RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 12-03-2016, 08:12 PM
Drama Delivered Daily

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3118
MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing
Ceridwen shrugs, using the pretense of picking her way over the rocky path in the dark to turn away. "Not exactly. This soul-eating thing is pretty new. He didn't do it when we met, or when we married... but he has always been marked by hell since I've known him. But... when the change happened, he pulled away from me... assumed that I wouldn't want him anymore. I didn't let him. I suppose I did make the decision to keep him around. I don't think he would have held it against me if I had told him to get lost. He doesn't think much of himself." Ceridwen sighs, catching herself rambling again, thinking herself dangerously close to oversharing... But it felt good to talk about it, free of Ezechiel's crushing self-loathing. "I figure we're all some kind of monster or another."

When asked how she lives with that, Ceridwen contemplates the question in silence for a long moment, perhaps leaving Scarlet to wonder if she was going to answer at all. "I don't know... I trust Ezechiel. What is happening to him isn't his fault, though he would disagree, and he is still a good man. He has always, always hunted evil. What difference does it make if he eats the souls of his prey? In the long run, giving them oblivion is probably more humane than sending them to hell, anyway."
“This is the law. The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain, all else is supplemental.”
–John Steinbeck

Last edited by MagicallyMusing; 12-03-2016 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Life
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10963
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Scarlet watched the noble walk away, picking her way over the muddy terrain. For her own part, the scout watched the sky in the long, silent moments, lost in her own thoughts before Ceridwen continued. "So you have hope then, that it can be undone? Surely you must have hope!"
Old 12-06-2016, 02:02 AM
Drama Delivered Daily

Tools
User Statistics
MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing
Ceridwen shrugs noncommittally at the idea of hope. She had some hope, she supposes. She wishes that Ezechiel would be restored to his human form... or even to as he was when she first met him... More outwardly monstrous than inwardly... but she didn't see it happening. She hoped Ezechiel would be restored in the same way that she hoped that Shar would spontaneously combust. How could they possibly out-maneuver a devil?

She had once been confident that she would find a way, but she was out of her element out on the road, and if there was a way to free Ezechiel from his warden, she was no closer to finding it than when she’d started looking months ago, and her confidence was failing under the weight of her limited resources. Ezechiel had told her that the devil hounding him would be unable to maim or kill him, but the creature had quite literally ripped out his heart and was currently driving him mad… Ezechiel had been maimed mind and body. Dwen couldn’t be sure if Ezechiel had been mistaken, or if he’d merely told her he was safe to put her mind at rest. None of these factors leant Ceridwen any hope.

”Sure.” She replies, sounding not in the slightest bit hopeful, ”I haven’t given up yet… But if it can’t be undone, it doesn’t change anything for me. Now, that's enough about me, and you said that you didn't want to talk about the men... Why don’t you tell me what it is that troubles you?”
“This is the law. The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain, all else is supplemental.”
–John Steinbeck
Old 12-06-2016, 11:51 AM
Life
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
"Seriously, I don't remember saying that. Do you mean how she wanted to talk to Dwen alone?Did I say that?" Scarlet turned a curious eye and looked back the direction they had come back towards the camp. "I dunno; they are pretty interesting creatures aren't they?" There hadn't been any men about for some years after all.

As to the other thing, "What kind of creature can use spells like I can?" She was pretty sure she knew, but perhaps a more traveled individual could give her some hope that she was wrong. "Here!" Seizing the noble's hand, Scarlet placed the woman's hand on the tattoo on her face of the stylized wing. "Concentrate." Concentration would give insight into the power associated with the tattoo's pattern; shapechanging forms, incorporating strengths of various animals. Maybe not the most helpful insight into what else she could do, but the spells most indicative of her heritage actually hadn't left marks on her skin like some of the others had. ... not that she was overly eager to share her fear that she was part vampire - far worse than destroying evil creatures wholly was the potential to create new ones.

Last edited by Bio; 12-06-2016 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:03 AM
Drama Delivered Daily

Tools
User Statistics
"You I believe what she "said" was "I wanted to talk to you about something... Not about your men!"didn't exactly say it..." As to the amount of interest they hold, Ceridwen has no comment aside from a shrug.

Another shrug comes to Scarlet's next question. Ceridwen had met lots of spellcasters, but she wasn't particularly interested in classifying them. When the still mostly-unfamiliar younger woman grabs her unexpectedly in the dark, it's all Ceridwen can do to keep from yanking her hand back and punching the guide... But she realizes pretty quickly that the unpredictable, jumpy amazon means no harm and settled for an indignant "Hey!"

Dwen humors the amazon, concentrating on the designs that her hand rests on. Finally, she drops her hand with a sigh, and answers with forced calmness, "I don't know. All manner of races live in Cambridge but it's generally considered rude to ask what someone is if it's not immediately apparent, and it usually isn't, as with Lacha and... well, you, apparently. Are you suggesting that you're worried about your ancestry? If I'm expected to piece this puzzle together, would you tell me what you do know of your parents?"
–John Steinbeck
Old 12-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Life
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
This wasn't going well at all. Dropping the pilfered hand, all Scarlet knew was "My mother of course was an Amazon. My donor a sla." Not much to go on, but obviously where the taint had come from. ... and absolutely not helpful. She'd been down this road herself many a time over.

And this was going nowhere. Nowhere good anyway. Well no; not entirely a wasted effort. This one at least seemed a good chance not to kill or part company with her if she ever found out what Scarlet feared she was. If. Surprisingly big word that. But it was also becoming apparent that Lady Ceridwen knew no way to exonerate her. And perhaps no interest either, which could be a good or a bad thing. "Forgive my impertinence m'lady. I stepped out of line." She had. Had let Hope muddle with Duty. And speaking of duty; "I'm sorry; I should be providing you a light!" The guide had forgotten how much better her nightvision was than most people's. Again, with no words, gestures or substances, magic obeyed her will and light shone out of the girl's eyes to reveal their surroundings for her matron.

It was still such a beautiful night out, and though her hope had failed her for an answer other than 'vampire,' there was still What she meant earlier was that she wasn't interested in talking about procuring any of themthe other topic that intrigued her. "You were talking about your men...?"

Last edited by Bio; 12-08-2016 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:01 AM
Drama Delivered Daily

Tools
User Statistics
As the Amazon makes her apologies, Ceridwen sighs. "There's nothing to forgive. It's not a bad thing to want to know where you come from, you know. I only just learned my own mother's name... And my own surname this last month. Whatever worries you might have, your magic is a gift rather than a curse. You decide who you are, not your bloodline. Do you know where the sla who sired you came from, or anything about him? What about the man who sired your mother? Such things have been known to skip a generation."

When the amazon apologizes again for no particular reason and wills light through her eyes, Ceridwen blinks in the sudden glare. "Thank you, Scarlet, but that's not really necessary. Slipping in the mud isn't the worst thing in the world, and I can make my own light when it's absolutely necessary. Still, the thought is appreciated.'

Ceridwen laughs when the younger woman Yes, I had sorted that out, but it suited my purposes to give the statement a wider interpretation.asks about the men, "No, I really wasn't, but I suppose we can if you'd like. Is there something you'd like to know?"
–John Steinbeck

Last edited by MagicallyMusing; 12-09-2016 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:46 AM
Life
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
"It's not the magic that worries me, but what might come along with it." Scarlet sighed. She was young, so maybe such things would develop later?

But what those things might develop into, indeed, which already had, was a topic the youth wished to avoid - she was looking for an escape from such conclusions. Ceridwen was unable to help with this, yet showed promise in forgiving her if the curse ever became a problem; so that was good enough for now. Cupping her chin in her hand, the bright eyed woman cast a glance back towards the camp as she struggled for words. "I dunno. I just ... I kinda feel like a Jane Goodall here. I know almost nothing about them or even where to begin." Just what she'd been told, but apparently, young Scarlet found that information somehow lacking.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:39 PM
Drama Delivered Daily

Tools
User Statistics
Ceridwen raises an eyebrow at her companion, quite unsure what to make of her, either with her worries with herself or her preoccupation with the men. Having admitted very little, Ceridwen wasn't even sure what Scarlet suspected of herself, only that it bothered her, and Ceridwen supposes that her curiousity towards the men is natural, but it didn't make any of the situation any more comfortable for anyone involved. Still.... It might have some comedic value later on.

"Look... The most important thing to remember is that they're people, just the same as any in your tribe, and neither you nor I can compel them to do anything. That said, if you want something, knowledge or....whatever else, you can ask for it. If they're uncomfortable, they'll turn you down and that's that, no harm done. If they're not well, no harm done there, either. Otherwise, you'll figure it out as you go and all I can really do is wish you good luck."
–John Steinbeck

Last edited by MagicallyMusing; 12-10-2016 at 11:39 PM.