RPXP: 161
Nialldubh Nialldubh
Best of luck in New Year folks!
Old 01-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Dapper Grizzly

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2604
kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos
Sorry for my current absense. Holidays hit hard, and my wife and I have a new child (born on the 30th), so we're trying to figure out the new normal with 2 kids under the age of 2. I don't intend to disappear though, so thank you guys for your patience!
Old 01-03-2014, 04:25 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 108
DelverDeep DelverDeep
Congrats! Kids are awesome, especially this time of year. I've got a minivan+1 of them myself. Good luck keeping them warm, safe and happy!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:04 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 178
HenkeB HenkeB
Congrats to you and the family!
Old 01-04-2014, 03:54 PM
One Ring to rule them all

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1882
Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm
Since the down time I have been away for the holidays and I have torn feelings about continuing. A part of me wants to return to the game but feel that the progress is slower than I would like. Mostly due to me but a part of me wants to continue because we have a good thing going and I looked for fault and cannot see any of you being the reason. I must admit that I took on a lot of games mostly with the intention of really trying hard to manage real life, my commitment to my wife and these games. I must admit that I bite off more than I can chew and have down sided on many occasions in the past and present commitment to the games I run or am in.

I guess what I always hoped for was the chance to keep a game going and keeping it ongoing with the help of a great cadre of players which I have found. I have in my head when I left off was the start of a new beginning with a full fellowship ready to embark on these next stages of the game but I'm concerned because of the slow progress that intentions are great but is desire there? I want to fully immerse myself in the game and to be honest I feel there could be more interaction from all of you to talk amongst yourself in character.

This is the only schism I feel that warrants some resentment from me. I know play by post for me is extremely tough to satisfy all of you with the hopes of addressing each players enjoyment and fun. So my next question for each of you is to really take an honest look and see if this game is worth continuing. I know a lot of you joined late in the game but I have the material to continue and I'm on the fence with what to do. So shall we continue or stay our hands and remember some of the great moments of the game and try again somewhere else. I'll be the first to admit that I start out great with plans and motivation but really lose focus with keeping a game worth an ample time of longevity. If I could get past the lulls and down moments of play by post I think this would be half my battle. Even now I look to move the game forward and could but all I have is an idea of where I want to go next.

I don't have hardcore tangible well written ideas made out and I think given sometime of which I admit I shoot from the hip a lot that I could regain some composure and desire to continue. But a part of me likes the fact that all of you communicated over Christmas and the holidays but I see some of the main players have been away due to real life and family needs. So do we have a good thing going and maybe I'm loosing focus and lost track. I dunno but I would like to hear what everyone has to say.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Nialldubh Nialldubh
Congratulations indeed to kdtompos!

Lifewar: I cannot speak for others, but I know what it is like to GM a game for years, People come and go and some of the dedicated stay. We hope that it will be perfect or things go calmly into the future or something like that, but life's turmoils do not allow for that (or ever will). What we can do is keep on going with the things we enjoy!

I enjoy Conan, Lord of the Rings and the Stormbringer Novels and I at present play a game in first two, maybe one day I find a good Stormbringer game, but I read these novels when I was 11 years plus, now I 48 years old and honestly I still enjoy reading them and nothing in this vast cosmos will stop me still enjoying them, so I guess that something good!

I personally say continue, because it is will effort that we make things work and the same with this 'One Ring,' game!

Also I must state as a GM, I know what you mean by wanting player's Character to interact, but remember, though we are playing in for months, these Characters only know each other for a few days, a week at most, they not truly friends, willing to part their life's story to each other, they are together for one reason, to fight the Shadow, so it would normally take months, even years for People to interact with each other normally/properly (and if we play in Character, which I guess we are trying) we will not be willing to interact with each other very much till we got to know one another better, remember it no fun getting to know another, then some Orc kills them the next day, People guard their emotion, even in-game!

"My Crom!"

"If the Vala will it!"

And...

"What is this black sword in my hand?"
Old 01-05-2014, 09:23 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Classic dude! Love it! Ok great! But here is the catch! I switched handles so this is my new personae. Friends call me Drama and their are a few friend requests I have been meaning to ask so can I send all of you a friend request?
Old 01-06-2014, 03:06 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 108
DelverDeep DelverDeep
I think you've done a fine job up to this point. I've run the Marsh Bell and played it one other time, and yours was unique. The fact that you had players coming and going didn't help, and likely made it frustrating on your part trying to figure out how to tie it all together.

Two bits of advice... First, if you DO decide to keep it going and move forward, make sure the story is the most important thing. Those of us that are good rp'ers and here for the long haul will remain and we'll fill in the gaps like you've said by building a real Fellowship. Another PbP TOR game I've played in for over a year, has taken us that long to finally have a sense of Fellowship going. Second, if you can't put your heart in it right now, put it on hold for a year and come back to it. Most of us will still be around somewhere, somehow. If you don't think you can deliver, then bow out honorably and we'll all be proud for the job you did and the game we've had so far.

Ok, third bit of advice, move the game to rpol.net. It's much easier to run a game over there and play the game as well. Having tried several different sites, I find the format of this one takes away from the flow of the game with its kludgy design, which is really only an adaptation of forum software, not built as a PbP tool from the ground up. I'm not putting this site down, I'm just saying that rpol.net is easier to play on.

Ok, fourth... I'm running two other games that I've inherited right now, so I don't have the time or energy to take this one over, but I'd be glad to help out as sort of a LM helper if you just need ideas and help with rules, etc.

Regardless of what happens, I'm grateful to have been a part of this, and for the opportunity to have created Mosco Soggyhole of Frogmorton... ;-)

Last edited by DelverDeep; 01-06-2014 at 03:07 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 178
HenkeB HenkeB
Im enjoying the game and I will stay around for sure.
And I understand that you have high ambitions for it and that its taking alot of time and energy to with that kind of writing you do so Im not gonna push for you to keep going if you dont enjoy it anymore.

What i find difficult with character interaction in Pbp is that there is no instant response, Its hard so say have proper conversation without the risk of metagaming the other players.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:19 AM

Tools
User Statistics
I would like to hear from a few others. Mostly KDtompos on the matter. I think if no one else gives their say than I could at least go with the original starting four players.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1458
Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos
I have liked it so far and as for player interaction in game we all just met so we haven't had time to talk.

Are you a Pathfinder GM? Join the team at Eternity's End
Old 01-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Dapper Grizzly

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2604
kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos
I'm enjoying the game so far as well. I'm at a weird spot where I need to catch up a bit on what's going on. But I'd like to do so today and be able to get back in this. I feel really bad for holding you all up, and would like to remedy that quickly!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:10 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Nialldubh Nialldubh
Been offline for over a week, did not think I would need to wait that long for my broadband to be re-established after I moved my computers. But I guessing by the lack of activity in this game that it has ended, so thanks for the time and hope things go well for yours futures and adeus!

I still look in for awhile, just in case it restart!
Old 02-08-2014, 01:41 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Hey Homie, do you know anything about Pathfinder? If so, A position opened up and we could use some help? Private Message me if your interested. Hope to see you in game.