Notices

Closed Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 680
swapna swapna swapna swapna swapna swapna
Seeing Ancils obvious discomfort, she mirrors the priests efforts - an open smile, non-threatening body language, vulnerable gestures... Extending her hand in greeting, she moves towards him. "Father, it is so very nice to meet you. Name's Kyra Dregil. And yes, we arrived on foot - we're still uncertain where the journey might take us. But I think we'll stay for a few days."Pausing to take an obvious look around, she adds: "My companions are right - the chapel's foundation is stalwart, and it is not abandoned by you or her." "Might I ask - what's your name, Father?"
Old Aug 9th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4
VTCarico

Last edited by VTCarico; Aug 9th, 2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old Aug 10th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5
theta sigma
"You've done well, all things considered, then." He continues, brushing a hand over the old pews. "Kyra is right. The chapel at home is the same. Humble origins, a humble congregation, but we kept it up as best we could. It meant too much to not take care of." Ancil says, looking about the church, continuing carefully "It's such a shame that it should fall into disrepair, considering all the things we've heard about it." He tries to say casually as if just recounting an old legend, "Part of the reason we stopped in was the connection we heard it had with the legend of Starkweather John, after all."
Old Aug 10th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VTCarico

Last edited by VTCarico; Aug 10th, 2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old Aug 10th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Cobeslice
An idea blazes through Kildrak's mind, and for the first time in forever it isn't an idea to drink, have sex, or smite something. Slowly he turns to the group, before taking a deep breath to speak up. "Father, forgive me ah moment, but ah'd like to speak with m' frien's..." Kildrak motions to everyone to meet him a bit back from the priest. Once they all meander over, he speaks in as low a tone as his voice will allow, praying the churches echo doesn't work against him.

"Ah'm of the mind that we are 'ard up for ah place to sleep... An' we 'ave the muscle an' brain to bring some glory back t' this old place. Per'aps in exchange for room an' board?" The idea hangs out amongst the group waiting to be shot down, or rallied against. Not being one to shy away from a hard days work for an honest meal and a place to sleep, Kildrak hopes he can persuade his new allies to do the same."T'would not be ah bad start to 'eroing," he adds, almost erroneously.
Old Aug 10th, 2015, 08:42 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29974
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Norio has been holding his tongue, waiting for the more personable folk to transact their business. At this point, he has taken his hands of his sword.

He follows Kildrak to the side conference and listens to the proposal. "I could be persuaded to do this. I've done more distasteful tasks for a night's rest. This lonely old man would likely appreciate it. Perhaps he would be forthcoming about the locations of the relics of Starkweather John if we did him some meager service."
Old Aug 11th, 2015, 05:58 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kyra follows the group; and on Kildrak's suggestion she tries to estimate what they could offer, keeping in mind that they're no professional craftsmen. "We could just ask for an inn, you know?" Kyra smiles. "But I agree - I don't mind the work, and while I'm no carpenter, I know enough to do repairs."
Almost as an afterthought, she says: "I'd still ask if Bronce has an inn, though. It couldn't hurt to get to know the people here."

Last edited by swapna; Aug 11th, 2015 at 07:47 AM.
Old Aug 12th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6
mvredd
Elisa nods. "Agreed," she says before nodding and returning to the priest. "Mr. Bronson it is a pleasure to meet you. I'm Elisa Barton," she says offering her hand. "I know this is a small town, and I'm sure you don't get many visitors, but I was wondering if there was an inn at town that we might use for the next few nights, or, if not, we would be more than happy to exchange a few hard days work returning the chapel to its former glory in exchange for a few soft beds." She looks around the place a bit more and then asks him another question."Also, I was wondering if you might be able to help me further. I'm a bit of an amateur historian and the old stories of Starkweather John are some of my favorites to perform," she says, patting her lute. "I was curious, specifically, about any old relics that the town might have that are connected to him, his armaments, personal affects, grave site, anything at all. Could you help me with that?"
Old Aug 12th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
theta sigma
"And I, too.." Ancil cut in after Elisa persisted in asking after Starkweather John. "I don't often see brothers and sisters of the cloth, either. Particularly not in this region." He agreed with the priest, "I'd be most grateful to visit any library you might have. We've been traveling so long, it is refreshing to be in one of the Goddess' chapels again. If indeed we can be of service to you somehow." He said, agreeing with what was evidently the group's plan.
Old Aug 13th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3
Zugly
Ever since Calziver entered the church and felt the strengthening of the group, he has been studying the details of all of it. I've never been one much for churches, but this place seems comforting. He felt this mainly because it was the first mostly enclosed space he had been in in his recent memory, giving a better sense of surroundings to the svirfneblin. The foundation seems excellent and the walls sturdy enough... just no working roof. He thought it was also due for general repair, cleaning, and organization. If he could also gain a bed and information for it, why not? When it felt appropriate, he introduced himself "Calziver happy to meet Tobias Bronson. Glad to help, hands have often seen work." Calziver then goes back to being slightly propped against whatever is convenient.

That feeling I had earlier was probably no coincidence. This church is most likely more important to me, and to the rest of us, than just for seeking the sword... but still that is apparently the key, so says the voice at least, I'm glad it has been brought up.

Last edited by VTCarico; Aug 14th, 2015 at 07:10 PM.
Old Aug 14th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VTCarico

Last edited by VTCarico; Aug 17th, 2015 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Sorry. Formatting sh*t out
Old Aug 17th, 2015, 01:30 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6
mvredd
"Wonderful! That's certainly more information than we came here with. Thank you for indulging me, father," she said. Morton, Elisa chants to herself, so as to remember the name of the lad he had mentioned. Hopefully, between all of us we have enough gold to reserve a room or two for the party at this Golden Nugget. If not, it's camping for us all. "What is the inn keeper's name there?" She asked. As she thought back over the priest's statements, however, she did a double take. Hobgoblins? Here? In a place as small as this? "Wait, what do you mean rouge bands of hobgoblins? What business do they have in Chillhame?"
Old Aug 17th, 2015, 01:34 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
theta sigma
Waiting until after the priest answers Elisa's question, so as not to be rude, Ancil makes sure to commit to memory the name of the person that could know more about the stories of Starkweather John. He also makes sure to remember that his burial site is somewhere around the chapel.
Seems as likely a place to bury the sword, as any, Ancil reasons to himself. "It's a pity we can't help with anything, Father. We certainly hate to be more of an imposition than we have to be. Do you think you could tell us where to find Morton? Our Elisa is something of a curator of old stories and we'd certainly be glad to hear something new." He jokes weakly, trying to look as though the group is familiar with one another.
Old Aug 17th, 2015, 07:42 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kyra raises an eyebrow - her curiosity is piqued. She listens to the questions to the priest (and the answers he gives), especially the one about hobgoblins and bandits. The area doesn't look very rich, but that's probably the reason why they're here - nobody has enough money for bodyguards or to properly arm or train their militia.

Golden Nugget? The old mine was a goldmine? Looking out of the chapel, Kyra tries to make out any building that could be the inn.
Old Aug 17th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29974
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Norio has been continuing to watch the conversation silently, repeatedly opening his mouth as if to speak, only to reconsider and close it.

This is a tiresome. Either this priest is playing a game, or he is woefully ignorant. Likely both. And yet we pander to him...

He shifts in place more and more as the conversation proceeds, and finally begins to pace as all the pleasantries are exchanged. Finally, he can't seem to restrain his words anymore. Speaking quietly, almost in a growl, he says, "Father, I am called Norio. We have reason to believe that one of the greatest relics of Starkweather John was placed into the hands of the town priest near the place called 'Tump'. You are a priest, and there is a town nearby. We have heard tales that this priest has hidden the relic, which we very much would like to see. I find it surprising that you claim to know nothing about these things." Norio does not make any hostile actions, but his body language very much gives the impression of 'my patience is being tried', as he continues to pace with his head hanging down slightly.
Closed Thread