... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 02:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1903
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Character Application
right-aligned image
Name: Dain Bladewalker
Race: Hobgoblin
Class + Subclass: Fighter (Samurai)
Appearance: Not as tall as a gnoll, not as broad as an orc nor as nimble as a goblin, Dain is a creature of averages among the Waroc tribes. Powerfully built for his size, he still is lean enough to move quickly when it suits him. He has sharp, angular features and deep red skin. His goatee and swept-back hair are brown, offset by tufts of paler fur at his temples. His ears are vaguely lynx-like, tapering to long black tips at the ends.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Chosen Deity: Dain venerates all totems, but feels the most kinship with Lion and Wolf.
Background: Mercenary Veteran (SCAG)
Personality Traits:
* I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
* When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way.
Ideal: Self-Improvement. The goal of a life of conflict is the betterment of oneself.
Bond: All Waroc are my brothers and sisters. We must unite our communities if we are to take our rightful place in the world.
Flaw: I am easily distracted by the promise of a good fight.
Personality: Dain is focused and driven, but his fixations often come at the detriment of other aspects of life, such as social niceties. This can make him come across as gruff and aloof, even by the standards of the Waroc tribes.

History: The whetstone glides smoothly down the watery metal of the sword's edge. Is it steel, or some other strange alloy of elven make? Although it pains me to admit it, this is a masterfully crafted weapon, of better quality than anything I have seen our Waroc forges turn out. The sword does not actually need sharpening, barely a mark lies upon its surface. And yet, I sharpen it anyways, in a kind of ritual of meditation. I sit cross-legged on this rock and gaze into the grass at the body of the sword's previous owner. He was a young elf, arrogant like so many of his kind, fully convinced he was the equal of any Waroc. I took his challenge, took his life, and took his sword. The stone makes another pass and I reflect back on how I arrived at this place in my life.

Hobgoblin they name me. A blend of the best the Waroc has to offer: the cunning of a goblin, the tenacity of an orc, and the good looks of a gnoll. Still, in my youth, I sometimes felt disconnected from the others of my tribe. We are all one people, but I felt like I lacked the identity of a purer strain. And so I took to traveling to find myself.

Bladewalker I named myself. My feet carry me across the Iron Steppes as I move from tribe to tribe, offering my services as a warrior wherever they are needed. The half-breeds that have returned from human lands tell me they would call me a 'sellsword', but to me this is a laughable phrase. I do not do this for money. I do not fight for gold, or glory, or even for hatred or bloodlust. I fight for the thrill, the challenge of facing and overcoming your foe. There is nothing like it.

By being of all tribes and no tribe, I have learned everything that the Waroc have to offer. I have studied tactics at the elbow of Vanti Warfarer, I have raided cities alongside Kekla She-Bear, and I have fought a duel of honor against Gutwick the Pungent (I lost, but I impressed him enough that he didn't kill me). Along the way I have killed men and dwarves, watching the Wardhyr and learning from them as well. Just because they are an enemy does not mean they have no lessons to impart. Not because they are strong, but because they are weak. In their weakness they have learned to stand together in ways the Waroc still have not mastered. One tribe, under one chief. I still have not found the chief that can do this, but when I do, I will pledge myself to their service and we shall forge the Waroc into a sword with which to defeat all of our enemies.

About Me
Realistic posting rate: I try to post within 24 hours of anything that requires my attention, but I post mostly on weekdays. I can still post on most weekends, but if a new post/round went up late on Friday and I have a busy weekend, it could conceivably be three days between posts.
Previous role playing experience: I started with the red box in elementary school and have followed the various editions through to this day. I mostly play, with a few brief forays into DMing.
Number of forum games you're currently playing: I am currently in three games and have applied for a fourth.
Roleplay Sample: A couple of posts from sadly bygone games:
A missing princess.
A maid's work is never done.

Last edited by hafrogman; 06-23-2018 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:06 PM
Let the Wookie Win

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 956
chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m
Application - Complete
right-aligned image
NAME: Omrik Lindal
RACE: Halfling
CLASS: Druid

SUBCLASS: Circle of the Moon

APPEARANCE:
Omrik is tall and lean for a halfling from the Green Hills, standing three foot three inches tall, and thirty-seven pounds. His outdoors life has strengthened his back and turned his once flabby limbs taunt and sinewy. His round face is somewhat drawn, giving him a haunted look. He has curly, thick dark hair and startling icy blue eyes.

The last two fingers of his right hand were severed mid-digit when he caught them in a steel grape press on his parents' vineyard when Omrik was seven. This slight abnormality gave him difficulties later when he was learning druidic spellcasting. Before he mastered how to compensate for it, however, he mis-cast a cantrip, resulting in ingrown moss covering his right eyebrow, the right side of his forehead, and mingling with his hair over his right temple. Although Omrik has yet to figure out how to reverse the effect, he wears it as a badge of honor; refusing the flinch from the stares the disfigurement often attracts.

ALIGNMENT: Neutral
CHOSEN DEITY: Kedregan

BACKGROUND: Outlander

PERSONALITY:
Like many followers of Kedregan, Omrik can seem aloof and indifferent upon initial meeting. His chilly demeanor is actually the results of years of disciplining his mind and emotions to find equilibrium - within himself and with his environs. He chooses his words carefully, speaking seldom. He often ignores social graces and nuances in the process of establishing harmony and accountability. Therefore, when he does speak, he can seem brusque and demanding.

Witnessing the abuse of his mother at the hands of his uncle created a deep-seeded mistrust of others. Although he understands the roots of his reactions, he still struggles to genuinely rely upon others people as easily as he does upon nature (and by extension, upon Kedregan).

Versed in all forms of animal lore, he has a special place in his heart for the smaller arboreal creatures - squirrels, chipmunks, raccoons and rabbits. He is also a master beekeeper and skilled at producing a variety of artisan honeys.

HISTORY:

About Me

Last edited by chri2m; 06-28-2018 at 06:31 AM.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:51 PM
Let the Wookie Win

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 956
chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m
Would you allow Ghostwise Halflings? I haven't come across reference to them in your background materials (yet?)
Old 06-20-2018, 08:06 PM
Blaaargh!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5031
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Dark Paladin: In the advertisement you mention that you are looking for a mixed Waroc and Wardhyr group. Will these be opposing groups or will they be brought together? I'm trying to figure out Kilgore's alignment and flesh put his history a bit more and don't want to make him virulently anti-Wardhyr.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1665
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begon Ugo View Post
Dark Paladin: In the advertisement you mention that you are looking for a mixed Waroc and Wardhyr group. Will these be opposing groups or will they be brought together? I'm trying to figure out Kilgore's alignment and flesh put his history a bit more and don't want to make him virulently anti-Wardhyr.
The Wardhyr/Waroc group will be a single adventuring party. You don't have to like each other, but you will have to work together.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:18 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 982
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
My application is now complete: Akrin Velt – Also known as Jaspin Howser

Also, I just have to say that this
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafrogman View Post
...and the good looks of a gnoll.
...made me laugh out loud. Well done mate!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:18 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 555
PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab
Posting interest but I'll probably do some reading first before solidifying a character concept.

Waroc Application
right-aligned image

Name: Turrak, son of Turrhec, of the Haagl Talan
Race: Goblin
Class + Subclass: Tribal Legendteller (Grave Cleric)
Appearance: Turrak is rather scrawny, even for a goblin. He stands barely over 3 feet tall and is not as lean as his more warlike brethren. Turrak's expression is often monotone throughout moments of happiness or sadness. His visible emotions are saved for Legendtelling, when he embodies the Waroc champions of old. His usual expression can be compared to the intense, yet neutral, gaze of someone deeply considering a puzzle. During his travels through Wardhyr lands, Turrak has taken to wearing long-ish robes of simple material that, hood up, covering most of his appearance at a distant glance. Does not carry the typical (for the tribes which follow this tradition, which the Haagl Talan did) markings or piercings of a fully-fledged Legendteller.
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Chosen Deity: Snake Totem, represented by Uur the Clever
Background: Far Traveller
Personality Traits: As one who would have been Legendteller, it is my nature to speak both loudly and openly.
Ideal: Everything here is new; I have a thirst to learn.
Bond: I must find Kedregaen to thank them. Their intervention saved my life.
Flaw: I reject by word and power any insults to Spirit Earth that I come across.
Personality: Turrak was an exceedingly curious runt and remains so to this day. Apart from a few core beliefs, he is a skeptical sort, towards Wardhyr and Waroc alike. He's a gentle soul, even helping the Wardhyr that may mistreat him upon first encounter, and does his best to accept their strangeness. He does not even hold their ancestors' Betrayal and theft of Waroc lands against them, unlike many others, though it obviously was and is a terrible crime. In the end, his open and questioning nature has sent him on his personal quest, pushed along by the destruction of his tribe.
History: "Please, angry humans! Put away, your steel! I bring only peace and only seek it as well! ... Thank you. My name is Turrak. My duty at home was to tell and teach. So I will tell you why I am here. Make small your fears. Take the worry from your eyes.

It began many winters ago, when I was small. I was not only small. I was the smallest. I could not hunt well. I could not fight well. I had only my thoughts and my words. An elder, then small like me, thought I could still be useful. I was taught the Waroc legends. I was taught more words and to make beauty from them. I was given the power of Spirit Earth. However, this elder no longer bore legends for our tribe. A young Legendteller showed our tribe a new way, a different way, and the spirit-totems did not approve. Our tribe was crushed by their voice, in the shape of a weirdbeast. Yet I am still alive. Why? One of the ones you call a god appeared. It spoke to the totems and traded for my life. The weirdbeast left and so did your 'god.' I wander now. I look for Kedregaen, the Wanderer, to offer thanks for their deed."

Wardhyr Application
right-aligned image

Name: Foralvic Steelhoof
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class + Subclass: Barbarian (Battlerager)
Appearance: Besides Foralvic's dense, rippling musculature, his frame is fairly normal for a dwarf. The brown strands on the top and sides of his head, upon closer inspection, do not perfectly match the color of his beard as they are not actually composed of hair. Instead, they are formations of metal wires set into his head. By official mandate, Foralvic does not wear his unique armor very often. His normal clothes consist of a pair of pants and a unique article of clothing that only covers his torso, leaving his arms entirely bare. In the areas where his skin is visible, the ruddy complexion of the skin is covered in random patterns of scar tissue that are small and numerous enough to not seem like anything "normal" (claws, bites, blades, or large pointed bits of metal).
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Chosen Deity: Velar, god of fire, strength, and valor
Background: Soldier
Personality Traits: A) Dude, my arms are ****ing massive. I bet I could lift you and your buddy all the way over my head.
B) Even in battle, you probably won't catch me being serious.
Ideal: Life is good, it's time to fight, Glory to Velar!
Bond: When we fight next to each other, you totally have my deepest respect.
Flaw: Haters say I'm mule-brained, casually racist/culturalist (the **** does that even mean?), and I get wild when drunk. But... the last one's pretty much a compliment, so...?
Personality: It's ****.
History: Foralvic always loved to kick in faces. That's why he joined the Shredders of Kharad Delos, to do just that. He trained up and fought a whole bunch of dirty, shitty kobolds on the border of the Azhar-Dahl. This got a bit boring for him after a while, though, so, when one of his buddies' buddies came back from leave on a trip to Arcist, he decided he should go too. Maybe he'd get the chance to see Velar. Foralvic always thought he was the coolest god, not that he payed too much attention to religious lessons even when they were talking about Velar. Having decided that, he had a couple big "accidents" and was eventually discharged for incompetence with only the armor hugging his many muscles as an indication that he was ever a Shredder. He traveled to Arcist, fell in love with the city, and decided to become a man-at-arms there. Which was cool, getting paid to sit around, spar, and take down the occasional badass threat to the city. Then, somehow, he met a bunch of losers and decided to go adventuring with them.

About MeRealistic posting rate: Up to daily.
Previous role-playing experience: Around 7 years of on-and-off experience through a variety of systems, primarily D&D, primarily 5e. I recently started to get into PBP, after moving cities and growing tired of the impersonal lack of heart that often comes with Adventurer's League games. Out of the 4 core PBP roleplay elements you identified, I tend to consciously avoid using the MOTIVE element as it's not something I would be providing if I were playing at a table in-person. Furthermore, I have found that many posts with stronger MOTIVE elements tend to lean a bit more self-centered/self-interested and I prefer to keep the focus on the party/our collective actions, to involve others. Therefore, the HOOK and ACTION elements are my primary workhorses. However, I can easily adjust for the preferences of this campaign and share more of the inner thoughts/feelings of my characters.
Number of forum games you're currently playing: Three games, though I am able to withdraw from the latest if it poses a problem for acceptance. It hasn't really started and has an excessive amount of players+parallel groups, such that my character would not be missed in the slightest.
Roleplay Sample: While I prefer writing in present tense, I can do past tense as well. Here's an example of dialogue rather than monologue.

Last edited by PeasOfCrab; 07-06-2018 at 02:39 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:21 AM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6481
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Kayne
left-aligned image
Kayne Cyire
Name: Kayne Cyire (Sigh-Err)
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Warlock (Hexblade Pact) Lvl 1 / Paladin Lvl 2
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Chosen Deity: Darwyth

Appearance
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Wt: 210 lbs Ht: 6'1”
Sex: Male
Kayne has long, straight and flowing black hair. He often uses this length to obscure his slightly pointed ears so that he can pass, at least on first glance, as a human. He is above average height, at 6 feet 1 inch, and is of average, but wiry build, at 210 lbs. His build is more like that of a trained dancer than a warrior lithe and quick in form, but strength in upper body and legs for movement and speed. He dresses in browns and blacks, appropriate for travelling in darkened and worn areas of the world, a life of travel rather than decadence and luxury.

Background: Knight of the Order (Order of the Dusk)
Personality Traits: I’m always polite and respectful, as anything else would visit too much scrutiny. I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success, and leaves little room for others to question my loyalty.
Ideal: Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others, even if they cannot accept who you are.
Bond: My mentor saved my life on the battlefield at the cost of her own. To this day, I will never leave a friend behind.
Flaw: I’d rather eat my armor than admit when I’m wrong.

Personality: Kayne is in a tough spot. As a half-elf he’s not welcomed anywhere, merely tolerated. He has constantly oscillating between misfortune and luck throughout his life. This has left Kayne to feel as though he should count his blessings, and try to pass on whatever good will he can so that other’s lives may be improved more than his. In the face of almost constant adversity, he maintains his focus inward, to bettering himself, and believing in his own truth despite the challenging reality he faces outwards. He doesn’t ignore the reality of the world, he just chooses to try and rise above it. Some days he does this better than others. He believes in being more open to others, a reaction to the isolation he’s felt from being closed off, involuntarily, from the world.

History:

About Me
Realistic Posting Rate:I usually post while I’m at work, but I’m checking the site every day a number of times. I should be able to post about 3 times a week if there’s enough content to do so reasonably without it feeling like a short update of a few lines.
Previous Roleplaying Experience: I started D&D in 4e with some friends, and I’ve been playing 5e in PbP format only (hard to meet regularly in a group with my job). I’ve been playing it for… 7 or 8 years now?
Number of Forum Games you’re currently playing:
DM: Scales of War 5e | Yeohven: Fall From Grace
PC: Tyranny of Dragons | The Curse of Strahd | Tomb of Annihilation | Legends of the Forgotten Earth
While it may seem like a lot, a majority of those games move at about 1 post a week at max. The games I DM vary, but I run a pretty organized campaign so they don’t interfere much with my other gaming. I don’t think it’ll be a problem, but I can address concerns if you have any.
Roleplay Samples: Legends of the Forgotten Earth | Tyranny of Dragons | The Curse of Strahd

Last edited by MontageManiac; 06-22-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1091
AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP
Application
Name: WIP
Race: human
Class: cleric (Quisit Summoner)
Appearance: WIP
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Deity: none/all
Background: WIP
Personality traits: WIP
Ideal: WIP
Bond: WIP
Flaw: WIP
History: WIP

Personal information:
Realistic posting rate: an average of 3 posts a week, more if the game is active; however, if life gets busy, it may drop to 2
Previous role-playing experience: I started role-playing in March of this year. I have completed my NPSG, as well as been in a game until just a month ago when the DM had an accident and the game fell on indefinite hiatus. I am also a participant in the City of Endless Arenas. So far, I have only played DnD 5e.
Number of forum games you're currently playing: 1 game currently active(CoEA), 1 game on indefinite hiatus, and 1 pending application elsewhere
Roleplay Sample: Out of combat interaction and in combat

Last edited by AlphaP; 06-22-2018 at 12:31 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:07 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 245
Aladdin Aladdin Aladdin
Application - PeltbrandName: Peltbrand Laughshield
Race: Gnome
Class: Wavewalker Cleric (Tempest)
Alignment: Neutral
Deity: Hala

Appearance:
Peltbrand is a mixed race gnome; a halfling mother and dwarves father. As such he is tall and broad for a gnome, standing at almost 3'4" and 44lbs, with dark, walnut coloured skin and dark blonde, almost mousey hair. Bright green eyes, always alive with thoughts, Peltbrand's wide smile shows he enjoys care free adventures and harmless fun. He ties his long hair and beard into a braid, similar to dwarven style, but his moustache roams free across his face.

Background: Sailor
Traits: I stretch the truth for the sake of a good story
Ideal: I'm committed to my crew mates, not to ideals
Bond: I'll always remember my first ship
Flaw: I'll say anything to avoid extra work
Personality: Peltbrand was raised among halfling family with his mother and as such the lighthearted nature of halflings took root.
History: Peltbrand was born to a halfling mother, a sailor out of Port Navos. His father, a dwarf was never seen, a dalliance that was over before Peltbrand was even born. Peltbrand was born whilst their ship was at Sea and was blessed by a Priest of Hala, who saw Peltbrand's birth as a good omen.

The journey was Peltbrand's first but by no means his last. Peltbrand spent years on the same ship, learning to sail and live on the sea. The ship and crew enjoyed a lucky run, prospering with either fishing runs or trade voyages. However journeys always seemed to be rougher or encounter more trouble when Peltbrand was not aboard. Suspicious by nature, the crew always insisted that Peltbrand was a lucky charm and that Hala favoured him when he sailed. Sailing taught him many skills, whilst the dangers that came with it taught him to look after himself and the crew.

Whilst sailing, Peltbrand's mother died, age and disease catching her at sea. Buried at sea, the day of her funeral Peltbrand felt a presence he had never felt before. The warmth of it out on the cold sea gave him guidance but he did not trust this new presence and did everything he could to ignore it. The next week of the voyage was racked with storms and pirate raids. Three of the crew died and the cargo they were shipping was lost to the sea. Again the presence returned to Peltbrand. This time it spoke. It offered guidance, shelter and protection if Peltbrand only offered himself to it. Suspiciously and reluctantly, Peltbrand did as it asked; prostrating himself.

The storms above them broke and two days later Peltbrand and the crew sailed into port. Peltbrand chalked the whole experience up to grief and bad luck. But over the next year the presence returned. Every time it made the same offer; guidance and power in exchange for whatever it needed. Sometimes it would ask for prostration, other times action. Always, Peltbrand ignored the presence, but always he suffered. Or worse, the crew and ship suffered. And Peltbrand would relent.

This carried on over the next six years. Faith in exchange for power. Peltbrand grew tired of putting the crew of The Fishing Spear at risk and left the ship. He moved around, taking on what work he could, rarely returning to the sea, and only then when it was necessary. He was forced to accept the power the presence gave him, but resented what he had to do for it. Sometimes it would make him seem out those in need, other times it would have him search for trouble. Always Peltbrand went reluctantly, no longer in control of his fate.

Whilst travelling, Peltbrand ran into a Wavewalker, who proclaimed him touched by the goddess of the sea. Peltbrand assumed he meant the blessing he had received at birth. However the priest proclaimed that Hala walked with Peltbrand, guiding his path. Peltbrand tried to ignore it, continue on his path but every time the presence came to him, he felt it. He felt the power and knew it was the goddess, Hala. But still it forced him to act. Took control of his life. So Peltbrand continued, searching for his own life, fighting the whims of the goddess as he did so.

About MePosting Rate: 3 times a week. Possibly more depending on work.
Previous RPG experience: Only tabletop I've ever played was 5e and 3.5. Played some Obsidian Fleet too. Most of my PbP is here on though.
Number of games in progress: 1 other as a player.
RP Samples: Lost Mines of Phandelver

Haven't found a picture I'm happy with yet but soon as i do I'll add it to my app. Otherwise i think I'm happy with it now.

Last edited by Aladdin; 07-04-2018 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:01 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6481
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
FYI: Post has been updated with some changes here.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin
I believe I have responded to everyone asking for comments. Best is to PM me or write in secret text in a new post here.

Thanks for all the interest so far! I will see how the next week goes, but given the steady stream of interest I will probably move the app deadline up so we can get into action sooner.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
IMPORTANT.

I have updated the Maccinor description to include some additional information. I want it to be clear the Maccinor are not the plucky rebels of Star Wars or Browncoats from Firefly. They are extremists who subscribe to terrorist strategies and use long-term deep cover operatives. They assassinate. They kill innocents and justify it as collateral damage for their ends. While their philosophy may be idealistic, they are not largely comprised of heroic figures. Their ranks are made up of just as many malcontents and people with just as much evil in their hearts as a Quisit Summoner.

The Wardhyr are not, in anyway, inherently tyrannical or evil. The Church is a huge piece of society, but it is also the dominant reason why dragons and elves do not rule the land, why a sick child does not die in its crib, and why society can exist in relative peace for hundreds of years at a time. Remember, unlike pretty much every other fantasy or historical setting--there has *never* been outright war between the Wardhyr adherents. Firespeakers have never clashed with Gonduthons on the field of battle, dwarves and gnomes and humans and halflings have been at peace with one another for 1500 years. The Waroc and Elves are different threats and entirely different cultures. Even when Fenhrial was exiled no civil war emerged. The Church of the Wardhyr has accomplished what very few other organizations have (in parallel universes) relative harmony and peace within one society for many centuries.

Quote:
Maccinor
The Maccinor are an odd order, with a historical mandate and an uncertain future. They are trained as “secret wizards,” charged with helping humanity to throw off the shackles of the Wardhyr pantheon. Maccinor train in numerous areas so as to infiltrate all reaches of human society on Haryn. They are less reliant on the books and libraries required by the Phaedsahyn, but their innate access to magic—at times in exchange for the steep price to some other worldly powers.

The Maccinor are a secret order of human wizards, founded by Phaedashyn arch-mage Pacel Maccinor during the years immediately following the Khestran wars. Maccinor believed that humanity’s dependence on the Wardhyr clergy would ultimately prove to be a fatal flaw if the mortal gods ever turned against mankind or again decided to withdraw their favor. Maccinor further understood that if the Church ever learned of the order’s existence it would not rest until it was destroyed. For that reason, secrecy has always been of the utmost importance to all Maccinor. The order is organized in a number of cells. No one but the top three or four members in the order knows how many cells there are or where they are located, and initiate members will know nothing other than the name of their teacher, who is their sole contact within the order. As Maccinor progress they are given more important and difficult tasks to accomplish, and as they prove their loyalty they are gradually given more information about their fellows. All Maccinor are trained in a broad range of skills and practices so that they may infiltrate all areas of human society and operate effectively for long periods without the use of magic. Yet Maccinor do not let their magical abilities lie dormant for long, for indeed that is the true nature of their power. Maccinor magic is no less potent than that of the Phaedashyn. Though the secret wizards stay clear of that order’s schools, where many powerful Phaedashyn with advanced divination abilities are to be found, they often associate with Phaedashyn to discuss magical theory, share spells, and in every other way act as peers, with no hint of their true purpose. Because of their multi-faceted nature, Maccinor wizards are truly powerful. But secrecy exacts a heavy cost on those who must toil under its weight, and the order cannot afford to allow those who falter in their duties to survive for long.

The Maccinor are not a noble group of idealists seeking to better humanity. Although they believe independence from the Wardhyr will be the greater good, they operate in the same fashion as a terrorist organization, separated into divisive cells where long term sleeper cell operatives lurk. The Maccinors value their secrecy above essentially all else. They know any road to their collective goal is long, so would rather have discreet members than those who are powerful with flashy powers. The Maccinors are often just as brutal as the Quisit Summoners--although they preach lofty ideals, they have carried out assassinations and caused collateral damage to innocents (largely covered)--all in the sake of power. The Maccinors may have a philosophy that some can subscribe too, the question is whether the movement will lose its collective soul in the pursuit.

In game mechanics, the Maccinor are able to access a wide variety of quasi magical classes, including Eldritch Knights, Arcane Archers, Arcane Tricksters, and Warlocks.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:21 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3076
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
Oslov
Name : Oslov Dubenec

Race : Human

Class : Bard : Glamour College

Appearance : I'm not a pretty man or dainty, which I imagine doesn't fit the expectation. I'm rugged and a hairy lout. Nose leaning to the right and a half crescent scar just above my left eye. I've a crooked tooth in front, on top. It's turned a bit on edge and the tip has been broken off. Being a performer isn't always easy and I do not tolerate hecklers. Hence the scar and the broken tooth. My hands are large and I've thicker fingers than most. But they fly across the thin fret-board of my lute with more alacrity than seemingly possible given their girth. They're nearly as fast with buttons, or laces, locks, and coins. My voice is oddly disentangled from my appearance. It seems to float from my lips. A smooth tenor with rounded edges capable of both honeyed balads or a crisp diatribe that is incongruous with both scar and chipped tooth. The fey may have made a misjudgment concerning my eventual looks when I was but a child, but they didn't fail in judging the sound of me. Under it, I am transformed. A kingly man who steals one's eyes, strikes one fantastic with the very sight of my smile. The color of my eyes lost amid the blinding majesty of what I appear to be. A song within a song. Magical and sublime. Unless..........my voice turns you over and skewers you under the weight of dissatisfaction and my visage darkens into a thing of dreadful beauty.

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Chosen Deity : Darwyth (I considered a Fey/Elvin diety due to his background but did not see any listed)

Background :
Criminal

Traits : I don't pay attention to the risk. Don't tell me the odds.
Bond : Something important was taken from me and I am to steal it back.
Flaw : If there's a plan, I'll forget it. If I don't forget it, I'll ignore it.

Personality :
Open, singing, warm depending on the flow of wine and beer, the applause, or the company. Challenging of continence. Sharp of tongue and wit even when things are left best unsaid. Having the last word isn't as important as having the best word regardless of the trouble it may bring. Defiant in a brawl, yet displaying camaraderie and understanding once the punches have stopped. Carousing, large, and assuming. And able to shift into something grander than expected. Full of song, barbs, distraction, and keen observation of other's lives. "Your eyes and ears may not be mine now, but I'll have them by the end of the night."

History :

The fey made a mistake. But I don't blame them. I was a beautiful child with a perfect face and hair the color of gold. How could they know I'd grow up into an ugly lout, covered in hair, and with a wild disposition. I can imagine their faces and noses turned up as they party in the deepening night. Their smiles and gaiety momentarily scowled by the memory of me and that mistake. People say never to accept a Fey gift else they own your soul. But offering one to a child was a mistake. And stealing choice from me even worse. I'll find them and it one of these days. I'll sing it out of them and make their strange eyes glitter under my song. My momma always said the Fey gave me words and a voice to calm a snarling wolf, flutter a woman's heart, or melt snow. How'd I know the risks of it then, in that small green clearing, beneath a glittering dark sky full of stars and gods. I remember their eyes and the scattered touch of their eclectic harmonies. Bent and warped, but familiar in a deep way indescribable. As if I dreamt it all while sleeping.

Yet, at the gate of Cyra Myrdan, barely 16, I stood rejected and disregarded simply because of my birth. Despondent, that discordant Fey melody rose up from my lips from some forgotten place and clambered at the shut door of the college and the stout refusing walls. Rose over the edge of them to spill into the interior until a Maestro reopened the gate and stood listening as the night came upon us.

'Boy,' he said. 'Where did you learn such a song?'

But I did not answer and keep singing. The darkness of night gathering around us thick and wary. The trees and grasses silent, waiting.

'Boy,' he said again, his voice steely. 'Quit an I'll let you in. For yourself. For me. Quit such a melody.'

And that's how I first used that invisible mark the Fey had stitched into my voice and soul. How I became a Bard in the second sense. And how I eventually learned of what they stole from me. The manner of that torment is unnecessarily to speak of. What I did? Whom I know? The black places and questionable people I am acquainted with. How the memory of a dark glade made a criminal out of me and how I found myself out of that night.

I will sing until my voice is hoarse to find them. And then give them a gift in return.

About Me

Posting rate - I can easily handle 3 a week. I work about four days a week.
Previous RP Experience - I've played off and on since the late 70's. A lot of off, speckled with on.
Number of Games in now - 0

RP Sample - Unfortunately the recent games I have been in have died pretty quick. 2-3 weeks I think tops. Anyway, I joined a game of another system and ran a blind pirate alchemist who could use the dead eyes of things to see. The game had promise but died when the player caste in the role of the Captain dropped. Here are two posts involving Whetu. The context may be off, but it's probably enough to get a sense of RP for a sample. He is initially imprisoned and walking to his hanging having smeared together a concoction while in his dank cell as a last ditch effort to save himself and the other pirates. The impromptu alchemist concoction unexpectedly turns him into a rat. He looses his tail in the coming melee and is uncertain how that will translate when he returns to his normal shape. With him is the body of his old Captain, Calamity Red, whom he lost to authorities some time ago and who must suffer a sentence of numerous executions.

Question : I used the Glamour College for Oslov which mentions Fey. Although, I understand this may not fit within the framework of your world. I just didn't really know how to modify and create the same idea/effect. If it doesn't fit, any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bard1.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	77012  

Last edited by GeneT; 06-23-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:41 AM
All Hail The Glow Cloud

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1387
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
More or less done, just need to come up with an RP Sample.

Application - Brand Greymane
Name: Brand Greymane
Race: Human Variant
Class: Fighter - Cavalier
Alignment: Lawful Good
Deity: Kedregaen
Appearance:

Personality:

Background: Myrdon's Cavalryman
Traits: I am fearless. I possess a steel mind and an iron will.
Ideal: Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others.
Bond: My honor is my life.
Flaw: Joining the Cavalry was my life's dream; any who insult it will apologize or duel me.
History:

About MePosting Rate: Two to three times a week.
Previous RPG experience: I've been playing D&D5e religiously for about three years now.
Number of forum games in progress: I'm active in four games here on the site, all 5e, and I'm currently DMing a game of Storm King's Thunder.
RP Samples: I have tons of experience on the site, but I'll probably write on anyway. I'm thinking about a scene from the match that earned him his spot in the Cavalry.

Last edited by ParzivalFair; 06-23-2018 at 12:42 AM.