RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook
5 7 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 11-28-2018, 05:51 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 444
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
It's official, I'm using Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles and Shogun as the foundation for my character
Old 11-28-2018, 05:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3106
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
^ I am very interested to see how this works out, vampire-sama.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:57 PM
Blaaargh!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5084
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Giancarlo Lupo
right-aligned image

Name: Giancarlo Lupo

Sex: Male

Nationality: New York, United States

Role in the Party: Investigator, Sleuth, Assassin

Class: Rogue – Inquisitive(3), Blood Hunter- Order of the Lycan(9)

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Description: Lupo does not exude an aura of happiness. Quite the opposite, his hangdog appearance and heavily lidded eyes belight the fact that he has seen a lot… in fact maybe too much. Lupo drapes his solid yet short gorilla frame in well-cut suits, complete with vest and tie. He is never seen without his trademark weathered fedora that hangs low on his head. Lupo moves deceptively fast for someone of his build. His steady, confident gate matches his wolf-like personality. Once Johnny Lupo finds his prey, he does not quit...slowly... steadily... he will run it into the ground.

Last edited by Begon Ugo; 12-01-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:51 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 61
HandsOfBlue
Name: Garridan "Garry" Shelby
Sex: Male
Nationality: English
Role in the Party: Magic-Enhanced Sneak Attacking/Illicit Activity/Spymaster.
Class: Rogue [Arcane Trickster] (9) Ranger [Revised Gloom Stalker] (3)
Alignment: LN

Description: A tunnel rat in the days of the Great War, Garry Shelby is of a stature suitable for such work, standing just over five and one-half feet and weighing a lean eleven and one-half stone. He keeps his chestnut brown hair trimmed militarily close on the sides but allows some well-groomed length on the top, combing a single wave across the front to arc up and then down to the right in an emulation of the famous movie stars. The darkness of Shelby's hair stands in stark contrast to both the pallor of his skin and the two-tone luminescence of his eyes. One the green of Ireland's rolling fields and the other a clear, deep blue the likes of which the Thames will never know, his "evil eye" marked him for tragic greatness early on amongst his gypsy kin. Though proud of his time as a soldier, he left the rigidity and straightness of such a life in the tunnels beneath Verdun. Now, he walks with a casual, somewhat slouched posture more befitting the small spaces that were his world for four long years. Despite such a harsh experience, with only a slight scar on his left cheek to tell of it, he is blessed with a clean-shaven countenance that could melt the hardest heart and then turn into its bitter cold rival in the space of an eye's blink. As if birthed from the meeting of heaven and hell, Garridan Shelby is deadly charm packed in a custom charcoal suit.

On the occasion that the situation gets too tough to talk, threaten, or coerce his way out of, Garry likes to be prepared. So far, he hasn't found anything that his service revolver, favorite trench knife, and a very special Leprechaun whisker-cored, cherry wood wand couldn't overcome.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:53 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2465
Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamiac View Post
Before I get into my application more, I just want to verify that what I have so far is allowed.
Bugbear? Cavalier? I SEE THROUGH THE LIES OF THE JEDI! I know what your going for! I'd need to be insane to let you do that. Approved! I want a lineage out of you though. I want to know why he is here and now! You wanna cleave through my minions, I want a god danm good backstory for his race.

Hat of disguise: you'll have enough cash, but also you can do like an amulet of disguise. But, when he fights it needs to go away. I wanna feel the bear in your bug man bear.

Collasble glaive? Pitch me how this would look. I wanna say no, rock that areo hotah feel bruh.

Admantitum motorcycle: cuz I motor cycle isn't badass enough? You wanna blow a ton of money for no reason? Why though?
>Recruiting for The League of Extradordingary Gentlemen (5E)<
Old 11-29-2018, 12:23 AM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1055
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
I am a little surprised this hasnt come up yet...

Old 11-29-2018, 12:36 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I might be the only one who wasn't happy with/did like Gal's portrayal of WW

Now Xena Warrior Princess/Lucy Lawless... Mmm...
Old 11-29-2018, 10:58 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Just the bare bones for now

Miyamoto Hisako WIP
right-aligned image
Hisa-sama vamped out

Name: Miyamoto Hisako
Sex: Female
Nationality: Yamataikoku /modern day Japan/
Role in the Party: Party conscience /Tall order, but I'll give it my best /
Class: Blood Domain Cleric (7) Way of Tranquility Monk (5)
Description: Hisa-sama is outwardly a typical representative of her country of origin. With a body that is delicate and demure looking. Fragile even. She has gentle facial features and a kind aura about her. Because of that, most often than not, people make the mistake of assuming Hisako to be weak-bodied and weak of mind as well. Very few who've tried to test that theory have lived to tell the tale. For behind the diminutive frame and genteel mannerisms hides a monster few would willingly anger.

In line with her current path of redemption, Hisako prefers simple clothing, very akin to monk wear. She will often hide her mouth with a mask or a piece of cloth when out and about. If not for that little fact, nothing about the way she dresses and carries herself would make her stand out. Her weapon of choice is a pair of tonfa or the bo staff. But you would most often than not see her wielding her tonfa. She is utterly disgusted with herself whenever forced to use the talents granted to her by the nature of what she is. Hisa-sama can be quite deadly indeed. It is just that she chooses not to be.
Sample RP: give me a good example of your character in action in his chosen forte.

Background:

Last edited by ihinka; 12-07-2018 at 05:51 AM.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:10 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 543
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihinka View Post
Miyamoto Hisako WIP
Name: Miyamoto Hisako
Nationality: Yamataikoku /modern day Japan/
Role in the Party: Party conscience /Tall order, but I'll give it my best /
Class: Blood Domain Cleric (7) Way of Tranquility Monk (5)
Description: Give me a solid description of your character, and his weapon of choice/wand/spell focus.
Sample RP: give me a good example of your character in action in his chosen forte.
*Secret Below*
Background: How did your character get to where he or she is now? Remember, our starting level is twelve. Don't be afraid of greatness.
Here and Now: What motivates your character to be in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Are you out for saving the world? Or are you more nefarious?
Believe it or not, I've spent the better part of an hour thinking about how one of my character concepts could tie in with yours...except that:
A) Our Backstories are supposed to be secret
B) For the one I'm most keen on developing (Zatoichi), it would be an awkward (forced?) tie-in, given that you're a vampire and my guy is basically just a human. Also, you're a 'reformed' Tranquility Monk and I'd be a death-dealing Kensei Monk....doesn't exactly come across as the most compatible of combinations, despite the shared home country.

Still...fascinating possibility!
Old 11-29-2018, 02:04 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 226
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Application
Name: Elaine Cooper/Nimue
Nationality: English

Role in the Party: Melee combat, Light spellcasting
Class: HexbladeWarlock (12)
Alignment: NG
Description: Elaine is a tall, graceful young woman. Her ridiculously long brown hair is well maintained. She has playful green eyes, that hint at a desire for witty conversation. She looks perfectly suited to debate politics at high society gatherings.

On the battlefield, her aura is rather different. She strides forth, clad in strong, heavy armour. At a moment's notice, she can conjure any weapon she desires. Her favourite is a shining greatsword, that could be mistaken for Excalibur itself. Elaine likes to give her enemies a good impression of the woman who will soon destroy them.

Last edited by Kaiya; 11-29-2018 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:12 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
We could always have come across each other, but without knowing it. And when we reunite at the LXG there could be tension

Bare in mind, Hisa-sama would have left Japan during the Edo period to become a travelling Monk on a path of redemption. She could have gone back in later years, but who knows
Old 11-29-2018, 08:31 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 470
GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP
+1 for the Nimue idea.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:46 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 644
Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel
Um.

I have two applications pending (only playing one game right now) that will be decided by over the next week, so I still have a bit of time in my hands, and am very interested to apply with a warlock who has a Great Old One for a patron.

You don't mind if I've really, really, really wanted to create a character that's heavily inspired by H.P. Lovecraft, do you?

... Do you?

Last edited by Tinuviel; 11-30-2018 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:09 AM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2465
Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat
Cosmic horror will be a running theme. My only issue is lovecraft is almost exclusively evil, or at best indifferent to the fate of humanity. Which is exactly the opposite of what the team will be. All of us, the good and bad, together preventing extinction. The opposite would be indifference favoring destruction.

I will say I am insanely picky. It's a curse. If you had other ideas I would probably prefer them as I am not terribly on the warlock train as well. If you want to try to wow me I am game.
>Recruiting for The League of Extradordingary Gentlemen (5E)<
Old 11-30-2018, 01:31 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 644
Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat View Post
Cosmic horror will be a running theme. My only issue is lovecraft is almost exclusively evil, or at best indifferent to the fate of humanity. Which is exactly the opposite of what the team will be. All of us, the good and bad, together preventing extinction. The opposite would be indifference favoring destruction.

I will say I am insanely picky. It's a curse. If you had other ideas I would probably prefer them as I am not terribly on the warlock train as well. If you want to try to wow me I am game.
Fair enough.

I think I get what you're saying, and you'd be right to say that generally warlock patrons are evil, and Cthulhu more so; I was thinking more for my PC would be someone who has these powers thrust upon her/him without her consent, but uses her abilities to actually defy her patron and their servants because of what was done to her/him and from what she's seen of the evil that they do. It's not very fleshed out yet, but that's sort of what I was thinking.

I also was planning to "borrow" ideas from Penny Dreadful, Hellboy, and Oliver Twist, because those were also running in my head as I was reading your premise. Thanks for the feedback! I'll give you more details as I come up with better ideas.

Last edited by Tinuviel; 11-30-2018 at 01:36 AM.