The knight who says "ni"

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1178
Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin
Sails of Syrena

Game Name:Sails of Syrena

Game System:D&D 5e

Theme:Sandbox world with world shaking events.

Flavor:High seas exploration, being caught in the middle of global conflict.

The Story The Dock district of Dawnport is about what one would expect. The Weeping Maiden, your typical seedy sailor’s tavern. Around you sit hardened men, covered in faded tattoos, puckered scars, and unwashed clothes. The thin, wooden walls are adorned with paintings of topless mermaids, mounted sharks, pirate flags, ship wheels, and crossed cutlasses. Your head is enveloped in smoke as the ragged man across from you puffs from a pipe. His grey hair hangs down in greasy strands from beneath a torn tricorn hat and faded imperial officer’s jacket. One of his legs is missing, replaced with a wooden stump. He regards you for a long moment before speaking.
”I’m glad ye came. I have need of a good soul or two to take me ship off me hands. After the last voyage went so badly, I ain’t too keen on sailin’ again. Think I oughtta retire. I’ve looked into ye all, and ye seem like the ones to take it. She’s yours, free of charge, under two conditions.” He shifted uncomfortably, adjusting the soiled bandages on one arm and looked around the tavern. He lowered his voice, leaning in close, his breath hot and wreaking as he speaks. ”You’ve got to hire ye own crew, and once ye do, you find the bastard who came after me and me crew. Bring me his head, and the ship is yers.”

You and your friends, eager to have a ship and crew of your own went to the docks with the grizzled Captain Garon, to preview the ship, dubbed The Skipper, It was a small ship, nothing glorious for sure. It had recently been repaired, after Garon had lost nearly his entire crew, but the ship was old and weathered. It was covered in barnacles, the sails looked threadbare in places, and there were several conspicuous stains on the decks. Still, beggars couldn’t be choosers. For whatever reason, you wanted to be on the sea quickly enough that you took the offer. It was time to crew and supply your ship and then hit the seas in search of The Seadog and her captain, Slayde Redhand.

The Game For this game, I’m looking for 4 - 6 players. Each of you have been adventuring for some time together, and you’ve decided, for whatever reason, to purchase a ship and sail the Seas as a continuation of your career.

The game will be a sandbox style game, wherein you can do pretty much whatever you want, and react to the major events that will be shaping the world in the background. You can choose to be as involved or distant from these major events as you like. As you’re starting the game with the purchase of a ship, I expect a large portion of the campaign will take place on or around the sea, but there’s nothing stopping you from docking your ship and exploring inland.

About said ship, I’ll be using the new UA rules, which can be found here. Although, I may be making some tweaks, or homebrewing some things.

As a DM, I love stories and telling stories, so that’s what I’m looking for the most here. I tend to run my games a bit gritty, with real consequences and challenges, and some dark moments, but I try to be fair and not screw you over for the fun of screwing you over.

I’ve included more information about races, with bits about the world sprinkled throughout. I don’t want to bog you down too much, so if there’s anything else more specific you’d like to know about the setting, please ask. Thanks for your interest.

The Setting For 800 yearsHouse Andris ruled over the Andrian Empire. Gifted with powerful draconic magic, they, and dragon allies, ruled the empire as a magocracy for centuries. That was until Magnus the White began preaching of a new, all powerful god. The word of Theras began to spread, and fearing the threat to their rule, House Andris began arresting Therists, insisting the old gods were the true gods, and that the sorcer kings and imperial family remained in control. However, this only enraged the citizenry, and soon, Magnus the White had a rebel army at his back. He, and those he dubbed the Ascendant (a small, inner circle of Aasimar blessed by Theras) marched on the palace. In an event known as the shattering, the capital of Dawnport went up in flames, the imperial family was butchered, and the empire was toppled.
Afterwards, Magnus appointed Baron Silver, a renowned ascendant hero of the revolution as Theras’s chosen, and placed him on the throne as Godking Baron. That was 50 years ago now and the after shock from the coup is still being felt. The arcane universities were closed, and elven aristocrats returned home, west across the Syrenian Sea. The Sultan of Garakel to the south sent diplomats and emissaries to seek a mmore profitable trade agreement, and the dwarves of the Iron Union opened their halls and their forges, greeting their new neighbors with open arms and carts of precious metals, arms, and armor. Inside the Ascendancy, things continue to change as well. The few remaining Andrian loyalists, mostly dragonborn house guards are hunted criminals, and worship of the old pagan gods has been strictly forbidden. Arcane magic is strictly controlled and limited, and arcane universities have been outlawed. According to the priests, if one wishes to wield magic, they should draw their power from Theras, any other source of magic is heretical black magic, and is barely tolerated. One authoritarian government has simply been replaced by another, only this one feeds the public honeyed words about Theras and holiness, while keeping their darker deeds hidden.
But things across the world are brewing as well. The cold war between the high elves of Valyria and the Silver Ascendancy is heating up. The mysterious shifters are coming from the West to settle on the continent. There’s rumor that Karth and his drow corsairs are on the cusp of finding a powerful necromantic artifact that will allow them to reclaim their home. The dwarves talk of a powerful infernal force building in the caverns of the underdark, as the new duergar deepking tests their defenses. The goblin hordes of the Wrathlands have begun organizing, reports claiming the formation of a force greater than ever faced before. In the frigid north, the Norgan tribes push South, whispering of something awoken in the ice, and a self proclaimed King of the North is attempting unification. In the merchant republic of Moreva, a tabaxi pirate and merchant seeks to build an army and reclaim his ancestral homeland from the drow. These name only a few of the great conflicts brewing in the world. Things are changing, and something big is coming.

Below is information about the different races of the world of Nymera.Sorry for the wall of text, but I wanted to be thorough. Feel free to just jump to what’s relevant for your character.

The Application I’m looking for 4 - 6 players, starting at level 3, using 27 point buy. This is what I’m looking for:
  • Name: Pretty straightforward
  • Race: Anything official/included in the list above. Any other UA or homebrew, run by me first.
  • Class: all official material + bloodhunter + artificer
  • Background: What’d you do before you were an adventurer?
  • Alignment: Just as a guideline.
  • Personality: 1 -2 paragraphs on how your character thinks and acts, feel free to use the traits, ideals, etc, but they’re not a requirement.
  • Appearance: 1-2 paragraphs on your characters appearance. I like written description over pictures.
  • History: 1-2 paragraph minimum, go into detail about your character’s life until this point. This is perhaps the most important part of the application, I love a compelling backstory.
  • RP Sample: Since you’ve known your traveling companions for some time now, write a scene showing a defining moment in your relationship with the character in the application before yours. First applicant just make something up. This could be a touching talk or moment, a narrow victory, the first time you met, etc. Just so long as it establishes a prior history with another character.
  • Crew Member: For this portion, I want you to create a single crew member, and give me a short write up about them, and why your character chose to hire them. I’m only looking for a few sentences to a paragraph here. The crew member can be an officer, deckhand, marine, cabin boy, or anyone else you could think of that your character had a good feeling about and chose to hire. Should your character not be accepted, this crew member will likely still appear in game.

Thanks for your interest, and for reading this far. I know this is a lot of information.

DEADLINE: Tuesday, December 4th @11:59 PM CT

Last edited by Vicorin; 11-29-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:52 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 205
Dorack Dorack Dorack
Wow! A sailing adventure! It's like Christmas morning! I will draft asap cap'n!
Old 11-14-2018, 10:26 AM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 162
Odyssey Odyssey
Woah cool! Sailing adventures are so fun!
Old 11-14-2018, 10:57 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 540
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Application: Serene Cloud
right-aligned image
Name: Serene Cloud
Race: Tabaxi
Class: Rogue (Swashbuckler)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Entertainer
  • Traits: I know a story relevant to almost every situation
    Whenever I come to a new place, I collect local rumors and spread gossip.
  • Ideal: Creativity: The world is in need of new ideas and bold action. (Chaotic)
  • Bond: I will do anything to prove myself superior to my hated rival.
  • Flaw: A scandal prevents me from ever going home again. That kind of trouble seems to follow me around.
Personality:
Cloud is a proud, confident and always enthusiastic fella. He is garrulous, gregarious and generous, often to a fault. His curiosity is insatiable, so he sometimes comes off as nosy, but he is confident in his ability to win over anyone who seems to take offence.

Appearance:
Cloud is a handsome chap, even if he does say so himself. His silver-white fur and delicate striping are always immaculately groomed, and he stands tall with a proud bearing.

History:
Being born into a travelling troupe of entertainers in Moreva, Cloud was trained from an early age to join his kin as acrobats, but his heart was never really in it. In fact, what he really wanted was to be a star of the stage. He revered the actors in the troupe and tried to emulate their every move. He learned the lines of the great plays and practiced every day to get a chance to play even a minor part. Unfortunately, there are very few tabaxi parts in the plays. Nevertheless, he never gave up on his ambition.

When he was sixteen a man called Roflett approached him with an offer of a job. He said that he had a part for Cloud to play, but not in a play, this would be in real life and, even better, was vital to the security of the entire kingdom. Cloud bade his troupe a temporary farewell and set off with this stranger, sure that his time had come.

The job, as it turned out, was to act as a pirate trying to rally the tabaxi to retake their homeland. He thought the job strange, but went along, because a job is a job, after all. He found that the audiences started to grow and grow, and they would become ever more wild. He started to believe his own hype and the character was starting to take over, but he was okay with that.

He met a female called Nine Trees, who fell in love with him. She joined his cause and helped to organise the rallies, and after a while he began to feel quite tender towards her too. It was then that Roflett struck. It was the biggest rally yet, and Roflett swooped in with a whole battalion of troops and arrested everyone there, Nine Trees included, for sedition.

Cloud was distressed and tried to talk Roflett out of it, but the human just laughed in his face. "This was the plan all along, surely you aren’t stupid enough not to have seen it?" Cloud would never admit to being stupid, but he really hadn’t seen it. He slipped out in the night and took to the road, determined to leave Moreva forever. As he travelled, though, he heard the few tabaxi he met talking of the charismatic pirate who was working to help the tabaxi to get their home back. He hung his head and held his tail between his legs in shame.

But then he heard there was another rally happening in the next town. He attended in the hopes of seeing the new chump that Roflett had roped in (and to gauge how much worse at it he was compared to Cloud). There was an electric atmosphere in the rally. Everyone was chanting and hopping around. When the tabaxi came out to talk to them the noise was unbelievable. Cloud stayed near the exit, ready to duck out when the soldiers came, but they never did. He hung around after the rally ended hoping to catch a glimpse of Roflett, but the man never appeared.

RP Sample:
Meeting the dwarf, Thormyr Wrenbeard
"Grrow, will this water ever stop?"

The tabaxi was crouched, shivering, in a cave, or more of an alcove in the rock, as the storm raged all around. The wind was whipping the rain all around, so half the time it would still be coming in and blasting Cloud in the face.

He would much rather have sheltered at the inn, about eight miles down the road, but the people there had turned out to be a little less than friendly. They had started to look at tabaxi with mistrust, thinking that the cat-people were getting too independent, getting ideas above their station. All Cloud had wanted was a seat in front of a warm fire, some good food and, most of all, good company. He yearned to share stories with new people, to joke and banter and wile away the darkest hours of the storm with distractions. But here he was.

He shivered through the night, and the pink light of the dawn illuminated ragged clouds fast dispersing. Cloud stood, and stretched, and peeled off his clothes so that he could rid himself of the damp in his fur. It took some time, but eventually he was once again ready to be on the road, which wound its way along the coast. As he walked he noticed that the storm had deposited flotsam all along the beaches. He paused and looked carefully around. Nobody was watching. More importantly, nobody was there to claim the loot.

Cloud made his way down to the beach and started picking through the things which had washed up. It was mostly broken bits of timber and ropes, so with a heavy heart he surmised that it must have been a ship wrecked in the storm. He poked at a cracked barrel, turned over some planks, got briefly excited in finding a crate which seemed intact half-buried in the sand, but turned out to only be the top half.

And then there was movement.

Up ahead he saw a dwarf staggering off the beach. Cloud froze, wondering what to do. Once again he looked around, seeing nobody else. With a shrug he turned and ran inland until he came to the road. He turned and ran along the road in the direction in which he had seen the dwarf. The road went up a slight hill, so by the time he heard the dwarf, puffing and grumbling as he tried to surmount a sand-bank, he was standing high above him, which exaggerated their height difference.

Cloud watched him climbing and hesitated. What should he do? Perhaps this dwarf was rich and would reward Cloud for rescuing him? He shook his head, the dwarf had clearly already rescued himself, but maybe he would value information about these lands; Cloud could offer his services as a guide!

"I couldn’t help noticing that you have lost your boat, good dwarf. But you are fortunate’ though there are sharks aplenty in these lands, you have found yourself a dolphin. One happy to guide you to wherever you need to go."

The dwarf stopped, still several feet below the top of the sandbank and just stared at Cloud.

"Of course, I’m not actually a dolphin. That was merely poetic licence. I am, as you see, a tabaxi. A proud member of that race. And we, as a people, why we are well-known for helping out strangers."

The dwarf continued to stare.

"Be assured, you can put your trust in me, good sir. I just happened to be passing and thought to offer you a hand."

"Then offer yer hand!" the dwarf snarled.

"Ah, of course," said Cloud, leaning down and gripping the dwarf by the forearm and helping him the last couple of feet up to the top.

"Now quit yer yapping and point me to the nearest town!"

Cloud sighed. He supposed, all things considered, that he too would be grumpy if he had just had his ship ripped out from underneath him and spent the night in the sea.

Crew Member:
Cyrene Musslegruffin
Cloud met Cyrene on the road as they each were heading to an inn for the night. They struck up a conversation and found that they had lots in common, so much so that their conversation continued long after they had arrived at the inn. Cyrene was a fairly talented singer, and she arranged to perform at the inn to pay for her lodging and supper. The halfling stood in front of that crowd of indifferent travellers and conjured a song of such simple beauty that every conversation died instantly. All were transfixed, including Cloud. She accepted her applause and took a break, during which Cloud offered to accompany her on the viol. From then on the two travelled around together, performing wherever they could.

They had thought that perhaps this could be the seed of a new troupe, but it was difficult to find new performers to join. In order to make ends meet they settled into a permanent gig in Dawnsport, but some bigoted locals took exception to the tabaxi, and so Cloud decided to sneak off and join the crew of a ship, and left Cyrene to continue the gig, which had turned out to be quite lucrative for her. She never really forgave him for leaving, so when he ended up back in Dawnsport looking for crew she wouldn’t take ’no’ for an answer and joined up.

Cyrene is a musician and singer, and she is also a passable cook, so she takes care of the food an entertainment aboard the Skipper.

Last edited by Lazer; 11-15-2018 at 06:26 AM.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:56 AM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1990
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Now, this sounds like tons of fun!
Old 11-14-2018, 11:57 AM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6536
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Kyrianna
left-aligned image
Name: Kyrianna Ranskahd

Race: Human

Class: Warlock - Patron - The Raven Queen

Background: Far Traveler

Alignment: CG

Personality: Kyrianna is very inquisitive and prefers to be in, or at least next to a fight should one break out. On one hand she seems to have a thing for death and even watching people and things die, but on the other hand she has an extreme hatred for intelligent undead. She has a want and desire to grown in knowledge of the arcane, seeking out artifacts and places of such wonder. The inquisitive nature is of her own volition, and the death fascination is from her Patron.

Appearance: Kyrianna stands 6'2" tall with Ebony hair, light blue eyes, and fair skin. She wears no armor and fitting clothes. She's quite shapely and fetching, and there always seems to be a Raven on her shoulder. She looks at you with a pleasant gaze that seems to say she could smile at any moment.

History: Kyri hails from the Morevian Islands, and her demeanor and reactions to things are a telltale sign of this. She was born into an extended family for wives and husbands, all who worked the Bazaars of the Isles. She knows who her mother is, but her father she never tried to narrow down from more than three men. Individuality and Freedom were expressed, encouraged and embraced in her upbringing of making your own way. Morality, and the sense what is right and wrong always bent around what was best for the family as a whole and business. She has been on and around ships her whole life and striking out with a group.
She began delving into things magical from an early age, and while down playing on the rocky shore where a murder or crows, or a congress or Ravens if you prefer were gathered en masse. She felt a kinship to the group and day after day she returned and fed them and let them hop around and on her as they investigated whatever it is she was writing or listened while she played her flute.
After a rain, she was atop a large rock with the Raven's while writing and slipped as she got up. She fell and called out with all she had in her, "Save me", and the Ravens dove under her in such numbers that they slowed her descent and laid her on the rocks below.

It suddenly seemed darker and that was when her Patron, the Raven Queen, appeared. She offered guidance, adventure, magical power, and in return only a small measure of allegiance and occasionally obedience. Kyri accepted, and he Spirit Raven appeared. They've been inseparable ever since.

RP Sample: She was young and her heart was an open book. She used to say, live and let live.
It was a day like this in the Bazaar when she watched the small troupe perform in the open square. They were giving a short bit to invite all to a larger show in the evening. A particular Tabaxi was performing an oratory and wasn't getting a lot of excitement for the moment. Kyrianna stepped up and added the ambiance when Serene Cloud spoke of the weather, and of how one looked by playing her flute in jovial or ominous tones.
When the short skit was over they talked and laughed, the two. It was an amicable alliance, she gave him and his troupe inroads into the local society and those that frequented the Bazaars that included travelers and merchants from afar. He gave her a larger view into a larger world.

"Serene", she said quietly into his ear as he was about to go on stage one evening. She had appeared out of nowhere, somehow sneaking up on the Tabaxi, not an easy feat. She seemed distressed, and she was both dirty, and wet. It looked as if she had been washed ashore near death.
Tabaxi had waved her off, saying they'd talk after. She pressed him, saying, "It's all different now. I want to know if you can still be my friend." Serene looked at her again, and noted a dark Raven on her shoulder. It wasn't scared, didn't react to movements, and seemed to somehow now be a part of her.
She said, "Meet me at the crow rock, after your show."

Later, when he showed up at the Crow rock overlooking the sea, she came up on the trail behind him, about 20' away. She waved and then somehow darkness closed in on her and she disappeared. In a moment she was behind him, the crow on her shoulder.
"I'm afraid", she said. "I've... taken a path that..." She explained to him that she was now beholden to the Raven Queen, and how her dreams of knowing magic on one level had come true, but on another level it was quite scary.
He had reassured her and they remained friends. She narrowly missed throwing in with him on the pirate thing, and it was probably fortunate that she had.
After, they had met up and traveled and adventured together ever since. To this day, only he knows of her encounter with the Raven Queen and that this is where her arcane abilities flow from.

Crew Member: Foster - He is a half-elven sailor of many seasoned years. He also hails from the Morevian Isles. He is an excellent navigator and knows all the ins and outs of sailing, from crews to cargo, to both the reputable and the seedy side of having ones sea legs. He could be a Captain, first mate, or Navigator.
Kyrianna first met Foster when she was young and he often found himself in her port isle. She gave him inroads to the Bazaar, like who to avoid and who could get him a deal with thing she knew. He, in turn, got introduced to her extended family, and both sides enjoyed the business contacts and extra coin.
She lost touch with him after that, but upon getting the ship dropped into her and her friends laps, she knew he was in town, so she found him and offered him a job.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 12-04-2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:10 PM
The knight who says "ni"

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1178
Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
High Seas action! Contemplating an application. Especially since 4 games I'm in have died over the past week or so.
In my totally unbiased opinion, you should do it.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:16 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 205
Dorack Dorack Dorack
APP in WIP state (English is second language so please forgive any typos)

Name: Dabmis “Stormy” Allgenndann
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Sorcerer, Storm Sorcery
Background: Sailor or maybe Urchin? (from street rat in Morave to sailor of the seas)
Alignment: Chaotic good
Personality: (WIP)

Appearance:

History:

RP Sample: (WIP) If it’s ok with the DM, I’ll wait for a second application and write the sample with it. Agree?

Crew member: WIP, but I'm picturing a tortle mess master (cook)
Old 11-14-2018, 02:49 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1248
Dvorak Dvorak Dvorak Dvorak Dvorak Dvorak Dvorak Dvorak Dvorak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
High Seas action! Contemplating an application. Especially since 4 games I'm in have died over the past week or so.
How many games are you in?!
Old 11-14-2018, 03:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1458
Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos
Sounds interesting now which artificer class are you allowing since there are so many?

Are you a Pathfinder GM? Join the team at Eternity's End
Old 11-14-2018, 03:35 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1990
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Application Status - SUBMITTED FOR CONSIDERATION

Yuxuk
left-aligned image
Name: Yuxuk
Race: Lizardman
Alignment: True Neutral
Class: Druid - Circle of the Land (Swamp)
Background: Pirate (Slaver)
Role on Ship: Quartermaster (Navigator)

Personality: To spend time with Yuxuk, one would think that he is cold and calculated. Unfortunately, very few voluntarily spend time with him outside of his shipmates. As a lizardman, he is shunned in society, and he has accepted that he would never fully be welcomed in Dawnsport. But, he ventures forth and has a mannerisms and world views that seems foreign to others.

Yuxuk measures every situation, interaction, or event with a 'flight or fight' evaluation. His innate driving force of survival above all else drives him. He is disdainful of the weak and those who cannot fend for themselves. As a means of survival, he sees them as prey. Not necessarily, prey for eating, but even prey to use to for his own well being. In his mannerism and speech, he is 'even keeled.' He shows very little emotion, and he doesn't 'open up' to those he does not know well.

However, his time aboard many a ship had taught him that every sailor has a place and a duty to the ship. For the betterment of the vessel, all should work together in harmony and in unison. He does what he is told and follows the laws of the sea and the ship to the letter. He does so because he must in order to..survive.

Appearance: Yuxuk is a tall and formidable lizardman. He stands six feet, one inch tall and weighs about two hundred pounds. His skin is dark green with a shade of grey. He could blend into nearly any forested surroundings, and in the swamp, he is nearly undetectable. His time with the Shadowscales have afforded him additional rank based on his leadership of the various raiding parties. The mark of Yzaqotl has been tattooed on him in a yellowish-green color on his chest letting all know that Yuxuk is under his protection and fights for Yzaqotl's favor.

Yuxuks eyes are yellowish and have a distinct reptilian nature to them. They could even be called dragon eyes. From his head are horned protrusions that resemble those of an iguana. His skin is thick and rough which allows him natural protection in lieu of the armor of softskins.

History:

Roleplay Example:

Crew Member: Grangrek Largechin (Dwarf) - Gangrek was a fellow navigator aboard The Skipper, however, he did not have the years of experience that Yuxuk had. His knowledge of the land was superior to most, and he was able to recognize locations based on landmarks, natural vegetation, and waterways. This was most helpful when venturing into uncharted waters. Yuxuk also appreciated the no nonsense nature of the dwarf. You knew where you stood in his eyes, and he carried little about what others thought of him of what he did. Both of these traits drew the lizardman towards Gangrek as his knowledge of the land ensured furthur survival of the boat, and his personality was much like Yuxuk's.

Posting Rate: Maximum: Many times per workday (M-F CST). Only once or twice on weekends; Minimum: once per day during workday, none on weekends.

Last edited by Shaede; 11-26-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:45 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 81
KhamLuc
"Place Holder"

Name: Ryess "DoC"
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric
*Background: Charlantan
Alignment: Neutral
*Personality: ( i will develop soon )
*Appearance: Ryess got a Silly eye look that your not sure if he's insane or if he just know what his doing. Even with that suspicius look, he never has done a plan that doesn't finish well... Hmmm ...Well meaning after he finnish fixing it. Always wearing his prefered Breastplate that is scratch an taint with many different unspellable goo. he love to wear his two protecting glove that let him put his hand where he not supppose to. ( i will develop soon )
*History: ( i will develop soon )

Crew Member: Timi "Gnome" - Helmsman: always snitching other : see everything, but never talk back ... he prefere communicate with gesture. not affraid of height, very good skill on climbing he your man to scout anything in time of need. you can have spot him do the famous sign " I'm watching U" to Ryess at the time of audition for the job. When Ryess suggest him for the job he give him back the same 1'm watching U 2" move with an unhappy look in his face... even if that has only a glymp of that rare nonsatisfactional emotion
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ryess DoC.png
Views:	4
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	78341  

Last edited by KhamLuc; 11-16-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:03 PM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 195
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds
APPLICATION COMPLETE
Character Application
Name: Fonnereaux
right-aligned image

Race: Dragonborn
Class: Warlock (Pact of the Tome)
Background: Outlander
Alignment: Lawful Neutral (Fonnereaux acts in accordance with Pharos' will. He strives to find a new life for the dragonborn in his care)
Personality: Cool as a cucumber, Fonnereaux seems to weather any new situation with stoic practicality. He seems eternally unperturbed, and no matter how bad a situation gets he can reason his way to a potential solution. Those who know him attribute it to his old age, having seen so much of the world. Which is partly true. Mostly, he just knows whatever he encounters won't be as bad as his deep-seeded fear. The one thing that he never lets on to, the nightmare that visits him in the dark of night: the inevitable and final extinction of his species.

Dragonborn were borne of necessity, guardians to House Andris. However, in the last fifty years despite being hunted and exterminated like rats they have found a new purpose; life on their own terms. Fonnereaux is prepared to do anything and everything to prevent what is left of his people from perishing, and anything else he has to deal with along the way is just small potatoes.

Appearance: Fonnereaux definitely appears old at first glance, even for a dragonborn which may be hard to judge age for some of the other races. His scales have begun to crack and flake at the edges and the copper gleam that gave voice to his ancestry has faded into a dull grey-orange. He wears traveling robes that are somewhat voluminous, yet don't seem to hinder him at sea or on land. The storm flaps on his shoulders showcase two halves of a sunburst.

Despite all this, he continues to exude a strength and serenity that belies his age. Fonn stands tall at just over six feet and retains a spry agility that rivals many of his younger traveling companions. Some say his dexterity is attributed to a deal he made with an ancient and powerful being to prolong his life for some unknown reason, but this is just rumor and speculation, even among those he calls friends. His most readily definable characteristic is his left eye. Damaged beyond repair, a short scar runs just an inch or two above and below, and the eye itself has gone milky white from disuse.

Crew Member: Sumzirra Mushad, Human, 39 years old
Zirra hails from the Garakel Empire, far to the south. She has a deep tan and an exotic, oblong face with green, almond-shaped eyes that many find alluring and attractive. Her loose, flowing top shows just enough of a large chest tattoo to evoke questions and stares, but that is a secret she has not shared with any of her shipmates yet. A strange quirk she has is she always eats like its her last meal. The one tale she is not afraid to tell, and tell often, is how she stabbed her ex-husband when he became abusive and ran from her hometown. She has been serving on ships ever since and she enjoys it thoroughly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fonnereaux.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	78329  

Last edited by MoldyNolds; 11-15-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:22 PM
Court Jester

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8252
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
Are you allowing the UA Revised Ranger?

If so, I'll probably be applying with an Archer.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3183
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
What are the dimensions of The Skipper? How many levels/decks are there? How many masts? Does it correspond to one of the ship types mentioned in the content you linked?

how is starting equipment handled?

Does this world have airships?

Last edited by anamiac; 11-14-2018 at 11:07 PM.