: +

Notices

Old 12-03-2018, 08:16 PM
Praiser of the Sun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 314
Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom
@wodine you are not alone looking for some new games. From what I have looked at 5e is a pretty simple swap over to so don't sweat the newb stuff.
Current Game:Troubles in Tarn & Running Storm King's Thunder
Old 12-03-2018, 08:52 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11419
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Should I decide to wander down the clerical route, which pantheon do you use?
Old 12-03-2018, 09:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2961
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein

Name: Malinal Xochitl
Race: Half-elf
Class: Ranger
Alignment: CG

Background: Folkhero

Personality trait:
-1.If someone is in trouble, I’m always ready to lend help. -2.Thinking is for other people. There is sich a thing as overthinking.I prefer action.

Ideal:
-Sincerity. There’s no good in pretending to be something I’m not. (Neutral)

Bond:
-I have a family, but I have no idea where they are. One day, I hope to see them again.

Flaw:
-I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially hard drink.

Personality: Mal, as she is called by some, is an honest soul. She doesn't see the point in lying about herself or the type of person she is. Her philosophy is, if it doesn't benefit the innocent then why bother? It's a philosophy that she can conveniently apply to many types of arguments.

She's fairly independent, but can work well with others until it no longer suits her beliefs.

Appearance: Soft, chocolate brown hair and dark brown eyes. She wears comfortable, simple cotton blouse under her dark brown leather armor top. Matching cloth pants are tucked into a pair of sturdy ranger's boots designed for stealth.

Backstory: Malinal comes from a long line of hunters and rangers. Her father taught her everything she knows and had been teaching her more when their world suddenly changed around them. They lived in a small village at the foot of the Windy Summit somewhere between Oxcliff and Oldbrll. The village was so small and so well tucked away that it didn't even merit a place on the maps. The cartographers that were rumored to roam the lands had never found them and if they had then they found it of little note. Being so small their main form of commerce had become trade. Game and furs and operating to be precise. It was a humble way to live, but it worked for all. The farming was sustainable, each farmer agreeing to share and rotate which piece of land to use each year and sharing a portion of their crop with the village as a whole.

Hunting, however, was their main trade staple. Most hunted small game or stuck with wolves or deer. Each group of hunters sticking to a particular type of game. The Xochitl family were among the most skilled. As such, they had gained a reputation for specializing in the larger animals such as cougars, bears and on that rare occasion rocs. That was how Malinal had gained her reputation as the village's star game hunter. In a moment of sheer luck one of her arrows had hit and lodged itself in the base wing joint of one large creature. It had plummeted to the ground where father, brother and she then proceeded finish it off. The town ate well the night. The next day the trading caravan left generously stocked for market in Oddbell.

It was a rod that also led to her current predicament. See, about eight months earlier the caravans began experiencing trouble with raiding parties. Orcish raiding parties to be precise. Seems they had found an easy source of food. They had stop going to market to keep the rest safe. See, no one survived a run in with orcs. It got so bad that people had begun to leave Cliffside. The people had stopped cooperating and had begun to horde what little they had. So one day, Malinal decisided it was her duty to find a source of food for the starving village. To keep others from starving. To keep her family from starving. She went out and had begun tracking signs of a roc. Eventually the girl found it's nest and began hunting it. But, alone she was no match. It had finally had enough of the little one's antics and had smacked it with a wing sending the rancher into a boulder. Her body hit hard enough to render her unconscious and then rolled in some foliage. The roc lucky had had enough and flew away.

It took Malinal a few days to return to Cliffside, limping and battered. She had been gone a week. She was thought dead. Her family had left, grief stricken by her presumed death.

Her goal now was to reunite with them. If they survived getting past the wandering horde of orc.

RP sample: There they were. A small horde.
No more than five, maybe six in all. The sun just set not more than five minutes ago so there is still light in the sky playing with the shadows of the trees around the clearing. I'm hidden well behind some foliage. Maybe they're brambles, berries, don't know. Don't really don't care about that. Can't let that group of orcs see me. I'm alone and as good as dead if they find me. That's the positive outcome. It's much, much worse if they decide to "play". So much worse. The hordes around here are not particularly kind. Have to be careful.

The wind shifts. The rustle of the leaves above me alerts me. I am downwind for now, but the Windy Summit wasn't named carelessly. The winds here were fickle. Blowing in one directions one moment and in the next breathe it can reverse course just that quickly. Other days it's a soft little thing keeping the summer heat at bay or trying to rip your flesh from bone in a winter storm. Because of this I keep an ear on the leaves and my feet ready to move so the orc don't know I'm here. But, the Windy Summit seems to be urging me onwards with its subtle change. I close my eyes and thank the gods for their small mercy and wisdom.

I can't waste time on these orc. No matter how much I want to see their blood feed the earth. Carefully, using the giant creatures' movement as cover for any sound my feet create, I move away and around their small camp. It's best to keep an eye open for the rest of the horde. This was only a small raiding or scouting party. The others were out there somewhere. But I need to head out to Oddball. That's where Grandmother Vela told me they would be headed before they moved on. Have to find them. Have to find them. Have to stay alive so I can find them and let them know I'm well.

Last edited by lydklein; 12-15-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:22 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5175
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Wodine: The main religion worshiped in Isica is the Allfather, the God of the Sun and Civilization. Otherwise, make up your own if it suits your character. I'm not a huge stickler except that the 'Old Gods' resemble ones from any fantasy setting in the PHB.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:52 AM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 579
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
"Little Suggs" Kieyadoli Suggitaurus

Race: Half-elf
Class: Rogue
Alignment: True Neutral
Criminal BackgroundSpecialty: Highway Robber
Personality Trait 1: I am incredibly slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest often have the most to hide.
Personality Trait 2: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I always have a smile on my face and never let my emotions control me.
Ideal: Charity - My gang always gave some of their takings back to the community. I make sure to do the same.
Bond: Someone I loved died because of someone else I loved. That will never happen again
Flaw: When faced with a choice to help my friends or betray them, I'll betray them. They'd just do the same to me, after all.
PersonalityLittle Suggs knows how she'd describe herself. How true the description would be, though, is up for debate.

Little Suggs is a regular at the taverns and gambler’s dens of Oldbell, often found spinning an exciting yarn about her most daring exploits and earning raucous laughter and free drinks. She is rarely without a wide, toothy grin, though behind the smile lies a cunning, dangerous mind and a strong, independent spirit. She is very sensible and cool under pressure, and blessed with the gift of the gab, with her interpersonal skills and her silver tongue easily one of her greatest assets. She loves to talk, and many like to listen, save for her frankly dreadful sense of humour. She has a penchant for puns, the worse the better, and she delivers them no matter how terrible the eye-rolling. It also must be pointed out that she has a certain “appreciation” for the figures of men and women alike, and it would be most tasteful to leave it at that. She has a lust for life with many vices, but isn’t boisterous. Mostly, she is quite cool and subdued in her attitude and outlook, despite her many vices.

While Little Suggs is a criminal, the gang that she was a part of for most of her life has never been the most violent of gangs, and this softer approach she has inherited. She isn't afraid to kill when necessary, but the key words are "when necessary" and prefers a non-violent approach to her enterprises. She is used to reinvesting much of her takings back into the local community to help them, which has won her and her gang a light amount of leniency from law enforcement. If she is in combat, though, she is very confident in her own abilities. While she uses stealth and hiding to her advantage, she doesn't have many fears.

There is one fear, however, that Little Suggs does have, and it leads to one of her greatest flaws. The fun-loving joke-telling Little Suggs described above is a mask. Deep down, Little Suggs is very alone and in great pain.

Ironically, as good as she is at diplomacy, she has trouble forming attachments with anyone for fear that they will hurt her. She has been betrayed in the past by people whose hands she had put her heart into, and she refuses to make the same mistake ever again. Even her greatest of "friends", few and far between, are always kept at an emotional distance, and the only people who can really say they know her are her enemies. To anyone else, she's an enigma, intentionally. The worst example of this is her lovers, all of whom she discards to the side, believing that whatever pain they feel is not as bad as what they would inevitably put her through. She is slow to form attachments and suspicious of everyone.

Little Suggs is a team player by convenience and nothing else. No loyalty to country or cause. Her morality is highly flexible, and people who've known her for years have been shocked by her more cold, ruthless side that sees people as potential threats or playthings. And anytime that she starts to become truly happy and feels others getting close to her, she will self-sabotage her relationships, preferring to destroy them herself than let the universe do the job out of her control. Past pains of others abandoning her, and losing those she cares about, has built up many defense mechanisms, all to protect what is, in reality, a very fragile heart.

Because Little Suggs, behind the mask, is a woman with a large open wound in her chest. And she never wants to be hurt again.
AppearanceLittle Suggs is a creature of intensity, in more ways than one.

She has a radiantly pale skin colour which is exemplified by her sun-gold hair, which flows messily and uncontrollably past her shoulders. Her face is filled with youth, with a wide smile that often threatens to crack her face in two. The only blemish on her is her eyepatch, though even this she has turned into the image of softness, attaching a jewel-encrusted lotus to the strap that now hangs above her ear at all times. This jewelled lotus is something she is never seen without, even going to bed with it, and she often impatiently toys with it. As for the eyepatch itself, she does in fact have both eyes intact, though keeps one under an eyepatch to adjust to the darkness quicker.

She is also a shapely figure, lean and toned with wiry arms, a slightly curvy torso and powerful, muscular legs. Her form was built for athletics and she certainly doesn't put it to waste.

Little Suggs can rarely sit or stand still, usually bobbing from side to side like she's listening to music that no one else can hear. Everything she does is filled with spring and grace, from her bouncy steps to her balletic weaves when moving through crowds. However, it is when she is fighting that her energy really surges forward. Her attacks are flashy slices that put her entire body weight into every strike, more like a deadly dance than a fight, and she is almost freakishly flexible. She tends to wear clothes that help her sneak, dark coloured and light material, to grant her freedom of movement and speed in combat.
HistoryThe story of Little Suggs doesn't start with Little Suggs at all. It starts with her human mother Cathran and her aunt Elsbeth.

The so-called Sugg Sisters were part of a gang of highway robbers that resided in the Windy Summit mountain range near Oldbell, stealing from the various trading caravans that passed through Lower Isica. The gang were quite notorious in the area surrounding Oldbell, though not always hated. They were known to be quite gentle to the locals, honouring any and all promises of protection they made, and often the gang members invested their money back into their local communities, only stealing from the richest travelers. If somebody double-crossed them though, the gang sent the Sugg Sisters after them, and the Sugg Sisters were one of the main reasons why the gang was feared. They were violent thugs, ruthless and merciless. They weren't afraid to kill, and even those they didn't were left as bloody examples of what happens when the gang was crossed. While the gang was seen as honourable, even as local heroes by some, people ran in the street when they saw the Sugg Sisters walking down the road. They were bad-tempered, and bad news wherever they went.

And it turned out that they applied that same ruthlessness to each other.

The Sugg Sisters had a dispute over money, and began to fight openly. Not wanting to draw unwanted attention, the gang said that they would not take sides; the two sisters would resolve their conflict, and whatever happened, the gang would stand by their solution. So Elsbeth decided to resolve the conflict permanently. In the dead of night, she went to Cathran's house and brutally murdered her sister. Her elven husband fled into the night. Elsbeth found Kieyadoli, her sister's baby, her own niece. For the first time ever, the violent thug felt pity. Instead, she took the baby in her arms, burnt the house down and went back to the gang's hideout. The gang were horrified by Elsbeth's actions but, as per their word, they took no action.

It was amongst the gang that Kieyadoli was raised, told that her parents had died in an accident. But the little girl had inspired change in Elsbeth. The remaining Sugg Sister raised Kieyadoli as if she was her own, and became a much gentler, much softer woman. The dangerous, rage-filled thug who cruelly murdered her own sister was a thing of the past. Now, she was calm and controlled, and Kieyadoli grew up very similar. Where her mother was violent and feared, Kieyadoli was cool-headed and charismatic. The girl grew up with the gift of the gab and made friends fast.

It wasn't long before the young half-elf was roped into the gang, but she was no enforcer. Her talents lied in sneaking and scamming. Elsbeth taught her how to threaten people and how to act on those threats, but the newly christened Little Suggs was better at stealing and scouting, while "Big Suggs" acted as the muscle. Little Suggs made the gang a lot of money, and most importantly made her aunt very proud. Little Suggs loved her aunt as if she was her own mother, and thought the world of her.

It was inevitable that it would go wrong.

Big & Little Suggs were not as feared in Oldbell as the Sugg Sisters had been. Little Suggs, especially, was known to be quite charming, and her charms had won her several lovers over the years of many races and genders. There was one, however, who held Little Suggs' attention like no other; the human Garrett. Her beloved aunt, though, was apprehensive; Garrett just so happened to be the son of one of the town watch, and she was very suspicious. As happy as Little Suggs was, her aunt begged her to break off the relationship. Little Suggs loved Garrett, but she also loved her aunt, so she made a compromise. Under the dead of night, she stalked Garrett to discover his intentions. It turned out that Big Suggs was partially right; she overheard Garrett arguing with his father, who wanted Garrett to help him capture the gang. and, especially, the infamous Sugg Sister. Garrett initially went along with this plan, but now seemed unwilling to help his father arrest the woman he loved. Feeling both betrayed and terrified, Little Suggs ran home and told her aunt all about the plot, before going to the gang to warn them.

The Sugg Sister's rage came roaring back.

While the rest of the gang laid low in the mountains with Little Suggs, Elsbeth never joined them. She was found in Oldbell's town square, covered from head to toe in gore. All of Garrett's family, and Garrett himself, were dead, their bruised and bloody bodies strewn about as grisly examples of what happens to those who betray her. She then fled the town. But when Little Suggs came out of hiding and found out what her aunt had done, she was distraught. It was Garrett's father, not Garrett himself, who threatened the gang. It was now that the gang broke their vow of silence and told Little Suggs what had really happened to her mother.

Little Suggs, it turned out, had inherited some of the rage from her mother. She screamed and wailed throughout the night, betrayed by the very woman who had raised her and vowing to kill her. She hunted throughout Oldbell, looking for her, but found no trace of her. Big Suggs had just vanished. The gang, unsure of who to support between the aunt and the niece, chose neither. Instead, they took the same solution as before. They told Little Suggs that Big Suggs was last seen in Whitham, and that Little Suggs and her aunt would resolve their conflict, and whatever happened, even if one killed the other, the gang would stand by their solution.

Little Suggs sharped her sword, and made her plans to journey to Whitham. As for whether or not she could go through with her vow to kill her aunt, that remained to be seen.
Roleplay SampleThe cart rattled in the dark, stones and pebbles flung this way and that by the horse's hoofsteps and the wooden wheels groaning under the strain. The driver peered into the black, suspicious of the high road and its unstable foundations but also of the path he had taken. He was not far from his home in Oldbell, but that was the problem. He knew that the area was rife with bandits. Any trade route was.

Even with all of his suspicion, he was not ready for when the bandits actual struck.

An arrow smashed into the wood between his legs, spooking him. Immediately, he yanked on the reins, but it was too late. Already, a knife was at his throat, and he felt a sudden weight press against his back as someone leaned in.

"Your money or your life!" a callous voice hissed into his ear. The driver let go of the reins of the horses, and slowly began to raise his hands in surrender. "Now, stand up so I can search for weapons, and we'll... wait, Cooper?"

The voice immediately changed, and the driver recognised the voice instantly. "Little Suggs?"

"I didn't recognise you, Cooper," Little Suggs said, immediately pulling her dagger away from Cooper's throat. She looked into the darkness, putting her eyepatch back over one of her eyes. "It's alright, Auntie Suggs, it's just Cooper!"

Cooper froze in fear, and looked to one of the bushes. A blonde woman brandishing an axe stepped out. He remembered the time when Big Suggs was remembered for crimes a lot more violent than simple robbery. However, the face that looked back at her wore a friendly smile, as if she was a mother with baked buns rather than a highway robber. "Sorry about that, we didn't recognise you. That's a new cart, isn't it?"

"My cart got damaged on the way to Whitham," Cooper explained, his heartbeat slowing as the danger passed. "Couldn't be repaired, but I was close enough to the city to wheel it in and buy a new one." The two robbers nodded in acknowledgement, before looking to each other and making a silent agreement.

"I had better ride back with you to Oldbell," Little Suggs suggested. "If we couldn't recognise you, no one else will." Cooper instinctively looked to Big Suggs, who nodded.

"I can handle tonight's shift alone for a bit," the older woman explained, slinking back into the bushes. "You two go on, and Little Suggs can come back once you're safe in Oldbell."

"Ok, Big Suggs," Cooper murmured, cracking the reins and making the horses rumble forward. The woman who was about to rob him now sat by his side like an old friend, wiping her dagger clean. He looked to the half-elf and nodded appreciatively. "Thanks for not robbing me back there," he said, prompting a chuckle from Little Suggs.

"We'd just be giving it back to you if we did. Don't worry about it."

"Well, it's appreciated," Cooper said again, before looking back to the road ahead. A few seconds passed, but curiosity got the better of him. "How has Isabella been while I've been away?"

Now, Little Suggs' face turned away from him in guilt. "I've not seen her in a couple of weeks. We, errr... we broke up."

"Oh," Cooper vocalised, surprised. He struggled to find anything else to say while the robber bobbed her thought back and forth in thought.

"Yeah, Isabella and I... well, what we had was just for fun," she explained. "But I found someone who really means something more than that to me, and I thought it would be unfair if I led your daughter on any further."

"Odd, because she thought that you were something special for her," Cooper scowled accusingly. Little Suggs pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Cooper, I didn't mean to hurt her. If I did, I just wouldn't have broke up with her at all, I'd just let her hang on."

"I don't need the details," Cooper said dismissively. "I still think it's weird that my daughter and another woman had been... well... you know." Then the cart driver softened significantly and looked back to Little Suggs. "Although I appreciate that you had the best of intentions, and that you did your best not to hurt Isabella. Thank you."

"I'll make it up to her one of these days, but for now I've just given her space," Little Suggs explained. This made Cooper chuckle.

"It's amazing to believe that you're your mother's daughter," Cooper laughed, though when he saw the curious look paint across the girl's face he knew he had made a mistake.

"Yeah, you knew her before she died," Little Suggs said excitedly.

"I knew of her," Cooper explained hastily, knowing what Big Suggs would do if he told her what many in the town knew had happened all those years ago. "She was... well, she was a lot like your aunt, but more what your aunt is hiding. Not what she's like now. Not like you. You're much calmer, and softer."

"I can be hard when I want to be," Little Suggs sneered, and immediately Cooper's blood turned to ice. It didn't thaw out until Little Suggs looked to him with a grin and a wink. "Had you scared, didn't I?"

"Don't worry, I believe you," Cooper said. "When you came for the cart, I genuinely thought I was a dead man. You can be very scary when you want to be. Your mother was like that, but she never turned it off."

"Hmmm," Little Suggs said nothing after this, fixing her gaze onto the road ahead. "Take a left here, there's a trap to the right."

Cooper took her instruction, seeing that Little Suggs was too deep in thought to keep talking.

Last edited by Lentil Sponge; 12-08-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:59 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Just to say, I'm quite interested. Like a few others who've posted here, I'm more familiar with Pathfinder but I've noticed you say that this is quite noob-friendly. I do have a couple of questions though specifically about the app;

1) I have an idea for a character (I used the Central Casting Heroes of Legend book to roll up a character story I liked) but what I have as a motivation and flaw doesn't quite match what the PHB has. If I was to modify them to more match what I had in mind with my character would that be ok, or do I have to go by the letter of the PHB? I'm happy to send over what I had in mind to you if you want.

2) In addition, do you want us putting adventure hooks into our apps? So, say my character's family heirloom was stolen and they're looking for it, how likely is it that the heirloom would turn up? (this isn't what I'm going for, btw)
Old 12-04-2018, 09:53 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
@Lentil Sponge:
1.) You don't have to go by the letter, If you reword the ideals, flaws, traits and bonds to better fit your character, that's fine. Just make sure you give it context in your 'Personality' section.

2.) I will spend a majority of the campaign trying to thread all your character's hooks into the overarching storyline.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:22 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthilian01 View Post
@Lentil Sponge:
1.) You don't have to go by the letter, If you reword the ideals, flaws, traits and bonds to better fit your character, that's fine. Just make sure you give it context in your 'Personality' section.

2.) I will spend a majority of the campaign trying to thread all your character's hooks into the overarching storyline.
Well, aside from the roleplay sample, I'm pretty much done, though if you think that the changes to the bond, ideal and flaw are too much, feel free to let me know and we can sort something out.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Praiser of the Sun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 314
Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom
@wodine I haven't spent much time in the 5e pantheon but as a rule I like for clerics gods of family/fellowship and gods of protection or exploration. Makes it easier to fit in why you would be called to adventure.
Current Game:Troubles in Tarn & Running Storm King's Thunder
Old 12-04-2018, 03:55 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
@wodine I haven't spent much time in the 5e pantheon but as a rule I like for clerics gods of family/fellowship and gods of protection or exploration. Makes it easier to fit in why you would be called to adventure.
I'm just going to assume its the same as 3.5 until told otherwise. I've got Krynn, Greyhawk, and Toril all under my belt.

I'll find something.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:15 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Feel free to go crazy and make up a deity, I want the lands of tutorials to be partially your creation as players, as well. The one thing I find difficult abt forgotten realms or some other premise setting, any wikis five vague ideas about how worship of any certain deity works. This way, your character can be a professional on how their order worships their dairy

Last edited by Arthilian01; 12-04-2018 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:36 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Kelyrian Timewalker; WIP
left-aligned image
Name: Kelyrian Timewalker

Race: Wood Elf

Class: Cleric of Chronus – Domain; Knowledge

Alignment: NG

Background: Sage; Astronomer

Personality trait: I'm used to helping those who aren't as smart as I am, and I patiently explain anything and everything to others and there's nothing I like more than a good mystery.

Ideal: Knowledge. The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge. (Neutral)

Bond: I've been searching my whole life for the answer to a certain question.

Flaw: Most people scream and run when they see a demon. I stop and take notes on its anatomy.

right-aligned image
Personality:Time. Time is a scary thing. When you can’t find it, you’ve lost it. When you want it most, it is not there. When you try to horde it the hourglass turns round again. Place your hand in a flame and it seems to stand still; and enjoy the company you’re in and it’s gone before you blink.

Kelyrian is wise beyond his years and young beyond his fate. Burdened with the mysteries of the Great Wheel Kelyrian studies the skies and seeks answers in the eldest of tomes. While others worry about the day to day Kelyrian is obsessed with the immeasurable. Eons have passed since Chronus shaped the very gods who made the world, and he has remained silent in his vigil ever since.

Kelyrian wishes to break that silence – to pose the mysteries of the cosmos to the great creator. It is difficult for Kelyrian to mingle with those whose lives are overwhelmed by the mundane. He cares nothing for crops, of blights or plagues, the rise of kings or the scorn of lesser gods. They are each in turn ephemeral when compared to the Great Architect.

Because of this Kelyrian is often accused of being aloof and arrogant, when really he is simply preoccupied with questions others would rather not ask.

Kelyrian is kind when in the moment and not distracted by the every turning Wheel, charitable, agreeable even – if you can convince him that the now is more important than the before or the after. He laughs and loves, bleeds and cries, the same as any mortal. Only, he acknowledges the smallness of it all, and instead of ignoring it, he will one day as the greatest of the elder Titans, ‘why?’

Appearance: Kelyrian is young, tall, and lithe. His skin has an olive complexion which has faded after spending countless years out of the sun bent over books in the library and night spent gazing at the stars. His hair has gone white well beyond his years, perhaps a genetic abnormality, perhaps a gift from the Great Architect, or the result of years spent pondering and worrying about the Great Wheel.

Preferring robes of white, gold and silver he never fit in amongst his fellow elves who wear muted earth tones to blend in with trees and flowers. They would groan at the very suggestion of taking Kelyrian out to scout or to walk through the woods.

He also keeps a pair of golden wire rimmed spectacles for reading, though he often forgets he’s wearing them leading others to mock him, though he has no concern for their quips. They are insignificant to the passage of time. A grain in a sea of sand as it passes through the hourglass.

His frame, though small is tight and well fitted for combat, though his hands are soft – not that of a warrior. He has taken to healing, as the Great Architect once saw fit to mold the fabric of the multiverse into one suitable for gods and men, so too does Kelyrian mold life, to the benefit of those around him.

Backstory:
right-aligned image
"Everything flows, and nothing abides, everything gives way, and nothing stays fixed."~Saying carved into the staff Kelyrian carries.~

Elves are fickle, stupid beings with poor memories and a great gift for self-destruction. At least that’s what Kelyrian has come to know and believe. To the races who are even more short lived than the elves they are often seen as stalwart, slow to act, methodical, and while not as gruff as the dwarves in their mountain holds – the elves possess a certain quality which makes them almost, immortal.

The operative word being, almost.

Each turn of the great wheel takes 25860 years. A single spoke on the wheel changes each 2155 years. With the passage of these spokes great changes rock the realms. Change is coming, whether for good or ill.

How many empires have risen and fallen in the last 2155 years? How many men have drawn their first breath, and breathed their last?

How did all this come to a small wood elf in the middle of a tiny empire? From a book of course.

The elves have spanned these lands for millennia, hiding in trees, retreating through the forests and when necessary burrowing into the ground itself. Lost in one of these forgotten places a book sat upon a pedestal. Calling out for someone to learn the secrets within.

A young scholar named Kelyrian stumbled upon this place. Young, naive, with a thirst for knowledge. With a bravado only youth can provide Kelyrian followed the catacombs into the recesses of the earth and found the Book of the Sands. The knowledge held within changed the elf forever. He had always loved knowledge and studied the scrolls and histories of his people, but nothing had prepared him for what laid within this tome. The mysteries of the Great Wheel were laid out for him, and he read every page, right then and there. Time seemed to stop.

He emerged three days later, his auburn hair had turned the color of the snow lilies, his skin had become ashen, and his mind had opened. No longer did he laugh and sing with the other elves. Their merriment seemed so small, so insignificant. So he left his tribe, and began to wander. Years had passed and his knowledge grew. He studied the stars and their positions within the Great Wheel, the cosmos telling him of great changes to come. He eventually settled for a while in a small town called Oldbell.

It was small, it was isolated, but it had a beautiful view of the stars – and so he stayed, for a while.

A few nights ago while studying the stars, Kelyrian noted a shift, something he had never seen or read about. The smooth arcing of the stars became jagged and abrupt. He scrawled the location changes onto a scroll and read the stars with the geomantic mathematical secrets that had been burned into his brain by the Book of the Sands. He checked the calculations twice – he had made no error. The stars were quite literally aligned, and they were pointing him in one direction. Towards the Port City of Whitham.

RP sample:
left-aligned image
The Book of Sands

The tomb the scouting party of elves had found was to be considered off limits, but there was something gnawing at the insides of the curious wood elf, called Kelyrian. He had yet to take a clan name, he was barely old enough to be a scout – and the world had so many potential professions and lives to lead, the world was his proverbial oyster – and the pearl was somewhere in this tomb, he just knew it.

Filled with the bravado of youth, Kelyrian slipping into the tomb unnoticed by his fellow youths – though he was the youngest of the troupe he was the smartest and waiting for them to break into the wine was an easy enough plan.

Sliding through the open chasm, the young man didn’t take note of the ancient faded word carved about the entrance.

Χρόνος

The catacombs seemed endless, but still the elf felt something tugging at his soul, pulling him deeper and deeper into the darkness. The air was stale with misuse but luckily it was not the smell of death and decay – no any who had died here had been here for centuries, maybe longer. This tomb clearly had been forgotten in time, there were bas reliefs depicting long forgotten heroes, statues of gods whose names were lost to time, and the slightest hint of paintings the colors faded to nothing but darkened outlines in the shadows.

And still something called to Kelyrian.

Closer.

Closer.

Closer!

And so the young elf continued.

The monotonity of the cavern was beginning to depress Kelyrian. The underground held few curiosities for a young elf save the décor left by those long dead, but something made his ears perk up. The sound of water rushing in the distance, he followed that sound using his keen elven senses, and finally made his way to a chamber.

Within shone a single shaft of light illuminated a book bound in golden plates sitting upon a pedestal of white marble shaped like an hourglass. The light illuminated the room, showing a great circle painted upon the walls, with diamonds stuck into rock the color of the night sky.

Kelyrian could not help himself, that same creeping thought that had kept him going urged him to open the book.

And so he did.

His eyes scanned the pages as he read each line voraciously – faster than he had read anything before.

The words, scripted in an ancient writing seemed to make perfect sense as mathematical formulae penetrated deeply into his brain, solving equations for the stars and moons and skies. He stood for what felt like hours, but had turned out to have been days. A knowledge creeped into his mind, breaking open the world of what he knew into the mysteries of what he could one day know.

Kelyrian eventually left the tomb, changed physically, emotionally, and spiritually. He knew a greater power wished him to find that knowledge to learn the secrets of the ancient past and the mysteries of the coming future. But to what end?

Only time would tell.

NOTE: To those of you who are Hellenistic purists, I am aware that I combined Chronus and Aion. Big whoop wanna fight about it?

Last edited by wodine; 12-07-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:56 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I have added some more Isica Information to the Game thread. Feel free to take a look.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=185899
Old 12-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1534
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Classic fantasy in a new land sounds like a blast! P.s. hi again, Wodine and hi, Silver.
Application:
right-aligned image
Name: Sigram, Sig is fine
Race: Half Elf
Class: "Barbarian" if you must. Berserker if you will.
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Outlander
Personality trait:
- Soft-hearted: Sig will always help the underdog. He cries when faced with beauty.
- Impulsive: Trust your gut. It tells you when to eat and when things aren't right; which, really, is there anything else? The first thought is the best plan of action.
Ideal:
- Life is a joke. So why not treat it with humor before the final punchline?
Bond:
- My family (when I find one) is the most important thing in my life and I will do anything to keep them safe
Flaw:
- There is no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest
Personality: Sig is a candle being burned at both ends. More like a torch. Strike that. Imagine a torch shaped like a cross and all four points are burning. Better yet, a wagon wheel torch, on fire, and the the whole thing is doused in oil. Anyway, you get it,. He drinks hard, laughs hard, fights hard and feels hard, er deeply. He finds humor in most things, especially in those things that others take most seriously. When he whispers, it generally turns to excited yelling, When he is sleeping, it is usually sleep fighting. He has a soft spot for sweet children and baby animals and friends. Especially friends. Sig has a need to find acceptance, and latches on to anyone who shows him any amount of trust or love. He has been hurt over and over by that desire, but he continues to throw himself heedlessly toward people and the imagined promise of Family. And the hurting is far from over.

Appearance:Sig is cords of ropy muscle stretched over hard bone and covered with just enough scarred skin to keep the blood inside (sometimes). From his human side, a scraggly blonde beard set with braids covers what might be a fine face with soft elven features. Really only his eyes hint to the fey heritage. They are a soft blue and are capable of hiding zero emotion. Sig is hard on clothing and opts for the cheapest fabric possible since it has to be replaced so often. Loose pants, soft boots, and sometimes a tunic are about all he wears besides a few axes, a long hammer that looks to be made for a horseman, and a simple wooden shield. Put him side by side another warrior and he's not really all that impressive, but watch him transform in combat and there is a ferocity and carelessness that sends a chill down the spine. The realization dawns that it doesn't matter that you can outfight or outmaneuver him...you have to outlast him.

Backstory:

RP sample:

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 12-10-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:28 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1990
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
My application has been finalized and submitted. Thanks for your consideration!