RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: S-V > The Gates of Might
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #196  
Old 03-16-2017, 08:04 AM
Khalil's Avatar
Khalil Khalil is online now
Don't quit, don't give up
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 10981
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Posts: 8,269
Reza raises his hands and eyes go wide Oh no! He maintains his fear stricken face until the fat man turns and then he smirks.

Surely they were in a pickle, and action had to be taken but Reza had to consider 3 factors before he acted. If they were being taken to any council at all. If there was an ally in the brigantine Captain or the veiled lady. And if his friends were willing and able to do much without their weapons.

Reza needed more information before he could act, but it seemed to him as if they could have an ally amongst the brigantine and the veiled woman here.
__________________
Currently Playing:
-Reza Meing (The Gates of Might - 6yrs running!)
-Captain Wolf Rayet (Serpent's Skull - 1yr running!)
GM for: Korvosa
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 03-16-2017, 09:48 AM
Tafratin's Avatar
Tafratin Tafratin is online now
Outcast
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-17-2019
RPXP: 4354
Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin
Posts: 10,193
Klug

Hearing about being flailed
Dice will save:
d20+9 (4)+9 Total = 13
(13) He looks at each person present. The captain seems upset and the others in the group seem to be holding, so far. "The time is not right, but the time will come." His eyes settle on the bald man. "Why is he running the show?"
__________________
Life is one darn thing after another. But some is love!

Last edited by Tafratin; 03-16-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 03-16-2017, 02:43 PM
anamiac's Avatar
anamiac anamiac is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 3655
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Posts: 5,218
Dorin smirks at the ambassador. "Your honorless prince thought the same. Where is he now? What good are ambassadors from countries with no honor for treaties? Before the day is over you will be going home to your country in disgrace!"
__________________
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
Westley - The Princess Bride

Last edited by anamiac; 03-16-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 03-20-2017, 03:33 PM
tilbert's Avatar
tilbert tilbert is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-09-2019
RPXP: 6102
tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert
Posts: 6,750
Nehab’abThalia meets threats of the pirate cool face and nods politely
Dice will-save:
1d20+9 (12)+9 Total = 21
(21). Looking at the veiled person she speaks speaks with a soft voice Wow what a temper! And it’s afraid of woman. I can rear that for you. and she nods to the pirate. He seems enthusiastic about whips. But I am prefer to take the tomcat’s ball. That’s more effective, though… it makes them she pauses to scrutinize the pirate and then shakes her head … no he is already incredibly… fat. So no harm there. Then she focusses again on the veiled person But I understand, you did not invite us to talk about rearing animals. How can I be of service?


OOC:
STATS
INI: ...
HP: 60 / 60
AC: 22 / T: 17 / FF: 18 |
Saves: Fort: +10/ Ref: +13 / Will: +7 |
__________________
quod licet IOVI, non licet bovi
Status (04/06/2018): normal

Last edited by tilbert; 03-20-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 03-21-2017, 03:03 AM
LeDragon's Avatar
LeDragon LeDragon is offline
Evil inside ®
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 5082
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Posts: 4,573
The ambassador's intimidation affects only Klug who sudden has the feeling that this affair asks too much from him. But Thalia and Dorin gives the pirate a quick-witted - and in the case of Thalia - an also very diplomatic answer.

The fat ambassador backs and bumps into his bodyguards who just look dump with open mouths, obviously unused to any resistance. One grabs the hilt of his heavy mace but the ambassador is still smart enough to push his hand quickly away. He hisses something to his bodyguard who lowers his eyes and nods.
Then, the three turns around and march through the main gate into the hall of the council.

The veiled woman waits a moment, then whispers something to her assistant. The other woman bows and says something to the lackeys. The men seem to unsure what to do, but a hand movement of the veiled woman makes them follow the order.
"You get your armor back, but not the weapons and not the items." Yassin translates silently.
As he said, the lackeys hand you over your armor and any clothes you gave them before. They keep the magic items and weapons, but you still feel and look better now. The lackeys and the veiled woman with her assistants wait until everyone is dresses again. No one speaks which gives everyone the feeling that you are hurried along.

Soon, the group enters the hall of the council. The hall isn't as large as expected, just about 100 feet in diameter. The hall is design like a round theater or an arena with seats all around along the wall, rising with each row. There are about a hundred chairs, except for the entrance and a high rostrum with a wide, golden throne at the opposite side of the entrance. Wide white curtains to the left and right of the throne cover possible doors.
Each chair is painted with a coat of arms and at the walls hang huge flags with more coat of arms. "The coat of arms of the mayor and minor houses, the guilds, the clans and tribes." Yassin explains.
Both curtains show the oversized golden coat of arms of the sheik - a not a Sphinx - the picture lacks the human facewinged lion with a scimitar and a staff flying over a small oasis.

While you don't know the names of the different parties, you can recognize coat of arms showing magic symbols, tribal symbols, deserts and wild beasts, ships and fishes, but also tools of craftsmen and simple signs like flowers, trees and strange shaped rocks.
Reza also spots a row in the back with the coat of arms of foreign realms - included two seats for the Magyarian realm and one for the Magyarian Merchant Guild.

In the opposite to the colorful walls, the free area in the middle of the hall is made of simple light white flat stones.
One of the assistants points to a couple of simple wooden chairs at the left - exactly on the opposite side of the pirates who sprawl themselves in wide, upholstered seats.
"Please sit down, here."
__________________
Never trust a smiling gamemaster!
Proud of DMing "The Gates of Might" (since 04/2012) and "The tomb of Xhancar Ckancil" (since 09/2017) - with the best teams ever!

Last edited by LeDragon; 03-21-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 03-24-2017, 04:10 AM
Khalil's Avatar
Khalil Khalil is online now
Don't quit, don't give up
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 10981
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Posts: 8,269
Reza Meing
Reza feigns disappointment that he won't be visiting the council barely clothed, but in truth he is relieved. While he gained little from the added clothes, his friends considerably gained an improved chance at dying a somewhat dignified death. ...if such a thing is even possible... Thought Reza.

Still the veiled, woman's gesture helped confirm Reza's suspicion. Reza worked his way through his clothes, putting on the ensemble next to Yassin, Reza will cast comprehend languages, using Yassin as the touched creature to pick up the language of the land. As he is "losing his balance" he makes the appropriate hand gestures. Last for 80 minutes.almost tripping as he did so. When he was done he took out the magical parchment brochure, and wands from the clothing and returned it to the guardsmen. As an afterthought he took off his medallion of dispel magic, as he had forgone giving up his jewelry last time. Reza gave a smile to the guards holding his stuff, Do be gentle with those, they hold sentimental value more than anything. Reza winked and turned clasping his hands as he did so. Reza's earrings tugging his earlobes as he twirled.

To his friends he said. Well... ready as can be. He bowed to the veiled woman and spoke. My thanks, for the dignifying kindness. Promptly Reza took his place behind and to the right of Thalia.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they entered hall Reza, looks around. As his glance passed he kept up a smile. The last thing he wanted to do was to give the impression that they were guilty of anything, and if he could upbring his companions status, to that at least of noble or important, then he would.

Reza looked at the coat of arms around the room to see if he recognized any. Any which looked interesting he ask Yassin. Any important ones you see? He added askingly in a low whisper. His eyes though remained to see if the Magyarian assigned ones were take.

When taken to their seats Reza thanks the attendant that directed them there. Still he stands upright until Thalia takes her seat. He makes sure to point her to the A position of power in most cultures.middle one. The sorcerer nodded to Dorin, as he knew the gnomes passionate tongue might be the thing amongst the group to further their efforts in getting free.

To Klug he threw a glance and grinned. He knew the half-orc would not be comfortable in such settings, still that one of his heritage was with him would further add to their Magyarian legitimacy in authority. As their kin had thrown their weight in with the Magyarians during the great war. Reza hated having to play the card as a lackey to the matriarchal rule, but Reza was nothing if not adaptive to situations.

Reza thought of further spurring the situations, but instead remained silent until Thalia or the processions started.




__________________
Currently Playing:
-Reza Meing (The Gates of Might - 6yrs running!)
-Captain Wolf Rayet (Serpent's Skull - 1yr running!)
GM for: Korvosa

Last edited by Khalil; 03-25-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 03-24-2017, 12:02 PM
anamiac's Avatar
anamiac anamiac is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 3655
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Posts: 5,218
Dorin had thought his quip a good one. Accusing the ambassador of being honorless was consistent with the point they wanted to convey that the enemy was responsible for a breach of treaty, and thus at fault for the altercation. And it was 100% true. Still, he sensed that perhaps the others thought him too direct. Rather than talk about his lack of honor, Thalia had lambasted the ambassador for his obesity and threatened to castrate him. Her remarks left him with no proper way to make a response, which meant that Dorin's remarks about his honor stuck as well. In the upcoming audience he figured he'd let Thalia take the first shot. She had insisted on being the leader, hadn't she? If he spoke first, it would undermine her. He'd come in of course if she were to start floundering. Or if he couldn't help himself.

Dorin dons his armor again when the servants bring it. He does not permit himself to be impressed by the council hall, as he doesn't want to be seen as a simpleton. Instead he marches as directed to the wooden chairs and has a seat in the smallest one he can find. He studies the pirates on the chairs opposite them.
__________________
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
Westley - The Princess Bride
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 03-24-2017, 01:33 PM
Tafratin's Avatar
Tafratin Tafratin is online now
Outcast
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-17-2019
RPXP: 4354
Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin
Posts: 10,193
Klug

Klug stands as tall as he can and does his best to remain at Thalia's side as her guardian. Upon entering the hall he notes where the pirates orc body guard is and takes a seat so he is between Thalia and him. He remains watchful and will let Thalia, Reza and Dorin do the speaking. Klug will remain silent but if action is needed, he will go after the fat pirate and the orc.

The palace guards, he notes, do not seem happy. Perhaps even a little nervous. They certainly will try to protect the veiled lady. If we help they may be kinder to us.
__________________
Life is one darn thing after another. But some is love!
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 03-26-2017, 10:56 AM
tilbert's Avatar
tilbert tilbert is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-09-2019
RPXP: 6102
tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert
Posts: 6,750
At Nehab’ab CouncilA satisfied smile flits over Thalia’s face when the fat pirate backs and stumbles into his guards, but she bites her tongues to push it any further. She bows deeply, when the veiled woman allows them to don the armors again.

She turns to their fellows before they follow theirs guards into the council Let’s try to direct our answers to the councils, no matter who is asking. Also stay with the truth when answering. Lies and exaggerations will only lie traps to words of others. If asked about the quest by our gods, reply truly that you’d prefer to not talk about details as it you are following the directions of your patron, which are for sure not of political nature. And we should not whisper to each other. if we speak the truth, it will not be necessary and it will make them suspicious. And before you we leave, Klug, please speak a brief prayer for us.

After Klug’s brief prayer she adds pledges her case to Ehlonna and asks for her guidance and wisdom in the upcoming meeting with the council.


Thalia silently follows the lead of the guards into the council. As with most objectively impressive building, she feels more nauseated that impressed by the nature of the council hall. The council hall also fails in the comparison to the mage guilds hall, where the archmage unveiled his plot to seize ultimate power. But even after the rampaging golem, the mage guild was more impressive.

She approaches the seat that Reza points out for her, before she sits down, she turns to the sheik’s loge and bows deeply, remaining bowed for a lasting moment. Then she bows, more shortly, to those right from her position, i.e. right from the sheik.left, then to those to the right. When she bows to the direction of the pirates she seeks the eyes of the fat pirate. If his eyes meet hers, she displays her right hand, palm up and perform performs a weighing gesture… then she forms a fist as if cracking walnuts in her hand or squeezing grapes.

After another deep bow to the sheik’s loge, she takes her seat.


OOC:
STATS
INI: ...
HP: 60 / 60
AC: 22 / T: 17 / FF: 18 |
Saves: Fort: +10/ Ref: +13 / Will: +7 |
__________________
quod licet IOVI, non licet bovi
Status (04/06/2018): normal

Last edited by tilbert; 03-26-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 03-30-2017, 03:57 PM
LeDragon's Avatar
LeDragon LeDragon is offline
Evil inside ®
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 5082
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Posts: 4,573
About one third to one half of the seats are already occupied by some people who are discussing silently with each other, reading papers and scrolls. They wear noble clothes and headgear in traditional and local fashion, expensive jewelry and probably some magic items. Some carry small, decorative weapons of local and tribal origin. The member of the councils are urban spellcasters, some clerics, aristocrats, nobles and merchants, but also rural tribes and desert clan members. Reza doesn't see a member of the Magyarian realm or merchant guilt. However, he can't say if this is good or bad.
"I don't know this people." Yassin whispers to Reza. "But the people in the front row and closer to the sheik are the more important ones."

Dorin and Klug take their seats to the left and the right side. The pirate's body guard seem to sense Klug's intention and he feels their eyes scrutinizing him, but he can withstand their evil glances easily until they look away. The mate stands behind the seats.
Thalia bows politely to the both the empty throne of the sheik and the members of the council. While some just stare at the newcomers, many others bow, too, or nod friendly with their heads.
Just the pirates are not amused. While the right body guard closes instinctively his legs, the pirate ambassador's eyes turn into small slits. After a second he turns his head with a jerky movement and looks demonstratively to the throne.

Suddenly, the mumbling falls silent. Everyone kneels down. One curtain moves slightly and another veiled person - also a woman - appears. Like the first one, she wears white silk clothes and golden jewelry and her head is veiled, too. She holds a long wooden staff with glowing golden runes in her right hand and the every spellcasters in the hall can nearly taste the air sparkling with magic power. At her belt dangles a scimitar but you immediately realizes that the weapon - although surely quite powerful - is mainly a symbol of royalty. "The sheik." Yassin says and kneels down.
The woman sits slowly onto the throne with dignity and proud.

One can hear claws scratching over stone, then a feathered-winged male lion with the size of a heavy warhorse enters slowly and scrutinizes those presents for a long time. The beast is white like snow. You have never seen a magical beast of such power and venerability before. The golden, leonine eyes seem to assess every single person in the hall one by one as simple food or worthy opponent.
No-one dares to breathes. If you want to withstand the impressive gaze, just exceed the following intimidation roll with a WILL save:
Dice * Roll:
d20+17 (13)+17 Total = 30
No volunteers? I thought so.
Everyone fails under the lion's gaze - even the pertly pirates shut up and freeze.
The beast sits next to the throne and - still towering above everyone else - starts to Thalia knows from cats that the lion is NOT dozing - it is lying in wait!doze away.

The first veiled woman nods to your guards who push the unlucky first mate in the middle of the hall. The man starts to explain something in the local languages. The face of the most council members darken.
"He tells the sheik and the council about the pirates' raid." Yassin translates.
The mate makes some hand movements first to the pirates, then flaps with his arms like wings and points to the sheik's familiar - which is immediately wide awake - and then points at Klug. The council members, who seem to be spellcasters, squirm in their seats. Even the sheik sets herself upright on her throne. The first veiled woman shouts something unfriendly at the first mate who throw immediately himself on the floor and whimpers. But the sheik makes a slight movement with her finger and the first veiled women silences, steps back and bows obediently to the throne.
"The mate said that Klug summoned a beast like the royal winged lion. This was close to blasphemy and the veiled woman claimed he lies, but the sheik says he said the truth." Yassin whispers.
The mate points at Reza and Dorin, says a few sentences and makes some additional gestures which indicates a series of mighty explosions.
"Dorin summoned clouds with thunderstorm and lightning and Reza set the sea in flames." Yassin summarizes. "The ship and all pirates were torn into pieces or burned to ashes."
A noisy murmur goes through the crowd. The mate points at the pirates, then at you and especially at Thalia and continues his tale. "Only the Minotaur, Lord Redhorn the horrible, survived and was able to climb onto the ship, but you lightning magic brought him to his knees and Thalia shot him down with burning arrows. And Klug clashed with his sword into him and threw him back on the deck after every attack. Then you cut his throat like cattle at the butcher."
You can hear silent cheers and claps from the crowd and satisfied faces at both the warriors and the spellcasters. Even the merchants seem to hide their pleasant, but their are also worried faces and concerned voices. Although you can't understand them, their seem to different parties. The ones who will suffer under the upcoming warfare - and the ones who won't or may even win.
The ambassador's face is red of anger and hatred. To listen that one of his masters died like a common cow insults him and makes his blood boil.

The mate ends his story and is dismissed by a lackey. The man rescues himself by joining your group and hiding behind Klug's broad shoulders.

Now, the ambassador of the pirates starts to speak. To your surprise, he speaks in a calm, deep voice, showing both concern and anger is a well measured way. The man is both skilled speaker and dangerous politician. Finally, he moves to you - but still keeps a safety margin of about 20 feet - points to you while turning to the sheik and makes some demands.
The crowd becomes noisy again and even the sheik moves uncertain on her throne.
"The ambassador claims that you had no right to kill Lord Redhorn due to the peace treaty. You are from Frydenfurt, thus, the sheik's protection was not valid for you. The Magyarian fleet devastated some smaller pirate strongholds in the last years, thus, he claims that the ship, the crew, you and all your possessions shall be handed over to him as representative of the noble Lord of whatever - or there will be war again."
The ambassador bows politely to the sheik and sits back on his seat with a triumphal smile on his face.

The veiled woman turns to Thalia. "What is your request and answer, Thalia Wistlethorn, Initiate of the Balance Keepers of Ehlonna, the Lady of the Forrest? You may speak now."

DM's notes:For the brief prayer: please make a knowledge religion check to determine the help of the gods.

--------------------------------------------------

You may make any relevant roll(s) to help you - bluff, diplomacy, intimidate, sense motive,... All roll can be made open.

You have 10 posts in total to make a whispered discussion and decide how to argue. The others can not hear you.
The council expect and accept that you discuss the topic secretly and then one person/the leader/the speaker tells the council the group's answer.
I advise one post per char for proposals and a second one for assessing the proposed proceeding.

In the 11th post, one char speaks to the sheik. She/he makes a bluff and/or diplomacy roll to support her answer/requests. Every good idea/argument/action (of the others) gives him/her bonuses. Stupid things gives him/her a handicap.
Thalia already gained a +1 bonus for her polite bow to the sheik and the council.

Please keep in mind:
- the sheik or some helper seem to be able to discern lies (acc. to the spell).
- this is no fair tribunal, it is a political decision of the sheik what to do with you. Two obvious ways: she whether sacrifices you to the pirates and saves her realm - but for the prize of appearing to be weak and frighten - or defend you and the ship against the pirates but risk a war which will cost many more lives than you and the crew.
- gods rule this world, not mortals!

__________________
Never trust a smiling gamemaster!
Proud of DMing "The Gates of Might" (since 04/2012) and "The tomb of Xhancar Ckancil" (since 09/2017) - with the best teams ever!

Last edited by LeDragon; 03-30-2017 at 04:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 03-30-2017, 06:13 PM
anamiac's Avatar
anamiac anamiac is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 3655
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Posts: 5,218
Dorin bows, attempting to emulate the ways others are bowing. He listens attentively as the case is brought forward.

Once it's time for the group huddle, Dorin is eager to have his say. He had a suspicion that either queen sheik or the lion had a way of hearing the conversation, but didn't see any harm in it if she were - there wasn't anything to hide really. They got the gyst of the story right, although some of the details were certainly exaggerated to make us look bad. For instance, that beast over by the throne is way more impressive than the hippogriff you summoned... no offense Klug. Not sure if it's worth correcting the account.

What flag was our ship flying, a Malgarian or a Malasa'hab, or some other? If it was Malasa'hab, then the pirates preformed an act of war. If Malgarian, then siding with the pirates would give the Malgarian's Caucus Belle against her. Even if it was some other flag, siding with the pirates would make her a party to piracy, and would be a grievance against that country. Wars have been started for less. Similarly, siding with the pirates who are so obviously in the wrong - for all peoples acknowledge the rights of sailors to defend their lives against pirates - would earn universal condemnation from their neighbors, and even their own citizens. Merchants would refuse to trade with them, and it could easily lead to more wars. She doesn't want more wars - if she didn't already have more enemies than she wanted, she wouldn't be making bargains with the devils in the first place.

If Lord Redhorn's attacking Malgarian's doesn't violate the treaty, then neither can Malgarian's killing Lord Redhorn in self defense. Even ignoring the treaty, the idea that we had no right to kill Redhorn - who was so clearly trying to murder us - is laughable, and we want to play it right so everyone in this room will laugh at the ambassador. We could argue about whether the Magyarian fleet's actions were justified because of earlier piracy, or we could contend that as a merchant ship we had nothing to do with the forces attacking the pirate strongholds... I don't know if either tack would be worth it. As for the threat of war from him - I think we can just as easily threaten wars. Certainly the Malgarian empire would be a worse foe than a rag tag bundle of pirates. If they interpret the treaty to mandate turning us over to the pirates, then they allow the pirates to drag them into wars with any nation at the pirate's whims. Do they really want Pirates to be dictating their diplomacy, telling them how to rule?
__________________
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
Westley - The Princess Bride
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 04-02-2017, 04:19 PM
tilbert's Avatar
tilbert tilbert is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-09-2019
RPXP: 6102
tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert
Posts: 6,750
At Nehab’ab CouncilThalia calms down over the prayer to the gods, that placed the quest on the hearts of her fellows and her own
Dice know.Rel:
1d20+10 (15)+10 Total = 25
(25)


Thalia carefully listens to the opinions and suggestions of her fellows. Courts and political intrigues have been their turf much more than hers in their past and their destiny will be tied to her or her chosen spokesman’s words. Weighing their words carefully in her mind, she smiles at each of them, placing her hand on their shoulder or cheeks to offer some comfort and validation. When she feels the eyes on her to present her opinion, she speaks.

I am afraid this is not about to be in the right. We killed Redhorn in self-defense and saved the crew from a pitiful fate. We saved Yassim, the boy from a cursed wreck from the same. The reason we are here is is beyond humanity’s justice… we have become a part of a political game… and the gods, our patrons, may be our chance out of this.

Truth, as far as I can see, is our best defense. I’d like to invite the people in the court to use any magic or means they have to distinguish between truth and lie. I would argue that our path, is defined by our patrons, that have imposed a quest onto us. A quest, that we do not feel to speak about in an extended public, like this hearing. For a short moment our fate and the fate of the pirates and the Nehab’ab crossed. The outcome of this incidential crossing, shows that our gods were watching over us. Our survival and the safety of the crew cannot be explained in a differently.

Since the gods of good have imposed a quest onto us, I want to request that we are free to leave, with all our belongings. Furthermore I suggest that the clerics of Nehab’ab direct their divine spell casters to bring back Redhorn back to life. So except for a destroyed pirate galley and tarnished pride, no harm is done, nothing worth to wage a war… and the pirate nation will owe Nehab’ab a big one… almost like we have never been here, if everyone wants…

If we are questioned about the quest from our patrons, I would reply that I am confident that it does not correlate to the relationship between Nehab’ab an the pirates, but that it can be explained in a much smaller round.


I am also considering to request satisfaction from the ambassador for the accusations and the threats before hearing in this court… but I am willing to forgo this request to smoothen the situation.



OOC:
STATS
INI: ...
HP: 60 / 60
AC: 22 / T: 17 / FF: 18 |
Saves: Fort: +10/ Ref: +13 / Will: +7 |
__________________
quod licet IOVI, non licet bovi
Status (04/06/2018): normal
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 04-07-2017, 09:21 AM
Tafratin's Avatar
Tafratin Tafratin is online now
Outcast
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-17-2019
RPXP: 4354
Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin
Posts: 10,193
Klug

Klug has little to say, but their are some things that bother him. As a simple and straight forward guy, fancy words and complex sayings can confuse him.

"As a cleric of my god, KORD, may I speak truly. The pirates attacked a Nehab’ab ship. We as passengers had made an agreement with the captain to help defend the ship. With the help of Kord and Aquarius, we, as allies of Nehab’ab did so. Surly the Sultan Hamid Kha'nar and the honorable Wakhir will be thankful that we helped protect Nehab’ab, Was it not right that we fought the aggressor?"

"Also, I brought froth a strong winged horse to help. I can only wish to have the allegiance of one as you have. Respectfully to an ally."
__________________
Life is one darn thing after another. But some is love!
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 04-07-2017, 02:23 PM
Khalil's Avatar
Khalil Khalil is online now
Don't quit, don't give up
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 10981
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Posts: 8,269
Reza MeingReza walked and as he did Reza became more pensive at the current situation. The truth was that not only did this unnecessary trial delay their mission, it could very well be the end of it. A flash of the vision he had seen shook him and he gave inevitable tremble. Reza liked this world and more than that he liked living. Whatever the next world held for him the sorcerer was not ready for it. So when Thalia suggested that they pray, Reza smiled and shrugged in an agreement.

Guess it would be best to let them know we might be coming by. And so Reza
Dice * Religion Check:
1d20+1 (14)+1 Total = 15
prayed with the others.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reza listened during the trial. One to make sure what Yassim was saying was true, and two to understand the reactions of the people. The sorcerer could not help but smile at the description of the Klug's summon. Even the reaction from the crowd garnered him a smug smile. Let them believe that we are more powerful. He commanded himself. As he listened more and came upon the part where they talk about the ship being from Fyrdenfurt, Reza snorted. That ship was most definitely not from Frydenfurt. They didn't even carry Frydenfurt's colors. He shook his head in obvious displeasure, still he remained silent until his friends had spoken, and as he did. He listened.

Reza nodded along with what Dorin. Yes, indeed. The Shitia is a ship from Malasa'hab if not from Nehab'ab itself. The captain himself mentioned is he of the Clan of the Sandsailers. The fact that the Lord's of Shir'ek attack first, means they disregarded the treaty first. We should mention that the citizen's of Malas'hab specifically of the Clan of the Sandsailers are not protected by the laws of this realm.

Then Reza listens to Thalia. He mostly agreed with what she said, but he shook his head when she mentioned resurrecting the minotaur. No. No way, no how. No! That beast was evil as they come Thalia. Good men were killed on that ship. I am sure we can resolve this issue without having to bring that blight back. For all we know the souls of a thousand misfortunates were finally silence when we brought justice upon that pig. Let's not mention such an idea.

Reza then turns to Yassin and ask. Boy, you mentioned earlier at the dock that your vessel was attacked by the galley at the docks. Tell me Yassin, was there anyone of status in that ship? You mentioned your uncle was a merchant. Would his house hold a higher standing than the Clan of the Sandsailers?

After Yassin mentioned his part. Reza then thought of something. You mentioned the crew was beheaded and their heads taken to the hold of the galley? Perhaps we can use this as evidence to the violation of the treaty. Malasa'hab might be respecting the treaty, but it is obvious the Lord of Shir'ek are not. This treaty is one sided. Reza shook his head in frustration. His father had been a man of conviction and law, and Reza could now relate to some of the frustrations he often expressed with Frydenfurt's own laws.

He leaned in closer to Thalia. There is always the option of trial by combat maybe? Perhaps trial, by ...quest? A task the shiek might need done?



__________________
Currently Playing:
-Reza Meing (The Gates of Might - 6yrs running!)
-Captain Wolf Rayet (Serpent's Skull - 1yr running!)
GM for: Korvosa
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 04-09-2017, 03:09 PM
tilbert's Avatar
tilbert tilbert is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-09-2019
RPXP: 6102
tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert
Posts: 6,750
Countdown… that post 5 of 10 that serves for alignment of our strategy.

At Nehab’ab CouncilThalia grows visibly impatient, when her fellows focus again on the legal aspects of the failed capture attempt or try to more oil into the fire of the conflict, without a strategy what to situation they might provoke.

Maybe I am wrong, but if you look closely, it’s not us, who are on the spot today, it’s the sheik. The sheik’s decision about our fate, will seal also seal his and his people’s fate. There is no time to bring in more advocates or other parties.

Then she turns to Reza I understand your doubts about bringing back the Minotaur, but maybe you have not considered some of perks of this approach: we move out of the focus of the political situation and the sheik comes out in a stronger position than today. Redhorn may go a long way to revenge for his humiliation, which draws attention from his the conflict with Nehab’ab… another ‚win‘ for the sheik. We plan to travel on land soon, not really a pirate’s turf. Last but not least, I am confident that a deity called upon to bring back a person, can change that person heart.

If we don’t want to consider to bring back Redhorn, here’s another idea: we could try to convince the ambassador to go over to Nehab’ab. The moment the death of Redhorn’s death became public here - I assume that he was missed already days ago, after the failed capture - he must have realized that the balance of powers has changed at home. So he goes to see the council of Nehab’ab: the perfect chance for treason… a change of powers often leads to a disposal of former servant and favorites, this needs to be stressed… especially if we, those who killed Redhorn, leave the council hale and healthy… I could even address this point with a ‚congratulation to the ambassador that he decided to surrender his power annd ships to the Nehab’ab. Of course the forces of Nehab’ab would have to take action and remove too loyal ex-pirates from their ranks… again this leaves the sheik in greater power or at least the pirates in a weaker position.

Then Thalia closes her eyes and grabs Reza and Klug at Their shoulders. You remember where we met! You remember, how we found Lady Bolap in the same dungeons you were kept. The ambassador threatened the same and worse to me… I don’t plan to let him get away with that.


OOC:
STATS
INI: ...
HP: 60 / 60
AC: 22 / T: 17 / FF: 18 |
Saves: Fort: +10/ Ref: +13 / Will: +7 |
__________________
quod licet IOVI, non licet bovi
Status (04/06/2018): normal
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB