RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook
4 1 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 08-25-2018, 05:25 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6453
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
Sorry to barge in here, but I was thinking of possibly applying. I'm not sure what kind of characters are now in the game: Are the three from a month ago (Scout, Holy Champion, Wild Mage) still in, plus the new fighter and the Wizard? There were two other apps - a fighter and a priest - further up as well, are they in too?

Not one hundred percent sure if I will apply, it depends on whether I can get excited about a character idea.
Here's where we are at.

This is for a new, yet to start, adventure/quest. Only 2 players/characters are confirmed, a Wizard, and a Fighter.

The others I have either replied to in this thread, or a PM and they haven't answered back. So that leaves, 2-3 spots still open.

The others you are referring to are actually in a game as it was stated in that post. Here they are below, and this game is full and not taking anymore players/characters.

Players in "Down The Coast" Game No open slots available
PlayerCharacter NameRace of CharacterClassKit
ZagrosFolnirElfRogue/ScoutScout
ClawsomeMogueDwarfClericHoly Champion
KaylaraDelnaraGrey ElfWizardWildMage
MadripperKaneElfFighternone

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 08-25-2018 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-25-2018, 05:59 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4341
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Right, I actually missed that you were starting a second group. I was not following the thread from the start, but there it is.

I will most likely go Thief/Cleric then, either as a Gnome worshipping Baravar Cloakshadow, or as a Halfling worshipping Brandobaris. Most likely the latter, because a Brandobaris speciality priest is allowed to multiclass, the Baravar one is not.

Speaking of which, "Forgotten Realms - Demihuman Deities" is not on your list of sources. Is it something you'd possibly look at for the speciality priest kit? I would not mind too much being a generic cleric - even though the kit is neat - but it'd be good at least to lift major and minor spheres from.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:54 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
@Phettberg - I have the info on Brandobaris, so I will allow it. I don't have the book for the other. So you can do the multiclass Misadventurer/Rogue as a halfling.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:53 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4341
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Riffin TealeafName: Riffin Tealeaf
Sex: Male
Race: Halfling (Hairfoot)
Class: Cleric(Misadventurer)/Thief

Physical Description: Riffin is a very fair skinned member of the Hairfoot variety of Halflings with a freckled face that is already showing the beginning of laughlines in addition to the dimples he was born with. His wavy dirty-blond hair he rarely cuts but generally keeps tied back in a bun. His small mutton chops in turn are carefully trimmed, the only sort of facial hair he has to work with besides his bushy eyebrows that because of their colour nonetheless seem almost translucent. His large inquisitive eyes are the colour of Hazel. Riffin is of average height for a halfling, standing around three foot tall. Contrary to most of his peers he wears unassuming clothing in tones of grey and brown, their looseness covering his wiry body, leather armour when he is travelling and almost always a dirty robe with a hood.

Background:Riffin was born in a small and mostly Halfling Settlement half a day of travel away from Calaunt in the Vast, within sight of the outreaches of the Troll Mountains, the western arm of the Earthspur mountains. He was a cheeky and joyful child, fond of mischief. He never took the rules very seriously, even into adolescence, and was fond of nicking small items especially of the shiny variety. While he had always been very fond of the tales about the exploits of Brandobaris, he had never actually entertained the thought of picking up a career as a priest seeing how the people preferred to hear the stories about the clerics of Brandobaris rather than have them actually around.

As he was nimble fingers and apprenticeship in Calaunt was arranged for him in a craft that nobody in the Village was an expert at and that seemed perfect for a young man obsessed with shiny things - goldsmithing. He never even finished his first day of the apprenticeship, ditching the master craftsman to explore the seedy parts of the desolate town that was Calaunt. While the competitive and grim atmosphere repulsed him he found that he could make a lot more money by just taking things from the rich and selling them - with plenty of gold to send home to his family. This existence only lasted for a half year or so, because the local Thieves Guild, the Shadowcloaks, was not happy in the least about Riffin infringing on their territory. For fear for his life he had to "relocate" to Tantras in the south without so much of a word to his family due to the abruptness of the move.

Tantras was a strange city, yet on first glance seemed an easy enough target for his thievery. By this time he just wanted to get enough money together to fund the journey back home. But he found yet another Thieves Guild waiting to prey on him, the Greyclaws, and he could not work his "trade" for more than a week here either. Instead of moving instantly Riffin hid out with a local Halfling that was kind enough to shelter him. The man turned out to be an agent and priest for the church of misadventure, and he listened gladly to what had happened to Riffin within the last year. He thought that Riffins continued survival - even though he had acted naively and recklessly at every turn - was a blessing from Brandobaris himself. He suggested that he could smuggle Riffin to the nearby City of Ravens Bluff, where there was a sizeable church for the halfling god that could take him in - if not to educate then at least to shelter Riffin. He gladly accepted the offer.

Coming into contact with the Church of Misadventure Riffin realised that it was where he belonged. His whole life he had lived for the thrill, greedy only for excitement. He could finally get in touch with his family again, informing them of his decision to join the clergy. They did not approve exactly, but were thrilled to hear that he was alive and well.

The following years Riffin spent training as a Cleric of Brandobaris, working his way up to become a Full Priest, a Hand of Misadventure. Afterwards followed his "wandering years". He was yet swift of body and mind, and this of all churches realised he needed to be out in the world to work the will of Brandobaris. His travels lead him all around the area. He crossed the sea first to visit Sembia, later moving north through the Dales to finally arrive near Thentia. The call to investigation he answered gladly - the mystery thrilling to him.

Skills: In addition to those skills held in high regard by his order (Tumbling, Ventriloquism, Gaming and Disguise) Riffin has learned how to appraise the value of the objects he steals and how to read and write.

Alright, Application written. It's barebone stuff, I've not had time to really think about more than the biography and general appearance yet. I'll get into his personality and morals a little later, or develop them in game. Also I did not want to describe him too much physically, considering I'd want to work the attributes I roll into it a bit.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:09 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Riffin looks good. Welcome to the Campaign Phettberg!
Here's the link to the forum. Go ahead and post your bio in the Approved characters thread. Then start rolling up your abilities in the Dice thread. And don't forget to pop in and say hi in the OOC thread.

I'll begin working on the intro thread for you and the other two that have been accepted.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:35 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Need 5th player.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 08-29-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:50 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17416
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Mild correction...
Delnara is a Wildmage (wizard class), with WarWizard Kit...

Players in "Down The Coast" Game No open slots available
PlayerCharacter NameRace of CharacterClassKit
ZagrosFolnirElfRogue/ScoutScout
ClawsomeMogueDwarfClericHoly Champion
KaylaraDelnaraGrey ElfWizardWildMageWarMage
MadripperKaneElfFighternone
Old 08-29-2018, 07:52 PM

Tools
User Statistics
My bad.

Ok fellow members. We need a 5th player in the game that's getting ready to start.

Currently have two thieves, a wizard, and a warrior with the savage fighter kit.
A fighter type, or a multi-classed fighter may help this group.

This game is not, NOT, the one mentioned above.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 08-29-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:08 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Ok fellow members. We need a 5th player in the game that's getting ready to start.
Here's the group below. Please see the first post in this thread for player creation information.

A fighter type, or a multi-classed fighter may help this group.

CHARACTER
PLAYER
RACECLASS
KlevaBegon UgoHumanFighter w/Savage Kit
RiffinPhettbergHalflingCleric/Thief
DynuspkeiterHumanWizard w/Mystic Kit
OzrikOldeHobTHumanThief

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 09-01-2018 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:08 PM

Tools
User Statistics

If you are reading this, you are too close to this awesome potential for adventure and RP. Click away, or close this browser immediately or you will be sucked in to a Road Less Traveled.

Submit your application here.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 09-02-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3241
Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos
Ok, ok this thread keeps popping up and the DM is very persistent in trying to get another player.

Why not I say?

I'm thinking elven ranger...hows that work for you? I can get an application up quick.

As for 2e experience, I cut my teeth with 2e but it's been over 20 years since I played the system.

I have most of the books on PDF so I can refer to them to make the character.

Kit: I'll assume complete elves and ranger books are open? I will have to look them over to see if something catches my eye. Just your standard elf ranger with a bow, maybe Noble background of some sort to kind of make him snobbish.

<Taken the Oath>
Old 09-03-2018, 10:56 PM
Blaaargh!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5031
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
A rich snob would go great with my savage fighter diva.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:59 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargos View Post
Ok, ok this thread keeps popping up and the DM is very persistent in trying to get another player.

Why not I say?

I'm thinking elven ranger...hows that work for you? I can get an application up quick.

As for 2e experience, I cut my teeth with 2e but it's been over 20 years since I played the system.

I have most of the books on PDF so I can refer to them to make the character.

Kit: I'll assume complete elves and ranger books are open? I will have to look them over to see if something catches my eye. Just your standard elf ranger with a bow, maybe Noble background of some sort to kind of make him snobbish.
Yes, both both those books are open.
And yes, an elven ranger type would be a great asset to this band (especially if I have to steal one of the rogues to go in one of the other games that may have lost one).
The Noble background is up to you, but elves are snobbish enough in their own right most of the time so the noble background may not be necessary.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:10 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Any questions or assistance you may need Dargos, just hit me up. I'd like to see your character submission here before I point you at the game.
- D

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 09-05-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3241
Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Any questions or assistance you may need Dargos, just hit me up. I'd like to see your character submission here before I point you at the game.
- D
I'll get something typed up tonight

<Taken the Oath>