RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Open Roleplaying > Iron DM Stadium > Iron DM 2018 > Archive
twitter google facebook
4 2 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 02:06 AM
I'm a Helper!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14496
Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom
Round 3 Match 2: Atua vs. Unko Talok

Round 3 Match 2: Atua vs. Unko Talok

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Herald
right-aligned image
The Herald opens a great iron door for Unko Talok and gestures for the contestant to follow him. “You have reached the Semi Finals, though only just barely. You will regret that by the time you are through here I am sure.” Passing through several onyx halls, the two eventually reach Atua, adding the second contestant to their convoy. As they walk, the Herald lectures the two on the history of Iron DM, “In times past, the contest was done in a mere 24 hours. Think on this when you feel like you do not have enough time. The Chairman in his infinite wisdom eventually granted dispensation for longer cooking times, but time remains an integral part of this timeless contest.”

Leading the pair up a winding staircase the three eventually come to a room filled with iron gears, metal clocks, and an omnipresent ticking that would drive anyone mad. The Herald continues, Thus why I have brought you here. Time does not function the same here as it does other places, sometimes faster, sometimes slower. Now that you have arrived in the semi finals, you shall not escape... no matter the time, or if you leave in victory or defeat. Never fear though, the unassailable judges:

• HenryLockwood
  • MoonZar
  • Bade
  • and Possibly More!
Shall mark well your time and your progress. Your fate, as always, will hinge on your use of the following ingredients:
  • A Red Nosed Hobgoblin
  • A Feline General
  • The Plane of Fire
  • An Ancient Text
  • A Toothache
The bonus ingredients for this round are:
  • A Place to Play
  • The Cleaver of Conjoining
Let the Dungeon Mastering....BEGIN!!
Rules
  • You are to write an adventure using the five items / concepts above. You can also use any of the bonus ingredients you wish to. All rules found here are to be followed.
  • The guidelines for the Judges' scoring can be found here.
  • The entry is to be no longer than 2,500 words, which includes *everything* you put into the post. Judges are instructed to stop reading at that time, or to deduct points if you go over. The use of a spell check and word counter is highly recommended.
  • Please make a simple post in this thread when you first read it, to let the judges know have seen it, and that you are on board. It doesn't have to be anything more than "read!", or something like that! Do not edit this post after making it; when it comes time to post your entry, do that in a second, separate post.
  • You have 7 days from the time this post is made to complete and submit your entry (in a new post; don't edit your first post!). It is not expected that you use all this time - the extra time has been given to ensure that, no matter what your timezone, your schedule, your sleep habits, your work or student life, or emergencies that could crop up, you should have ample time to complete your entry. Posting when you are done, and not waiting until the end, is also recommended, and rewarded.
  • You should post your entry into this thread within the generous timeframe, and ensure it is secreted (to the above judges) and spoilerbuttoned. Feel free to also PM your judges to let them know you have posted, if you wish. (DO NOT PM them your entry - just let them know your entry is submitted). If your post is not made within the 7 days, you will be automatically disqualified. If you have issues, be sure to PM or hvg3akaek at gmail dot comemail hvg3akaek *before* your round is closed.
  • Once posted, do not edit your entry. The use of the "preview" function is thus also highly recommended.

Last edited by hvg3akaek; 11-19-2018 at 03:24 AM.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:36 PM
Who shall we kill today?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5356
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Unko Talok is becoming more and more lucid from his concussion as the days stretch into weeks and the contest continues. It was made abundantly clear that he had only just clawed through the last round. He almost thought the Herald was being a little mean about it. But that was probably the concussion speaking. Probably. As the Herald lead Unko and Atua to the next chamber, Unko sized up his competition. The fellow looked formidable. Whether Unko lost or won, this would be tough. "Congratulations on making it this far, friend. May fate give us each what we deserve."

The discussion of time and stress didn't do much for Unko's increasing anxiety, and the ticking of the clock was already grating on his nerves. But there was nothing he could do about it. "A shorter time almost seems more merciful," he muses. The grass is always greener when you're dealing with eternal imprisonment in the land of Iron DM.

Unko looked over the ingredients, including the bonuses, and sighed. This wouldn't be easy. But he reached for the objects and began wordlessly working at something that might please the judges. Perhaps it was time to set Zharat aside. Or perhaps not.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:47 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1310
Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua
Atua stands there, beyond exhaustion, the flash of lightning and rumble of thunder an omnipresent threat to him and Auron. When the judgement was called, a visible shudder rushed through him, but then Atua noticed the swirling vortex above.

“What? No! You cannot do this. Auron tried, your saw the dish yourself. Surely that was enough for if not progress, at least some sort of reprieve.” Atua’s pleas though fall on deaf ears as the other contestant is sent to a place beyond imagining.

Well, if Auron cannot survive, I can at least take this amber pendant, and the Topaz one of the fallen before him and hold them close. I hope your death is not in vain

Atua adds the two other pendants to the two he already possesses and feels the weight of them. Though small, they weigh him down with a gravity that reflects the situation he is in.

No sooner had Atua retrieved the pendant that he looks up to see the Herald again, and beside him the look of a fresh face. After the brief silence the newcomer voices his thoughts.

“I thank you for the praise but feel it is empty, seeing the results of the others we have faced. Yourself deserves no less though, for you have faced just as many as I and have survived.”

Atua walks silently for another moment then grabs the arm of the other, “Don’t you see, there is no end to this madness, we must flee at once. We could find a way out I’m sure you and I. To remain is folly.” Then Atua brings out his brochure, the piece of parchment with wonderous locations and fine food “This is what I got, do you see. This place is nothing like what they advertise. There is a menace here, I can feel it, if not see it. The fallen seem to fuel this being, I don’t know how, but it is the only thing that makes sense. You heard the name mentioned by the Herald, ‘The Chairman’.... He is behind this for his own nefarious purposes. We must get away before we are too late.”

Just as Atua says this though, The Herald speaks and Atua finds himself within another arena, one with gears and whirring wheels, and then his head falls. I am too late it seems, once again I must duel. With a slow step, Atua walks over to the ingredients table and morosely inspects the tools of his destruction, or his salvation.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:30 PM
Who shall we kill today?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5356
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok

Last edited by hvg3akaek; 11-25-2018 at 08:57 PM. Reason: revealing entry!
Old 11-25-2018, 09:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1310
Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua

Last edited by hvg3akaek; 11-25-2018 at 08:57 PM. Reason: revealing entry!
Old 11-26-2018, 02:39 PM
MoonZar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20169
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
MoonZar Judging
Round 3; Match 2: Atua vs. Unko Talok

Good job both of you, it was exciting to read! Good luck, my vote is in.

Last edited by Ion2Atom; 12-04-2018 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:18 PM
The Crawling Chaos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13295
Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade

Old 11-30-2018, 03:49 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30203
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak

And my vote goes to

Old 11-30-2018, 04:31 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16346
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan

Old 12-04-2018, 12:31 AM
I'm a Helper!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14496
Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom
The omnipresent ticking ceases as the Herald throws open an iron door to re-enter the room. "Auron tried you say? There is no try in Iron DM. Only do or not do. This what we demand from all contestants." Under its black and tattered hood the Herald snorts and scoffs, "You say it is folly to remain, but I say it was folly to enter in the first place. Now you are here it is not so easy to escape, and madness may very well be a the reprieve you hope for."

"Thus I am here to deliver judgements. Unko Talok. Atua. You have both fought bravely, but the panel has ruled that Unko Talok shall be the one sentenced to the final round of Iron DM. Never fear though, the Chairman is largely benevolent provided the crowd is entertained to his satisfaction. This is why, Atua, you will be given two favors on this day of defeat. First, you shall be allowed to A Match for 3rd placebleed for the crowd once more. Please the crowd, and you shall please the Chairman. Secondly, in recognition of your accomplishments thus far, you may Do this in OOC, or we can make the selection on your behalf.Select the stone you cede to your opponent. Be it a bane, or a boon, is for you to decide."

"Unko Talok, I shall leave you to the depths of silence for a time. Call it an opportunity to marshal your thoughts. You received the single highest score in the Semi-Finals, but the last challenge shall stretch you to the limits."

Gesturing towards the door, the Herald indicates that Auta should precede him down the passage. "The Crowd awaits!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Record
With a display of pure literary power, Unko Talok wins the second match of the Semi-Finals to advanced to the final round of Iron DM!

Last edited by Ion2Atom; 12-04-2018 at 12:37 AM.
Closed Thread