Story The Intergalactic Slug - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Heroes of Unity City > Miscellaneous
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 09:49 PM
Their our know rools!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6536
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Alayna nods at Beth's line of reasoning. Deep. Not at all what she had expected. But a good point. Okay. I guess we can hold off for now. At least until we've seen our prospective hideout. She turns her head to Raymond, perhaps a little more quickly than advisable as the first rum and coke is starting to hit her system. Woah. She closes her eyes tightly for a moment. Nope, that's worse. Opening them again, resting her chin on a palm, elbow on table. So, when can we see it? She asks.

Last edited by gravenimages; Dec 10th, 2017 at 11:33 PM.
Old Nov 24th, 2017, 12:23 AM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Raymond Michigan/Fulcrum
right-aligned image
Raymond raises an eyebrow at Lincoln's joke about Alayna talking to clothes, but then his face goes white as he realizes the ramifications of what "talking to objects" might include. 'I'll need to make a point of keeping my distance when in my suit, in case it decides to be talkative,' he muses to himself.

He quickly shakes the thought from his head as the conversation moves forward. Realizing Lincoln was looking at him, he quickly surmised that the previous statement was directed at him. He looks away quickly, trying to recall what he had just said. Finally he finds his thoughts, and answers. "My suit was not acquired by spending money, but your point is taken regardless. I'll see what I can do about uniforms, if you are so inclined, along with any other... stylistic options." His eyes dart between Lincoln and Alayna in that last part.

Raymond is more than a little taken aback by Bethany's sudden confidence, until he notices her drink is empty (again). 'Guess there's a reason its called liquid courage,' he chuckles to himself, 'I just hope her eagerness doesn't vanish when her hangover arrives. "Glad to hear you're all on board. And that is something I will gladly toast to." With a nod, he raises his glass, before dumping its contents down his throat.

He's barely put his glass down when Alayna asks to see the hideout. He doesn't immediately respond as he mentally tries to weigh whether or not it is a good idea to share this early. Things were going well, but once he showed them the base, he couldn't exactly unshow it.Still, he'd have to take them there eventually, and there wasn't much left he could do to test their commitment without putting them through their steps. Turning his attention to the floor, he calls out, "Priscilla! A moment of your time?"

The four armed woman turns from her conversation with one of the servers, and approaches quickly. "Yes, Mr.
Michigan?"

"I'm calling it a night." Raymond replies, "You're in charge."

She places her lower hands on her hips, while crossing her upper arms. "You say that like I wasn't already. Have a good night sir." With that, she saunters back to the other server to continue her conversation.

"Alright, you want to see the hideout? Lets go on a field trip. Unfortunately, public ordinance says that alcohol can't leave the bar, so those are going to have to stay here." Raymond quickly gathers his guest's drinks, placing them in the dirty dishes bin beneath the counter before coming out from behind the bar. "This way, please."

It is not a long trek, as he leads you through the back and into a walk in freezer. He moves a large box of whipped cream before looking around to make sure no one else was nearby, then gently pushes part of the wall, and a small panel pops out. A few button presses later, and the panel shoots back into the wall moments before the wall slides away, revealing a staircase. "Normally, this would be the part where I say 'after you'," He smiles apologetically, "But in this case, I should probably go in first to disable the security system."

OOCBase description coming soon!

Last edited by darthcharon; Nov 24th, 2017 at 12:24 AM.
Old Dec 7th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Raymond Michigan/Fulcrum
right-aligned image
As Fulcrum reaches the bottom of the stairs, the rest of the room's lights turn on, and it suddenly feels like you are in a sci-fi movie. While the landing itself is uninspiring save for the reflective walls, but straight ahead past the hall you can make out the warm glow of a dozen different computer screens and countless other flashing lights and buttons.

Walking forward into the room, he starts casually pointing out various equipment as if it was the most boring thing in the world. "This is my primary control and communications room. Its beyond state of the art-or, at least it was. I... acquired it from Makolab's experimental sector when I left to seek better employment opportunities. I haven't maintained it as well as I could have, not much of a computer user myself, but with a bit of work, it could put the CIA to shame. In theory, I'd have used this to keep tabs on the city, or even the world, but recently all I've used it for is E-mail."

He then points to the left, toward another hallway. "down that way is the power generator that keeps this place-and the bar upstairs-running, as well as the garage. When this place was built, I was, well, overly ambitious, so the garage is far larger than it needs to be. Still, it'll be nice to have if we need to store something large. Most of what you'll be interested in, however, is to the right."

He leads you to the right, which splits further to the east and west with a door on the south wall. "The living quarters is spacious enough to comfortably hold a bit more than a dozen people at a time, and has enough food stockpiled to last a month without leaving, though if you get hungry I recommend heading upstairs to the bar for food. Not that the preserved foodstuff is bad tasting, its just rather bland. I've got quite a few lockers down here if any of you want to leave things here."

"The next stop is the Gym," he says as you approach the next door, "I don't think there's too much explaining needed for that. Of the three of you, only Beth's abilities seem directly linked to physical fitness, but it never hurts to have a strong left hook to keep hostiles away. If any of you need any help with the equipment, don't hesitate to ask."

"Last but not least is the infirmary. Its better stocked than most hospitals. all we need is a doctor to use it. Kidding aside, I hope none of us ever need to use it, but I'd be a fool if I believed we wouldn't. Better to hope for the best and prepare for the worst, I always say."

With the tour complete, he turns around. "And that's everything. Its probably far bigger than it needs to be, but it was a gift, and I certainly wasn't going to turn it down. Plus, now it has room to grow. There are even a few rooms that are empty that are collecting dust, if we need them. Any questions?"

Old Dec 7th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Their our know rools!

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Wow. A bit breathlessly. Alayna takes the tour with wide eyes, each new thing as impressive as the last. This is pretty amazing, Raymond. I mean, I don't really know how to use, well, most of it, but it seems pretty awesome.
Old Dec 7th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3123
bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses
"Very impressive, Raymond. Very impressive." Lincoln continues to looks around. "How come I never get gifts like this? All I get are ugly Christmas sweaters and that's if I'm on the good list which I haven't been on lately."

He runs a hand across the surface of technological controls of some sort. "Yeah, I'm not that good with computers myself. Just the basics mostly. Not good with medical stuff either. We should look into getting a tech guy and a doctor if we ever get this superteam thing going."

He looks around again. "Well, I'm certainly good with using this for a headquarters of sort. I'll probably move a few small things in. So we can have access to this place through the garage if we don't want to go through the bar?"
Old Dec 7th, 2017, 08:08 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
Raymond Michigan/Fulcrum
right-aligned image
Raymond wasn't looking to impress, but nonetheless he feels a twinge of pride at the stunned expressions of his guests. This was something he had been considering for a while, and he was pleased to see that the first group of supers he had recruited were so receptive to the idea.

Turning his head towards Lincoln, Raymond nods. "I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've never helped a super who can duplicate himself and has a degree in structural engineering. I had offhandedly mentioned that I needed a place to play hero more seriously, and he built the entire foundation for me-all I had to do was furnish it. The garage has a secret opening into the parking garage next door. Right now I only have two remote openers, I'll see about getting a few more. For now, just use the freezer entrance, I'll tell the staff you have permission to poke around, and the password is 280610. And help yourself to one of the lockers, right now the keys should be taped to each locker."

Last edited by darthcharon; Dec 7th, 2017 at 11:31 PM.
Old Dec 7th, 2017, 09:03 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2399
Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker
Beth was nothing less than awestruck throughout Raymond's tour. Her eyes probed the expansive walls and ceilings before playing over the fantastically expensive equipment available. Her attention was so focused on her surroundings that she nearly walked into the others more than once, only finally clearing her head when their host finished talking.

"Amazing. Unbelievable." Beth turned towards Raymond, gobsmacked. "You say another super built this for you? To return a favour? This is - this is incredible! I thought your bar was impressive, but this - !"

She chuckled dryly, running a hand through her long hair. "Armies don't make or break empires. Economies and infrastructure do. One person making this is what should intimidate people, not superhuman violence. A few more like him in the right place, with the right motivation - that would change the world."

She paused, then looked at Raymond thoughtfully. "That, or the kind of technology you've told us about. Cloaking and, and...quantum destabilizers? Did you invent all of those yourself?"
Old Dec 7th, 2017, 11:29 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
Raymond Michigan/Fulcrum
right-aligned image
"No," Raymond admits, "I have just enough technical know-how to know the difference between a capacitor and a resistor, something like these are far beyond my abilities. No, like the computer system, those came from an old job." His eyes seem to glaze over as his thoughts turn to darker memories, but he quickly shakes those cobwebs out.

Quickly changing the topic, he turns to face the group as a whole. "But that's exactly my point. One engineer with superpowers built this entire structure in about a week as a favor and nothing more advanced than what could be found at the hardware store. Imagine what he could do if he wasn't afraid to come out in the open, and had a larger budget? That's the world I want to live in. And that's why I had this place-and the bar upstairs for that matter-built." As he finishes, he stands tall with his hands behind his back, looking very much like the military commander. All he's missing is the medals.

Last edited by darthcharon; Dec 7th, 2017 at 11:33 PM.
Old Dec 9th, 2017, 04:04 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses
Lincoln saves the freezer code on his phone. "It's a great dream. But it may take some time and work to make it reality." He looks up and asks, "So does this engineer friend of yours maintain that suit of yours too, Raymond? Can we meet him?"

He walks around the structure a bit before turning back to the others. He looks at Raymond, "This place is fantastic as we've all said. Even though you got it as favor, it costs some cash to maintain it. You had mentioned helping us with uniforms or costumes. Do you have funding for all that? Many business owners make just enough to keep their businesses running."

He looks at the others too. "Having money would certainly help this superteam of ours get going. We have a headquarters. What else do we need? Or need to do?"

Last edited by bagginses; Dec 9th, 2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old Dec 9th, 2017, 04:25 PM
Their our know rools!

Tools
User Statistics
Alayna shakes her head gently when money is mentioned. I'm just now getting to back rent and such. She explains, considers the rest. We could use some kind of alert system or communication... Maybe to train with each other so we function more like a team? Set some ground rules on what we do with the guilty and criminals if we overcome them?
Old Dec 10th, 2017, 10:45 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
Raymond Michigan/Fulcrum
right-aligned image
"Fortunately, my gear doesn't need much maintenance," Raymond nods in response to Lincoln's question, "As long as my suit isn't getting hit, its surprisingly resilient to disrepair. on the rare occasion it does take a beating, I've been able to fix it myself almost every time, though you'd be right in that the one time it got bad, I did end up going to him for help."

Raymond raises his hands in a weak shrug when the conversation turns to money. "The bar is actually quite profitable. Were I a normal man just getting by in the world, I'd be pretty well off. As it is, almost all the profits I make from the bar, as well as several donations from parties sympathetic to my cause, all pretty much get funneled into my second job, which is... less profitable, but more rewarding. And don't worry about contributing, you're bringing the superpowers, the least I can do is provide-"

Raymond is interrupted by a sound coming from the entrance-it sounds like a woman's voice! He turns in surprise in the general direction, but doesn't make any immediate action. " -cheniya. On mozhet udobno derzhat' okolo dyuzhiny lyudey i imeyet okolo mesyatsa pi-" a very tall woman speaking with a strong southern accent and wearing a violet dress steps around the corner, stopping mid conversation as she spots all of you. "Oh hey there, Ray-bae! Didn't know you were down here! And whose that with you?" After her eyes quickly scan you all, she turns back to Raymond. "I know I said I wanted kids, but this isn't quite what I had in mind." As she finished, two more people showed up behind her-a broad shouldered Russian wearing an aviator's jacket, and a tiny bubblegum blowing woman of middle eastern descent wearing a lab coat.

"Melissa," Raymond replies, sounding rather guarded, "What are you doing down here? And why did you bring Josef and..."

"Colleen," The smaller girl replies, "Colleen Song."

"Song?" Ray blinks, "Like the lawyer?"

"Yeah, that's right, you helped my dad last year, remember?" she exclaims excitedly.

Raymond frowns. "That still doesn't explain what you're all doing down here."

"Well, Ray-bae," Melissa starts, "You told me last night that you were doing some recruiting, so I took that as an open invitation to do some recruiting of my own. I had a feeling you'd be too focused on field work to consider going after some support staff, and given that we've helped them in the past, I figured they'd be a great place to start. Perhaps you'd like to introduce us all to your friends?"

With a pained look upon his face, Raymond turns back towards you all. "Right. Well, Melissa here is my wife, who seems to love nothing more than trying to get a rise out of me."

"I do so love watching you 'rise to the occasion'," she replies with a coy smirk, "but that's neither here nor there."

Doing his best to ignore her, he continues. "This here's Josef Khirdov, the self replicating engineer I was talking about earlier. He only speaks Russian, but both myself and Melissa are fluent, so that's never been a problem in the past," Josef seems to recognize his own name at least, and nods respectfully towards you all. "And this is apparently Colleen Song, daughter of a lawyer I helped some time back."

"Fluent in English, Indian, Russian, and Greek!" she adds, proudly, "and as of a few months ago, a board certified medical and psychiatric practitioner."

"And here, we have Alayna, Beth, and Lincoln." Raymond finishes.

"A pleasure to meet y'all" Melissa curtsies slightly. "Why don't you go get our guests some refreshments and give us some time to get acquainted?" Raymond initially hesitates, but he seems to quickly realize he won't be winning this fight and starts walking towards the stairs.

Last edited by darthcharon; Dec 10th, 2017 at 10:47 PM.
Old Dec 10th, 2017, 11:54 PM
Their our know rools!

Tools
User Statistics
Alayna It was funny that the wording of the tour was exactly the same, albeit in a different language. It was like they'd practiced the pitch. Alayna smiles at the interplay between Melissa and Raymond, giving Lincoln a discreet nudge.

As the group adjourns to the living quarters (ooc seems to be the only place with enough seating), Alayna introduces herself first. I'm Alayna Alvarado. Kind of a, Umm... General-purpose liaison I guess. And I'm already adopted, so someone beat you to it. She smiles at Melissa.

Last edited by gravenimages; Dec 10th, 2017 at 11:55 PM.
Old Dec 11th, 2017, 01:24 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2399
Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker
"Bethany," Beth smiles, following along to the living quarters. "It's a pleasure to meet you! I wasn't expecting this trip to be so...informative!"
Old Dec 11th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Lincoln picks a leather armchair and settles himself in it. He runs a hand along the arm of it as he admires the quality. Very nice. He looks up and grins at the others. "Lincoln Chan, wisecracker and troublemaker. Wonderful to meetcha all." He scans the living quarters and looks back at the Russian. "Excellent work, Josef!"

He shifts to face Melissa. "Very kind of you to have us, my mesmerizing Melissa. So what do you think of Raymond's field work, as you called it?"

Last edited by bagginses; Dec 11th, 2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old Dec 11th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
Melissa MichiganJosef perks up at hearing his name spoken by Lincoln, the frown on his face indicating he had not understood what was said. Colleen leans over and whispers into his ear, and his eyes widen with understanding. " Spasibo" he replies, nodding.

right-aligned image
Melissa lets out a hearty laugh at Alayna's comment. "You and I are going to get along just fine, I think," she replies between laughs. "Just fine indeed." Then she turns to Lincoln. "Careful love, if Ray-bae hears you talking like that, he might just chew you up like a pack of gum." Turning towards Alayna, she adds, "If Alayna here doesn't beat him to it."

"But as to your question," she continues, returning to Lincoln's question, "I must confess I'd rather he hang up his cape, so to speak, but I'd be a hypocrite to ask him to, given that I wouldn't be here today if he hadn't decided to wear it in the first place. So instead I help where I can, and do what I can to take care of him. Lord knows he's too busy helping others to help himself. That's why I brought Josef and Colleen here. I knew when he said he was recruiting help, that he meant he was looking for partners out on the streets, not a doctor to treat his wounds or a mechanic to fix his gear, which meant it was up to me to find the latter. Not that you aren't wanted or even needed, I'm glad he'll have someone watching his back while he's out there, but sometimes that man gets so focused on the now that he forgets about the before and after."

Straightening up in her seat, she leans forward in her chair, resting her chin on her clasped hands. "Which brings us to the next point. I'm sure knowing Raymond that he's already built an impressive combat dossier on y'all, but I'd wager he's failed to include a few important details. " Reaching into her shirt, she pulls out a small notepad and pen, and begins flipping back a few pages. "Do you have any health conditions, allergies, or other medical considerations Dr. Song should know about? Have you discussed potential health issues with use of your powers with your doctor, or does your doctor even know about your powers? If not, I highly suggest letting Colleen give you a "supers" physical. Do we need to go over any of your gear with Josef so that he knows how to maintain it as necessary? Do any of your abilities require any physical accommodations? I don't want anyone to feel singled out, but if your powers require constant access to a sunroof, you might be out of luck. And most importantly, do you have appropriate attire for the job? If you're going to represent supers everywhere, we can't exactly have you running around in worn hoodies and ratty cargos. Furthermore, as vigilantism is technically illegal-and don't kid yourself, that's what you're signing up for-you'll want to make sure your identity is protected, at least until public opinion turns around. I know a good seamstress that can have an outfit ready for you in a week, unless we need to special order materials that can survive your own power usage. But to do that, I need to know what we're working with." She looks up at you all, expectantly.