Game Thread Chillhame - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Aug 3rd, 2015, 03:00 PM
theta sigma theta sigma is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2015
RPXP: 5
theta sigma
Posts: 21
Ancil quickly side-eyes the party and takes the opportunity to pray before the statue. Ancil finishes praying and draws near to take a closer look at the flowers, even venturing a hand up to delicately tilt one of the flowers towards him. Suddenly, he turns his head in the direction of the door to the church. "Do you all hear that?" He says aloud to the party, "That whistling? Someone's coming." He says, preparing to meet whomever might be about to happen upon the group inside the chapel.

Last edited by VTCarico; Aug 3rd, 2015 at 03:19 PM.
  #77  
Old Aug 3rd, 2015, 05:52 PM
VTCarico's Avatar
VTCarico VTCarico is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2015
RPXP: 4
VTCarico
Posts: 33

Last edited by VTCarico; Aug 4th, 2015 at 12:49 PM.
  #78  
Old Aug 3rd, 2015, 06:55 PM
swapna swapna is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 22nd, 2020
RPXP: 680
swapna swapna swapna swapna swapna swapna
Posts: 122
Kyra gets up quick, still trying to place the whistling.

Quietly, she addresses Ancil: "Now I'm hearing it, too. Maybe they can help." She chooses the easiest path through the church towards the main entrance, trying not to disturb anything. Just before she reaches the door, she calls out: "Hello? Is anybody there?"
  #79  
Old Aug 3rd, 2015, 08:24 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is offline
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2021
RPXP: 29974
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 8,281
Norio, almost hovering over Ancil as he prays, steps down of the altar. He listens to the prayer with a look of... detachment? indifference?

When Ancil and Kyra begin speaking of whistles, Norio's eyes scan the area, but he looks as if he can't decide where the sound is coming from. He raises an eyebrow as Kyra calls out. He mutters, barely audible, "Hm... Perhaps yelling is not wise." He take up a central position in the chapel and hooks his scabbard back onto his belts as he moves. He maintains an intentionally calm breathing pattern, and lays his hands on the hilt of his sword. He is not in a tense battle stance, but he is relaxed, still, and ready to respond, if need be.

Last edited by Wynamoinen; Aug 6th, 2015 at 10:14 AM. Reason: prey/pray d'oh
  #80  
Old Aug 3rd, 2015, 11:23 PM
Cobeslice Cobeslice is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 2nd, 2015
RPXP: 4
Cobeslice
Posts: 19
Kildrak was so absorbed in the stonework on the floor that he barely noticed Ancil going to pray before the altar. He didn't even notice the whistling until it was upon him. Though they didn't have too many religious men in his home, he knew a man of faith when he saw one. Kildrak stood from his crouched position and picked his axe up from the floor where it had lay next to him. Kildrak stowed the axe on his back, and attempted to appear as non-threatening as possible.

He wandered up next to Elisa. "Mebbe the bard should be the one to be speakin' fer us?" Kildrak didn't specifically have anything against Ancil, but he looked more like a novice than anything else. He made a mental note to try and remember to discuss what little her could ascertain from the stone flooring to the group when he could. Kildrak knew he had few marketable skills aside from swinging his axe with great force, and he intended to be useful as long as possible.
  #81  
Old Aug 3rd, 2015, 11:31 PM
mvredd mvredd is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 13th, 2015
RPXP: 6
mvredd
Posts: 19
Elisa looks around, following the source of the noise. Ancil and Kyra both looking around much as Elisa is. "It's coming from over there. The man in the white robes walking down the street," she whispers loud enough for the group to hear. She'd seen Ancil praying, and makes a guess. "It looks like he's headed into the church. Ancil, if you share a deity, it may be wise for you to approach him. Either way, he's headed towards us..." She looks around at the rest of the party. "Quick. What are we going to tell him. Why are we looking for the sword? We need an alibi."
  #82  
Old Aug 4th, 2015, 04:15 AM
swapna swapna is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 22nd, 2020
RPXP: 680
swapna swapna swapna swapna swapna swapna
Posts: 122
Mostly ignoring Norio's mutterings, Kyra takes a few steps back and stands next to Kildrak, making sure her weaponry is at least tucked away.

She talks quietly, just loud enough to be heard by the group. "Agreed, dw-... Kildrak. And... for the moment, I wouldn't mention the sword. First, I want to know who they are, what they need, start a conversation. We're travellers, we're in a church, maybe their place of worship - that's a good place to start."

Last edited by swapna; Aug 4th, 2015 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Shh.
  #83  
Old Aug 4th, 2015, 12:41 PM
VTCarico's Avatar
VTCarico VTCarico is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2015
RPXP: 4
VTCarico
Posts: 33

Last edited by VTCarico; Aug 4th, 2015 at 12:48 PM.
  #84  
Old Aug 6th, 2015, 08:32 PM
theta sigma theta sigma is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2015
RPXP: 5
theta sigma
Posts: 21
Ancil thinks for a moment, somewhat reluctant to speak for the entire group due to his youth. At the dwarf's suggestion that Elisa should be the one to speak, and considering Kyra's suggestion, he nods. He keeps his eyes fixed on the man approaching and while he jogs closer, he turns to Elisa. "They're right. I may be a priest of the same order, but I'm sure nobody can spin a tale more quickly than a bard. I'm on a pilgrimage, visiting all of Blediwesse's chapels." He says to both Elisa and the group at large, "We are all pilgrims. If he asks more questions..." He looks around trying to meet the eyes of everyone in the party to secure their agreement, ""If he asks more questions, I'm sure Elisa can weave us all quick stories."
  #85  
Old Aug 6th, 2015, 09:37 PM
VTCarico's Avatar
VTCarico VTCarico is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2015
RPXP: 4
VTCarico
Posts: 33

Last edited by VTCarico; Aug 6th, 2015 at 09:48 PM.
  #86  
Old Aug 7th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is offline
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2021
RPXP: 29974
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 8,281
Norio keeps his hands resting, in a relaxed manner, on his sword hilt as the priest enters. As the priest speaks, his face remains neutral but his eyebrow raises. When the priest is done speaking, Norio begins to open his mouth as if to speak, but then squints at Ancil with his left eye. He pauses, then closes his mouth, sighs, takes another deep breath, wiping the skeptical expression off his face. He looks expectantly at Elisa.
  #87  
Old Aug 8th, 2015, 03:26 AM
swapna swapna is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 22nd, 2020
RPXP: 680
swapna swapna swapna swapna swapna swapna
Posts: 122
Noticing Ancil's insecurity, Kyra steps behind him, as if to physically support him. As the friendly priest enters, she mirrors his smile, and as he greets everyone, she respectfully bows her head to him. She looks at Ancil, as if expecting him to speak.
  #88  
Old Aug 8th, 2015, 06:46 PM
theta sigma theta sigma is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2015
RPXP: 5
theta sigma
Posts: 21
"A good morning to you, sir" Ancil says bowing courteously to the priest, "I am Ancil Bell. These are my companions," he says tilting his head to indicate the rest of the group. "We arrived this morning, hoping to see the chapel. We were just admiring the flowers around the statue. She must smile upon you for such devotion." he said, stuttering slightly and cautiously trying to avoid saying anything terribly untrue, keeping in mind that the group could need the priest's help later.

Last edited by theta sigma; Aug 8th, 2015 at 06:47 PM.
  #89  
Old Aug 8th, 2015, 08:14 PM
VTCarico's Avatar
VTCarico VTCarico is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2015
RPXP: 4
VTCarico
Posts: 33

Last edited by VTCarico; Aug 8th, 2015 at 08:16 PM.
  #90  
Old Aug 9th, 2015, 07:52 AM
Cobeslice Cobeslice is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 2nd, 2015
RPXP: 4
Cobeslice
Posts: 19
Kildrak eyes the entire situation carefully, read to jump into an attack a moments notice. His barbarian nature and warrior nurture don't often lend him to times of rest in unfamiliar situations. He can see that the priest's actions all indicate that he does not mean the group any danger, but he also remembers the warrior priests of his clan and the damage they could do by invoking the name of their god. In his own god's temple, who knows how much power and energy he could muster with a single word.

The thought sends a shiver down Kildrak's spine, but he does his best to keep stalwart. "You're flooring is some mighty fine craftsman ship. Even better than a dwarf could muster after hundreds of years of practice," Kildrak says to the priest. He's not sure if he meant it as a compliment, an observation, or some form of backhanded compliment, but there it was. He moves to stand in between both Ancil and Calziver, as they both appear particular fragile.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB