Notices

Old 11-11-2018, 06:38 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 152
StarSignMaster StarSignMaster
Yes, multiclassing is allowed.

Just because he’s a neat character doesn’t mean you can use him. They must be in the public domain.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:45 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1880
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Old 11-11-2018, 07:28 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sure, you can use the Gunslinger fighter archetype. You could use Pecos Bill, but Billy the Kid doesn't really qualify as a character. Historical characters are only allowed if they're heavily fictionalised.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 167
penbeast0 penbeast0
Druzilla Javotte

Druzilla Javotte

Source: Cinderella's Stepsister (future Evil Stepmother material!)
Class: Warlock
Race:Variant Human

Personality Trait: I take great pains to always look my best and follow the latest fashions.
Ideal: If I can gain more power, no one will be able to take advantage of me again.
Bond: My mother, my sister, and I are owed. Nothing is more important to me than my family.
Flaw: I often hear veiled insults in words addressed to me and I always get my own back eventually.

Backstory: Everyone in the kingdom knows the story of our humiliation. My mother remarried beneath her to the Lord Geoffrey Javotte. She had arranged invitations for my sister and I to meet the prince who was looking for a princess. Lord Geoffrey's sorcerous daughter, Ash, stole first my sister's gown and invitation, then mine, and went to the balls in our place. There she bewitched the prince into an obsessive passion then disappeared, leaving behind one of her own shoes. The prince came looking and ordered us to put on the enchanted slipper, but it had one of Ash's spells on it and cut off one of my sister's toes and part of my heel. Both of us walk with a limp to this day. Her own father tried to stop this madness, chopping down his favorite pear tree and smashing the manor house's pigeon coop, but Ash managed to escape both times. Then, taking possession of the prince she ordered my sister and I to walk down the aisle with her, and for our troubles, she had our eyes torn out by birds.

As we lay there in our blood and pain, I prayed to Morrigan, whose children had been fed on our bodies. And, she answered. She restored sight to my sister and I, that we might see again. And, a channel opened between us. Aschenputtel may be a sorceress, but my mother, my sister, and I do not forget the wrongs done to us. The Raven Queen provides power and once I gain enough power, then a day of reckoning will come and my evil stepsister will dance to her death in red hot shoes.

Last edited by penbeast0; 12-02-2018 at 02:58 PM. Reason: added link to character sheet
Old 11-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The stepsister is a fine character, but can you change the name to something other than the Disney version?

Also, the Raven Queen works fine, but for the purpose of the world, we'll rename her to the Morrigan, who is basically the same thing.

Last edited by StarSignMaster; 11-11-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1550
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Tower graduate #820
Old 11-11-2018, 08:54 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Old 11-11-2018, 09:36 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 167
penbeast0 penbeast0
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSignMaster View Post
The stepsister is a fine character, but can you change the name to something other than the Disney version?

Also, the Raven Queen works fine, but for the purpose of the world, we'll rename her to the Morrigan, who is basically the same thing.
Sure thing.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:46 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Oh I meant Tremaine
Old 11-11-2018, 10:10 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 937
MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone
Quote:
I can make an exception for you. I don't want to turn away players for something like that.

Especially since I was really hoping a player would play as the Miller's Daughter since Rumplestiltskin is one of my favourite fairytales.
I'll try to have an app posted asap then! Thank you so much!
Old 11-12-2018, 02:53 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 387
Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64
Character applicationName: Bertilak
Which character is it based off?: The Green Knight
Class: Paladin (oath could depend on the needs/direction of the campaign)
Race: Half-Elf

Personality:Stoic: He rarely smiles except as encouragement to others facing adversity. His humor tends to the dark and fatalistic.
Challenging: A family struggling with an unjust landlord; a besieged village; a wild animal tormented for sport…worthy causes and righting wrongs draw his attention.

Ideals:The craven and deceitful should be exposed. Courage is what keeps the world going.

Bonds:He respects those who keep their word, even if they serve evil masters. Comrades who prove themselves as being virtuous have his undying loyalty.

Flaws:Bertilak is reluctant to refuse a challenge, and quick to make enemies by questioning the honor of others.

Backstory:Born to an elven teacher and a minor human noble, the half-elf’s childhood was lonely. Neither his fully human siblings nor his elven relations really accepted him. As he grew his studies focused on becoming a knight, and he was a squire for a time. His knight lived as a liar and a cheat though, and Bertilak denounced him as such, leaving to study as an acolyte. He found no peace there; he felt certain he was meant for battles and tests. not sure how campaign addresses gods/religions so I'm keeping this vague for nowPrayers for guidance led to his understanding that he was meant to be a paladin.

Bertilak is aware that he has a destiny as a tester, as a punisher, but also as a hero (the last being his preference). No one has ever told him of this ‘destiny.’ The half-elf does not doubt the truth of it, though.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:07 AM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4900
Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil
Mary Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow? With eldrich spells and pacts with Hell, and burning eyes aglow.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:11 AM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4900
Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil
Quote:
You could use Pecos Bill
"The tornado roars towards you with..."

"I roll initiative"

"It's a Tornado, Bill. You can't just..."

"Seventeen! I draw my lasso."

"This isn't a combat encounter Bill!"

"What's it's AC?"

"*Sigh* Fine... I guess it's... an air elemental... or something..."
Old 11-12-2018, 01:48 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 252
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
How do you feel about versions of characters based on other things than the original fairy tale? I have a concept for the Red Knight from Alice in Wonderland based on the series Alice in the Country of Hearts.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:18 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsOfTheHeart View Post
How do you feel about versions of characters based on other things than the original fairy tale? I have a concept for the Red Knight from Alice in Wonderland based on the series Alice in the Country of Hearts.
I've told several people off for using Disney versions of characters. You can take elements from that version, but you definitely can't entirely base it off that character.