... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 07-05-2018, 05:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1665
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin
Applications all look amazing. Once the deadline hits (I only see one or two still being actively worked on) I will start trying to figure out how to cut this down to two groups.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 959
Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard
Character has been updated with some minor changes to fit the world Oz is living in.
I do not strike with my hand; he who strikes with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I strike with my mind...I do not kill with my sword; he who kills with his sword has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:09 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 986
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPaladin View Post
Applications all look amazing. Once the deadline hits (I only see one or two still being actively worked on) I will start trying to figure out how to cut this down to two groups.
You have some tough choices, that's for sure!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:46 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
BanalityBob
I eagerly await the results.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:29 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 555
PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab
Well, my two applications are super late coming in for me, as per usual. Hope you enjoy them. If you have any feedback, that'd be cool, though I'm not entirely sure how much that ever affects someone's chances of getting into games on this site.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 856
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
Maira Blackfalls, Zealot of VelarName: Maira Blackfalls
Race: Human (Variant)
Class + Subclass: Barbarian - Zealot

Appearance: Maira might be considered pretty if she smiled, though she rarely does in her day-to-day life. Pale skin marks her as a denizen of the north, and her striking red hair is certain to catch the eye. Steely, blue eyes watch the world around her with suspicion and her intensity makes her seem jumpy. Watch her for long enough as she works about the shrine and one will see that the waif-like appearance is but a facade hiding her true strength.

All of that is her, yet it is on the faded, blue tattoo running down her face that eyes tend to linger. Waroc design, anyone can tell. Slave for those who know such things, even if they are unwilling to admit to knowing it. She loathes it, but never hides it, nor will she hide from the gaze of anyone looking to ogle the strange girl who works to upkeep the small shrine to Velar.
right-aligned image

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Chosen Deity: Velar
Background: Acolyte
Personality Traits: I am intolerant of other faiths and condemn the worship of other gods. I see omens in every event and action. Velar speaks to us, we just need to listen
Ideal: Faith. I trust that my deity will guide my actions. I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well. (Lawful)
Bond: I owe my life to Velar who personally rescued me from captivity.
Flaw: I put too much trust in those who wield power within my temple’s hierarchy. I am suspicious of strangers and expect the worst of them.

Personality: Maira can seem distant and cold, though always polite, taking time to warm up to strangers. She has spent so much of her life treated as a freak by the people of Arcist because of her tattoo, that she tends to distrust anyone new. Firespeaker Granik has instilled in Maira a strong work ethic and provided her with good, if simple, living as the caretaker of the shrine while he ministers to pilgrims and locals in need.

While often dismissed as ludicrous by others, Maira believes that the soldier who saved her all those years ago was in fact Velar in mortal form. This belief has grown over the years from an ember into an inferno, and she will not be dissuaded from her convictions. Whether or not it is true is of little consequence, for her faith is now unshakable and she can feel the power of it flowing through her every moment, granting her strength far beyond that of her mortal form.

About YouRealistic posting rate: 3 per week
Previous role playing experience: Six months playing 5e on this site, none with a barbarian.
Number of forum games you're currently playing: Four
Roleplay Sample: Lost Mines of Phandelver introduction post
West Marches warlock
West Marches wizard

The Song of the Day
Old 07-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1673
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
HrukName: Hruk

Race: Half-Orc

Class + Subclass: Barbarian, Path of Totem (Lion if allowed)

Appearance: Hruk is without a doubt a member of the Waroc tribes. He is a large musclebound man that carries much more of the orc blood than human. Most would almost confuse him for an orc instead of a half breed. He carries minimal armor or protection and has various weapons and tools, many carved out of bone or other reclaimed materials but also some made of steel. He has many tattoos and tribal markings over his entire body which describe the many battles he has won as an a leader with his tribe. Travelling separately now he still has the soldier instinct in him and is very formal in his movements.
right-aligned image

Alignment: CG

Chosen Totem: Lion, Holoun the Triumphant

Background: Soldier

Personality Traits: I can stare down a hell hound without flinching. I have a crude sense of humor.

Ideal: When people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny.

Bond: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.

Flaw: I made a terrible mistake in battle which cost many lives and I would do anything to keep that mistake a secret.

Personality: Hruk is a vicious fighter when on the battlefield. Like most orc's he has a chaotic attitude towards fighting that falls right in line with his tribe. When he is in his fighting zone he is almost unstoppable and has a single track focus. However, when he is out of battle, he is a polite person that understands the nuances of living in a difficult world. Unlike many of his orc brothers he is able to embrace this gentler side when he is not raged in battle. This has allowed him to be open to others in a way that the majority of the Waroc tribes would not be capable of.

History: Hruk grew up in a Waroc tribe where all boys were expected to become good fighters. Those that could not were destined to become lesser roles within the tribe and Hruk had too much self importance to let that happen. He worked hard to become a good fighter within the tribe and followed in the footsteps of his elders. Much of the time it seemed like he needed to work twice as hard to obtain the same level of skill as the other orcs around him. He also found that he questioned the workings of the tribe much more than those around him. It wasn't that he didn't believe in what the Waroc culture stood for but rather that he could improve upon it if given some latitude. This line of thinking set him apart from his peers.

Only recently did Hruk learn that his orc mother was with a human when she got pregnant with Hruk. It was on a mission with the tribe a few weeks later that the group was attacked by a Wardhyr group and many of the tribesmen died. Hruk escaped with his life but was forced further from the tribe lands in doing so. With his newfound knowledge of his human blood and confusion about his role in Waroc society he set out to follow in the footsteps of Holoun the Triumphant. If he could find a way to make amends for his dishoner in battle he could return to his tribe and become something more, much like Holoun needed to do centuries ago. To get there he may find out more about his human father and also peek inside the ways of the Wardhyr culture.

About You
Realistic posting rate: Several times daily during the week and once daily on weekends.

Previous role playing experience: Tabletop experience for 5 years consistently in the early 90's, onling RPGx experience for the last year consistently

Number of forum games you're currently playing: 2 active campaigns and 2 more that are sporadic (1 post/week)

Roleplay Sample: Lorrin's entry

Last edited by Trmmilwwi; 07-06-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin
I really appreciate all the interest, effort, and creativity that were pumped into these applications. The response was far more overwhelming then I anticipated, given the restrictions, volume of material, and nature of the world. It would have been simply impossible to whittle down these 20+ great applications to just five or six spots, so I am adding a parallel, stand-alone campaign--doubling the amount of selected characters. And even that is tremendously difficult. Part of putting together these two parties is attempting to balance classes, character and political dynamics, so please do not think your application was not "good enough," but that it may not simply have been the best fit.

Thanks again everyone. I anticipate sending out selection messages tomorrow (Sunday) and getting the ball rolling.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:44 AM
All Hail The Glow Cloud

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1387
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
Good luck, maties.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:41 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6536
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Good luck to all!
Old 07-08-2018, 07:04 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 653
Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn
Good luck everyone...
Old 07-08-2018, 07:29 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6536
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Anyone get a PM yet???
Old 07-08-2018, 09:13 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 245
Aladdin Aladdin Aladdin
Not yet. But good luck everyone and hope whoever is lucky enough has a wicked time!
Al
Old 07-08-2018, 10:59 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 959
Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard
Good luck to all!
I do not strike with my hand; he who strikes with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I strike with my mind...I do not kill with my sword; he who kills with his sword has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I have sent out Welcome PMs to all the selected players. Again, thank you for the overwhelming response and quality applications. If a player drops or needs to withdraw, I will contact those who barely missed the cut before opening it the general board.

Below is the selected players for the two campaigns. Look forward to playing with you all.

Vorsevren - Shadow Over the Plains Characters
PlayerCharacterRaceClass
JReidIovyth Tor'ValeonHumanWizard
The Rat QueenMelisendeHumanLifegiver (Cleric)
NasrithLiam the LeopardHumanBard (Swords)
AnthrueserBran MarremanHumanPaladin of Devotion
HafrogmanDain BladewalkerHobgoblinFighter (Samurai)
ByronBulbLunn BonerattleGoblinBarbarian (Ancestral Guardian)

Nesathra - Legacy of Ruin Characters
PlayerCharacterRaceClass
KymrelAkrin VeltHumanRogue (Arcane Trickster)
Chri2mOmrik LindalHalflingDruid(Circle of the Moon)
Saratek187Constance WintersborneHumanPaladin of Vengeance
MontageManiacKayne CyireHalf-ElfWarlock/Paladin
PeasOfCrabForalvic SteelhoofDwarfBarbarian (Dwarven Battlerager)
TomplumNeddy "Ten Cuts" CourserHumanCleric/Thief