RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-21-2019, 08:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3938
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touketsu View Post
Details
  • Allowed Sources: other UA content will be on a case-by-case basis
Would you allow the Oath of Treachery?
Wouldn't actually be taken until level 3, but it'd be good to know where I was headed.

Last edited by hafrogman; 08-23-2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:19 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4908
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I'm interested in the game, but I got two game applications pending for decision this Friday. So I will wait to see if I get into any of those before making an application.

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterPosting Status: Normal
Old 08-22-2019, 03:40 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1859
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Okay, ‘dicetomeetyou’, that char app alone is tempting me to apply, just to get a chance to play in a game together with Dick the Tiefling!

Of course, Touketsu’s game concept itself for this game is pretty awesome, and I know him as a great role player from playing together in a few other games so I’m sure he’ll make a great DM.

I’m afraid I’m simply too full with other games to take this on with commitment, but those two reasons above are very tempting!
Old 08-22-2019, 04:24 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
theenglishslug theenglishslug
Cam Pennyvain
right-aligned image
Name: Cam Pennyvain
Race: V. Human
Class: Monk
Background: Gladiator
Alignment: N

Appearance: Cam is of average height with a wiry frame. He has short brown hair and a brown beard and moustache. His nose is large and crooked, a mark of a few too many hits to the face. He keeps his hands wrapped, a symbol of his willingness to fight at a moment’s notice.

Personality: Cam can be summarised by the phrase “You should see the other guy”. A bruiser his whole life, Cam is always ready and sometimes too eager to prover his boxing prowess. He is quick to jump into a fight and cocky in his ability to hold his own.

Reason for coming to Skyfall: Abandoned on its steps as a baby, Cam was formally trained at the Monastery of the Fist of the Viper. Despite being raised there, it was clear Cam never fit in with the other initiates. He was always too quick to violence and too excited to spar. He was banished from the monastery for using his own fashioned knuckledusters to gain an unfair advantage in a fight, leaving his opponent in a vegetative state.
Cam realized that he was too big for the small minds of the Monastery and took his fighting abilities on the road. Cam booked low-level fights where he could and using his training to quickly rise in the ranks of underground boxing circuits. At the same time, he began a side career as hired muscle, running security and acting a personal bodyguard for high profile criminals.
As luck would have it, Cam heard the word the boxing circuit in Skyfall was taking off around the same time that he heard of a guild in Skyfall in need of some hired muscle. What better way to establish his career as a world-famous boxer than to build his reputation in a new city both legitimately and off the books.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:42 AM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4446
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Weekly posting rate?
Why, this almost seems doable!
I'll be working on a bright-eyed young gnome, freshly kicked out of cleric school

Character Application
right-aligned image
Name: Da'av Fra
Race: Rock gnome
Class: Cleric of the Forge
Background: Acolyte
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Appearance: Da'av is short and wide-eyed, his young face covered in freckles and his unruly blond hair always singed at the ends. He prefers soft and airy clothes, at least when not wearing his heavy armor, which for the forge cleric isn't often. Despite his soft voice and gentle demeanor, his figure is often mistaken for that of a dwarven warrior because of the bulk of the steel over his shoulders and the heft of the mace and shield in his hands.

Traits: I idolize a particular hero of my faith, and constantly refer to that person's deeds and example. I misquote sacred texts and proverbs in almost every situation.
Bonds: One day I will return to my temple as a master of the crafts. All I do is in service of earning my place back inside the forge.
Ideals: Eternity - Through our creations, we are immortalized, living forever in the hearts and minds of all who gaze at our work.
Flaw: My obsession with the heroic figures of my faith has only brought ruin and shame to myself and the church, yet I wont relent. There is no price too great, and no pious priestess capable of stopping my pursuit of glory and perfection.

Personality: Da'av is bright, easily excitable, and tragically foolish. He's allowed his passion for the great works of the ancients to cloud his vision and twist his morality as he feverishly tinkers and designs his next project, over, and over agan.

Reason for coming to Skyfall:

The sound of steel hitting steel. The heat of the forge as the fires roared louder and louder still. The sweat pouring over his face as he finished the last embellishing details on the shield that had taken the last six months of his life to complete. And then, suddenly, the freezing cold air of the port rustling his hair as his dream faded away. This wasn't the temple after all, but the massive sprawl of the Skyport.

Those heated arguments, the acusations of lunacy and even heresy, the blueprints for his improved version of the ancient hero's mythril plate. All those memories seeped back within the cracks of his tired mind as the reality of his surroundings rushed to his senses once more, just as the city awakened with the sounds of the workers and the yells of the quarter masters.

Had it been 3 or 4 weeks now? He'd lost track of time after reaching the crowded docks. His simple mind could not have ever imagined the scope of this place, nor the impossibility of his task. Every coin he'd brought with him, every trinket he'd crafted in order to sell, all the materials he'd eagerly purchased in a rush of excitement in those first days, they were all gone, taken from him as he carelessly slumbered under a lonely bridge.

His stomach rumbled, but he paid it no mind. Money was better spent in oils to keep his armor in proper condition, and besides, he'd eat soon enough. All that was needed was to complete one more job and then his newfound friends would pay him. He'd get some food, right after buying the tools he needed to improve the design of his mace. Of course they would pay, he had no doubt, they had promised after all. Thinking of this, Da'av's heart jumped inside his chest, eager to start tinkering again.

Bashing in stranger's knees and getting them to pay wasn't his ideal job, but the young cleric was starting to get good at it, and his friends couldn't help but to notice.

Last edited by Jim Faindel; 08-26-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:05 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 557
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Alric Crow
Name: Alric Crow
Race: Human Variant (Extra Feat: Crossbow Expert)
Class: UA Revised Ranger
Background: Urban Bounty Hunter
Alignment: CN
Appearance: His nondescript gray cloak covers a set of leather armor with various buckets and seams. A rapier hangs on his left hip while a hand crossbow hangs from his right. A brooch of a circle with a crow clutching a sword holds his cloak in place. His dark brown hair is long and tied back in a ponytail with a leather string. A five o’clock shadow is ever present on his face and a smirk like he knows something that you don’t. Most of the time it’s just a ruse to put people on edge or annoy them whichever comes first. Most would describe him as looking like your average Joe. Which is precisely the point. It’s hard to blend into a crowd when you look like some bad a** bristling with weapons and face tattoos. When he’s on the job, the hood comes up which resembles the eyes and scalp of a crow and the scarf is pulled up which resembles a beak. Crows are the harbingers of death, and so is he.
Traits/Bonds/Ideals/Flaw:
Traits: 1) I am always calm no matter the situation. 2) I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won’t save you from a hungry owlbear.
Bonds: I have to pay off my father’s gambling debts otherwise my family will suffer.
Ideals: I’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care.
Flaws: Gambling and throwing the dice leads him to lose as much money as he gains. Like father like son.
Personality: Alric is calm and laid back. Life is tough, but stressing about it only dulls the senses and leads one to rash decisions. Even when he’s on the job, he hums a low tune to himself like he was skipping on his way to get bread and milk for grandma. Some of his victims find it off putting as they hear their doom long before they see it. He can seem to be so pragmatic in his approach to situations that others find it crude because you don’t have to worry about a prisoner running away if your break his legs.
Reason for coming to Skyfall: His father racked up a huge gambling debt in a local gambling den back in his home town. The man is locked up for life until the debt plus interest is paid in full. Alric took up the mantle of Crow that his father forsook years ago and came to Skyfall to be a bounty hunter and sell sword for any guild that would hire him. His family history was that of accomplished bounty hunters and adventurers that had accumulated a large amount of wealth that his father squandered. Now he has to rebuild the family honor and coffers from scratch.

The Twelve offered to take him in at the lowest level. He respected their reputation and recognized their influence. Sure he had to start off at the bottom doing the crummy jobs, but hey you gotta start somewhere right? He knew he would have to coordinate with a group of guild members eventually and paid attention to what role he would play in the group dynamics. Leader was never his fortes, but he was always good support.

Last edited by Hiruma Kohaku; 08-22-2019 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 08-23-2019, 02:57 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1922
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Hey guys; thanks for being patient with me. Crazy couple of days .

I’ve answered a few PMs, and I’m going to put together a Q&A section under the applications list that hopefully satisfactorily answers some of the questions you’ve asked in the thread. For people who’ve asked about the other Guilds, or who are just interested in learning a little more, I’ve begun to put together an information thread in the game thread. The link is in the main thread post, but you can also find it here.

There’s a section about the different guilds under the “Structure of Power” thread. For anyone who reads through it and is curious about what the hell “the night of the fires” is, I’d recommend checking out “Skyfall Historia” as well.

Last edited by Touketsu; 08-23-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 442
Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager
Spion Complete
right-aligned image

Name: Easton Spion
Race: Warforged (Envoy)
Class: Warlock
Background: Spy
Alignment: Unaligned
Appearance: A well-crafted metal humanoid, dressed in nicely tailored clothes with softly glowing eyes. They wear high leather boots, a white shirt and a thick doublet, tucked into boots and belt are a number of daggers. The belt itself is quite a sight, a broad red sash tied about with a leather strap from which hang several pouches beside the blades.

Spion is covered in intricate gold etching on their silver skin, marking signs and sigils, as well as facial features. What these signs mean is a mystery, but they look magical in nature. The odd mix of a metallic, crafted being and the wearing of human clothes can be off-putting to some, but Spion moves in a natural, human way that undercuts the strangeness that is seen at first glance.
Traits/Bonds/Ideals/Flaw:
(Note: I think these are likely to change as the campaign progresses if that is OK. Spion is at a very early stage of their mental and emotional development .)
Traits: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
Bonds: My past was taken from me, and I aim to steal it back.
Ideals: Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them.
Flaws: I can't remember who, or why I am.

Personality: Spion is very affable, easy to talk to and welcoming in their manner. Whilst facial expressions are somewhat limited for the automaton they talk animatedly with their hands and have a pleasing lilt to their voice. Spion's physique and clothing are also close to those of a living humanoid, yet not so close as to appear to be a disguise, which they use to their advantage, making jokes at their own expense. Spion is the first to admit that they are not entirely sure why they were created but presses the point that it doesn't matter. They are who they are and why that is is a mystery. Spion is often quick to point out that this is the same as for anyone else.

Secretly Spion really wants to know their past and their purpose, but sees short term goals of survival, power and wealth as more important. Whilst their carefree attitude might be, to some extent, affected; if pressed on that point, Spion would again point out that surely that is true of most people and that they aren't really that different, although made of different stuff in a literal sense. Spion has a tendency to spend time when their associates are sleeping in contemplation, thinking about the world and their place in it. Without the need for the rest of the other races, or food or drink for that matter, Spion has the luxury of living just to live and takes advantage of that to the full.

Reason for coming to Skyfall: Spion was crafted by, well, they can't remember, nor can they remember why. The first thing they remember, dimly, is waking up (if you can call it that) in a side street. They had a number of small pouches containing metal disks (which they later discovered to be called coins) and a single gemstone. The next little while after that is fuzzy and their next memory is of sitting int he dark, becoming aware of their own being, properly, for the first time. When this happened Spion began poking around (mentally) inside their own body, checking the inner workings. After some investigation, they found a kind of power source that let them move. A prod or two on that however and the blackness returned.

Spion awoke for the third and last time in a nice looking room, with a crackling fire burning, they had the distinct sense that someone had just left. The bed in the room was useless to Spion, as they felt no need to sleep, but the wardrobe with the nicely tailored clothes piqued their interest. Walking over and opening the oak doors Spion found the outfit they wear today, simply perfect for a creature which so feels themselves to be alive. On leaving their comfortable room and heading down some stairs Spion found themselves in an inn, with an innkeeper looking at them very oddly. Something inside them told them they could deal with this and, walking across the room they moved the gold on their face, just a tiny amount, to signal a smile. A few minutes later and the innkeeper was enjoying the automatons company, a little later Spion gave a friendly wave and left the establishment to find their way in the city.

Last edited by Drager; 08-27-2019 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:54 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4908
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Well I actually got into both games I was applying for so Good Luck, everyone.

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterPosting Status: Normal
Old 08-23-2019, 05:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 880
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touketsu View Post
Hey guys; thanks for being patient with me. Crazy couple of days .

I’ve answered a few PMs, and I’m going to put together a Q&A section under the applications list that hopefully satisfactorily answers some of the questions you’ve asked in the thread. For people who’ve asked about the other Guilds, or who are just interested in learning a little more, I’ve begun to put together an information thread in the game thread. The link is in the main thread post, but you can also find it here.

There’s a section about the different guilds under the “Structure of Power” thread. For anyone who reads through it and is curious about what the hell “the night of the fires” is, I’d recommend checking out “Skyfall Historia” as well.

No problem, we all know how life can be. Read all the histories on the guilds, the city, etc. Pretty cool!
Old 08-24-2019, 02:03 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3938
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman

Last edited by hafrogman; 09-03-2019 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-24-2019, 03:36 AM
Insert clever title here

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 504
TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots
Here is my odd little idea:

Character Application
right-aligned image

Ties Knots

Race: Goblin
Class: Ranger (Revised, Gloom Stalker)
Background: Outlander
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Appearance: This little creature with red eyes seems indifferent to the layer of grime that adorns it. The shadows themselves appear to cling to its outer edges, as if it were almost blanketed by the gloom.

Trait: I watch over people as if they were a litter of newborn pups.
Trait: I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk.
Ideal: Taking from those with more than they need helps those who don't.
Bond: I will bring terrible wrath upon anything that resides in the Lightless Depths.
Flaw: Someone I loved died because I wasn't able to protect them. That will never happen again.

Personality: Grumpy from Snow White with green skin and dirt all over. He earned his nickname from an odd habit. When he's nervous or bored, he ties knots in clothing, nearby ropes, or his matted hair if nothing else lies within arm's reach.

Reason for coming to Skyfall: Ties grew up in Skyfall. He was very young when the Night of the Fires came. His father told him to take his little sister and hide; but little Ties was too curious and a giant spider creature stole his sister away. His parents never returned, but he was found by a small group of thieves that were helping the poorer community where Ties lived. He watched as these common criminals did more for the city than the Watch or the Wardens did.

As he grew up, he idolized the thieves that saved him. As the city began to rebuild itself, Ties found he had a knack for getting around it; even when the layout changed so rapidly. As the guilds were formed and a semblance of order restored, Ties looked for a way to explore the Lightless Depths to make sure it didn't rise up to threaten the city again. And, if he were being honest, get some payback as well. Knowing that the Necromancers were uninterested in recruiting live soldiers, Ties threw his lot in with the thieves that rescued him.

Last edited by TiesKnots; 08-25-2019 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-24-2019, 01:04 PM
ArtistErrant

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9139
Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor
Regarding UA, how do you feel about the new Wild Soul barbarian or the Astral Self monk? Both of those looked pretty interesting, and if you're open to them I might throw something together for one. (If not, that's cool, I have other ideas, just gotta figure out what's the best fit here.)
Old 08-25-2019, 03:10 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1922
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Added aforementioned Q&A section under the applications table covering some of the general ones. If you’ve asked me anything, take a look. If I missed you, my apologies. PM me with your question, and I’ll circle back in the next day or two with my answer.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:47 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3303
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Willem
Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Class: Cleric of Tymora (Trickery)
Background: Criminal
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Appearance:
Unlike most halfling men who tend to be handsome in a youthful way, Willem has the unfortunate curse of having his features resemble that of a clenched fist. His pronounced brow protrudes over a pair of small, beady brown eyes and his nose is wide and flat. He has a large mouth and thin lips, and he is missing one of his front teeth. His stringy brown hair trails over his shoulders and his chin is pointed and slightly scruffy. He is half the size of a normal man and wide, although his limbs are thin and far from muscular. He wears a well maintained suit of leather armor with a wide thick belt, from which hangs several different styles of daggers. Around his neck hangs a simple pendant of some sort on a leather loop, which appears to be a coin with a smiling woman engraved on it.

Traits: Never tell me the odds, that just makes me want to try something more. A weak plan executed now is better than a perfect plan never executed - as I sometimes tend to forget the plan and just wing it.
Bonds: My true love married my best friend, and I feel betrayed by both of them.
Ideals: Freedom. Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them. (Chaotic)
Flaws: I often underestimate the intelligence of others and think that no one else can con like I can.

Personality:
Willem is a charismatic and sharp-witted fellow with a gift for gab and an innate empathy for others. He is a thrill seeker and loves to take risks, especially when others tend to doubt his abilities and his chance at achieving them. A master of improvisation, he tends to quickly figure out a loose plan for a situation and then go with it, preferring to solve issues on the fly rather than wait. He sees no problem with being dishonest or less than forthcoming with authority figures, bullies, and other like minded individuals and those tend to be his favorite types of folks to scam. Willem is a bit overconfident in his abilities and often underestimates others, thinking he is smarter and more skilled than most. He enjoys the freedom of life and feels everyone should be allowed to live as they wish.

Reason for coming to Skyfall:
Willem thought he had it all when he was engaged to be married to his true love Yesalyn, but when she fled the night before their wedding and eloped with his best friend Quinster his whole life suddenly came crashing down. He left the next day without telling anyone, and set off to find a new place to make himself at home. He quickly fell in with a small group of wild but good hearted brigands who welcomed the priest of Tymora with open arms. He soon found himself enjoying life once again and was having the time of his life until the city watch started cracking down on them. As friend after friend was captured, either imprisoned in the palace dungeon or slain in the street while attempting to flee, Willem knew he was next. He quietly slipped out of town and caught the first wagon ride he could, which just so happened to be headed to Skyfall. There he quickly made contact with the local thieve's guild and was accepted into their fold. Now, he just needs to prove himself so he can get those coins in his pocket once again.

Last edited by Grouchy; 08-26-2019 at 09:18 PM.