RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook
5 7 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 11-27-2018, 02:20 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2465
Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat
I am in general one of the stingiest DMs known to our community. But, I understand our characters are at the top of the food chain. I'll probably give you a good price to cover all magic items, and open the flood gates for mondane.

I need to finalize the list of firearms.
>Recruiting for The League of Extradordingary Gentlemen (5E)<

Last edited by Jat; 11-27-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:49 PM
Who shall we kill today?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5474
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat
I think one bad add Brandon Frasier clone would be awesome.

I imagine that it's a bit too silly for the tone of this game to play a Human Paladin (Mountie).

Last edited by Unko Talok; 11-27-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:08 PM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4900
Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil
right-aligned image
James P Bunyan
Sex: Male
Nationality: American
Role in the Party: Tank, Control
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Human
Class: Fighter (Scout) 3/Mystic (Order of the Immortal) 9
Background: Skill Proficiencies: Nature, Animal Handling
Tool Proficiencies: Lab Equipment
Languages: One of your choice
Equipment: A set of common clothes, a diploma, and 10 gp or an equivalent amount of an appropriate currency.

Feature: Doctorate
You're recognized as a master of your field of study, and have published at least one scholarly paper. This affords you a place of respect in academic circles, and access to certain research facilities at universities across the world. You can find work teaching or assisting research at most universities, allowing you to support a comfortable lifestyle.
PHD (Biochemistry)

Personality: James is humble and intelligent, though he often lacks common sense. His personality shifts along with his size, from being withdrawn and cautious to reckless and rampant in the blink of an eye. Generous and kind, he puts others before himself, and is slow to voice his own desires when others' needs conflict with his own.

Appearance: He's staggeringly tall at over seven-and-a-half feet, but powerfully built. He keeps his beard long, longer than is fashionable in Philadelphia or London for that matter. He typically wears rugged canvas trousers, a thick flannel shirt, and a tweed jacket. Most of his clothes are made by his mother, shipped from Sitka every few months along with a letter telling James how the family is doing. He's clearly of European descent, though his grandmother's Tlingit ancestry shows in his face, if you know to look for it. In combat, James feels right with axes in his hands.

Overview: The giant Paul Bunyan retired to the wilderness as the industrial revolution took root in the American west, but he wasn't alone. He fell in love with and married a Tlingit woman. With some magical assistance from a Tlingit medicine man, they conceived seven children together, who in turn gave them twelve grandchildren. One of those grandchildren is James Paul Bunyan. All of his siblings and cousins are tall, but James has a unique gift, able to temporarily take on something akin to the size and power of his grandfather.

History: Born in San Francisco in 1906 to Paul Bunyan Jr and Clarissa Bunyan, the infant James P Bunyan slipped from the midwife's arms and struck the ground, but the baby didn't break, the ground did. Paul Bunyan Jr hadn't believed any of the stories his father had told him since he was a boy: how he had been a giant until he shrank down to a mere eight feet tall to marry his mother, how his axe had carved the grand canyon, how his footfalls dug out lakes. Even if his father had been as tall as he had said, those were feats that defied all logic. And so too did it defy logic that his son, large as he was (twenty-five pounds!) could have caused the earthquake. Yet a part of him doubted. His father had died the year before, and his mother two years before that, but Kiwa, the Tlinget Medicine Man who had married them (and, according to Paul Sr, shrunk him down to human size) was still alive. Ancient, but alive. And so he moved his family to Sitka, and asked Kiwa for his help.

"He is a giant" Kiwa whispered, passing his hands over the infant "He has his grandfather's spirit inside him. This world..." he gestures around them "...is a way of seeing. You must raise this boy with humility and kindness, teach him he is a small part of a larger world. If a day comes where he believes the world is too small for him, so it shall be." And so James was raised by his parents accordingly, and never caused another earthquake. He grew quite tall: seven feet seven inches, taller than his father and brothers, but to his parents' relief grew no taller.

In 1918, Kiwa arrived with a letter for the Bunyans, inviting the then twelve-year-old James to attend school at the Franklin School for Exceptional Boys in Pennsylvania. James did well enough in school, but had no interest in being exceptional: he refused. Kiwa came again days later, telling James that the headmaster of the school was an old friend of his, that it was time James learned to see himself differently. James still refused. The third time Kiwa asked, he brought a guest with him: Professor Francis Dogood, headmaster of the Franklin School, who asked James to walk with him to the grave of his Paul Bunyan Sr, his grandfather. The three of them walked together to the grave, Professor Dogood again extending an offer for James to attend the prestigious academy. James was polite, but declined a third time. But the professor wasn't inclined to take no for an answer, and touched James on the forehead. James exploded outward and upward, growing double his size, towering over the other two. It was a shock for James, but also felt right. It felt correct, like he had been living a lie and only now understood the truth. "You don't need my magic, James." the Professor told him "You can learn to do this yourself, this and more, with our help. Let us teach you."

He moved to Gladwyne Pennsylvania that fall. He received the best education someone else's money could buy, but he also learned who he was, and who his grandfather had really been: a giant, more than a giant, a titan, a primordial earth spirit, and that legacy lives on in him. He learned he could temporarily push aside the tiny material form he had been born into and take on a form which fit his soul, with the stature and power of a giant. At the Franklin School, he learned he wasn't alone. He learned there were other boys from all over the country with unusual abilities, a few with gifts even as spectacular as James'. Eventually he learned that even Professor Dogood was more than he appeared; he was a centuries-old sorcerer with a primordial storm spirit for an ancestor. He spent four years at the Franklin School, an education which involved signifigant "hands on learning", as the students found themselves called on to face threats to the region, nation and upon occasion, the world.

After graduating from the Franklin School, James spent another eight earning a PHD in biochemistry from the University of Pennsylvania. While earning his doctorate, and continuing after, James did research work for the University, traveling across the world collecting samples of dangerous creatures to study, an occupation which matched him against not only the subjects of his interest, but also against others who sought out those creatures for their own nefarious purposes. Only a few years into this new career, however, Professor Dogood sent him an urgent telegram, requesting he leave for London with haste to meet with a man named John Attleburg. Knowing the Prefessor wouldn't make such a request without good cause, James booked himself passage across the Atlantic immediately.

Here and Now: He trusts Professor Dogood, and he's happy to go where he's needed. I imagine this isn't the first time Dogood has sent one of his alumni to join the League and it isn't likely to be the last. Once he spends some time with the League, he's likely to want to stay on his own accord, if only because time with the league is likely to put him into contact with interesting creatures to study. And of course several other members of the league are themselves likely to possess fascinating biology.

Last edited by Phil; 12-02-2018 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:17 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unko Talok View Post

I imagine that it's a bit too silly for the tone of this game to play a Human Paladin (Mountie).
I was going from the mummy... But this would also..... errr. I can't. Lets not have a Dudley do right right.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:25 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 444
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
Jat, I might have an idea for the plain shift vampire race, but if I can combine it with the Blood Domain for the Cleric class from the CR Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting (I can provide a link via PM). And if I can go with the cleric domain I plan on multiclassing with monk. I'm still undecided which will go first, the egg or the chicken.

If the Blood Domain is a no go, I can do something else
Old 11-27-2018, 03:27 PM
Who shall we kill today?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5474
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat
I was going from the mummy... But this would also..... errr. I can't. Lets not have a Dudley do right right.
That's what I figured, and I honestly suggested it as a joke, haha. . It really doesn't fit the tone of the game at all. I may or may not be able to work up a reasonable application. But even if I don't-- I love that this game exists! Good luck to everyone!
Old 11-27-2018, 03:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3183
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Quote:
Paladins are not limited to divine spell casting and can sub in druid or wizard spell lists. This choice is made at level two, and can not be undone.
I'm a little fuzzy on this. I'm actually thinking of playing a character that might start with two levels of paladin. So, I could choose either from the (paladin and wizard spell lists) or the (Paladin + druid spell lists)?

Last edited by anamiac; 11-27-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:14 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 292
dhibidy dhibidy dhibidy
Name: Adrian Johansen son of Gustav Johnsen
Role in the Party: information gatherer, scryer
alignment: NE (this is due to the demonic influences on his mind)
class: wizard 12, divination and thamaturgy later possibly necromancy, depends on how the character handles the awful knowledge of his youth once/if it is discovered.
might be some sanity issues here..... NOPE! there are definitely some sanity issues here.
Weapon of choice: wand, pistol
Adrian is of average build and height. He has dark brown hair and hazel eyes. His beard and moustache is neatly trimmed at all times. Adrian dresses in loose fitting clothing a size too large. This gives him a swimming in his own clothes appearance. He is fond of his theodora hat and long crook neck pipe.

Old 11-27-2018, 04:21 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
@Unko Talok I loved and got your joke.

@Everyone If you want me to approve something give me a link. I use a lot of wiki so sometimes I am thinking of a different one then what you want. Even like giant, don't make me search around. Make it easy for Me!
Old 11-27-2018, 04:29 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
dhibidy dhibidy dhibidy
Name: Adrian Johansen son of Gustav Johnsen
Role in the Party: information gatherer, scryer
alignment: NE (this is due to the demonic influences on his mind)
class: wizard 12, divination and thamaturgy later possibly necromancy, depends on how the character handles the awful knowledge of his youth once/if it is discovered.
might be some sanity issues here..... NOPE! there are definitely some sanity issues here.
Weapon of choice: wand, pistol
Adrian is of average build and height. He has dark brown hair and hazel eyes. His beard and moustache is neatly trimmed at all times but age has added more than a bit of grey. Adrian looks older than he is, the years wear on his face like a bad loincloth. Adrian dresses in loose fitting clothing a size too large. This gives him a swimming in his own clothes appearance. He is fond of his top hat and long crook neck pipe.
right-aligned image

Last edited by dhibidy; 11-27-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:30 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
dhibidy dhibidy dhibidy
one question.... how do I right align that image?
Old 11-27-2018, 04:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3183
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
like this:
right-aligned image

you can quote my post to view the formatting

Last edited by anamiac; 11-27-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:54 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
dhibidy dhibidy dhibidy
thanks
Old 11-27-2018, 07:16 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
I am going to add in character sample rp.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:36 PM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4900
Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil
Hope it's okay I added some lore Stateside. I'm not sure how an institution like the Franklin School for Exceptional Boys would interact with whatever Wizard schools exist over there. Franklin aka "Professor Dogood" is meant to be a sorcerer, not a wizard, and his school would focus on sorcerers or other children of unusual ancestry.