vision of a great white temple to the goddess Selune. Without questioning, she knew she must find this temple and pay her thanks to her Selune. Following the story written in the stars, Kleva found herself in the bustling city of Thentia. For the first time in her life she was assaulted by the crush and stench of the civilized world.

Skills: Kleva is a hardy warrior skilled in tracking and other outdoor skills such as survival, animal handling, hunting, set snares. She is a survivalist par excellence.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:11 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
@Begon Ugo - Sending you a PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:24 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Bumpity bump
Old 08-21-2018, 10:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 135
pkeiter pkeiter
Currently, I am thinking of a wizard character. Nothing seemed to grab me out of the Wizard's Handbook. The more I thought, though, I was drawn back to some of the early names, Mordenkainen, Bigby, etc.

Currently I am thinking about a human wizard, who is driven by knowledge. He wants to master magic - to understand it on many levels. He believes there is more to magic than high-damage spells. He is drawn to the works by ancient Netheril mages, believing that by revisiting their work, a better understanding of the Weave can be found.

I will flesh his out in the next 24 hours - I've started a new job and it's taking more time than I expected.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:59 PM

Tools
User Statistics
@pkeiter - looking forward to seeing what you submit.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:05 PM

Tools
User Statistics
@Everyone - Got PMs from 3 players, 2 of which have posted here.
Currently, only have one confirmed player, a Fighter Type, and one probable, for the new game/adventure that will be a dungeon crawl after a few rounds/turns in the outdoors.

I can take up to 5 total, and can run with 4. Having a thief/rogue type and a healer will be quite helpful. I have replied to PMs in the event you sent me one.
Long Live 2E!!!

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 08-23-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:17 PM
Blaaargh!

Tools
User Statistics
C’mon people!!! Let’s get this going! Kleva is raring to go and needs some companions!

Last edited by Begon Ugo; 08-23-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:34 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
pkeiter pkeiter
Dynus
right-aligned image

Name: Dynus
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Class: Wizard

Physical Description: Dynus stands about 5' 8" tall and weighs about 165 pounds. He is on the slim side, but not very muscular. Years of being inside reading books developed his brain, but not his muscles. Dynus is a bit more nimble than one might expect from first look. He has used his nimbleness to get access to books that were not available to the public. He has long black hair, which he often ties off in a number of braids, depending on his mood. His skin tends to be a little pale in color from spending so much time inside reading. He often wears long black robes with many pockets large enough to hold a book sewn on the inside.

Background: Dynus has spent his life in Thentia. As a youth he was fascinated by the stories of the Lich-king in Vassa and the Lich Aesperus. While he did not necessary condone their actions, he was in awe of the magical power they commanded. He listened and read many stories about Selune and it was while reading about Selune's history he came across references to the kingdom of Netheril. He quickly became obsessed learning about the history of Netheril. The feats of magic, the artifacts created, the abundance of wizards tugged at Dynus' soul. reading those stories made him feel more at home than the mage guild he studied at. Even though the guild taught magic, he developed a better appreciation and understanding of it by reading about Netheril. They didn't just cast magic or use it, it was almost a part of them. He admired Karsus, not for breaking the Weave, but for having an understanding of it than exceeded any other mortal. Dynus decided to devote himself to understanding magic in the way the Netherese did.

Skills: Dynus is skilled in understanding magic, lore and history. He has some ability sneaking around and has used them to sneak into forbidden areas to study ancient magic texts.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:21 PM

Tools
User Statistics
@Pkeiter - Nice app. He sounds like a Mystic a bit, so maybe that Kit would help 'flesh' him out a bit more. Up to you though.

Now, welcome to the game. Here's the link to the forum. Go ahead and post your bio in the Approved characters thread. Then start rolling up your abilities in the Dice thread. And don't forget to pop in and say hi in the OOC thread.
Old 08-25-2018, 12:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
pkeiter pkeiter
Thanks! I'll think a little about the Mystic. Read about it. It has some aspects I like, but then again, some I don't
Old 08-25-2018, 11:40 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Yay! The new adventure/quest has a Fighter and a Wizard now!
Need 2-3 more folks.
Old 08-25-2018, 03:57 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4498
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Sorry to barge in here, but I was thinking of possibly applying. I'm not sure what kind of characters are now in the game: Are the three from a month ago (Scout, Holy Champion, Wild Mage) still in, plus the new fighter and the Wizard? There were two other apps - a fighter and a priest - further up as well, are they in too?

Not one hundred percent sure if I will apply, it depends on whether I can get excited about a character idea.