RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-20-2019, 04:59 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 785
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
Quick question, would you allow "Undead/Skeleton" as a PC race?

Last edited by chubbyninja29; 08-20-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:05 PM
Prince of Avolition

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 193
ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief
READY FOR REVIEW

Breaking Glass, Kenku Fighter
right-aligned image
Name: Breaking Glass
Race: Kenku
Class: Fighter
Background: Outlander
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Appearance:

Personality Traits:
- I have a lesson for every situation, drawn from observing nature.
- I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear.
Ideal: Freedom. Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them.
Bond: A proud noble once gave me a horrible beating, and I will take my revenge on any bully I encounter.
Flaw: An innocent person is in prison for a crime i committed. I'm okay with that.

History/Reason for coming to Skyfall:

Last edited by ChiefDisbelief; 08-20-2019 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:39 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 660
theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster
left-aligned image

Name: Raeomour
Class: Wizard (Illusionist)
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral

Background: Criminal (Spy)
Trait 1: I change my attitude and personality to blend in with the people around me.
Trait 2: I have a habit of listening in on the conversations of others.
Bond: I had some colleagues that I trade information with from time to time.
Ideal: The information is good, coming out alive better, the coin I'll get from this, totally worth it.
Flaw: I don't save people who can't save themselves. The Game is harsh and the stupid and flamboyant tend to die the first.
Skills (3): Stealth, Perception, Insight

Description: Raeomour has one of those faces that seems to blend in. He is of average build for a human standing roughly 5'10" and weighing about 150 pounds. He is not particularly handsome, just plain features with hazel colored eyes and light-brown average length hair. In fact, a slight change in one direction and he could look female, while a slight change in another and he looks like a man. His clothing is rather simple, neither rich nor poor, but well kept. Tunic is common in color as are his leggings, ending in soft leather boots. A few belt pouches hang off a leather belt as do a couple daggers. Bottom line, if you saw him in a room, you would not pay one bit of attention to him.

Personality: There are advantages and disadvantages of being average. What the gods give you is the hand you are dealt and must play with. In my case, I'm there and yet I am not at the same time. Society likes to single out, glorify, those that are different, whether handsome, beautiful, ugly, crippled, and ignore those that are just there. I have taken my hand and played it, learned from it. Used it to my advantage. I've listened and overheard many interesting conversations. I am the one sitting next to you, but when you look at me, you look at somebody else nearby. And what you just discussed, no matter how softly, trying to keep private, is now my property. I possess what you did not want known. And if I play my cards correctly, power.

So how do I do it? It's easy, but takes practice and patience. You must be able to weave what is not there and bring it to life. Make what somebody thinks they see actually exist, even if it's for a split moment. Because during that time, that is all it takes for me to get what I need from you. You must become somebody you are not, fool the trained eye, and expose weaknesses of those around you. Assume a new identity. Add a well placed wart, long hair or maybe a fake chest. Whatever it takes to get close. Whatever is required. I will be there one minute, and gone the next. Or maybe I will stay a while, unseen, right next to you.

So there you have it. That is who I am. That is what I do. Or is it?

Why Skyfall?
Sweat running down his back and face, Raeomour sat slightly hunched over on the edge of the wool-filled four-poster canopied bed, a hand on supporting his head. Every night since he had arrived in Skyfall, the same bloody dream repeated itself over and over. He knew the figures in his dream, but they were dead from an age long past. However, the dream had recently changed. The figure of Arash Rayelle appeared. It was so real and intense--Arash demanded his presence. Each night the intensity had grown until tonight. Something was different. This time the dream ended as though it had decided it had accomplished its task.

Sitting up, his hand subconsciously fingered a note in a small pocket in his haversack. 'That small paper would make him wealthy' he thought to himself as he slowly slid back under the sheets and up close to a scanty clad female body. Running his fingers through her hair, she shifted slight. He smiled. Sweet words, flattery, some drinks and gifts from Sir Walter DeGrey of Vincee, the man she thought was laying next to her these last few nights, was all it took to land her in bed and an invitation to The Twelve. Getting close to those who are influential has its perks. It was a game that not many dared play or understood.

She rolls over, looking at Sir Walter. "Whats wrong?" her voice was tired yet seductive.
"Nothing. Nothing at all, my love." Raising up he lightly kiss her on the forehead. He slowly worked his way lower, "When I am with you, the only place I want to be is closer." What she did not know is this would be their last foray together. Tomorrow he would be at The Twelve and she would be another memory and story. But until then, he would make the most of what remained of this night.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1607
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
right-aligned image

Name: noren
Race: eladrin
Class: druid
Background: solider
Alignment:cg
Appearance: wielding a club and wooden shield noren stands tall with an average build. He has a leather jerkin and pants with tattoos covering most of his body. Scars are seen across his upper torso and face. A strand of cloth hangs from his jerkin with letters that appear sylvan.
Traits I enjoy destroying things and find difficulty in trusting after losing his closet friends in the battle of phares.
/Bonds
Those fighting at my side are worth dying for.
/Ideals
I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves
/Flaw:
My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning
Personality: goal oriented and gruff. He will defend those he feels need it and hates bullies. He is a strong defender of nature and the animals who survive upon it. He seems to be kinder and more friendly to animals than humanoids though anyone who joins him in battle he treats as family and will put his life before theirs.
In autumn he gives his belongings to the point of basic survival to those he feels needs them.
In winter this changes completely as he holds everything close to the chest using as little as he can storing everything.
Spring is a time of travel he has difficulty staying in any one place for more than a week.
Summer pushes his normal tendencies for destruction and increases this greatly. He works to increase his strength and battle tactics.
Reason for coming to Skyfall:

Last edited by delpinator; 08-20-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:06 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 660
theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster
Please check Raeomour...app I think is done.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:22 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1941
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Wow; a lot of interest very quickly!

I’ll look over your questions tonight and try to get back to you sometime tomorrow.

Last edited by Touketsu; 08-20-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:52 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1941
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Added a table to the second post with application statuses. If you feel I've mislabeled you, let me know. Gonna try to get around to adding a Q&A section tomorrow evening.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:59 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
tooth
Name: Tooth
Race: Halfling
Class: Rogue

Background: Raised by loving parents who were far too “straight and narrow” for my taste. As a girl I couldn’t get away with half the things my brother did, and it infuriated me. Frequently in trouble with shop owners and the local sheriff, I know I was an embarrassment to my parents so I left as soon as I could. That said, I know I would be welcomed home should I ever decide to return.

Alignment: Lawful evil

Age: 97, experienced enough to know better, young enough to do it again anyway

Appearance: At 3’3” tall, I’ve always hovered above my halfling peer. But that extra height has come in handy when needed to reach a high lock or window. Dark hair often worn tied up.

Traits: I have an odd habit of cutting a small swatch of my hair with one of my daggers, and leaving it behind while on a job. Colleagues have asked if I want to get caught and I assure them that is not the case, but I love to flaunt my skills to the authorities.

Bonds: My older brother Thamdur disappeared 2 years ago while traveling. He taught me everything I know about how to use daggers and thieves’ tools, even though my parents did not approve of the training. We were so close, and I miss him more than I can say.

Ideals: Once you’ve become a true friend, my devotion is unfailing. It is NOT easy to become my true friend

Flaw: I sometimes make judgments too quickly, and usually act on them.

Personality: Quiet, observant, introspective. Leaning toward mild introversion

Reason for coming to Skyfall: Like iron filings to a magnet. Being raised a two-week walk from Skyfall, I had visited once with my parents many years ago. The smell of opportunity in this place never left me and I knew someday I would be back to make a name with my silent blades.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7330
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Application
right-aligned image
Name: A sailor in Skyfall dubbed her "The Driftwood Priestess", and the nickname stuck.Masi Colam
Race: Human (Variant), approximately 22 years old.
Class: Cleric (Tempest, priestess of Umberlee)
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Background: Smuggler (reflavored sailor)

Appearance: The Driftwood Priestess is tall, nearly six feet in height, and raven-haired. Dark, flashing eyes peer out from beneath relatively unkempt black hair, often piled carelessly under an arming cap or helmet. Her skin is deeply tanned from years at sea, and her hands and feet are weathered and callused. She prefers simple working clothes of stout linen or leather when not wearing armor, and most of her clothes are either salt-stained and faded, or deeply and permanently creased from long storage in an overstuffed trunk.

Personality: Masi Colam is a sincere, straightforward young woman. She is terrible at dissembling, and would rather snuggle a live octopus than tell a deliberate lie. Brave and adventurous, Masi has risked her life again and again, both on and off the sea. Few things make her feel more alive than climbing up onto the rigging in the middle of a raging storm, but if anything thrills her more, it's the prospect of striking it rich. She is a loyal friend and shipmate, and truly devoted to trying to convince people to cultivate whatever exists of Umberlee's good graces.

Reason for coming to Skyfall: Shipwreck! Masi washed up on this foreign shore, having floated on a spar for untold miles after her ship was driven onto submerged rocks and broken in two by a storm of unfathomable ferocity. Among those who worship the Queen of the Depths, this is clear evidence of Her favor. On the other hand, landing on the shores of Skyfall, all but naked and dying of exposure, is hard to see as a mark of anyone's benevolence.

Deprived of her ship, weapons, armor, and clothes, Masi was left to her own devices. Initially, she spent much of her time evangelizing. For one such as she, that meant roaming the docks, imploring captains and crew to reverence Umberlee and sacrifice to her, in the hopes of avoiding her whims and wrath. Alas, itinerant preaching is seldom popular or lucrative. Fortunately, Masi is an experienced smuggler - a skill well-suited to life in Skyfall. She soon fell in with a guild, The Twelve, and became part of the multitude scrabbling for life and a place in the chaotic environs of the great port city.

Last edited by Berith; 08-27-2019 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:30 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 134
VaultDweller VaultDweller
Posting for interest. I'll try to have an application up by the weekend!
Old 08-21-2019, 12:37 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 637
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Application completed, I love morally dubious adventures!
Old 08-21-2019, 12:52 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 785
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Leofric

Race: Variant Human(human/ettercap)

Class/sub: Monk

Alignment: NG

Background: Urban Bounty Hunter

Role in party: Mouth, Morale, and front line support

Backstory:

Appearance: Usually dressed in his blue, red, and black spider themed robes to hide his more....unpleasant features.

Personality: Light heart-ted and a bit immature upon first meetings, but determined and straight laced underneath.

Feats:Alert and Athlete

Trait: I would rather make a new friend than a new enemy

Bond: I protect those who can not protect themselves

Ideal: People. I’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and
everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I
care.

Flaw: I have a “tell” that reveals when I'm lying.

Reason for coming to Skyfall: The last know were abouts of the murderer given to Leofric put him somewhere in the city of Skyfall. Money had become tight and normal jobs don't suit someone who constantly wears a mask very well, so he has stopped in the city looking for less than reputable work.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3655
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Is it possible to switch guilds? Are the other 11 guilds defined at this time?

What is your opinion on the artificer class from UA?

How likely is the campaign to remain within this city?

Last edited by anamiac; 08-22-2019 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:45 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Rhadiel
Will you allow Artifier (UA)? It'll become official in November.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:51 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 73
VoskaVixen
Placeholder.

This looks like an awesome campaign! c: