... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 06-27-2018, 04:59 PM
Court Jester

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8252
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
right-aligned image

Name: Constance Wintersborne
Race: Human
Class + Subclass: Oath of Vengeance Paladin - Initiate of the Order of the Dusk

Appearance
Originally being spotted all of those years ago thanks to her fiery red locks, Constance grew into quite the impressive woman. Standing a mere five and a half feet tall, the woman appears small, lithe, but isn't in anyway weak. Her strength is deceptive. One would not think the woman capable of carrying, let along wielding, the massive glaive she straps to her back as she marches from village to village. Clad in steel armor, the most threatening thing about the woman is her glare. With a very pale complexion, there is a hardness to her that leaves many intimidated, and very few that would risk standing toe to toe with her, let alone match steel to steel.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Chosen Deity: All Wardhyr, but Base Velar

Background: Urban Bounty Hunter
Personality Traits: Constance is slow to trust anyone, especially at their word. She also has the ability to keep calm in the most harrowing or aggravating of situations.
Ideal: Dedication - Constance's sees her duties as her legacy. Her dedication speaks to the person she is, to the paladin she is.
Bond: Constance would be dead if it wasn't for Velar leading her to safety.
Flaw: Constance has dispensed justice to those that weren't technically guilty of the crimes she said they were guilty of. They were still bad people, so she doesn't lose sleep over it.

Personality
Constance is, for the most part, that visage of a stoic paladin going about their holy duties without any hint that they might have something more to them than whatever crusade they are on. And while that is very true when the woman has been given a target or a task, in her daily life, Constance tries her best to come across as warm and caring, despite that coldness about her that must accompany anyone who calls the Northern Steppes home. Always willing to be the initiator in any conversation, Constance dreams of a day when she can lay down her weapon and just enjoy the simpler things in life, like sipping a tall stout while watching the snow swirl on the horizon.

About You
Realistic posting rate: Everyday? Realistically I can probably post more often than you.
Previous role playing experience: Been a Member since '07. Started RPing in '98, and besides a few short stints here and there, for legit reasons, I've been RPing constantly.
Number of forum games you're currently playing: Uno. One, and it's the one linked in my signature. I'm just getting back into RPGX after being away for a while, but I assure you, my writing has only grown, and I'll never take on more games than I can comfortably handle. I'm an Oath taker. EDIT: Added a New Game, so 2.

Roleplay Sample: Recent Combat Post in CoEA

Last edited by saratek187; 07-08-2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2266
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
Character Finished for the most part

Thanks for the info and help.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:37 AM
Let the Wookie Win

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 956
chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m
My application for Omrik Lindal (formerly Tevias) is complete. I'd appreciate any feedback!
Old 06-28-2018, 09:36 AM
Court Jester

Tools
User Statistics
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
I'd definitely like feedback on mine. Please?
Old 06-28-2018, 08:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 959
Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard
Posting interest!

Question, am I able to make a long shot application and one that might be better suited?
I do not strike with my hand; he who strikes with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I strike with my mind...I do not kill with my sword; he who kills with his sword has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart.
Old 06-29-2018, 01:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1665
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin
Everyone should have feedback. Applications all look amazing so far. Not going to be easy!

Old 06-29-2018, 01:12 AM
Court Jester

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPaladin View Post
Everyone should have feedback. Applications all look amazing so far. Not going to be easy!
I can make it easier. Pick the Red-headed Paladin. It's the right choice. Trust me.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:36 AM
All Hail The Glow Cloud

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1387
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
Might put in a Waroc app for fun; we'll have to see how work is this week.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard
Oz Pinko
Oz Pinko
Basic Information:
right-aligned image

Race: Goblin
Class: Fighter - 2 / Rogue 1
Alignment: Chaotic Good (In his and the clans mind, others may think he is chaotic evil)
Chosen Deity: Uur the Clever - The Totem of the Snake
Background: Charlatan - I put on new identities like clothes.
Appearance:
Height / Weight: 4'0" / 35 lbs.
Eye Colour: Red/orange coloured eyes
Other Features: Oz's skin colour is a navy blue, almost violet colour, his face, inside of his ears, chest and stomach are a light gray-green colour that contrasts with his eyes. His teeth are small, sharp, but clean and hidden by his thin lips. His ears are not as long and pointed as the others around him, instead they are placed lower and wider and when he wants, can become soft and loose, hanging down on the sides and back of his head, looking almost like hair.

He has a lanky body shape, his arms and legs longer than his torso, his fingers and toes are long with sharp nails that are nicely kept and pointed at the ends. He likes to wear the common clothes of the people, mostly like the children of where he is, although preferring a size bigger to have space underneath. He is quick to adapt to the clothing styles of his settings and tries to make sure he looks as common and normal as possible. But always underneath his clothing he has his armour and weapons easily accessible to defend himself, or hit his mark.

Personality:Personality Traits: I have a joke for every occasion, especially occasions where humor is inappropriate. / Sarcasm and insults are my weapons of choice.
Ideal: Aspiration - I’m determined to make something of myself. (Any)
Bond: I am devout to The Snake and my leader, Uur the Clever, whatever he wishes, I am there to do his bidding.
Flaw: I’m convinced that no one could ever fool me the way I fool others.
Personality: Oz can best be described as clever, spontaneous, cold at times, like steel, rude, unethical, merciless and that he has a very, very poor sense of humour. He can take on a great deal of different personalities that go with every one of his disguises, and can commit to that role, until he sees it necessary to break it.

He is still in training in the arts to become an assassin and currently reverts back to old habits of fighting once the first strike is made.

He likes sweets, ciders, coming up with new identities, looking at his picture book that he had found and kept after his big raid and looks at it often when he has the time, but above all that he loves the approval and gratitude of his master, Uur the Clever.

He dislikes bitter tasting things, wealthy people, elves, dogs and hates those that would dare to disrespect his tribe and/or his master. To the point where he would threaten them with violence, actually assault them or break character.

History:

About Me:

I do not strike with my hand; he who strikes with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I strike with my mind...I do not kill with my sword; he who kills with his sword has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart.

Last edited by Kaneda Shepard; 07-05-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:12 AM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1579
JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid
App
right-aligned image

Name: Iovyth Tor’Valeon/ Vythica Vance
Class: Phaedashyn (Evoker)
Race: Human (Variant)
Appearance: Iovyth is a thoughtful girl with a gentle disposition and a maturity far beyond her twenty three years. With short, silky blonde hair, a pale complexion, and striking grey eyes, she can fly the sweetest smile when her mind is afire with ideas. Though outwardly frail, a bit wiry and petite, Iovyth moves with a delicate grace. Even her mannerisms, meek as they are, exude a quiet benevolence—too kind to squish a spider, or to even say a hurtful word. Iovyth once perused the ancient tomes and dusty scrolls among Thranduin’s collection, unraveling arcane knowledge with the greatest of care. Though, as the saying goes, don’t judge a book by its cover.

Her manner of dress is modest and practical, and she is never without her black-singed spell book, the gold chain talisman of her favored goddess, or something to write with—quick to jot down her thoughts at the slightest spark of inspiration.

Alignment: Neutral Good
Chosen Deity: Darwyth
Background: Sage (Wizard’s Apprentice)

Personality Traits: Knowledge is like gold in the mind’s vault, the more you know the richer you are. Magic is the key that allows oneself to achieve their highest potential, so a great deal of personal accountability should come with it. I’m not afraid to question the Church, or any power, that believes there is merit in using fear and subjugation. I may seem weak, but I won’t hesitate to fight for my friends and the greater good.

Ideal:

Knowledge. Power, Self-Transformation, and Truth all begin with a thirst for Knowledge.
Change. The Aedar and Phaedashyn have always been at odds, blinded by past scars. Surely we can find common ground. With our combined minds, we could do so much good, even create a Haryn that is truly free for all. Even so, I’m painfully aware that expectations often fall short of reality. I’ll risk life and limb to keep the spirit of Artur Phaedash alive!
Beauty. Beauty is far more profound than just one’s outward shell. Life is composed of little moments thrummed with joys and sorrows. My heart yearns to explore beauty in all its forms before life passes me by.

Bond: Those I love are all ghosts now, taken from me by a nemesis called Greed.

Flaw: Due to my child-like innocence, my faith in people is often misplaced. Naïve as it seems, I believe even the blackest heart can be reasoned with.

Personality: Iovyth is first and foremost an idealist, determined to make the best of circumstances no matter how dire. There aren’t always easy answers to problems, but to live by the slapdash seat of one’s pants is not how she prefers to go about business. The use of magic should not be taken lightly. Not only does it attract attention, and questions, but she also grapples with using it for harm—especially against mundane citizenry, clergymen, and fellow Phaedashyn. With that in mind, Iovyth has the long suffering patience of a saint, perhaps too forgiving of others shortfalls, but when matters truly go array you can be assured that she will quickly sweep away the opposition.

Iovyth answers to Vy for short, as the sound of her name brings a bad aftertaste.

History:

For three years Iovyth has been living with the Phaedashyn at the Erethambrian College under the alias—Vythica Vance—as it is much easier to play dead than confront the ones responsible for so much pain and misfortune…but she never intends to give them a second chance at her life. That, and they absolutely petrify her. To Vy, they are the very picture of monsters in human form—decadent, devoid of empathy, and bent on destroying her simply because they desire it.

To properly understand, the true depth of her story goes quite a ways...

WIP!

Last edited by JReid; 07-07-2018 at 12:46 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:02 AM
The Jovial Adventurer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1819
Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser
Bran Marreman is complete.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:09 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 986
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Wow! So many quality application. DarkPaladin has his work cut out for him. I'm just enjoying the reading material you all are providing me with, so thanks for that!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5345
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Neddy Courser

Class: Summoner's Hand (Rogue / Cleric)

Appearance: While Neddy considers himself to be a dapper vagabond most would consider him unbecoming and uncouth. The difference in opinion would come from the perspective of those making the observation. Most in civil society would frown upon the rogue's appearance and demeanor but Neddy is rarely among the civility.

His dark brown hair is always slicked back with whatever lard or grease he can find to keep it in place and his beard uneven and unkempt. He likes to dress nice but not to spend good coin on clothes. His dress coat was nice six or seven seasons ago. His trousers are made of the finest wool, taken off a dead man. Neddy wears as many rings as he can fit onto his fingers...all stolen of course. He is a hodgepodge of what can be found or stolen from others. Only the best for Neddy Ten-cuts.

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Chosen Deity: Darwyth

Background: Charlatan

I insinuate myself into people’s lives to prey on their weakness and secure their secrets.

Personality Trait 1: I lie about almost everything, even when there’s no good reason to.

Personality Trait 2: Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want.

Ideal: It is better for the innocent to suffer than for the guilty to escape their due.

Bond: I owe everything to my mentor—a horrible person who’s probably torturing someone somewhere.

Flaw: People who can't take care of themselves get what they deserve.

Personality: Neddy is one of those people who have an arrogant air about them but most people can't figure out why that is. To their minds he is a burden on society who contributes little to the greater good.

His service to a Summoner is what fuels Neddy's pride. Everyone has secrets and all he has to do is find them and he can lay anyone low before the Quisit Summoners. Of course, that connection must remain a secret which vexes him to no end. The respect he would be due if others knew the power he wields.

History: Neddy's upbringing would shock most who know him now but he was born into privilege as Edward Hammett. That he squandered it would surprise none. Edward liked to gamble on coursing and wasn't very good at it. Got himself into a large amount of debt to some undesirable people. When the smoke cleared from the fire that claimed the lives of both his parents and his younger sister, Edward was left to live with the result. He fell into years of despair, petty thievery and poverty.

It was then that a black robed man came to visit young Edward. The men who had perpetrated the fire that killed his family were suspects of the Quisit Summoners. The man promised vengeance in exchange for service. Blinded by rage, grief and guilt, Edward agreed. The man in black promised to teach Edward powerful magic in exchange for his service.

For now, Edward would have to use his smarts and street skills to expose the perpetrators.

About You
Realistic posting rate: Two per week.

Previous role playing experience: Been playing 5e on site for almost two years. Former 2e player way back when.

Number of forum games you're currently playing: 1 active game which posts more than once per week and 6 that post more infrequently. I also DM 4 games of my own.

Roleplay Sample: Paladin beginning a descent to a darker place. The whole fight sequence prior to this post is good too.

Grigore ; Dark character in Ravenloft retelling a bit of backstory about himself. Example of a morally ambiguous character playing nice with good aligned party members.

Last edited by tomplum; 07-03-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, think I am good with Oz, if you would like to send any tips on changes for this world it would be much appreciated.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:36 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2266
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
added a tad of history and adjusted alignment.