... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 12-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4913
TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral
Adventures in Zamonia

Plot Summary

Adventures in Zamonia

All hail to thee, Zamonia,
beloved native land,
encircle by the ocean blue
and girt with silver sand
...and so on

Ah Zamonia, your glories have long since sunk 'neath the waves, but the stories of your illustrious heroes, nefarious villains, and bizarre beasts live on. This is the story of a few of those interesting creatures and their marvelous adventures. What is the story you say? Why, young sir/madam, it is the story that you've yet to write!

Hello RPGX! It is Lawful here again to offer up something that won't break your creative energies. Instead of giving you a massive world shaking plot to plod through, another elder evil to put to rest, a God to meet or defeat, I am giving you a wide weird world full of dangers, dungeons, and doom. It will be what you make of it as I am not looking for nor enforcing paragraphs long responses nor am I discouraging it. This can be as epic or banal as you make it, just know that the world is has many more heroes and danger lurks around every corner.

Game Name: Adventures in Zamonia
Number of Players: 3-4
Posting Rate: Slow/Casual
Game System & Setting: GLOG, Zamonia
Theme: Weird Beings having Weird Adventures, humor, dungeon crawling, sandbox
Flavor: Grilled Corn and Steamed Beer

Starting Level: 1
Stats: 3d6 in order
Races: Zamonian Race Chart
Classes: Fighter, Thief, Orthodox Wizard- New classes unlocked via exploration

What? No section for background or appearance or personality? That's right! You can give me as much or as little as you like, but I would like to see you develop and grow in game. I don't particularly care about reading thirty applications about sordid pasts, burnt orphanages, and chosen ones. Let who you are be revealed through play, be willing to let aspects of it be random, and let weird things be weird.

What is Zamonia?

Zamonia is a setting created by German cartoonist Walter Moers for his series of books including The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear, Rumo and his Miraculous Adventures, and The City of Dreaming Books. It is a continent that sunk beneath the waves by our time, not long after the great city of Atlantis vanished. It is inhabited by a slew of bizarre beings from Chromobears to Noctrunomaths to Grailsundian Hazelwitches to Wolpertingers. The world's largest ship, the S.S. Moloch, sails the seas. The Eternal Tornado blows through a desert of sugar. Raindrops the size of boulders come down upon the near complete iron Gloomburg mountains and a 15 mile tall head slumbers by the shore. It is a place where books can be dangerous, impossible coincidences happen frequently, and you never know when you might drop through a Dimensional Hiatus and experience all of time and space in an instant.

What is GLOG?

GLOG (Goblin Laws of Gaming) is a simple OSR system that should appeal to those interested in E6 style games, dungeon crawling, and games that depend more on lateral thinking than math. Experience is gained by exploration and looting over combat and it is on the Silver Standard. 1GP=1XP, and you can choose to either spend your treasure, use it straight for XP, or you can always take a risk carousing!

Last edited by TheLawfulNeutral; 12-05-2018 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 04:16 PM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics
TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral
second post held for FAQs
Old 12-03-2018, 04:22 PM
The penguins are coming

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10694
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Well, ran out of arguments as to why not. It looks like fun and well who doesn't love a bit of chaotic enjoyment. Will start on this right now, but wont be done immediately.

Edit: Well to start, clearly my ol dear THINKS they are a fighter, I shall have to figure out a tiny bit more why the delusion but off to a great start.

Race: Twerpps
Class: Fighter
Stats:
Str 9
Dex 12
Con 12
Int 15
Wis 7
Cha 7
HP 8/8

Advantage: Can identify medicinal properties by taste
Disadvantage: -2 Initiative

Last edited by Kapera; 12-03-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:31 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4498
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
I'm considering applying. Working things out in game is quite appealing, and the system seems easy enough. I'll sleep on it though, as I have a fair few other games.

Anything one should know about the list of races, for example what the Asterisk that some of them have means?
Old 12-03-2018, 05:57 PM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics
Aye yes, so as you see the race list in In Progress. Everything listed comes from the books by Walter Moers, however some are mentioned only in passing or only as a name. so the ones with an asterisk are ones that I've had to personally create some lore for. If you randomly roll a race and get one that is not finished, I'm open to suggestions for the creation of the race.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:45 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Ok, so it is really fully random, or that's an option at least. I'm down with that. And considering there seems to be no ban on rolling in the ad thread I will do so immediately and then sleep on the concrete combination of stuff.

EDIT: I won't lie - the idea of a smart but otherwise useless giant foot-person that is also a wizard is getting me a little pumped. I'll still sleep on it, but those were some great rolls for my imagination.

ApplicationRace: Anklemen
Class: Orthodox Wizard
Stats:
Str 4
Dex 9
Con 9
Int 16
Wis 5
Cha 8
HP 5/5

Advantage: Kick/Stomp as Heavy Weapon
Disadvantage: Most traditional gear does not work

Last edited by Phettberg; 12-04-2018 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:16 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 149
TNK TNK
I'm enthusiastic about randomness for something off the wall, let's see where the numbers end up.

Danish Dunefolk Fighter it seems, sounds somewhat Beowulf-like to me.

Last edited by TNK; 12-03-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11165
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Sounds kooky and wierd, what can possibly go wrong

Race:
dwarves with a great liking for canal construction, mostly from homesickness
Venetian Midgets
Class: Thief
Stats:
Str 11
Dex 7
Con 7
Int 5
Wis 12
Cha 8
HP 8/8

Advantage: None
Disadvantage: None

Definitely some oddness with a dwarf who wants to build canals, who is a thief that is not very handy nor particularly bright, a tad on the frail side and definitely not somebody who you want to spend some time around but if nothing else can lug a pick ax and has some words of wisdom to possibly share. "Don't eat the yellow snow..."

Last edited by OneDarkness; 12-03-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:09 PM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics
TNK look like you’ve got s rather buff fighter Housecat, Puss in Boots as it were. Your roll Puett is appropriately bizarre for the setting and system hahaha.

Edit: Ninja’s me OD. I need to stat up the midgets looks like haha, I’m loving these rolls!

Double Edit: Dang lol, I keep forgetting with me table that the first item is table up by table headers lol.

Last edited by TheLawfulNeutral; 12-04-2018 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:16 AM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics
Well, 4 is enough to start with once I get my sub-forum. I could always just open stuff up on one of my already established ones though.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:25 AM
The penguins are coming

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10694
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
I wont lie, the above looks like an amazing mess of chaos and doom. The haphazard nature is delightful on all counts. I already have things stewed in my head that both amuse me and seem to make a sort of twisted logical sense. I am all for diving headlong into this, probably dying horribly/hilariously and starting anew.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1601
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
I have been trying to decide if I have time for this ... but it is too good to pass up. I will roll up in case you need a backup...

Edit: hairless-legged bear fighter with all the appropriate stats in the right places ...the dice roller on this site never does what I want
STR 13
DEX 8
CON 13
INT 12
WIS 10
CHA 11
a whole bunch of meatsacks | Randall Smith, mending fences

Last edited by Roekahs; 12-05-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:09 PM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics
Ah good rolls Roekahs! You've got a Bluddum Fighter, which they have the perfect aptitude for. Big shaggy creatures that look like a cross between a bear, a man, and a bulldog. Not to be trifled with!
Old 12-05-2018, 06:44 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
In case it had slipped under your radar: I'm in as well. I updated my initial post with the results in that neat format but forgot to mention as such.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:04 AM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics

I've got my game folder and am in the process of making it nice for us!