RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook
5 7 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 11-26-2018, 11:21 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2465
Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Application Deadline Tenative 12/20, but could be extended to 1/1TBD

London, December 3rd 1931

Westminster Olympia Street Orphanage Headquaters
right-aligned image
The view outside of was deep powdered snow. The recent blizzard had left a calming gentle warm in its wake. Barely enough for the snow to maintain it's state without diverting to a slurry of soon to be liquid. The cherry paneled office had a single door and window. Charles, An older man flipped through the pages delivered from his guest's brown briefcase. A slightly less older woman sat across a cherry wooden table. Her soft brown eyes were shielded by thick black glasses. Her black hair was kept up tight by two wooden hair pins. She wore a heavy thick wool charcoal coat. Inside the left sleeve was her wand readied to be drop into her gloved palm. Next to her was a young man affixed with a permanent smirk. Charles started, "I am sorry this child was adopted a month ago."

The younger moved to speak, but the woman cut him off. She arched her hand pausing him in his tracks. It was carefully obscured from the view of the social worker by his desk. Her voice was mournful, but calmly gentle. "It's just my sister, rest her soul, was so very young when she hand this child, and I'd just like to make sure the girl never wants for anything." Charles was quick to retort, "I can't give you any information on her madame, but I can reach out through appropriate channels. Won't take long, I promise."

The male inquirer bite down and started to grind his teeth in frustration. He could feel his wand pressing against him under his coat. Trying to appease his possible corrupt side the woman pulled an envelope buckling with Germany/Austrian Currancyschilling notes, "I believe the London orphanages are in desperate need of capital. I am sure this could cover much requested food, beds, broken windows, and of course administrative costs." To her dismay the man refused again. "Ma'am, again I am." He was interrupted by the woman using the same hand now visible. It rudely paused him mid sentence. She gave a quick irritated glance at her companion, then whisked her hand in a slow circular motion. The younger man lunged forward pulling his bronze tinged jeweled wand. Charles' face immediately slammed into his desk. The man yelled at the social worker, "Where is the girl!" His voice was nearly feral, begging him to attempt anything other then servitude.

A moment later the room flashed with in a bright green light, and a loud scream echoed through the entirety of the office. Charles' secretary heard the sound and rushed to the door. But when she opened it her boss was hunched over his desk. His body was a pale white, rigid as if it was stone. His guests were gone.

The League
What is The League The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Gentlewomen is a special group of highly motivated and talented individuals looking to solve the various problems of the world. They work within and sometimes outside of the local governments to stop, engage, or protect as needed. Whether that be an unholy artifact beaconing a divine rift, or a mad scientist manufacturing a plague to cull the world, the League will be there to stop it. From across the globe it's leaders have gathered elite soldiers, charismatic con-men, or even beings gifted with unexplainable powers.
General Information Chairmen: John Attleburg
right-aligned image

Vice Chairman: Jacques Donvildair
Ministry of Magic Ambassador: Belvina Black
Home Base: London, United Kingdom

After the destruction of World War One, certain world leaders were informed of the true world around them. Since the dawn of time things have gone bump in the night, but there have been watchers protecting our planet. The talk was given to the most trusted political leaders and it shocked them. Learning that it was all true nearly prompted disbelieve, requiring proof. Some still found the idea of Gods, Daemons, Dragons, and Wizards maddening. A few spells tended to remedy that. In truth, the members weren't always the most virtuous, yet a coming apocalypse would certainly force action from anyone wishing to remain alive. The heads of state also provided an incredible stable of possible mundane recruits.

The League was a way for the magicless to keep tabs on the magical communities, particularly the hidden world of the wizards. The League had only two basic rules. First, no person with gifts could acquire a position of power within the League. This provided a check to keep the bureau free of magical influence and control. The second was to keep the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen a secret unless absolutely necessary.

The GameWelcome to the League! I am looking for four to six players looking to have some challenging high level fun. I like my player post rates around three times per week, but am mainly concerned with choices. Players will be given options, and often a large choice is in the hands of a specific player. I don't mind pausing the game until that player can post. Real life happens, just keep in touch. I enjoy writers, and bigger then the average posts. We will also start at level twelve. The format will be episodic. I'll give the group an assignment and once the group completes it I'll give you another one. Sometimes they will be incredibly short, other times they will be longer epics. This campaign will be difficult particularly with combat. Non-combat characters would be hard pressed to survive, and even those built for blood will find themselves in incredibly one sided fights. Not all combats are winnable. I plan on a 80% RP to 20% action. Last little hint into my psyche I don't do random combats.

Class Specifics The following is just a rough guide to how I see classes working in a 1930s 5e game.

Fighter, Rogue, Barbarian, and Ranger: You might find any of these classes as soldiers, mercenaries, thieves, or other highly trained or skilled individuals. Feel free to think of unique themes from around the world. I am pretty open on these. If you do deiced to go down a magical archetype feel free to pick a way your character developed his or her powers. (Arcane, Divine, or Druidic)

Monk, Paladin, Druid: These would probably be more suited to a slew of special orders. Ancient Groves, impossible to reach monasteries, or secret holy orders could all produce viable candidates for the league.

Cleric/Warlocks: Giving powers by a divine being is a big deal. Through some sort of object your character channels power far beyond themselves. The cleric could be a patron of Zeus, Freeya, or Igaluk, don't feel confined to any specific pantheon, rather use anything your heart desires as creative fuel. Spell Focuses could be something as plain as a ring, or as unique as a severed finger.

Wizards: To the few gifted with magical blood lines a secret hidden world awaits them. Magical boarding schools exist throughout most of Europe, and a few are beginning to pop up in the states. Beyond, that the bureaucratic Ministry of Magic governs the few eligible to access this world. The wand is the wizard's tool, weapon, and largest weakness. Through this they can channel arcane spells, but without it they can not. A disarmed wizard is a corpse. To that effect, the awakened community considers a pointed wand to be a loaded firearm. One not to be pointed willynilly. Each wand is uniquely made and might even have a vibrant personality. Wizards will often keep small pets as familiars, including white owls, black cats, and rodents. Now if a player asks me for inspiration behind my ideas for this class, I would say your inclinations are correct. In fact it is all canon. But, I've chosen to hide this fact behind a wall of text for only the most astute of readers, to be foiled by the least savvy of applicants.

Sorcerers: As clerics and warlocks used borrowed powers, wizards use learned techniques and wanded gestures, sorcerers are arcane incarnate. They are the font and don't require a spell focus. Since they are outside the bonds of the normal fantastical realms, they have a tendency to be looked down upon by wizards. A wise sorcerer could ask where the first of their bloodline came from? In reality sometimes magic comes to those with no birthrights to it.
>Recruiting for The League of Extradordingary Gentlemen (5E)<

Last edited by Jat; 11-27-2018 at 12:15 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:22 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
Homebrew RulesAttacks from multiple classes stack.

Sneak Attack is not limited to once per round.

Divination and scrying type magical effects will be altered to be more ambiguous and shadowed. Possibly providing clues rather then straight answers.

Paladins are not limited to divine spell casting and can sub in druid or wizard spell lists. This choice is made at level two, and can not be undone.

Paladin multiclassing stats are strength or dexterity and charisma.

Application
Notes I love really getting my teeth into your character, feel free to write as much as you want. As far as materials allowed, at this time I am not going to restrict players. The only exception is around race. Human and Human Variant are both options, but I am open to monstrous races pitches. Place a picture to the Use the IMGR coding.right.
>Picture<
Name:
Nationality:

Role in the Party: Social Face, Melee combat.
Class: TheifRogue (3) Battle MasterFighter (9)
Alignment: Gross, I know! I won't hold you to it, but it helps me and others get a feel for what your presenting.
Description: Give me a solid description of your character, and his weapon of choice/wand/spell focus.
Sample RP: give me a good example of your character in action in his chosen fortay.
*Secret Below*
Background: How did your character get to where he or she is now? Remember, our starting level is twelve. Don't be afraid of greatness.
Here and Now: What motivates your character to be in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Are you out for saving the world? Or are you more nefarious?

Last edited by Jat; 11-27-2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:24 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
Saved for later use
Old 11-26-2018, 11:47 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35462
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Edited the thread tag to 5e. Note that your Game Request will stay PF in the system. When your forum gets created, you will need an Admin to move it.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:06 AM
Court Jester

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8252
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
Posting Interest. Will follow up in PM with questions.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:11 AM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevonian View Post
Edited the thread tag to 5e. Note that your Game Request will stay PF in the system. When your forum gets created, you will need an Admin to move it.
You are a god send. Serious I feel so dumb.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:55 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 444
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
Definitely interested!
Old 11-27-2018, 05:34 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 540
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
This looks like a lot of fun, I really wish I could apply but I don't think I can manage the time commitment at the moment. I'm going to lurk and see what incredible characters people come up with, though.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:44 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 543
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Interested...but a bit intimidated!
1930s...so there will be modern firearms and armor?
Also, which races are allowed?
Old 11-27-2018, 08:55 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1641
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
This setting sounds interesting.
I might want to play, but I have a lot of difficulty finding good character art.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:07 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 292
dhibidy dhibidy dhibidy
Posting a lot of interest IF and only IF the DM and players are willing to help me, this would be my first exposure to 5th ed rules. I have read over the PH on the srd but have never used this rule set.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:31 AM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4900
Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil
Oh my, yes.

To in the Original League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, the League was composed of men and women taken from timely literature. Is that what we're going for here? I gather from your explanations of wizardry that at least some of our adventure is being wound up in the fictions of other authors. Should we keep this in mind as we build our characters?
Old 11-27-2018, 01:59 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange2099 View Post
Interested...but a bit intimidated!
1930s...so there will be modern firearms and armor?
Also, which races are allowed?
Don't be I am chill. I can help you with a characters backstory, or build.

Yes there will be guns and armor.

Human and human variant. Although, I'll leave the door open to monsterious races/class levels like vampires. But, it would need to be flushed out. I think one bad butt Brandon Frasier clone would be awesome. The bravest of men fight a unnatural evil being with only their mundaneness. In a way, the racial limitations is why I am being so liberal with the lore/class choices. Also, if class restrictions from race GONEZO.

Last edited by Jat; 11-27-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:04 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Oh my, yes.

To in the Original League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, the League was composed of men and women taken from timely literature. Is that what we're going for here? I gather from your explanations of wizardry that at least some of our adventure is being wound up in the fictions of other authors. Should we keep this in mind as we build our characters?
Its canon. I am blending it all. Every fairytale every childhood boarding school, every apocalyptic movie. Everything! But, you can create as you want. Bring something new or go off past art. This isnt inspiration, i am stealing the settings. They keep the same names too boot.

LETS HAVE SOME CREATIVE FUN!

Last edited by Jat; 11-27-2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3183
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
How will starting equipment work? Will we start out with any magical items? Will we be using the firearms from the DMG, or are there homebrew firearms?

How prevalent are non-human PHB races like elves and halflings?

I'm thinking of playing a monsterous race out of the core of Africa that wears a hat of disguise to blend in with the population better.

Last edited by anamiac; 11-27-2018 at 02:18 PM.