Story Chapter 001 - The Prelude to glory - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Goblins of Goblinton (Evil) > Archives
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Oct 29th, 2016, 11:47 PM
Xalnaga's Avatar
Xalnaga Xalnaga is offline
Watching siliently
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 3123
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Posts: 5,227
NarrativeWith a gurgle and a few pops the spear sticks out the other end of the pig.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Oct 29th, 2016, 11:51 PM
TiesKnots's Avatar
TiesKnots TiesKnots is offline
Insert clever title here
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 26th, 2020
RPXP: 519
TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots
Posts: 884
Ties Knots, Male Forest-Goblin Rogue
right-aligned image

Ties watched with amusement at the sight of Zorb's skewering of the meats. Not because he cared much for hurting the animal. The Raggles won the battle, so in the Goblin's mind this wasn't an animal any more. They had turned the animal into meats. The skewering was amusing because it looked like Zorb was having a hard time getting it to work, and when Zorb gets frustrated he gets a silly look on his face.

"Gonna go find us a safe place ta rest", he says,
Dice Stealth:
1d20+9 (8)+9 Total = 17
disappearing into the underbrush. He saw a patch of rocks a while back, maybe there was a cave or something they could hide out in.

As he searched, an odd thought came to him. If it was a Bugbear they were leading through here, Ties would likely have backed Morbid's idea of pushing on to Goblinton. Greedy as they were, the Bugbears probably wouldn't leave the meats. Ties allowed himself the daydream of predators removing the biggest threat to Gobbo freedom. The silly grin appeared on his face again as he considered it.

The Gobbos are lucky they're family.

OOC
 
__________________
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Oct 30th, 2016, 12:11 AM
Reket's Avatar
Reket Reket is offline
The Silver Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 21st, 2017
RPXP: 99
Reket
Posts: 524
FitzFitz scratches his head a bit as he watches Zorb try to stab the boar through. "If we'z go now, we be slower with the bacon. Easier prey for other nasties that come out at night. Need to move fast and have eyez looking all around." As much as he would rather wait out the night, Morbid makes a good point. The meat wouldn't stay fresh forever. But it was still a risk going through the forest at night. Especially carrying a large boar with them. "We needz a plan. We found bacon by luck, but we'z not gonna get it home with just luck."

Fitz turns and looks at the spear in his hand, then back at Zorb. "Dunno if spear will hold with the bacon on it. Theyz be old weaponz. Maybe we tie feetz together and use another spear to lift bacon on itz side?" He hadn't needed his spear to fight the boar, so not having it while moving through the night wouldn't effect his use too much.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Oct 30th, 2016, 03:57 AM
Peachyco Peachyco is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 20th, 2018
RPXP: 3701
Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco
Posts: 1,860
Iggy, Female Forest-Goblin Druid
left-aligned image

Iggy began repeatedly pinching the tip of her right ear, which years ago had been sheared by a bear. It was an involuntary action that reflected her irritation. As her brothers wasted time with carrying the boar, night was quickly catching up to them. While goblins do have the ability to see somehow in darkness, Darkvision 60: In darkness, see up to 60ft as if in dim lightit was still very limited to several paces.

"Hurrys," she called out to her siblings. "Yous lot wants to get back to town tonight, but yous is mucking about o'er here." She then began pointing toward the sky. "Night coming fast. We see in dark, but not good like in daylight. Do what yous think good to carry dat bacon, but be quick about it!"

Gathering the vines that they'd untied earlier, Iggy handed them to Fitz, who had the idea of tying the boar's legs to another spear so that more goblins can help in carrying it. The idea had its merits, the druid admitted, but she was growing too concerned about the gathering night to contribute more ideas to transporting the boar.

The young druid looked up to the darkening sky once more, trying to see if the stars or the moon would at least shed some light this night. She put a finger into her mouth, wetting it with her saliva, and then brought the hand up over her head. She was looking to get a measure on the wind, trying to determine if the wind was gathering strength, as it would in a storm. In case there was a storm brewing, she began searching her mind for ideas on where she can lead this ragtag group.


OOC
 

 
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Oct 31st, 2016, 02:26 AM
TheGreyWulf's Avatar
TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf is offline
Certified Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 13th, 2017
RPXP: 1451
TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf
Posts: 494
Swagz the Bard
right-aligned image

Young Swagz couldn't help cringing when Zorb ran the boar through with the spear. He had thought that it was going to be all fun and glorious - well, at least it did in his head. The truth was a lot more gruesome. Suddenly, he remembered why he didn't take the apprenticeship to Meatz.

But then Iggy's advice struck deep in him. He looked up. Yep, getting pretty dark. Don't wanna be lugging around big, fat bacon in da dark. Looking to expedite their travel either back to town, or to whatever shelter Ties and Iggy can find, the young bard swallowed hard to keep himself from throwing up, and moved to help Zorb and Fitz secure the boar to the spears. "What yous needs me to do, Fitz?"


OOC
Swagz uses the Help action to provide advantage to Fitz, Zorb, or whoever is tying the giant boar to the spear.

 

Last edited by TheGreyWulf; Oct 31st, 2016 at 02:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Nov 1st, 2016, 03:02 AM
bratr's Avatar
bratr bratr is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2018
RPXP: 419
bratr bratr bratr bratr bratr
Posts: 452
ZorbZorb crossed the front and back hooves across the second spear and
Dice Slight of Hand:
1d20+2 (19)+2 Total = 21
lashed the hooves together with the remaining vines, doubling up as many times as possible.

“That will hold.”

Zorb wasn’t convinced himself, but everyone was getting bored, and that would lead to trouble.

“Lift it and lets go.”

Zorb grabbed the bottom of the spear that remained sticking out of the mouth of the boar. When joined by his brother’s he lifted it onto his shoulder. The boar was heavy, but maybe the spears would hold for a while.

“Iggy, watch for truble! Ties will find spot, we head toward village.”

Zorb took a first step, trusting his
Dice Survival:
1d20+2 (19)+2 Total = 21
instincts to guide him home.



OOCSorry for low-quality post, things are busy right now IRL.
 


Last edited by bratr; Nov 1st, 2016 at 03:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Nov 1st, 2016, 06:09 AM
Spellthief's Avatar
Spellthief Spellthief is offline
Dustman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 5th, 2018
RPXP: 157
Spellthief Spellthief
Posts: 433
MorbidWatching Zorb's effort to plunge a spear into the boar made Morbid smile again. That goblin doesn't have anything inside his head, at least he is strong. While thinking about Zorb's incompetence he decided to get to more urgent problems: moving the boar. "Let's go, stop wasting time at discussing how to do it and just do it. Get it up and start moving!" Trying to sound as much assertive as possible Morbid noticeably didn't had any intension of actual carrying the boar himself. He learned that trick watching C bossing around everyone in his charge. If I'll sound like a master, they will follow my orders!
__________________
Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Nov 1st, 2016, 02:02 PM
Reket's Avatar
Reket Reket is offline
The Silver Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 21st, 2017
RPXP: 99
Reket
Posts: 524
FitzSliding his spear between the boar's legs close to where Zorb tied them up, Fitz nods and does his best to lift up on end of the feet. "Swagz, try and get between bacon's legz and hold spear in middle. Mordbid, grab the other endz! Iggy and Ties lead the wayz and keep eyez out behind." Feeling confident with his plan, he looks towards his brothers and sister to see if they had anymore to add. "Any sign of trouble we drop bacon as careful as we can and take care of it!"


 
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Nov 6th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Peachyco Peachyco is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 20th, 2018
RPXP: 3701
Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco
Posts: 1,860
Iggy, Female Forest-Goblin Druid
left-aligned image

The young druid sniggered at her brothers' jostling for leadership. Boys, Iggy thought to herself, shaking her head. Brains not in noggin. Maybe elsewhere. How me lead way and keep eyes behind? Walk backward? She sniggered some more.

Realizing that her brothers had decided on making the overnight trip back to town, Iggy began walking in that direction, using the haft of her broken spear like a walking stick. She dared not get too far ahead of her brothers, though, so that she could keep an eye on them properly. Boys always up to no good.

With the giant boar sporting wounds from their fight, Iggy was concerned that it might attract predators or scavengers - and even measly scavengers had been known to not be intimidated by goblins, unless they come in large groups. Every several paces, the young druid would check the direction of the wind. She would then quietly Druidcraftconjure the scent of a bear, drawn from her memories of that frightful encounter with one, and allow the wind to carry it in the hopes of masking the scent of blood, or at least to intimidate potential predators by fooling them into thinking that a bear just managed to land a kill.


OOC
 
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Nov 7th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Xalnaga's Avatar
Xalnaga Xalnaga is offline
Watching siliently
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 3123
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Posts: 5,227
Narrative
Hoisting the pig high Zorb takes the head, Fitz the bum and Swags awkwardly supports the feet. Morbid watches the three struggle with thoughts of superiority, glad he doesn't have to bother himself with such a menial task. Iggy leads the party, her finger is able to tell that the wind has still not picked up proving her prediction on the weather to be wrong... at this point, after all the night is still young. The first part of the journey passes uneventfully for the partyIggy's bear scent goes out from the party as they move hoping to dissuade any other beasts and seems to do so.
Tiesknots ducks away into the scrub as an outrider scout.

The party move forward as the nights takes over the forest. The eyes of the Goblin's vision unencumbered by the low light but is shut out by the tree trunks and branches themselves.

OODM
I will make a further post when the outcome of the two D12 'Random Encounter' rolls have been made.

You are currently in Dim light for the first 4 four block (The first roll)


* This gives you a small opportunity to roll play some more well we wait for the outcome of the rolls.

Last edited by Xalnaga; Nov 7th, 2016 at 06:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Nov 7th, 2016, 11:17 PM
TiesKnots's Avatar
TiesKnots TiesKnots is offline
Insert clever title here
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 26th, 2020
RPXP: 519
TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots
Posts: 884
Ties Knots, Male Forest-Goblin Rogue
right-aligned image

As the sun set on the horizon, Ties realized he had no idea where to find a decent shelter. He didn't need to relay that information to his siblings, of course. They seem to be dead-set on pushing forward to Goblinton during the night. A plan that was equal parts brave and stupid. Ties preferred to err on the side of caution more often than not, only exposing himself to danger when no other option was available. Now he was fumbling around in the dark trying to avoid tripping over the exposed roots of the nearby trees.

Is this why you doubted me Pop? Because you knew that watching over the other Raggles would make this harder? No, likely as not you actually believe that might makes right, and that I'm a coward. We'll see.

Ties went about the business of circling the group as they trudged through the dense forest. It kept him busy, thinking more about the task at hand rather than the welcome they would receive upon returning to Goblinton. It's the strangest thing, though, he swears he picked up the scent of some aimal now and again, but there's no sign of animals here. As he passes Morbid, he says, "You making stinkies again? I smella animal."

OOC
 
__________________
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Nov 9th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2021
RPXP: 29974
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 8,281
The Raggles tromp back toward their home, working mightily to haul the huge beast over hill and dale.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Nov 9th, 2016, 04:42 PM
TiesKnots's Avatar
TiesKnots TiesKnots is offline
Insert clever title here
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 26th, 2020
RPXP: 519
TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots
Posts: 884
Ties Knots, Male Forest-Goblin Rogue
right-aligned image

Taking
Dice Perception (Disadvantage):
2d20+5kl1 (4, 11 (keeping 4) )+5 Total = 9
one last look around, Ties
Dice Stealth:
1d20+9 (14)+9 Total = 23
ducks low and stalks back toward the rest of the Raggles. Without bothering to step out from the darkness, he says to Iggy, "Heard voices. 'Least two of 'em. Dey maybe gonna try an ambush." Keeping to the foliage, Ties readies his bow and slows his pace a bit to allow the Raggles to get ahead of him again in hopes of coming across their pursuers.

OOC
 


__________________
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

Last edited by TiesKnots; Nov 9th, 2016 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Nov 9th, 2016, 05:22 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2021
RPXP: 29974
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 8,281
Ties casts his eyes warily upwards.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Nov 10th, 2016, 11:30 AM
Spellthief's Avatar
Spellthief Spellthief is offline
Dustman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 5th, 2018
RPXP: 157
Spellthief Spellthief
Posts: 433
MorbidDodging the carrying part of their journey back as best as he can Morbid manages to find the numerous excuses, from "being on the watch" to "saving tremendous magical powers within". Eventually deciding to create at least a vision of help he summoned a shimmering magical hand and sent it to support the weight with it.

Satisfied with the result he noticed Ties passing by and noting the strange smell. "What stinks? I didn't do anything." Looking at Ties with the suspicion Morbid starts to look around frantically and smelling the air around, trying to notice what Ties talked about.
__________________
Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB