User Statistics
RPXP: 26
Song
Dusk

Game NameDusk
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeMini War Between PCs
FlavourClassic Dungeon Crawls, With PCs as the enemy
Plot SummaryFor over seven hundred years, the empire of Gathil had lived in power. Founded under the gentle hands, and iron fists of six legendary adventurers, it quickly became the one, and only, ruler of the land. The secret of their power lied in seven mythical artifacts, known as the Keys of Dominion. With sole ownership of the Keys, and their own powerful magics, Gathil quickly encompassed the world. For seven hundred years, they have watched over and guided us.

However, over the years, they began to die. First was Krug the Mighty, who died of old age. Then Derril the Steadfast, felled by an assassin's blade. Over the hundreds of years since Gathil's founding, five of the six have fallen, each taking one of the keys with them to the grave. Only Quindithas the Wise remained. Knowing his approaching demise, he made a decision. Gathil could not fall, and he made sure of this. The sixth key, like the others, he would take to his grave, but the seventh key would be given to those he deemed worthy. For this, a grand arena was constructed.

One month ago, Quindithas met his final rest, and the race began. None were to be turned away from the Arena, only warned of its dangers. None who have entered have returned. None have even gotten halfway through. In the face of this obstacle, two groups have formed. Officially, only the Paragons of Light exist, a group of hero's, and generally good people. They wish to use the keys to bring about an empire of good, and justice. Opposing them is the underground organisation collectively known as the Shadow Dancers, who's goals go little farther than profit.

Each has gathered a group of five adventurers to serve as their champions, and challenge the Arena. These champions are you.
InfoWelcome to dusk. This campaign takes place in a completely homebrew world, which has one major twist. For this campaign, I will be recruiting 2 groups. That's right, two groups. One of these groups will be working for the Paragons, and one will be working for the dancers, and there is a fairly large chance these two groups will meet, and even fight. This however does not mean that you can apply twice. One character, one group, one player. Other than that, all sourcebooks are available for use, UA and Homebrew on a case by case basis.

Oh, and wait till there's a dice thread before you roll dice.

If you have any questions, please ask.
AppsIn your app please include:
Your name
Your race
Your class
Your background
Your alignment
Which group you are in
A picture of your character
A description of your character's personality
A description of your character's past
And finally a RP sample.

If you have all 10, you will be marked as complete in the app table. If you do not, you will not.

Last edited by Song; 11-23-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:09 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Song
The Paragons of Light
PlayerNameRaceClassBackgroundAlignmentStatus
Professor PirateAdrian HargraveHuman (Variant)ClericSoldierNeutral GoodComplete
Seekr34Gauther ThuliagaGoliathFighterOutlanderChaotic GoodComplete
TheCatGodd3ssRoszy LuFreed FamiliarWizardSageChaotic NeutralWIP
HandsOfBlueAlatheaElfSorcererCourtierChaotic GoodWIP
KhamLucRyessHuman (Varient)Rouge Neutral GoodWIP

The Shadow Dancers
PlayerNameRaceClassBackgroundAlignmentStatus
penbeast0Angela DolHuman (Variant)WarlockUrchinChaotic NeutralComplete
AlemarRamar ColdstreamHuman (Variant)FighterNobleLawful NeutralComplete
DAquilinaAthena "Dusk" LightbringerHuman (Variant)BarbarianPirateChaotic NeutralComplete
RylusVictor HexHuman (Variant)Wizard/MonkUrban Bounty HunterNeutral EvilWIP
VoodoozombieNomadYuan-Ti Pureblood Far TravelerNeutral EvilWIP

Last edited by Song; Yesterday at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:51 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35362
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Starting level? Alignment restrictions?
Old 11-23-2018, 08:35 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 311
Professor Pirate Professor Pirate Professor Pirate Professor Pirate
I'm down for a little dungeon crawl / pvp

Your name: Adrian Hargrave
Your race: Human (Variant)
Your class: Cleric
Your background: Soldier
Your alignment: Neutral Good
Which group you are in: Paragons of Light

A picture of your character

A description of your character's personality: Adrian is a calm presence in a field of chaos. Quiet and reserved he speaks only when he feels he can add to a conversation.

A description of your character's past: Hargrave is a battlefield cleric. He's spent his days roaming the fields of blood, saving those he can and giving peace to those beyond his abilities. He came by his vows after serving as a soldier himself so he's acutely aware of the feelings and fears and dreams of men in the midst of combat. His first priority is always to protect his compatriots and after that to get everyone out alive.

And finally an RP sample: Here, after the battle was over the fields on which there had been so much screaming and shouting and the den of war was now silent. Not even the crows of the Ravens were present which was in and of itself errie. Hargrave wandered the battle lines checking the bodies for any signs of life. As he came across each new dead he knelt and offered a prayer for their soul before marking them to be picked up and buried. It wasn't a glorious duty, many would send the peasant priests to do the job but Hargrave insisted on doing it himself. If these men were going to offer the last full measure of themselves here the least he could do was observe their sacrifice and honor their memory.
Once his duty was done he sat in the medical tent the wounded softly moaning or snoring a buzz in the back of his ear as he finished his final observance pulling out the massive iron-bound tome he kept chained to his waist to record the fight and the deeds he'd witnessed firsthand during the fighting.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1359
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevonian View Post
That would be very helpful
Old 11-24-2018, 02:14 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 181
MadDokMike MadDokMike
will you be supporting the revised range from UA ?

Will you be supporting the plane shift amonkhet races (I think this is official wizard of the coast material. ) ?

What will the expected post rate be ?
Old 11-24-2018, 05:58 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Song
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevonian View Post
The characters will be starting at 6th level. They have some definite experience, and have just begun to really make a name for themselves. However, for the most part, they're still experienced enough that they're relatively easy to hire.
As for alignment restrictions, the Paragons of Light will not accept those of an evil alignment into their ranks, and the Shadow Dancers will not accept those who are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDokMike View Post
will you be supporting the revised range from UA ?

Will you be supporting the plane shift amonkhet races (I think this is official wizard of the coast material. ) ?

What will the expected post rate be ?
Yes, I will support the revised ranger.
As for Amonkhet, most people seem to not have a clue whether or not it is official. However, for this campaign, it will be treated as official material.
The expected post rate will be at every other day. This is entirely due to the fact that there are two groups, not the standard 1.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1359
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Name: Gauther Thuliaga
Race: Golaith
Class: Fighter
Background: Outlander
Alignment: CG
Group: Paragon
Appearance: He Stands at 8 feet tall, green eyes, shaved head. His skin is gray and his body looks like it has been carved from mountain stone, making him look like a walking mountain. Armed with a maul and chainmail, he looks like a force to be reckon with indeed.
Picture: [IMG][/IMG]

Personality: Pretty easy going and as with his people,, very competitive, almost on everything, but over time, he realize that other races lived longer because even though they may be competitive, they didn't go way overboard like the Goliaths. While his people age the same as humans, his people rarely lived to old age. So he would watch and learn, maybe, just maybe, he could go back home and tell his people what he found. His people are stubborn, but he has to try.

He gets along with everyone fairly well. If they can hold their own, they have his respect. He doesn't like weaklings and cowards. He at first was disgusted with the rogues, but he learned of their uses and finally accepted them. He is pretty much like a common warrior at times, loves the tavern for their food, women and a good old fashion brawl.

Character's past: Growing up, everything was normal for Gauther, happy times as a child. When he was old enough to explore the outside world, he found that perhaps not everything was normal after all. He found that humans, who ages the same as the Goliaths, had many of their people living to old age. His people on the other hand, rarely live to see old age. When he returned home, he tried to change their way of life, but was unsuccessful. He kept trying until he was given a warning. He kept quiet for awhile, but then tried again. They had enough of his nonsense and told him to leave. Being an outcast, he left to join other adventurers time to time for various missions, be it important or self serving. He got to see the world and learned how others lived. He just wished he could persuade his people, he knows his people would benefit greatly if they did.
RP sample: (from previous game) Eyes open, blinking, seeing the sun rays thru the trees, he is confused. He stays still not knowing where he is or what happened. He then hear voices. He hears the name Corianne, he remembers her. He then realize that he is flat on his back and memories slowly comes to him. Soldiers being attacked, but not by each other, some 3rd army joined in the fray, attacking both Orinshire and Vallenfall soldiers.

he slowly sits up and unable to stiffen a groan. He turns his head, whipping it around fast, then a crack at the neck and he sighs, feeling better now. He looks around, seeing Captain Corianne. He then sees a gnome girl, then an half-elf, the way he is armored, similar to the captain, must be another paladin. He slowly gets up, his maul beside him, he uses it like a staff to lift himself up to his feet. He stretches and looks down at two others not awake yet. He recognize the drow, wondering what's he doing here. He then sees a half-orc. He looks around, seeing no one else around or moving.

"What the hell happened?" he rubs his head and shakes the cow webs out. He leans on the maul for support as he regains his bearings...

Last edited by Seekr34; 11-24-2018 at 11:46 PM. Reason: adding more
Old 11-28-2018, 07:06 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Song
Bump
Old 11-28-2018, 09:33 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 167
penbeast0 penbeast0

Angela Dol

Variant Human
Warlock
Urchin Background
CH/N
Paragons . . . in their twisted dreams; Shadow Dancers of course

PERSONALITY: If Wednesday Addams was a blond. Scared, angry, manipulative, what do you expect (see background).

BACKGROUND: Angela's father was a minister. He was ambitious and slightly corrupt, attracted to money and power and rose steadily through the ranks. Her mother died in childbirth and her father had no idea what to do with a girl child. So, on the one hand, he spoiled her with gowns and clothes; on the other he avoided too much close contact with her. But, to Angela, he was the one constant in a stream of governesses and maids who she could generally work through or around to get her way and if that didn't work, she would go to her father who would believe her and fire them.

But that still wasn't getting her the attention she craved from him. So, she looked for other avenues. He collected oddities, books in languages that couldn't be read even with magic, amulets that resisted identification, strange small idols. So, she would sneak in and study them at night, night after night, with a single-mindedness that comes from always getting her way but never getting what she needed. And, one of them spoke to her. Not with words, of course, but she felt a connection and a need that matched or exceeded her own. Unfortunately for her.

Did she kill her father and everyone else in the house? She certainly doesn't remember. But waking up alone and surrounded by death could be considered traumatizing and the thing that wasn't a voice bade her run, flee, hide. And she did. For two years, she hid, using the odd powers that rose up within her whenever she needed food, or safety, or saw something she wanted very badly. Until she met someone that didn't die, didn't fall, and who scared her enough to let herself be taken. And now that person wants her to go down into this Arena and find this key or else it will be very very bad.

She is 11 years old.

RP SAMPLE The Shiny Lady had found my sleeping spot. She was waiting when I came back. Waiting, clearly visible, well away from the entrance to give me the illusion of room to run away, to choose. She was very clean and in metal armor; her voice was quiet and warm,

"Hello. Don't worry, I'm not here to hurt you."

I didn't move, didn't want to give her the opportunity.

"Please, you must be hungry and cold. Would you like some warm soup?"

The soup smelled of barley, maybe even some meat. Good. But over the past two weeks, street kids had been missing. Runnynose, Random Tom, the bald kid who slept on the inn's chimney, none were in their usual haunts; not that they talked to me anyway, they were all afraid, as they should be.

"It's alright. I am from an order that cares for charitable cases; we have come to help you here. Are you willing to talk?"

I gave her my best shy look; the soup did smell good.

"Here, let me leave you a cup." She poured some of the soup from the pot she had into a wooden cup and set it down then backed away. But not too far away; she could still catch me if she was very quick.

"I won't harm you . . . " She was seriously starting to irritate me; no one gave nuthin for nuthin.

When I didn't move, she came to her feet . . . quick, smooth, tricky. That's when the tentacles got her. I called them up around her and as they grabbed at her, I blasted her again and again, until she quit moving.

The soup was still warm and very good.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:00 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 81
KhamLuc
Very Cool concept . I'm IN !

Character comming asap
Old 11-30-2018, 10:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 400
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
left-aligned image

Name: Ramar Coldstream

Race: Variant Human

Class: Fighter

Background: Noble

Alignment: LN

Group: Dancer

Personality: Ramar is Jovial at first, though if he feels you are losing usefulness, or begin to grate on him, he will turn cold and distant

Player's Past: Ramar is the only son to a minor noble family, as the family believed themselves to be set apart from the common folk. Even though their coffers never brimmed as they would lead others to expect, the Coldstream's were none the less welcomed in high class society, ever fearful that they would be found out and shunned back to obscurity.

RP Sample: "My Credit's still good here isn't it?" The young man asked, tilting his head towards the bartender and raising an eyebrow. His body sat on a small stool, and by all appearances it was not a comfortable position to remain in for long "Aye, it is... But your mother wont like it if the bill turns out the same as last month" The dwarf smiled gleefully as he grabbed a tankard from the shelf, and filled it from one of his unmarked casks before bringing it to his customer. His tavern had been empty for most of the day, and but not for his most faithful of patrons, he might have had to close his doors permanently. As if the mere thought of his door caused it, the heavy oak began to slowly creak open, the weight of the door straining to remain comfortably in its frame. With a speed that belied the history of his drinking, Ramar's body rose from its hunched position, his feet finding a stable stance, and his hand finding his hilt. He was unaccustomed to being interrupted in his drinking, and he did not like it when it happened. "Young Master Coldstream? You'd do well to follow us, you've been told not to be found in this district."

Last edited by Alemar; 12-01-2018 at 12:57 AM. Reason: spelling is hard
Old 11-30-2018, 11:52 PM
Troubled Poet

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12410
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
Dusk

Athena "Dusk" Lightbringer
The Rogue Element
"It may be my birthright, but I reject it wholly. If I find the bastard I'm likely to kill him myself."

Faction: Race: Sex: Class: Alignment: Background:
Shadow Dancers Variant Human Female Barbarian Chaotic Neutral Pirate

FeatureBad Reputation: My reputation precedes me, and the smallfolk know better than to get in my way.

Personality TraitDoer: I like to keep to myself, but I get things done. Point me in the right direction -- and pay me well -- and I will accomplish my task.

IdealFreedom: Destiny and birthright be damned; I make my own choices and go where I please.

BondSelf: Me first, the job second, everything else third, and my father in last.

FlawDaddy Issues: My father's zealotry lead him to torture me in the name of his god. I hate the man, and if you feel the need to bring him up then you best be ready to face my wrath.
From Dawn 'Til DuskAthena Lightbringer, daughter of Claudius Reginald Lightbringer, high paladin of the Holy Order of Athena, came into this world with a tremendous destiny on her shoulders. Her mother, already sick, died giving birth and caused Claudius to spiral into a well of despair. For forty days and forty nights he meditated while his daughter was nursed in the gentle care of the Order's acolytes. When he returned, his zeal and fervour had multiplied to the point where he became fixated on what he believed was his holy mission.

Athena was to become the next paragon of the Order. She was to fulfill the long-standing prophecy of the Holy One and bring the light of the Goddess to the darkest corners of the world. She was to be trained, taught, molded into the pure symbol of hope that this broken world needed to free itself from the clutches of barbarity and wickedness; the instrument of salvation.

And so Claudius wasted no time. Athena was hidden away, taught the rites and the scriptures. She underwent rigorous physical and mental training in the name of the Goddess. She was forced to pray, to prostrate, to sacrifice herself to the Light. She was broken and bowed, humbled and humiliated.

Until one day she decided she had had enough. As her father was absorbed in prayer, she left, taking nothing but the humble rags on her back as she ran as fast and as far as she could. Her monastic hovel disappeared in behind her, the city grew in front, and through sheer determination and not a small amount of luck she found herself on the first ship with a course to the horizon:

The Devil's Harbour.

Of course she hadn't known that the sack of grain she hid in would make its way to the hold of the most notorious pirate vessel in the region, but if she had it likely wouldn't have mattered. All that mattered was getting away, and she'd done it. When the crew finally found her, a girl of just nine years old hiding away in the supplies, it was that indomitable look in her eyes that kept them from throwing her overboard. For seven years she served. For seven years she fought; she trained; she learned of the world beyond the confines of her father's wishes. For seven years she vowed that she would get her revenge, and when the last of the Six breathed their last, she knew that her chance had come.
Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow"Well don't just stand there makin' a racket, get yer arse in already."

Dusk couldn't help but chuckle to herself at the captain's response to her knock, and as she pushed the door aside she flicked her hat in greeting before plopping down in the chair across from him and planting her boots on the man's desk.

"What's the matter, cap? Getting sensitive in your old age?"

The taunt stilled his quill and caused him to regard her with a raised eyebrow. "Old? I'm still well young enough to give you what's comin', mark me words. Now you got a point swimmin' round that empty head a yers or..."

She paused, keeping eye contact with the man who had kept her fed and employed for the past seven years; who had spared the wretched stowaway fleeing her father and put her to work on the Devil's Harbour. Despite herself this next part was hard to say.

After what felt like an eternity she sighed and let her feet drop to the cabin floor and her arms find their way to her knees. "I'm leaving, cap."

He was silent, though his dubious expression said all it had to.

"You've been good to me, and I'll always be thankful for that, but the time's come for me to find my own way. Roots is moving, I've heard. In a big way. Now that Quindithas is in the ground and the arena's opened there'll be all sorts trying their hands at taking the crown, and if that zealous bastard is still the man I knew him to be then he'll want a piece of that pie. Have us all worshipping Athena and flogging ourselves in the name of piety." She practically spat the last words. They still left a distaste in her mouth. "Anyways, if I can stop him, I'm going to. I've gotta get there first, and I know that you lot won't follow me on land, so I'm breaking off. Handing in my papers. Jumping ship."

The pirate put his quill down, then, and crossed his hands next to it. He stared her down; saw the truth in her eyes. "Aye, so you are. Well off ye go then."

Dusk started, eyes wide with incredulity. "What, just like that?"

He shrugged. "And why not like that? I pay ye ta be here. Y'aren't chained, and ya got good reasons fer ta do what yer doin'. That's one less mouth fer me ta feed, and one less share of the booty. Hells, it's not like the boys care fer ya much, though I think they'll be whistling a different tune when ya aren't there to drop guards with that rage a yers. We'll be needin' a new way to get the commandant to shite 'imself."

She blinked, still not sure how to react, when suddenly her unconscious self took over and she fell back into a deep belly laugh. "Well geeze, cap," -- she managed a wheeze as she wiped the tears from her eyes -- "And here I was all worried that you'd try and stop me."

"Nah, lass, ye've done yer part and ya got yer own path ta sail. If'n I could stick it ta my pops I'd do tha same, mark me words."

"Consider them marked." She slapped her legs and pushed herself to her feet. "Well then, you've got me 'til port, in any case. I'll head out once we've dropped the stash with Mako and I'm paid my piece. I just didn't want to spring it on you."

"Much obliged. Now get out." He shooed her away. "I've got a ledger to fill. Oh, n' send Bullseye up this way. 'Parently I'm in need of a new quartermaster."

"Aye, aye, cap," she smiled.

Last edited by DAquilina; 12-06-2018 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:40 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1780
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Name:
Victor Hex

Race:
Human, Variant
Class:
Wizard 2/Monk 4
Alignment:
Neutral Evil
Faction:
Shadow Dancers
Background:
Urban Bounty Hunter
TraitsPersonality: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.

Ideals: Greed. I will do whatever it takes to become wealthy.

Bond: Someone I loved died because of a mistake I made. That will never happen again.

Flaw: When faced with a choice between money and my friends, I usually choose the money.

Personality
History:
RP sample:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Victor.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	78554  

Last edited by Rylus; 12-05-2018 at 01:41 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:49 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 200
TheCatGodd3ss TheCatGodd3ss TheCatGodd3ss
App

Roszy Lu
Freed Familiar (Mammal) Wizard
CN Sage of the Paragon's of Light

A description of your character's personality: Free willed, bookworm, hyper defensive about anything dealing with her late Mistress.

A description of your character's past:

And finally a RP sample.: TBD

Last edited by TheCatGodd3ss; 12-06-2018 at 12:56 PM.