Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 982
StoneSung StoneSung StoneSung StoneSung StoneSung StoneSung StoneSung StoneSung
WIP
Altan Tsusnum

The Bloody UnifierName: Altan Tsusnum
Race: Hobgoblin
Class: Fighter-Warlord(Purple Dragonknight Archetype)
Background: Outlander
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Temperament of a Leader
Traits: "Patience a virtue I keep, and I dole it out to all I speak to. However, those who test it again and again shall feel feel the wrath of a Warlord."
"I do my best to not allow my emotions to get the better of me, though sometimes the blackest rage or deepest sadness does overtake me."
Ideals: "Divided we are taken by the wolves in the night. United we become the wolf that takes in the night."
"Life is much like the everchanging seasons. To survive we must change with it, or be cast aside as nothing in the march of time."
Bonds: "My tribe is the Waroc, no matter if the many tribes think otherwise. I shall see that my tribe shall grow and finally come under one banner; mine."
"Those who fight beside me, and those who call me tribe mate are those worth fighting for."
Flaws: "Those who are too weak to survive can expect no kindness from me. The united Waroc I see has no place for those like that."
"I never forgive and I never shall forget. Those that wrong me can expect a retribution of steel and flame, that is the promise of Warlord Altan."

Mind of a ConquererPersonality: As hard as stone, as sharp as steel, and as everchanging as the seasons. These are ways to describe Altan, as well as the philosophy he holds. His philosopghy is to be ever-moving towards becoming a true Warlord amongst the Waroc. To be as hard as stone Altan does not let his emotions define him, causing him to come off as gruff and course. He is as unyielding as stone as well, making his points heard and never backing down or compromising in anyway that would hurt his vision.

"Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Last edited by StoneSung; 06-26-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:36 PM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3061
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
If you've got the time on top of setting up the game and digging through all the stellar apps that have already been posted, I'd love some feedback on the character. Thanks!

Old 06-24-2018, 05:15 PM
Blaaargh!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5031
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Updated my application!
Old 06-24-2018, 10:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1665
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin
Updated Application Deadline to Midnight (PST) on Friday, July 6.

With so many quality applications no reason to push back another 10 days.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:28 AM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6481
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Oh my, 2 weeks of suspense!
Old 06-25-2018, 01:04 AM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1563
JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid
Posting interest, working on it ASAP
Old 06-25-2018, 02:28 AM
The Jovial Adventurer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1819
Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser
A Righteous Warrior
right-aligned image
Bran Marreman
Race: Human
Class: Paladin of Devotion
Background: Knight of the Order (Order of the Chalice)

Appearance: While Bran once stood with a humbleness to him, he now stands tall. In his years of travel and training he has gained a hint of pride that is noticeable in his stance and the charisma of a man with a goal. His sense of fashion has not improved however. Bran still wears simple clothes, rugged from travel and bound with leather and ornamentation. Underneath lays a warrior's chain and a body well-muscled from a life of labor and training that hasn't been often to break for book learning.

When speaking, Bran's voice is noticeably controlled and tinged with a Vorsevrenian accent. He has a tendency to speak with his hands when riled up.

Chosen Deity: Bran worships all the Wardhyr gods equally, believing he must find his true god in time, alike his mentor.

Personality Traits: I act with warmth and respect to all men, be they lord or waif. I hold a love for life and enjoy experiencing the wonders of both man and nature.

Ideal: It is a paladin's duty to lay down his life in the defense of others.

Bond: My word is my bond, I shall never break it.

Flaw: I obey the law, even if the law causes misery, and will not lie, cheat or steal, regardless of the situation.

Personality: Bran is a cautious yet welcoming man who struggles to follow his mind over his heart. While he sees himself as mature and capable, Bran lacks the wisdom of those who have guided him and acts mostly on instinctual knowledge and his sense of right. Curiously, despite his ability with the blade, he tends shy away it; even when it seems the most reasonable way to solve a problem.

About AnthrueserRealistic Posting Rate: 3 in-character posts per week.

RPG Experience: I've played a good many games on RPGX, mostly being D&D 5e, and have played as DM and Player for a handful of offline games. Started the hobby about two years ago.

Current Forum Games: I'm currently playing a game of Blades in the Dark and Tomb of Annihilation.

Writing Sample: I enjoy this one.

Last edited by Anthrueser; 07-05-2018 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2266
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPaladin View Post
Updated Application Deadline to Midnight (PST) on Friday, July 6.

With so many quality applications no reason to push back another 10 days.
I gotta typie typie now.

Been reading though the material, trying to get a pulse on goblins. I was gonna play up Savage upbringing but orcs and goblins seem far more complex in this game. Do you have any reading suggestions.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotha View Post
I gotta typie typie now.

Been reading though the material, trying to get a pulse on goblins. I was gonna play up Savage upbringing but orcs and goblins seem far more complex in this game. Do you have any reading suggestions.
Waroc are more akin to Native Americans than the traditional fantasy savages. Honor and the tribal bond is more important to the Waroc than most else. They venerate ancestors, spirit animals, and the Spirit Earth. Most Waroc tribespeople live simple lives--they handled animals, raise children, prepare meals, skin animals, etc. The warrior culture is second only to the shamanistic culture. Must leaders tend to the best warrior or the wisest shaman, or some combination thereof. Although humans view them as bloodthirsty marauders, the average Waroc is no more warlike than the Waroc exist in a barter economy (they do not use gold coins). Smart Waroc leadership will trade leather goods and materials captured in raids for things the Waroc cannot make themselves--steel and metalworkings and other man-made tools. While most Waroc are nomadic and move across the various plains and hills of Haryn, some have established permanent settlements, likely along the coast or small wooded locations far from cities.

They are dominated (in number and leadership) by those of Orc blood. Ogres and Ogrillons (ogre/orc hybrids) are strong, but rare and stupid. Gnolls are esteemed hunters, but tend to be a bit vicious for the majority's case. Goblins tend to be the "lowest" rung of most Waroc circles due to their size and lack of imposing physical strength, but tend to be the cleverest among the Waroc, and make excellent rogues, rangers, archers, and other classes. Hobgoblins and Half-Waroc are relatively uncommon, but tend to rise to important positions, as they combine the smarts and insight of their goblin/human parentage with the superior brute force of their orcish line.

Specifically in the case of goblins, they are not the skittering cowards we are used to seeing (although some certainly are). They are more often used as light skirmishers in battle, forward scouts, they might sneak into a village and begin fires to sow chaos for when the warriors emerge.

If you have gotten a chance to read about the twelve totems then you should have a strong foundation on what the Waroc find important. The Waroc tell an oral history and the tribes are splintered, with each tribe generally venerating one specific totem over another. Some tribes may be small, with only 50-75 members total, while the largest may be several hundred. Some tribes will be made almost entirely of orcish blood with a few minorities, others diverse populations, while some may be entirely goblin with a few others.

Gotha, I will send you a PM with some additional info.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Another good example of Waroc would be large parts of the Dothraki from Game of Thrones.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I think I have touched base with everyone who has applied or has asked for feedback. If you have any other questions or would like comments on your application, please feel free to post or PM me.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:05 PM
Blink and you'll miss it.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5888
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Application - Review
left-aligned image
Name: Melisende
Race: Human
Class: Lifegiver
Alignment: Neutral Good
Deity: Ahlya

Appearance: Melisende is of medium height, and medium build. She's conventionally pretty, though much of that comes from her bearing, a regal demeanor that comes from her upper class upbringing. Her eyes always seem to be searching, trying to find some deeper meaning in everything she sees. Her movements are patient and methodical, though not necessarily slow. When she speaks, her voice is confident, but soft, and never seems to be spoken in anger.

Personality: As one of the middle children in a large, wealthy house, Melisende learned to be more of a supporter than a leader. While older, or bolder, children fought and jockeyed for position, Melisende was the Peacekeeper among her siblings, soothing hurt feelings, mending relationships, and bringing everyone back to the table. It was a natural choice for her to join the Church of Ahlya, especially since there would be little in the way of fortune or power left for her once her older brothers and sisters inherited. That was fine with Melisende, as she had no desire for either. She gave her life to service, giving back to the people as a way of balancing the scales and improving the lot of mankind.

She's patient, and probably a bit sheltered and naive, but kind and generous of spirit. She acknowledges that there is violence and death, but also believes that there is room for mercy and healing once the fighting is done. She's never truly had to struggle for anything, which she feels a bit guilty about. Whether or not she'll display steel resolve under the silk covering once she does know struggle remains to be seen.

Background: Acolyte
Traits: I've spent so long in the temple that I have little practical experience dealing with people in the outside world.
Ideal: Charity. I always try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost.
Bond: I will face any challenge to win the approval of my family.
Flaw: I follow orders, even if I think they're wrong.

History: Melisende was born in the northern part of the Central Plains, just south of the Green Hills, near the Istven River. Her House originated as a merchant family, making their fortune shipping and trading the wines of the Green Hills to other areas of Haryn. They are still technically a merchant family, though now wealthy and powerful enough to dabble more in politics than trade.

When she came of age, she was sent to Erethambria to study at the Temple of Ahlya. There she worked and studied, wandering the splendor of the city, and visiting the cool breezes of Ereth Lake as she learned the craft of healing, and of clerical study and prayer. Though there was little open sign of suffering in the carefully monitored and controlled city, she was one of many tasked with ensuring things stayed that way. She also occasionally traveled with a church group to other villages and towns less fortunate, easing burdens where they found them. She spent countless hours working in the medical center, at first practicing the healing and herbalism learned in classes, and eventually plying spells to cure minor ailments and injuries.

Melisende was never the type to desire great fame or notable deeds. She was quite content to serve in her own humble way, healing as much as she could, and contributing to the greater good. Though she enjoyed travel, she found the foreign sights as interesting as she would find a new painting, or a well-designed building. To her, it was all evidence of Ahlya’s blessing, and she was quite happy where she was.

Little did she realize, things were about to change…

About Me
Posting Rate: Multiple times/day
Previous RPG experience: 5e, a little Pathfinder and Shadowrun, online RP
Number of games in progress: Six or seven active, all as a player.
RP Samples: Shadowrun, 5e

Last edited by The Rat Queen; 06-26-2018 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:51 PM
Court Jester

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8252
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
I find this all curious, and as such I must investigate. Gave a cursory glance at your stuff. Think I'm going to read it all, and then try to make a Paladin. It's too bad there are the Oath restrictions, I hear the dark paladins are pretty cool...
Old 06-26-2018, 07:55 PM
dilige et quod vis fac

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8103
ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb
Lunn Bonerattle

right-aligned image
Race: Goblin
Class: Barbarian, Path of the Ancestral Guardian

Appearance: Lunn is so slim and wiry that his grey frame appears to have been whittled from bleached hardwood. This illusion is made all the more convincing by the patchwork of scars which cover his exposed skin, and by the numerous tattoos which occupy the gaps between. Most prominent of these markings is a mighty serpent, which runs from the back of his left hand to the right across his shoulders. When Lunn clasps his hands together in his lap, as he is wont to in repose, the impression given is of the great snake eating its own tail. Lunn disdains armour of all sorts, trusting to his quickness and cunning to preserve him in battle. His one concession toward protection is a small round shield covered by the scales of the snake which tried and failed to consume the infant goblin in his swaddling. For weaponry he bears a slim sword, gently curved, which he names Fang, and a recurved bow of layered wood and horn. Lunn also bears the scrimshawed bones of his ancestors at all times. Some of these are pierced through his pointed ears, and others he keeps in a pouch at his waist, ready to consult in times of need.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Chosen Deity Totem: Uur the Clever
Background: Uthgardt If I could swap athletics for acrobatics that'd be dandy. Waroc Tribe Member
  • Trait: I’m driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
  • Trait: I watch over my friends as if they were a litter of newborn pups.
  • Ideal: If I dishonor myself, I dishonor my whole clan.
  • Bond: My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.
  • Flaw: I am slow to trust members of other races, tribes, and societies.
Personality: Lunn has listened well all his life to the lessons of the Legendtellers. As a result he bears a great burden of mistrust toward any and all who do not hail from the Waroc. To those few that have earned such from him though, he behaves as though they were full-blooded members of the tribes. Lunn believes himself to bear the spirits of his ancestors in the bones he carries, as a result he is ever-conscious of any potential slight or dishonour upon their legacy. He is also curious, and is driven to see the distant locations spoken of by the Legendtellers. The lessons of the past, glory and betrayal, are things which Lunn believes can only be known when one has felt the truth of the soil of those grounds beneath his soles.

History: When Lunn was little more than a babe, barely after he had taken his first teetering steps, a great serpent slipped into the tent in which he lay swaddled during the night. The child did not cry out in fear at this intrusion, instead tumbling and playing amid the grasping coils of the predator as though it were the most natural thing in the world to do so. When his parents checked upon him with the sun's rising, they cried out in such surprise as to wake the entire encampment. The babe, Lunn, lay upon the serpent as though it were a crib fashioned for his comfort, rather than a wild and hungry thing. The snake had tied itself into impotent knots in its attempts to catch the child, and now was entirely helpless beneath him. In his surprise, Lunn's father snatched up his spear and smote the snake through its crown, pinning it to the floor. The serpent's blood anointed the infant then, and he laughed as he tasted of its coppery life-font. When they had calmed enough, Lunn's parents consulted the shaman, and were overjoyed to hear the event pronounced a fortuitous sign. The serpent was skinned, and once dry its scales became first a blanket for the infant, and then the cover of his shield when he grew large enough to bear one.

As he grew, Lunn developed into a fierce and cunning warrior. His stature meant that he could not match those born of mightier blood for sheer strength, but his quickness and cleverness allowed him to compensate for this lack. Naked but for a shield in one hand, and a sliver of steel in the other, Lunn was a dervish in battle. The events of his childhood had already endowed the young warrior with something of a reputation, and his obvious talents as a fighter cemented this. He took Uur the Clever as his totem early, as the obvious choice really. The serpent had chosen him, Lunn believed, and it would be the greatest of follies to spurn the will of the spirits.

In time he was rewarded for his faith in the correctness of his ancestors' decision. When the blood-mist dropped its red veil over his gaze, and the feral battle dance took hold of his limbs, Lunn found that the spirits themselves would answer him. They were invisible to all but himself, and so he remained silent on their manifestation, lest it be taken as an ill omen. These spirits of his forebears could be directed though. Lunn found that should he request the spectral host aid his companions, they would do so. The bones did not yet speak, but he could sense the truth of their nearness at all times.

Certainly, he was among the blessed, Lunn knew this for a fact.

About BBRealistic posting rate: I try and keep up, but life has a habit of getting in the way. I also don't like posting what I consider to be "throwaway posts." When I sit down to write I like to make sure it's worth my time, and worth the time of anyone bothering to read what I post. I'm currently working on finalising a thesis for an October submission date. This will affect my posting, but hopefully not too much at this late stage.
Previous role playing experience: Site member for going on ten years now. First introduction to D&D was through the old Infinity Engine cRPGs. First introduction to tabletop was with 3.5e around 2002-3. I've tried A LOT of systems since then.
Number of forum games you're currently playing: I am GM-ing one game and playing in three others currently. I also have a couple of NPSGs on the go.

Roleplay Sample:

Last edited by ByronBulb; 07-01-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:39 PM
Blink and you'll miss it.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5888
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
UpdateApplication is complete and ready for review!