Advice/Thoughts on Converting Psionics to Magic/Cleric domain for Eberron Homebrew? - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Feedback & User Resources > Gaming Advice
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 09:33 AM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
NiganDong
Advice/Thoughts on Converting Psionics to Magic/Cleric domain for Eberron Homebrew?

Greetings everyone. I've been kinda stuck at a point in my game planning and hope that your feedback would guide me further somewhat. As the title of my thread states, I direly need advice on how to convert DND 3.5 psionics to DND5e spells. I plan on running a homebrew version of Eberron DND5e here in RPGx hence many setting elements have been added or combined, and some have been removed or nerfed to create a more streamlined panorama so to speak.

One of these preferences include migrating psionics (dnd 3.5) into another Magic/Cleric Domain or possibly merge psionic abilities into existing Magic or Cleric domains. Another possible means to an end is create Warlock version that uses a mix of psionics and spells. I know the Mystic DnD5e exists and it is somewhat suitable.

Thanks in advance and have a great day.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27657
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
First and foremost, welcome to the club chummer!

My first bit of advice will be to head to the new member introduction area to say hi. Then make a few more posts to shed that pesky new member status.

Sadly, we get a lot of spambots around these parts that ask cool questions and then sneak harmful virus links in. Shedding your newbie status will go a long way to building trust and getting you the answers you're looking for

As for the question, I always keep it separate. If you're going to combine it with magic, just use magic. Psionics are only cool because they are their own beast. Though, if you're feeling kind, give everyone free skill ranks for psionic skills if they buy their magic skill counterpart (know arcana/religion grants free know psionics and spellcraft grants psicraft) Nobody likes feat/skill taxes!
Old 05-16-2020, 01:17 PM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 43175
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
They've already released Eberron for D&D 5e, some months ago, with a third-party (unofficial) Eberron guide before that. I wouldn't bother trying to create your own, just use what they published.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:20 AM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36542
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Turns out this is a copy of a thread from 2017. The actual original poster's question were answered. Closing this one, and noting it may be deleted.
Closed Thread