User Statistics
RPXP: 2141
Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk
Application Complete
right-aligned image
Name:Sakret Eyeooze
Race: Goblin
Class: Fighter (Archery) | Battlemaster
Appearance: The cooling of the evening air in his freshly dug warren awakens Sakret. He takes a quick look around and the last rays of dusk sunlight penetrate the underground hovel. In here the others of the Eyeooze family sleep, but he is the first to rise. He stretches but is too tall to fully stand in this warren, as he is tall and lanky for a goblin. He moves over to a small chest where he keeps his things safe and opens the lock. He pulls out some crude but important earrings and puts them in. He begins his daily rituals. He traces the intricate scars on his body with his fingers, they tell a story of the hunt and his role in his tribe, a tale of bravery, sacrifice, and pain, the goblin way. He then tends to his teeth, making sure each is razor sharp, testing it with his tongue, tasting his own blood again. He gathers his short bow and arrows and makes his way out of the warren. As he leaves the sun is setting, he walks over to the small stream nearby and goes to take a drink. He gazes at his reflection, his brownish green mottled skin is typical of his race, his long pointed nose and ears are speckled with small warts and cuts. He breaks the reflection with his hands and takes a long drink, even he could only stand his ugly face for so long. It was time to hunt.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Chosen Deity: Erkuus the Dragon Slayer
Background: Outlander (Hunter/Gatherer - Change athletics to stealth if possible this character won't wear heavy armor)
Personality Traits: I have a lesson for every situation, drawn from observing nature.
I once ran twenty-five miles without stopping to warn to my clan of an approaching monster horde. I’d do it again if I had to.
Ideal:Honor. If I dishonor myself, I dishonor my whole clan.
Bond: My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me
Flaw: I remember every insult I’ve received and nurse a silent resentment toward anyone who’s ever wronged me.
Personality: As always Sakret is the first of his tribe to arrive. When it comes to the hunt he does not want to be late, he does not want to let his people down. If the hunt is unsuccessful the tribe might go hungry. He closes his eyes and lets the wind hit his skin, A northern wind, winter will soon be here. he thinks to himself, as the crispness of the breeze reminds him how important these final weeks will be. When his hunting party arrives he give most of them a respectful nod, as they are his peers, proven hunters who have paid their dues, bled and fed the tribe, but today he only glared at his hobgoblin companion. The hobgoblin, Grekstil, made an insulting comment to Sakret during the last hunt, blaming him for the failure. In Sakret's eyes, the entire group was responsible and he would not let the slight go. Gretstil didn't care if Sakret, a goblin, liked him or not but that didn't stop Sakret from seething. His actions would shut the upstart up. Today the prey they stalked would fall to Sakret's steel.
History: The Hrudik tribe is a small tribe that has trvelled the southern Iron Steppes together for 15 Storm Seasons. Led by the Hrudik, son of Hrudik a family of strong orcs. The tribe survives by following herds of grazing animals in the summer months. On the grassy plains, the Hrudik dig small warrens and lay grass on them to hide their positions and hunt at night. They use the meat to make a rich fat infused jerky called Threskin a staple food on the steppes and trade it with with other tribes to meet their basic needs, and new weapons. Currently they have a strong relationship with the Rorgal Tribe and their leader wants to make sure the supply of meat can meet their demands, but their clan is large and their requests tax the hunters of the Hrudik clan.

As darkness falls on the steppes the hunting party moves out, determined to bring in a kill today. Sakret knows that their failure yesterday has put a bad mark on the party and they had to be successful today. He listened to his lead hunter lay out the plan. Nodding at his orc leader he left to take his place, perched on a lone tree, waiting for the herd to turned his way. He carefully pulled an arrow from his quiver, he licked the fletching and nocked the bow. He took tow more arrows out and pushed their steel tips into the branches of the tree so they would be ready to grab. Then he waited, as he did he couldn't help but remember how he got here.

As a young goblin he learned how to pull a bow from his father, Ykret Eyegouge. Ykret was the first goblin to ever join a Hrudik hunting party and have a place at the table of honor in the chieftains tent. His father never spoke of what was discussed in the tent, but Sakret was determined to find out for himself. As the seasons past Sakret developed into an exceptional archer, even surpassing his father in skill. He was brought out on the hunt and was proud to be contributing to the tribe. He loved listening to the elders tell stories of glory and tales of the great betrayal. Though he had never seen a human he knew they could not be trusted. As Sakret's father grew older he became sick, the illness took his strength, but his wisdom was saved. Now his father was an elder, passing his knowledge on to the children of the tribe, a role that the older Eyegouge secretly loved, and it fell to Sakret to provide for his family.

The sound of the beating hooves in the distance awoke Sakret from his daydream. Even though he couldn't quite see the beasts in the darkness yet, he could smell them. In moments the animals came into his sight and he was ready. He pulled back on his short bow, and in one fluid motion he pulled back, aimed and fired. He repeated this two more times as the speedy herd trampled by his perch, their hooves pounding on the ground shaking the tree he was in. He held on tight, he did not want to fall into the stampede of steppe deer.

Before he could look up, he heard a cheer from his hunting party, he must have got one. When he looked up he saw that he had managed to kill three deer, each with an arrow in their hearts. As he climbed down he beamed with pride as he ran to the others. He approached them and they had begun to process them, but then their attention diverted.

They all looked and pointed in the direction of their tribe. He turned around and saw a bright light in the sky, a blue warning flare. He turned to look at his party, "Humans approach! Lets get back as soon as we can." he cries. His leader grunts, "We process the kills first, then we leave." Sakret nods, and begins to help. What could humans want with our tribe? he thinks to himself. Maybe this will be the first time he meets or fights a human.

About MeRealistic posting rate: 1 per day or more
Previous role playing experience: I have been playing 5e for three years now, and have a ton of 2ed experience
Number of forum games you're currently playing: I am in 9 games at the moment, most move very slow. I am DMing 2 pbp games as well and occasionally DMing on City of Edless Arenas
Roleplay Sample: Jaster defeats an enemy, Skrynn introduces himself, Vinist has a dream, Dalgrin Survives the attack, DM Post Introduction to Chapter 1

Last edited by Stonk; 11-26-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:15 PM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4855
Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil
EDIT: Kvel's been rewritten as a half-orc. Should fit in without much issue now.

Last edited by Phil; 11-26-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:31 AM
<insert witty title here>

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 843
Watcher Watcher Watcher Watcher Watcher Watcher Watcher
Application is complete.

Application
right-aligned image
Name: Gunk Darkmouth
Class: Rogue (Arcane Trickster)
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Chosen Deity: Owl Totem (Marsal the Old)

Appearance: Gunk is a young but typical specimen of his race. He is short, around four feet, thin with wiry lean muscle, and has slightly oversized feet. Gunk has a large head that has long angular features, long pointed ears, narrow yellow eyes, a broad hooked nose and a smirking mouth filled with sharp teeth. His skin is a mottled green, largely smooth [for a Goblin], with small scars and scars here and there across his arms and face.

On Gunk's small form are a combination of leather armor and simple clothes, dark and somewhat ragged, ripped and torn in places. A sleeveless leather vest, a pair of shorts, wrapped forearm guards, and fingerless gloves. Around his waist, Gunk has a simple belt that has several weapon sheaths and pouches. On his legs Gunk has toeless shoes that have been wrapped in leather straps up the shin, helping to dampen his footsteps. On top of it all, the Goblin has a hooded cloak that is as equally ragged as the rest of his clothing.

Finally, around Gunk's neck is a small leather pouch on a partly frayed string necklace, which contains a small A silver skull the size of a coinmysterious trinket, and is threaded with four Goblin teeth [two either side of the pouch].

Personality: Gunk is a Goblin that is greedy, opportunistic, suspicious and sly. From a very young age, Gunk's family were considered outer circle by his people, Clan Rorgal. Doubly so when his parents were killed under suspicious circumstances, instilling the Goblin with a severe and consistent distrust of everyone. Being a step short of outcast, Gunk grew up watching other Goblin families enjoying Chief favor, being lavished with reward, food and the pick of loot. The crumbs and leftovers were given to Gunk and his family [and other small groups in similar standing in the clan], and this treatment determined the young Goblin's personality and development.

Growing up with very little, Gunk has no qualms with taking whatever he can get away with taking, and the shinier the better, in fact. Long past the point of caring about morals or right and wrong, there is little concern or guilt over the source of any procured items. Even family members aren't safe from Gunk's thin, long, sticky fingers. So consumed by the need to attain wealth - gold, jewelry, trinkets, or any item of value - Gunk will do just about anything.

While not an overly social person, Gunk isn’t afraid to talk to a stranger when the need is upon him. Usually his youthful energy and curiosity leads the way, with a near unending spattering of questions. Despite his ability to talk and socialize, Gunk has a deep-seeded distrust of everyone and everything, and no matter how friendly or trustful he seems, will never fully trust anyone but himself. This can lead to times when Gunk seeks solitude, preferring to be alone, where he can focus and plan and prepare. Even though young, he can be surprisingly introspective, perhaps even wise.

Gunk believes in eye for an eye, or favor for a favor. Anyone who has done wrong by him can expect some kind of retaliation, and those that have assisted the Goblin can expect the same help in return. Gunk does not like to be in anyone's debt, it makes him feel uncomfortable, so he seeks to repay those he owes sooner rather than later - even if that means manipulating them into accepting help when it might not necessarily be needed.

In terms of spirituality, Gunk is very tight-lipped. As far as he's concerned, his clan's ancestors haven't really done anything to help him, so he doesn't feel the need to worship them either. He has a respect for tradition, but is by no means dictated by it.

Background: Urchin
Personality Traits: I hide scraps of food and trinkets away in my pockets; I ask a lot of questions.
Ideal: People - I help the people who help me, that's what keeps us alive (Neutral).
Bond: I escaped my life of poverty by robbing an important person, and I'm wanted for it.
Flaw: Gold seems like a lot of money to me, and I'll do just about anything for more of it; I will never fully trust anyone other than myself.

History: Born to clan Rorgal, Gunk was the only offspring to a pair of Goblin parents. His father, Eyecutter Darkmouth, was an archer of some renown and earned a name for the Darkmouth family within their tribe. Having served under Chieftain Holkar, Eyecutter unfortunately had made enemies from his successes, which put a Literally and figurativelytarget on his back. Gunk was but a small Goblin when Rorgal was made Chieftain, and it was with dire circumstance that Eyecutter did not agree with, nor support, the newly appointed leader; in fact, in the past, Gunk's father had been quite open about his disdain for the Orc, which had led to a strong dislike of one another.

When Gunk was five, his father was killed on a scouting mission. The circumstances were vague and suspicious, and when Gunk's mother - Nok - wouldn't let the death be, she too died under mysterious conditions. Left without parents, Gunk was forced to rely on whatever generosity his clan members bestowed on him, as they saw fit or when they could be bothered, and the child Goblin was forced to mature quickly living on the social outskirts of his tribe. Gunk became self-reliant, skilled at moving quietly, and by the age of seven was capable of moving about the camp with little-to-no one noticing... save for one, much to the Goblin's surprise.

The old Goblin Legendteller, Badb the Scold, seemed to take something of an interest in Gunk. Even though she was short and stern with most, for some reason she took a liking to the young Goblin. When Gunk was unable to scavenge food, Badb would have some ready; when Gunk's feet grew too large for his ruined shoes, Badb would have some ready; and when Gunk accidentally angered Chieftain Rorgal by getting underfoot, Badb was there to calm the situation and send the young Goblin on his way. It was quite perplexing to Gunk and even to this day, despite speaking with the ancient Goblin, Gunk still hasn't gotten an answer as to why Badb took a liking to him. And given her age, he probably won't.

Still, as the years continued, Gunk grew weary of living as a shadow in the clan. He ventured out, seeking a large Wardhyr city, hoping to find something that would earn him favor with the Chieftain and allow him to reclaim his family name. The city was busy, far too busy for the Goblin's tastes, and there were Wardhyr everywhere. Yet, Gunk's particular skills allowed him to amass a small purse of gold coins, and with every successful theft, the Goblin fell more and more under the wondrous metals sway. In fact, Gunk was so taken with gold that he became obsessed with getting his small hands on as much as he could.

After some months, Gunk drew the attention of a band of thieves, and proving himself capable was inducted into their number. He did well, learned a lot, and soon had a reputation never felt in his old clan. Unfortunately things don't last, and no sooner had Gunk spent several months with his new friends, than he was sent on a fateful task that would snatch everything away. Gunk was ordered by the leader of the guild to steal a small chest of items from a mysterious old human, who lived in one of the richer parts of the city. Feeling it was a simple task, Gunk accepted and went on his way. Little did he know that the old man was a powerful archmage and the chest of items were some of the magic user's most prized possessions!

Gunk sneaked into the tower, passed numerous traps, had his hands on the chest... only for the mage to appear, acting quite expectant of the thief's presence, and to then start hurling magic at the green, small intruder! Dodging and weaving, Gunk jumped from the tower window, using a rope to slow his descent, before he made a hasty escape from the guards on alert. For several hours Gunk ran and evaded, seeming to dodge almost every guard in the city. Then, returning to the guild den, the Goblin was concerned and surprised when the group had seemingly disappeared, having moved on. Outside, the city was on alert, perhaps far more than what Gunk thought was reasonable for the theft of some mage's box. Going through the items within, the Goblin had his fingers wrapped around a small silver skull, no bigger than a Wardhyr coin, when mysterious men in black robes burst into the den!

Later, Gunk would believe that the guild members had used the easily recognizable Goblin as a distraction. While he had kicked up a fuss for the city mage, and thus drew the city guard down on the area, the guild had fulfilled their own task unknown to him. They had then moved to a new location, and Gunk suspected even told the mysterious robed men where to find him in the old den. Still, through sheer instinct and reaction, and being small enough to use pipes and passages the guards couldn't, Gunk managed to escape the ambush - though most of his belongings were lost, his collection of gold and trophies in the den left behind. All Gunk had to show for his time away was the gold in his purse, the items on his back, and the small silver skull he now kept in his necklace pouch, right beside the teeth of his parents.

Dejected, angered with the Wardhyr, and further distrustful of anyone, Gunk sought out his clan and returned to share his misadventures with Badb. For several months he wandered, finding hints of clan Rorgal's passage or campsites. He tracked them using methods known only to fellow clan members, slowly closing on his people. Along the way, Gunk began to feel strange, but couldn't explain the sensation... not yet. And being unsure of what it was, Gunk decided the best decision was to remain quiet until he could work out what had happened to him and who he could speak to about it within the clan.

Several days later, Gunk had finally returned to clan Rorgal...

About MeRealistic posting rate: 1 post per day
Previous role playing experience: High level of pbp RPing, not as much experience in D&D 5e.
Number of forum games you're currently playing: Two (one able to be bowed out of in favor of more dedication here, if required - it's a West Marches campaign with high turnaround and inundated GMs).
Other: "Steel"

RP SamplesHere's some posts showing my sort of average post:

Note: These posts are from the current West Marches game (of two) I will be keeping active, if picked for this campaign.

Last edited by Watcher; 12-06-2018 at 05:25 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2141
Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk
I have completed my application (I think ). If you have time for some feed back I would appreciate it, if not, no big deal. Thank you.

Last edited by Stonk; 11-26-2018 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3133
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
I'm interested. I clearly have some reading to do. Do you have an application deadline?

Edit: Perhaps this is a stupid question, but I can't see in the races information thread what the racial statistics and modifiers are for the Waroc races. These aren't in the player handbook, and I'm not sure they're even in the monster manual - I don't own one. Where do I find these?

Last edited by anamiac; 11-26-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1903
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamiac View Post
Do you have an application deadline?
It's at the very bottom of the re-opening post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPaladin View Post
  • Application Deadline: Tentatively December 5, Midnight PST (If I receive a flurry of great applications, I will likely move this up.
So you've got a little time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamiac View Post
I can't see in the races information thread what the racial statistics and modifiers are for the Waroc races. These aren't in the player handbook, and I'm not sure they're even in the monster manual - I don't own one. Where do I find these?
They're from Volo's Guide to Monsters (except the half-orc). So if the PHB is your only book, then that does limit the choices a little. No copyrighted material or links on the boards, but if you spent some time with Google, you could probably track down other options.

Last edited by hafrogman; 11-27-2018 at 01:08 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1665
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin
@anamiac - The Waroc tribes are made up of Goblins, Half-Orcs, Hobgoblins, and Orcs. As hafrogman stated, you can find half-orcs in the PHB, with the other three in Volo's Guide to Monsters.

Application Feedback

Old 11-27-2018, 05:18 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 472
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Thanks for the feedback, DarkPaladin!

Old 11-27-2018, 06:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin
Old 11-27-2018, 08:03 PM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4855
Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil

Last edited by Phil; 11-27-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:24 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for the feedback, DarkPaladin!

Last edited by Watcher; 11-27-2018 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:35 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 573
Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel
It's too bad that you're only picking up one or two, but I'm still planning to apply.

I would appreciate feedback, @DarkPaladin.

COMPLETE, MOSTLY

Application
right-aligned image
Name: Mukt'k the Stringer
Class: Barbarian/Rogue
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Chosen Deity: Bat Totem (Gahl of the Iron Steppes)

Appearance: As far as Waroc goblins go, Mukt'k is quite average if not dimunitive in size. His full height reaches to a few inches above three feet, and his round buckler (with the sigil of Ulruk painted on it) is almost as big as he is. His large, keen ears are adorned with small bone trinkets and useful in his profession of hunting and scouting; his dark, sunken eyes can sometimes be seen reflecting the fire light when everything else went dark. The curved, wicked steel blade that hangs from a leather strip around his waist helped him earn the moniker 'Stringer', for his predilection to use the weapon's jagged edge to hamstring opponents larger and stronger than he. Muk'tk's wears grimy trousers to protect him from the elements, and little else; his shield, his rage, and his cunning are his armor. A smile can sometimes be seen creeping into his face as he dips his clawed hands into enemy blood, painting it all over his face and naked torso.

Personality: Goblins are typically perceived as petty, weak, and stupid; Muk'tk usually lets others think this true of himself, to their own detriment. He uses his wits and skill well in battle, utilizing every available means to ensure victory, for victory meant survival, and survival is essential for his tribe to flourish. Muk'tk exhibits a fierce loyalty to his tribe and chief Ulruk, and will go to any length to protect them or increase their welfare. If there is a threat to the Ulruk, no matter how big or insurmountable, Muk'tk will subdue it.

Background: Adapted from Tickleberry Nomad (Curse of Strahd)Ulruk Foundling
Personality Traits: I am fearless in the face of bigger creatures. I accomplish my tasks efficiently, using as few resources as possible.
Ideal: Protection: Threats to the land and to the people must be dealt with at any and all costs.
Bond: I ache to return to my tribe and to help those who had suffered so much loss, but cannot until my obligations are fulfilled.
Flaw: Unfamiliar people and surroundings put me on edge.

About MeRealistic posting rate: 1-2 posts per day, 0-1 posts on weekends
Previous role playing experience: PF for a few years, plus a few month's worth experience in D&D 5e.
Number of forum games you're currently playing: Two (one currently paused indefinitely for RL reasons)

RP Sample

From another game:
Dwarf Cleric

Last edited by Tinuviel; 11-29-2018 at 05:52 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old 11-28-2018, 08:25 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Old 11-30-2018, 01:16 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
theeternalnoob
I'm new to the site, and not sure I'll knock together an application in time. I just wanted to say that this looks the sort of game I love. Good on you.