RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook
5 7 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 11-27-2018, 07:52 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1198
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I was going to post my interest but I realized, playing in seven games and making one to run as the DM I might be overreaching.

So I will just say, Jat is a great DM and I have enjoyed playing in the one game I have a character in his other game.

Good luck everyone and enjoy
Characters(Game): Gil Monroy(Freedom's Flight)/Aimi Kaoruko(Fleet Command: UFS Dresden)/Rain(The Wild Bunch)/Spinal Tap(The Third Great Matrix Crash)/Amya Falone(Storm King's Thunder)/Angus McDougal(The Ultimate Dungeon)

Last edited by Silk; 11-27-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:02 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2465
Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat
I don't want to give exclusive wizarding rights to the warts, sounds good.

Sorcerers are special. Oddities, unique to the institutional wizarding system. The idea of a school like Xavier's is awesome.

@silk thank you, now POST!
>Recruiting for The League of Extradordingary Gentlemen (5E)<

Last edited by Jat; 11-27-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:57 PM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4900
Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil
Quote:
Originally Posted by saratek187 View Post
What YEAR is it? The story I have going for him ties to World War 1, so I'm hoping to see how removed we are from it.
I thought he said 1931. In which case WWI is well over and Germany is gearing up for the rematch.

Last edited by Phil; 11-28-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:34 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 226
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Is it okay for a Warlock's focus to be implanted within them? For example, a cursed eyeball that they've actually put in one of their eye sockets.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:20 AM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamiac View Post
I'm a little fuzzy on this. I'm actually thinking of playing a character that might start with two levels of paladin. So, I could choose either from the (paladin and wizard spell lists) or the (Paladin + druid spell lists)?
Yes. I want to extend the classes and archetypes away from strictly being divine. Divine is great, but the ability to bring spells into melee attacks shouldn't be limited to just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiya View Post
Is it okay for a Warlock's focus to be implanted within them? For example, a cursed eyeball that they've actually put in one of their eye sockets.
Intriguing, I want wands. I want lots of them. In to be honest I was hoping for a little more interest in the Parry Hotter side, but didn't want everyone to just be wizards. So knowing my bias, I am going to say sure. The Eye can be the focus which is where the power comes from, but I would still want your character to have a wand. Also, the Eye would be completely removable, and my baddies if they figure it out will move to strip your character of his or her power in the same way they would disarm a wizard.

I wanted to throw out two ideas that I had. I always like to put out a what would I play thought.

First, An
African Druid focused around shifting into rhinos, lions, and elephants!

Iron fist! Monk, Paladin, Rogue.

Heal Kid! A young Or whatever faith you wantBuddist boy Favored Soul Socerer. Focused around blessing and healing rather then death.

Last edited by Jat; 11-28-2018 at 02:21 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:29 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat View Post
Intriguing, I want wands. I want lots of them. In to be honest I was hoping for a little more interest in the Parry Hotter side, but didn't want everyone to just be wizards. So knowing my bias, I am going to say sure. The Eye can be the focus which is where the power comes from, but I would still want your character to have a wand. Also, the Eye would be completely removable, and my baddies if they figure it out will move to strip your character of his or her power in the same way they would disarm a wizard.
What about Bladelocks with Improved Pact Weapon? Having an unlimited supply of spellcasting focuses is one of their class features. It doesn't really seem fair to take that away.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:49 AM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
I would rule that summoning your pact weapon doesn't require a spell focus. And improved pact weapon acts as one. So a bladelock would be completely above my wish for wands.

Last edited by Jat; 11-28-2018 at 03:51 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 04:08 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Quote:
I would rule that summoning your pact weapon doesn't require a spell focus. And improved pact weapon acts as one. So a bladelock would be completely above my wish for wands.
Excellent! The Harry Potter books were fun to read. But I wouldn't enjoy having all my magic be dependant on a small piece of wood.
Old 11-28-2018, 04:44 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 543
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Quote:
I wanted to throw out two ideas that I had. I always like to put out a what would I play thought.

First, An
African Druid focused around shifting into rhinos, lions, and elephants!

Iron fist! Monk, Paladin, Rogue.

Heal Kid! A young Or whatever faith you wantBuddist boy Favored Soul Socerer. Focused around blessing and healing rather then death.
Three ideas?

Your second idea seems right up my alley...if were speaking the same language - Im playing a human monk in another 5e fantasy game modeled after Iron Fist. Though, it is certainly my take/interpretation of the character, with lots of fantasy flavor to fill in the gaps lost to modern elements.

However, to be really honest, Im having difficulty with the HP focus...maybe this will come across as heresy, but I never could get into that world (not having read the books, I watched and was subsequently disappointed by each movie as the expectations failed to live up to what only ever came across as a dumbed-down/watered-down LOTR story).

Anyway, the first idea also sounds ultra-cool. Third not bad, either!

Could you elaborate a bit on the tone of the game that youre aiming for?
Old 11-28-2018, 05:35 AM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
Keep in mind this is just what I would want to play. The idea of being of the real worlds fables is incredibly appealing to me.

HP Focus: It was a call I debated about. But, am glad I went with it. I think thats the great thing about this setting. Don't want to be from that universe great find something else.

Tone: Dark doom constantly on the horizon, with a dab of modern heroic realism. Topped with a touch of awesome in the truest meaning of the word. I am gonna say soft PG-13. I fade to black and try to not over analyze gore. I want the focus to be around amazingly powerful characters. Don't underestimate what a mundane warrior can do while others are playing in the clouds.

Heavy Inspiration from movies such as Indiana Jones, The Mummy, and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:40 AM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiya View Post
Excellent! The Harry Potter books were fun to read. But I wouldn't enjoy having all my magic be dependant on a small piece of wood.
Let's be real. Wizards provide a certain level of flexible power that other classes simply don't have access to. Ya, that fighter paladin may nova hard. But, he can't stop spells with a well placed counter spell. He can't haste his allies, or slow his enemies. He can't talk to trees, or fly. Not to mention AOE dmg! If all you have is a hammer everything looks like an xp increase.

Excluding the weak ones, don't forget your enemies will be at least similar level. A party of killers is great till one gets mind controlled.

Last edited by Jat; 11-28-2018 at 05:42 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:40 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Quote:
Let's be real. Wizards provide a certain level of flexible power that other classes simply don't have access to. Ya, that fighter paladin may nova hard. But, he can't stop spells with a well placed counter spell. He can't haste his allies, or slow his enemies. He can't talk to trees, or fly. Not to mention AOE dmg! If all you have is a hammer everything looks like an xp increase.
Indeed. But these house rules don't just apply to Wizards. Warlocks are a much less flexible class. They don't really need a weak spot that disables all their magic.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:07 AM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
I will toss out that I just want the non-weapons arcane focuses to be wands. I am in the camp that AFs and HSs should be used with somatic to create a spell.

If we break down magic into two categories weapon focused and spell focused, it is easy to see the line. Wizard -> wand, bladesinger -> weapon. But even with my preferred sensibilities a tome warlock having a book is super similar to the concerpt of a wand it's not relevant. I know for me when I get to be a player, I often don't even mention my AF. So rather then think of my preferences as nerfs, think of me highlighting it's awesomeness and importance.

I like to pretend I have rules about setting fluff, like wands atm, but the bottom line is if I like it your in. I think I know what I want, in a sense I am a picky beast. But to be honest this community always finds a way to exceed my expectations. I merely suggest things I think I want, and right now I am jamming on wands.

@All I'll review your stuff as many times as you want! I know it can be daunting but I am here. Ask eachother too!
Old 11-28-2018, 08:26 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 543
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Quote:
Tone: Dark doom constantly on the horizon, with a dab of modern heroic realism. Topped with a touch of awesome in the truest meaning of the word. I am gonna say soft PG-13. I fade to black and try to not over analyze gore. I want the focus to be around amazingly powerful characters. Don't underestimate what a mundane warrior can do while others are playing in the clouds.

Heavy Inspiration from movies such as Indiana Jones, The Mummy, and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
In the above context, your to ideas for characters based on modern folklore is really starting to hook me! Can I submit a few one liners of my own to see what resonates for development into an actual character application?
Old 11-28-2018, 08:35 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1198
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Just wanted to point out 'The Blood Hunter' class. It seems ready made for your game. From Ghosts, to Lycanthropes, to Jekyll and Hyde, to the Occult.

......I "might" make a character for your game Jat. The temptation is great!
Characters(Game): Gil Monroy(Freedom's Flight)/Aimi Kaoruko(Fleet Command: UFS Dresden)/Rain(The Wild Bunch)/Spinal Tap(The Third Great Matrix Crash)/Amya Falone(Storm King's Thunder)/Angus McDougal(The Ultimate Dungeon)