Other Dark*Matter: The Hoffmann Institute - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jan 11th, 2015, 10:14 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34202
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoylen View Post
Thank you all for the PMs and apps.... we are closed to need apps at the moment.
We'll have results in by the end of this week.

Thanks again, Savy
Very interesting, is that still closed? Please ping me if we can still apply I really like this concept.

Cheers,
Old Jan 11th, 2015, 11:13 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34130
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
I'm happy to announce that we have selected our two new recruits. The interview and selection process was very difficult. We REALLY appreciate those who expressed interest, and esp. those who completed the applications!

Shaman Of Ohio will be joining us, playing Joseph "Kanuna" Write.
And
Neqq will be joining us, playing Dr. River McGurk.

Human Resources asks that the selected recruits post their CS in the forum to complete the paper work to process your hire.

We look forward to seeing you in the field, soon!

- Savy
Old Jan 12th, 2015, 07:56 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Have fun guys, I will try to join next time.
Old Jan 12th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Grumpy Old Wrym

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2627
Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays
Kevin has to whistle through just about all the invitational hymns he knows to check all the entrances to the Arena, but he confirms that they are all locked. It seems like he’d need some heavier equipment to break the chains. So he places a call to his Hoffman contact. No answer. He waits in his car for a return call. A rumbling stomach tells him when he’s waited long enough. Who’s he kidding? He’s always been a man of words. Abandoned arenas and industrial locks are not in his wheelhouse.

Wasn’t there another brochure in the stack that caught his eye? Right, Healing Waters Tabernacle. Sounds like a nice group of people. He calls his contact again. No answer. Rummaging around in the glove compartment provides just the thing he needs to put this Hoffman nonsense behind him and fill him with inspiration again. A sandwich bag with a quarter ounce of dried mushrooms. As he pulls away from the arena, he starts popping them like chitlins. The tabernacle reverend will surely see that God requires him to step aside. He might need a little convincing.
Old Jan 12th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10543
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
Good work. Enjoy the game!
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 01:35 AM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
We have a position open on the team!

If you are interested in this type of game, please read the first post and leave any questions you might have here.

- Savoy
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 10:40 AM
Star Gazing Nerd

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6277
asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8
Conspiracies? Magic? Modern times? And the FATE system no less?

...I can't say for sure I'll have something, but there's some ideas already bubbling around in my head. I'll try to get something more concrete up for the weekend. I'm sort of tempted with mixing Action Scientist a la Atomic Robo with "Big Data" Analyst, but I'll need to glance around a little to get more of the themes involved, to make sure I get the right feel, since I am unfamiliar with Dark*Matter. Though, for the current bubbling... when I think magic and aliens, I go straight to cosmic horror. Is that a thing in Dark*Matter, or is it more surmountable threats that this clandestine agency deals with?
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 05:59 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image

NAME: Ayako Yukimura
PLACE OF BIRTH: Los Angeles
CODE NAME: Firefly

HIGH CONCEPT: Telepath who want to know all your secrets!

TROUBLE: I'm curious and can't help it

SKILLS:

+4 Domination FX
+3 Telekinesis FX, Athletics, Stealth
+2 Will, Rapport, Deceive
+1 Computer, Physical, Notice, Fight

PHYSICAL: 3; MENTAL: 4; FATE: 3; SCALE: medium; CONSEQUENCES: 3

ASPECTS:
- Spoil Prodigy. The institute give her a lot of money for her services. She lives in luxury and with a smile she can requisition anything she needs.
- A Price on My Head. North Korean secret services are looking for her to get revenge.
- A cat always fall back on his feet. She's very flexible, when falling or doing tumbles she hardly getting hurt and always get back on her feet.

STUNTS:
- You can't hide your secret from me. +2 bonus on read mind.
- Man are all the same. +2 bonus on mind control against man.
- No one get in my head. Immune to read mind.
- Weight and number doesn't matter. Can use telekinesis to lift large and multiple-objects.

EXTRAS: Organization - Hoffmann Institute

LANGUAGES SPOKEN: Korean, Mandarin, Japanese, English (No accent)

REAL AGE: 19
REAL PLACE OF BIRTH: North Korea

BACKGROUND: Mi-Cha is born in a typical city in North Korea and grew there in awful conditions under the rule of the communist party. One day when she was 9 years old, government soldiers and agents came in her ward of the city and asked all the children to be gathered for inspection. They performed all kinds of physical and mental examination and they discovered that Mi-Cha was a telepath. She then was selected for a special program. Her family was compensated to keep their mouth shut and just like that, Mi-Cha ended up in a truck in direction of a secret government facility.

Her training as a spy for the government started immediately, she learned many languages and everything there is to know about the world of intelligence. They taught her how to develop her talent, infiltrate, manipulate, blend-in, seduce and kill. Mi-Cha has a mind of steal, but nothing could had prepared her for the unhuman experiments performed in the facility and she was one of the guinea pigs. The physical training was unbearable and only few of the children that was selected at the same time as Mi-Cha survived and could complete the training. She lost so many friends that she shut her mind and wish that one day she could escape and hope for a better life. The final test was to fight to the death with her best friend in the facility, something inside her died that day.

When she finally was 18, she received intensive plastic surgery to have a gentle face and a perfect body, this was meant to make her a more efficient spy and prevent nobody from her previous life could recognize ever her. She was activated as a passive agent in South Korea with a mission to observe the government. For the first time she felt free for a moment, until she realized that senior agents had a close eye on her. She played the game and gain her agency confidence over time waiting for an opportunity to escape. Eventually she was assigned to China, her mission was simple, she had to seduce one of the gouvernment official and steal government secret. She played her game well and was able to complete her mission, but was caught before she could escape the country. Of course the North-korea goverment denied all kind of involvment and they leaked informations so that Mi-Cha was identify as a South-Korean agent by the chinese. She was tortured for weeks.

Few weeks after her captures, an American commando of SEALs was deployed in her jail located south of China to free a CIA agent that was next to her cell. One of the solider saw her covered in blood and had pity on her. They helped Mi-Cha to escape and took her with them. She was extracted to USA and the captain who made this decision was court-martial to have free her, an unknown agent, but had the satisfaction of having done the right thing. Mi-Cha was debrief and collaborated with the CIA, eventually she was given the opportunity to join the hoffman agency.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	64140   Click image for larger version

Name:	1366x768_nfs-carbon-asian-girl-wide-HD-Wallpaper.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	64141   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	64158  

Last edited by MoonZar; May 1st, 2015 at 06:09 PM.
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 06:05 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 42485
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Totally gonna get my app for Tech junkie Olivia Han Malayn done this time around!
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 06:11 PM
Great Wyrm
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15355
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Can we get a crypto-zoologist maybe? I'm not POSITIVE but I think some of our group may need such a handler on occasion.
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 06:17 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Hah! Hey Oggy.
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 06:58 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
I'm working on a telepath character. I hope it can fit the fate system.
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 07:15 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
Anything can fit FATE. It's one of the most open-ended systems there is. It's DM approval w'need to worry about!

Last edited by Humble Athena; Apr 22nd, 2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 07:41 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by asura8 View Post
... I'm sort of tempted with mixing Action Scientist a la Atomic Robo with "Big Data" Analyst, but I'll need to glance around a little to get more of the themes involved, to make sure I get the right feel, since I am unfamiliar with Dark*Matter. Though, for the current bubbling... when I think magic and aliens, I go straight to cosmic horror. Is that a thing in Dark*Matter, or is it more surmountable threats that this clandestine agency deals with?
Could be... I think it something like X-files meets Warehouse 13. If is Legend or Urban Lore, it fits here, sometimes with a wicked twist.

BTY - BIG LOVE of Atomic Robo here!

Last edited by savoylen; Apr 22nd, 2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 07:46 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Athena View Post
Totally gonna get my app for Tech junkie Olivia Han Malayn done this time around!
WE REALLY need a tech - but I think I need to give full disclosure here.

So far, the Tech's have been our "Red Shirts". I'm not sure why that is, but we are going through them in Bushels. The last one was kidnapped by a rouge FBI agent, who 'might' have been working for the Illuminati, having recently transformed (in remission) to a Sandman (think "borg"ed).