Old 11-12-2018, 03:24 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 252
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSignMaster View Post
I've told several people off for using Disney versions of characters. You can take elements from that version, but you definitely can't entirely base it off that character.
There's just isn't a lot of detail about the red knight in the original. I just want to take basic personality traits and background stuff from a source that actually has some detail.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:56 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 152
StarSignMaster StarSignMaster
Go ahead, but if it's too similar to Ace, I might have to ask you to change it a bit.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1550
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Sigrun
left-aligned image

Name: Sigrun Odinsdottir
Which character is it based off?: Norse Valkyrie
Class: Paladin (Oath of Devotion) Might multi-class into Cleric or Fighter if the situation is appropriate
Background: Acolyte Gods- Odin/Freyja
Race: Aasimar

Personality: Sigrun is an optimist. She always finds the glass half full and looks for the good in any situation. Sometimes her optimism comes across as naivety due to her good nature and easy going attitude. But that all quickly fades away if she is forced to make hard decisions; Life or death, fight or flight. In the heat of battle she is someone you want by your side. She is fiercely loyal to those she calls friends and has been known to take a hit or two. Even outside of battle she will find a way to ease any punishment meant for her or her party.

Trait: I idolize a particular hero of my faith and constantly refer to that person’s deeds and example.

Ideal: The ancient traditions of worship and sacrifice must be preserved and upheld. I trust that my deity will guide my actions. I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well.

Bond:
everything I do is for the common people. I will do anything to protect the temple were I served.

Flaw: I put too much trust in those who wield power within my temple’s hierarchy. My piety sometimes leads me to blindly trust those that profess faith in my god.

Physical description: Sigrun has an imposing physic and presence. You certainly notice when she arrives with her pale blond almost platinum hair and well-kept shining chainmail and eventually, I know she wouldn't start with plate.plate armor. Her hair is long, almost to her waist, and most of the time is kept braided or tucked up in a bun. Having spent many years learning to use weapons she does not seem encumbered by her armor as she moves with a surprising grace. Sigrun is armed with a long sword, a shield bearing Odin’s valknut and several javelins. Her two most prized possessions are her winged helmet, denoting her status as a paladin and her pendant around her neck of a small shield with a valknut with a battle ace and spear crossed behind it.
I drew this myself so don't judge it harshly. It is meant to give you an idea of what is looks like.

Backstory:

Born in a small village on the edge of Grimmdale Sigrun remembers little of her time there. Shortly after her third name day her tiny village was raided by bandits and demons from the Black Forest and Wolf-Fang Mountains. Fleeing the destruction her family was taken in by the Temple of Odin in a neighboring city. The priests and paladins of Odin informed of the invasion by the dark forces on the fringe of Grimmdale took action and drove the bandits and demons back into the forest and mountains.

Her family and remaining villagers appreciative of the Temple’s hospitality and willingness to restore their homes offered Sigrun as a token of thanks and living bond between the village and the Temple of Odin. The order was reluctant to take a child but came round to the idea that Sigrun would be a good addition to their ranks.

So Sigrun was left at the temple and raised among the priests and Paladins of Odin for the next twenty years. Educated in basics of reading, writing, math, economics, history, religion and war fare Sigrun soaked up her lessons like sponge. She was anointed into the order at fifteen and set her sights on becoming a paladin of Odin, a Valkyrie, as the female paladins were called. She was assigned as an apprentice to another paladin Gunnar, a veteran of the order and world weary of his many years of travel. He was happy to take Sigrun under his wing and mold her into a Valkyrie.

Gunnar spent the next eight years teaching her to fight with weapons, wear and care for her armor, channel her faith into arcane energy for spells and the tenants of being a paladin. (Honesty, courage, compassion, honor, duty).

Gunnar feeling that he nor the temple could teach Sigrun any more gave her his blessing and sent her off into the world to serve a full paladin of Odin. The world would teach her the rest of the lessons she needed. As a gift she was given her winged helmet and the see hand drawn image above.symbol of Odin to protect her.

Tower graduate #820

Last edited by silverfeathers; 11-13-2018 at 03:26 PM. Reason: pictures and physical description.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Updated my original application for the Red Knight. It isn't finished yet but I wanted to get the concept started.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Why would Odin’s symbol be a shield with two battleaxes? His weapon is a spear, for one, and anyway, the Valknut is typically considered the symbol of Odin. Not that it takes anything away from the backstory.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:02 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 937
MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone
Also deleted. Real post two posts down.

Last edited by MossStone; 11-12-2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:23 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Deleted and reposted due to formatting issues

Last edited by MossStone; 11-12-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:25 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm a little worried I keep far to close to the sorse material, let me know if there are any changes you would like.

Name: Renelde

Which character is it based off?:

Renelde from the Girl who spun nettles, the heroines from the Girl who spun nettles, Frau Holda and the Needle, and Rumple Skilskin, and the Seven Swan Brothers, with the slights, shadows The Spindle the Shuttle, and the Needle.

Class: Warlock

Race: Human

Personality:

Aparence:

Ideals:
Hard work

Bonds:
I have a son and I will find them.
I have a husband- I am faithful to him now for spite as much as love.

Flaws:
Despite my best efforts, I trust too easily.

Backstory:

Last edited by MossStone; 11-12-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:42 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
There's nothing wrong if it's extremely loyal to the source material. In fact, sometimes its better.

And while I love Rumplestiltskin, Frau Holle works way better as a patron in your story.

Last edited by StarSignMaster; 11-12-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1550
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Quote:
Why would Odinís symbol be a shield with two battleaxes? His weapon is a spear, for one, and anyway, the Valknut is typically considered the symbol of Odin. Not that it takes anything away from the backstory.
The spears would just look like sticks or an X on her little pendant, but the shield the axes are with have the valknut on it. I am currently searching for some images (or I'll draw one). I imagine Sigrun would carry and use spears/javelins along with a sword.
Tower graduate #820
Old 11-12-2018, 08:01 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 200
TheCatGodd3ss TheCatGodd3ss TheCatGodd3ss
I saw you mentioned Demi-gods, but what about gods proper? Are they allowed? Was thinking of Bast. (and yes, I like Bast. My name did not give that away, I hope.)
Old 11-12-2018, 08:12 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I have already answered this, and the answer is no, deities are not permitted.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:21 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 200
TheCatGodd3ss TheCatGodd3ss TheCatGodd3ss
Oh! Sorry missed it. I even looked >~<
Old 11-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsOfTheHeart View Post
Updated my original application for the Red Knight. It isn't finished yet but I wanted to get the concept started.
Question, are you making the Red Knight the same character as the Knave of Hearts?
Old 11-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Question, are you making the Red Knight the same character as the Knave of Hearts?
I was considering it actually, fusing the two of them together. I think that's what Ace is supposed to be. But if you aren't cool with that, I can change his name easily enough.