RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: I-M > MoonZar > Empire's Trials
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-05-2018, 06:39 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16208
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Tatsuo & Rene's CellTatsuo's awareness groggily creeps back at a sluggish pace. His body is wracked by a painful cough. The icy stone wall roughly digs into his ravaged back amid his convulsions. Tatsuo would have to admit that this felt like more than a new scar or two.

Memory of the moments before passing out trickle back through the pain. Trying to hold back any reaction is usually counterproductive because then they just hit harder for a reaction. He is not as tough as some of his siblings who could pull that off.

Trying to overreact or oversell it usually amuses the really sadistic sorts much like a kid with new toy, a kid who breaks it. The trick is keeping the pained cries forthcoming but nothing special, the best chance for the bastard to get bored and ease up. Feeling another wracking spasm, he thinks grimly that he doesn't want to see what they going at it would look like.

Feeling another cough, his throat is dust dry. Thirst & blood loss are not a pleasant mix. And with the ice cold stone on his bare, rent back, he knows that he should be shivering a lot more; more worrisome is that he is feeling sleepy instead. If he does not do something, odds are not good that he will last the night.

Hearing his cellmate's whisper, Tatsuo darts his eyes to him. His nod & tiny smile is just barely perceptible. He takes the opportunity of the release to using his disguise self (sp)disguise a gag over his mouth to obscure the loss of the real one. At first, he is wondering why Rene did not release himself, but he spies him spreading the joys of freedom to the others (the odd healing lizard must be one of theirs). Speaking of, as much as he would love to savor some simple creature comforts like stretching his limbs, sipping some conjured water, or even patching up his ravaged back, this window of opportunity is brief enough as it is.

Though keeping his eyelids low to veil his return to consciousness, he catches sight of the commotion over by the Matuzalyans' cell. Eyeing the distracted mook with the gun (& the keys), Tatsuo concentrates. The flippant observer might think he is just letting out some long, painful coughs and spasming in his manacles. The truly astute observer would pick out Conceal Spell:
Onlookers do not notice spell (no AoO, no readied action) unless:
Perception/Sense Motive/Spellcraft DC22 to notice
If someone is looking at him (which I don't think anyone is), Perception/Spellcraft DC21 to notice somatic components
Distance mods apply.
some telltale signs of spellcraft hidden within. The mystic spy lets his magics Full-round: cast Charm Person on key guard (using Conceal Spell), Will DC15flow into the guard's mind, trying to seep in and shift its currents subtly.

Old 08-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1658
JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid
Olesia Knox: Innocent Blood
left-aligned image
Very quickly, tensions within their prison block began to spiral horribly out of control. A helpless woman thrown into the mix...but what followed consumed what mercy Olesia may have been willing to show these sea-bastards! The paladin shifted in her bonds as Rita was hastily dragged out before them, prickled with a sickening dread. Before she knew it, chaos erupted, pistols were aimed straight at them as if they could put up much of a fight chained up to the walls! The men were frenzied, swinging at the air as though they were searching for an invisible rogue. Olesia could only shake her head in disbelief. To think a silly tavern song could burn the Vixen’s ego to such an extent and cause such an uproar? Taevar was just being—Taevar. He couldn’t help but fly his flag high, despite the fact that they were clearly dealing with a sadistic witch of the highest order! Yet, to Olesia, the blame fell squarely on her shoulders. She had incited this madness, to an extent, by prodding the beast into a fury.

Olesia had sworn to herself that she wouldn’t suffer the sight of another innocent death. Sadly, there’s very little a paladin can do weighted down in chains. The savage woman cut Rita’s throat, as if she had done it a thousand times before. The ghastly sight of the cascade of blood and Rita’s sorrowful expression, devoid of hope, burned into Olesia’s mind. Another sacrifice to Xadanyel. With this, her gaze sharpened with pure rage.

This…This is precisely why I took the Oath…why I must keep my head down and my strength up. You’ve been marked, woman. Marked by Eryka’s Sword!

The Vixen didn’t know it, so blissfully unaware, that she was already dead. She had one foot in this world, and one in the fire. She best pray that they don’t escape. For, if by some miracle that occurs, swift judgement would find her.

Olesia silently marked the suffering of her fellow prisoners across the corridor, cruelly beaten within an inch of their lives. By Eryka’s Light, every stroke of the lash will come back upon the pirate’s heads. Light, all I need are free hands and a rusty knife! Alas, their suffering continued throughout the day, the two men whipped to shreds, while the rest were starved and left to freeze to death. The cowards were too wary of the paladin to even free her from the wall, though Olesia gave no indication of resistance. Her mind drifted in contemplation and prayer…1 hr contemplative prayer...swapping spells: Knight's Calling for Commandpreparing.

She waited, quiet, a shackled bear, a wing-clipped falcon, the fires of vengeance bristling within keeping her warm and toasty amid the insufferable cold. So deep in her thoughts, in fact, that the knight was quite unaware of the tap-tap-tap of lizard feet.

StatBlock

Last edited by JReid; 08-05-2018 at 09:15 PM. Reason: fixing typos/statblock
Old 08-06-2018, 10:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2646
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
A tinge of regret stung Pacho as the blade sliced the woman’s neck, such a meaningless death. He could see the eyes of his compatriots, burning with vengeance, justice or whatever they want to call it. If freedom does grace them, blood will flow. Pacho though had little in the way of moral judgement. Innocence is a matter of perspective. He is sure the pirate queen could find some justification for her brutality, as his compatriot will soon find for theirs against her. Now a days Pacho barely felt such feeling, the routines of horrors long ago dulled those emotions Murder to him now was just another tool to be wielded for one’s interest, free from such silliness. He had likely done worse in the name of the Empire, though was never so crude. This woman’s emotion masquerading as purpose was a dangerous mix. She was a hammer battering a screw into a plank and all she could do was hit harder. This night of murder and whippings showed she was prone to extremes, making escape now the utmost priority. If this self-titled queen lost her life to an angry mob in such an escape, all the better. The more he24 Knowledge Check Local pondered her the more he got the itching feeling he had seen her face before.

Pacho spent the torture in silence cursing his nakedness. His chemical and tools stripped, all he had was his mind, and in these chains it was at best voyeur unable to take part. He laid quietly as he watched the whippings, the young lord not taking his particularly well, despite the drama though he held strong. Pacho was never fond of such torture, it bared little fruit and was more for torturers sick pleasure. Sleep deprivation was far more effective.

As the night settled and the tension lowered Pacho tried to relax, waiting for a chance. It came and pasted. As the pirate girl lay herself bare and the thugs discuss her desecration Pacho, angled his chains for maximum leverage pull Str 12 failpulled as hard as he could. His science was sound but his strength was not, wanting more than some spoons of water for such a task. He slumped back down in his chains returning to his waiting, hoping his fellow captives had more success.

Last edited by gotha; 08-06-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:27 PM
Skulblaka-vodhr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1556
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
Korag Bolin
left-aligned image
Korag felt a knot of despair form deep in his stomach as the young woman was murdered while he watched, helpless. Eryka preserve you, child.

He stayed stone faced and silent as the pirates fed him and left. The dwarf may have been made of sturdier stuff than humans, but even he was beginning to feel the cold. His anger, though, seemed like a flare, warming him. There’s a lot of blood on these people’s hands. There’s going to be a reckoning, and I just pray I’m a part of it.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:46 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24267
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Taevar gritted his teeth as he watched their captors have their way with them in the brutal cold and inhostipal circumstances. He could not muster enough strength to free himself let alone all of them. He knew their situation was a brutal one but carefully marked all of his captor's faces to memory as well as he could.

He would need to bide his time. There would be an opening and he would escape and when that happened no sea would be safe for these pirates. He would hunt them down one by one and hand them from the highest mast for all of their friends to see, so the next one would know that the one born of the sea was coming. Taevar sat quietly trying to save his strength.

His time would come.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:19 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22572
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Currently
Date 3th of Azaëlle, 7453 (Winter)
Time Evening
Weather Outside Snowing, -21 C.
Inside Normal Light, 4 C.

Raven's Den CellsThe perv who is curious about Sayyida anatomy lifts the woman ragged shirt to look under it. - " Oh my, look at that... wow. (Darakyan) " He's becoming increasingly excited, squeezing intimate parts of the woman body. - " Sorry bro... I, I can't hold it anymore. (Darakyan) " He rips the Matuzalian's shirt, exposing her bra and body, unaware that the prisoners are getting lose. In the corridor, the other pirate is keeping guard clueless that his mind is not under some magical influence. - " Stop, man, she is really going to kill us, she means it to don't touch the women. We can go to whores later tonight. Come on. (Darakyan) " The aggressors is literally drooling at the sight of Sayyida body. - " Whores? Do you see this piece of meat here? Can't compare with what they offer in Nuxvar. "

OOCCell 18A: René, Tatsuo (hands and feet free)
Cell 18B: Pacho (hands free), Taevar
Cell 18C: Sayyida, Rana
Cell 18D: Korag
Cell 18E: Olesia, Xan'cha (hands free)

Last edited by MoonZar; 08-07-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16208
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Tatsuo & Rene's CellThe spy's smile stretches beneath the illusory gag. The success warms his chilled bones. While the guards are terribly distracted, his whisper drifts to his mage cellmate in the Aquanflowing tongue, "One down, one to go. You want to get ready with any of those shenanigans?"

Tatsuo concentrates again. Another round coughs and twitches come to veil Conceal Spell:
Onlookers do not notice spell (no AoO, no readied action) unless:
Perception/Sense Motive/Spellcraft DC22 to notice
If someone is looking at him (which I don't think anyone is), Perception/Spellcraft DC21 to notice somatic components
Distance mods apply.
his spellwork. If nothing else, Full-round: cast Charm Person on key guard (using Conceal Spell), Will DC15his ensorcellment of the molesting brute should distract from disgusting designs.

OOCWhat Tatsuo says next depends on whether the 2nd spell takes or not.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:56 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24267
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
The bastard looked over at Pacho and tried to get his attention. Pssst. Psst. Pacho. he called over whispering. I've got a plan to get us out of here, but I'm going to need your help. he explained. I've got this thing I can do... to make it look like I'm not here, but it won't last long. When the guard with the key is close I need you to tell him I escaped then I will do my thing and when he gets close we can grab the key. You game my friend? Taevar asked quietly.

Last edited by Avner; 08-07-2018 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:09 PM
Skulblaka-vodhr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1556
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
Korag Bolin
left-aligned image
Korag pulled on his chains with all his strength, but to no avail. He had to do something! He could not, would not, simply hang on this wall and watch this atrocity happen!

"Araghhh! Eryka, Miranas, gods above and below! If ever I’ve been faithful, if ever I’ve earned any favor, bless me now!"

Sadly, though he strained, no deity came to his aid. He screamed and raged helplessly, unable to help, unable to do so much as reach the front of his cell.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:49 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15777
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
René René was running out of time, and he could feel the pressure building.

What I'm not doing enough? René quips back at Tatsuo.

René had to concentrate.

These people weren’t going to stay quiet for long, and he wasn’t going to survive another beating.

Scanning the room, he took account of those whose bindings remained.

The girl with the friendly lizard-thing still had her feet bound alongside the wholly bound blonde loudmouth, they would need her strength but not yet.

The dwarf was out of the question - he was already piping up again. The singing buffoon would probably get him flogged again.

The pirate wench was preoccupied and the only other one who had remained mostly quiet was right next to her…

Of course! René had forgotten all about the other man dangling almost right beside him. He would be the next to taste freedom.

René could tell that the cold and the awkward angles were weighing heavily on him regardless of the small amount of life which had been restored to him. Finally, René heard the tiniest of clicks confirming that his target was able to move his hands.
OoCPacho’s hands are free.

Last edited by wodine; 08-07-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:42 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13355
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors

They were committed now. Her own hands were free, the other prisoners were taking advantage of the diversion to carry out their own schemes, the vicious wounds inflicted by there pirates were melting away in a manner that could only be magic. Any casual observation would detect her handiwork, and if caught, there would never be another chance for escape. These savages, the priestess finding no irony in her thoughts, would beat them, chain them, break their fingers, break their jaws, whatever it took to ensure that there would be no magic from anyone should they be caught. There was no turning back now. Unfortunately, they were careening ahead full speed with no real means to steer. She just had to hope the others were able to improvise, or at least take advantage of any openings they might see. There was no doubt the pirates would turn violent once they discovered they had been duped, and that moment was inevitable. The other man in the cell with René was badly injured, weakened, and would never stand up to any kind of attack from the pirates. She may not have the power to do much while locked in the cell, even with her hands free, but she had the power to change that much at least.

Another nod of her head in Tatsuo's direction sent the small reptile scurrying over to him. Empathic commands might be crude but they were more than sufficient for her needs. [i]He is hurt. You must help.[/b] The lizard-like creature understands. It felt the pain of the pirate's lash, a pain that still lingers in its master. It felt anger. And knowing that this man has felt the same pain, knows it must help. And so the small reptile hops onto Tatsuo's clothes, climbing up to his shoulder just as it did with René. It stretches out as a warm, pale green glow alights in its eyes and it gently nuzzles its forehead against Tatsuo's cheek. Just as with René, Dr. Compy channels another healing hex
Dice Healing:
1d8+4 (4)+4 Total = 8
revitalizing magic flows from Xan'cha, through her spirit animal, and into Tatsuo, knitting his wounds. For now the creature stays perched on the man's shoulder in a defensive position, seemingly ready to defend him from any attackers. Even though it is smaller than the average house cat, it certainly does seem determined.

Turning her attention to Olesia, the dark-skinned woman speaks in a whisper. "When te time is right, Quetzanali's blessings will be upon you. Her fangs will be your sword, her scales will be your shield. But te woman... take not her life. It belong to me," she says through narrowed eyes. If there were any doubts that this was not truly Aria Rador, there was no place for such thoughts now.

Last edited by PalladiaMors; 08-07-2018 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:54 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4613
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
Sayyida opens her eyes as the pirate's hands begin to fumble in the tatters of her clothes. Her breath catches when she sees that he doesn't have the keys on his belt. She had planned to take them from him and throw them into an adjoining locked cell but he must have given them away. She is about to rise up and begin to fight, to grab him and try to strangle him in her chains or bite into his neck and cheek, when she sees something curious in the cell behind him.

One of the other prisoners hands are free. How that is she doesn't know, but finding freedom may depend on the guards not noticing until it's too late. Her plan changes and despite the growing queasiness in her stomach she bites down on her tongue and let's the guard's hands roam.

There are worse things in life she tells herself. And if they can't free themselves, Sayyida doubts she'll be alive for long. Her usefulness and worth to her captors is bound to run out.

Lifting her head a little, she lets her eyes find the pirate's and swallows the fetid taste her words bring with them to her mouth and lips.

"I'm cold brother. So cold."

Keep your eyes on me. Here. Now. Stay with me, just a little longer. Your death has a price I'm willing to pay.

Last edited by GeneT; 08-07-2018 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:27 PM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1658
JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid
Olesia Knox
left-aligned image
Olesia lifted her head, intrigued by Aria’s words. Blessings of a foreign god? Any help under these circumstances would be most welcome. A grim joy bounded, as it seemed more than a few among them wanted a piece of the Vixen. It mattered not who struck the deathblow, so long as the witch meets her swift, appointed end.

With Korag’s sudden, rueful plea, the paladin’s attentions shifted immediately to the far cell…The brazen one, Sayyida, was in danger! Those foul miscreants were focused on her with salacious machinations! Olesia clenched her fists, knowing it was within her means to stop them…all that hindered her was a dilapidated old rag. However, slowly it became apparent that something was finally going down. One must give credit where it’s due. The magically inclined among them certainly were cunning. It was hard to see precisely what was going on, hidden within the dim of their prison, but there was one glaring detail—Aria’s hands were free?! Free of their shackles, at least.

Merciful Eryka, let this plan work! The paladin glanced back at Aria, dropping a reassuring nod. Olesia Knox was on board, hopefully this attempt would prove more successful…if they took their time. Alas, how much time did they have before Sayyida’s ran out?

StatBlock

Old 08-08-2018, 02:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2646
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
Pacho can feel the manacles slightly loosen and he knows he is free, by divine intervention or just a man who thinks himself divine. Whichever it was he was grateful. He let his hands rest a little, allowing the blood flow, but otherwise kept up the charade of being shackled.

As the sailor whispered to him he nodded, the plan sounded better than anything he had and it seemed like many other plots currently were a foot.

Delayed ActionHe waited for the seaman to do his trick then Hold action until Teavar does his trick then speak uppiped up.

"The sailor has escaped, come quick."

Last edited by MoonZar; 08-08-2018 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:01 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22572
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Currently
Date 3th of Azaëlle, 7453 (Winter)
Time Evening
Weather Outside Snowing, -21 C.
Inside Normal Light, 4 C.

Raven's Den Cells- " Ah wow, it's my lucky day, she wants it!!! (Darakyan) " In a poor attempt of tenderness, the unappealing man hugs the woman from behind with his two rough hands all over her body. He's shivering with excitement, kissing her neck. Awe transformed the face of the other pirate, it didn't make sense unless that woman went nuts. Usually, torture doesn't turn on women. - " Wait, something is wrong, you should stop. (Darakyan) " The wiser of the two begin to look around, investigating the dwarf first.

OOCCell 18A: René, Tatsuo (hands and feet free)
Cell 18B: Pacho (hands free), Taevar
Cell 18C: Sayyida, Rana
Cell 18D: Korag
Cell 18E: Olesia, Xan'cha (hands free)

Last edited by MoonZar; 08-08-2018 at 10:12 AM.