RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-13-2019, 06:00 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1922
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Last week for applications!

It’s been a pretty long app window as far as games on here go, but I don’t regret it. I’ve seen some great characters from people, and I hope everyone is still here and interested! Hopefully I get a few more gems before the 20th (because apparently I’m a masochist who likes having to make hard decisions), but regardless, this is slated to be a pretty awesome game.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:47 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 521
Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo
Character Application
Name: Devin Miller
Race: human (variant: alert)
Class: rogue (inquisitive)
Background: urban bounty hunter
Alignment: lawful neutral
Appearance: his hair combed back and a cold stair share a very rigid part of him. Though his slouch as he sinks into every chair he sits in represents the bend in which his morals take to suit the inner rage underneath that he ignores.

Traits/Bonds/Ideals/Flaw:
Trait:I always stay calm no matter the situation, I always plan the need to kill if needs arise. No matter what I try, my emotions do control me.
Bonds: I’m bound by contract no matter who’s cost.
Ideals criminals are disgusting but sometimes you need a rat as bait. It’s good to have people in your pocket.
Flaw his anger only grows as he tries to control it. He will do what he thinks is good whether his is behind that answer is beyond him. He refuses to look into his own reflection.
Personality: anger fuels him no matter how much he refuses to admit. He’s a bounty hunter and detective, his main profession as a detective is offset by the need for a hunter, A contract is a contract after all. He sees himself in others and hates those part so of himself he’s channeled in the “right Way”, he will cling to those that present the traits he likes of himself, which isn’t many.
Reason for coming to Skyfall: he was given a contract to find someone who had murdered in husband previous town, he’d always lived in a shack spending most of his coin on supplies for his next job so moving wasn’t an issue on short notice. Perhaps he should up his rates.. in any case the thieves guild will provide many ways of information.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Desteplo; 09-15-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1568
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Cecilia Iskur
right-aligned image

Name: Cecilia Iskur

Race: Aasimar (Volo's Guide to Monsters Pg. 104 - 105)
Sub-Race: Fallen (Volo's Guide to Monsters Pg. 105)

Class: Druid (PHB Pg. 64 - 69)

Background: Urban Bounty Hunter (SCAG Pg. 153)

Alignment: Neutral

Appearance: Often underestimated because of her childish appearance, Cecilia Iskur prefers to outwit her opponents. Her red hair is unkempt and wild, falling to the small of her back. Her eyes are grey, almost silver, and are often the first thing that people notice about her. While she could be seen as beautiful, she prefers to go unnoticed as this aids her line of work better. Standing out in a crowd is not advantageous when tailing someone. Her short stature (5 feet - 4 inches tall) and slim frame make her easy to disappear when necessary. She prefers to go barefoot most of the time, but carries a pair of worn leather boots in her backpack just in case there is terrain that would prove difficult to cross otherwise.

Personality Trait: "The best way to get me to do something is to tell me that I can't do it." - Often underestimated, Cecilia is determined to prove that there is nothing she can't do.
Bond: "Someone important was taken from me..."
Ideals: "I'm loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the River Styx for all I care." - Cecilia doesn't have many people that she considers to actually be 'friends'. She has several that she considers acquaintances and contacts, but she distinguishes them as more business, rather than personal, relationships. However, should someone earn the moniker of 'friend' from her, there is nothing she wouldn't do to uphold that bond.
Flaw: "An innocent person that I loved was sent to prison and executed... The thought of their suffering haunts me to this day."

Personality Style: Cecilia believes that there is no such thing as true good or true evil, perfect right or perfect wrong... Her world is viewed through a lens of shades of grey, thus making her line of work easier. She is hired by clients to track down and retrieve both people and objects. She doesn't see this as evil, nor does she see it as good. She sees it as... work. Outside of this particular worldview, Cecilia is often guarded in her personal life. She chooses to not get too close to people, nor does she allow people to get too close to her. Instead of taking a lover, she prefers to hire the services of the 'ladies of the night'. Instead of friends, she prefers to drink alone. She works in groups when jobs call for it, but avoids attachments whenever she can. "Attachments just mean you have something to lose."

Backstory/Reason for coming to Skyfall: "Dalen has fled to Skyfall." Her contact at the Bonespire Brothel remarked as she stood up from the bed and moved across the room to the closet. "He saw me only two moons ago and after..." She chuckled; "He begged me to join him there. As if I would really go with him!" Her chuckle turned into a laugh as Cecilia watched the candlelight reflect off her pale skin as she began to wrap herself in the white silk robe Cecilia had bought her.

"What's in Skyfall that he would be after?" Cecilia asked, reaching over to the nightstand and plucking a grape from the vine. She made sure that her 'companion' was watching before she rolled her tongue around the fruit before popping it into her mouth.

The companion flashed a devilish smile at Cecilia and gave a cute shiver before continuing; "He didn't say. Just that he had business there with one of the guilds or something." She sat in a chair and began brushing her hair in the mirror, every now and then giving a glance towards the naked form of Cecilia on her bedspread. "Why are you so interested in him anyways?" She stopped brushing her hair and was now looking directly at Cecilia in the mirror.

Cecilia's flirtatious demeanor dissolved as her mind wandered to thoughts of Hadley. She swallowed the rising hatred and rage, hiding her emotions behind a slight smirk. "Hey, I paid for the whole night and the sun ain't up yet sweetheart. Get your fine *** back in bed."

The next morning, at first light, Cecilia woke and gathered her things. She gave a last look to her companion before closing the door. In a way, she wasn't just closing the door to her companion's room, but rather to this entire chapter of her life. Cecilia had made contacts and connections in most of the inland towns and cities... She'd even managed to befriend a few of the roaming tribes, nomads, and gypsies, but the ports? She'd avoided them. Too many people that reminded her of... well... herself. To put it simply, she'd always regarded herself as a bit of a minor player... By travelling to Skyfall... It was time to go pro.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything or if you need anything else from me. This sounds like a very interesting game and I wish everyone luck with being chosen.

Last edited by Reliq0770; 09-24-2019 at 07:35 AM.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:26 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6224
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
I regret that I am bowing out of this game, You have alot of quality applications to choose from though so I wish you the best of luck, Touketsu!
Old 09-16-2019, 12:16 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthilian01 View Post
I regret that I am bowing out of this game, You have alot of quality applications to choose from though so I wish you the best of luck, Touketsu!
Damn! Well, I suppose I’ll have to settle for the numerous other games you and I seem to end up together, ha ha.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:05 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 803
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Got inspired and made a new character. A big part of why I originally withdrew was that I got lost in making an "interesting" character and ended up with something that I wasn't convinced that I wanted to play.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:18 AM
Party Associate

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5647
Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs
Name: Bluster
Race: Genasi (Air)
Class: Warlock of the Great Old One
Background: Seeker (loosely based around Sage/Cloistered Scholar)
Alignment: Neutral
Appearance:
Bluish-grey of skin and of hair, Bluster is not among those genasi who can blend in with humans - not that he would care to. In addition to his natural appearance, he has a bold, geometric tattoo that runs along his chest and neck, just peeking above the collar of his slightly ostentatious leather jerkin. He has the musculature of a weapon-fighter for certain, despite never having wielded any, and carries an assortment of magic items, probably to lend credence to any claims he would make in the middle of a bargain or, perhaps, interrogation.

Traits/Bonds/Ideals/Flaw:
Traits: Nobody knows this, but I've read every book in the library of the Vons Arcanum.
Traits: It's amazing what you don't have to do yourself if you're patient enough.
Bond: I will do whatever it takes to prove my worth to my patron.
Ideal: Perseverance. There's no shame in using every tool at your disposal.
Flaw: If someone questions my ability, I am unable to back down from conflict.
Personality:
Beyond the usual dedication to his patron, Bluster has long sought a personal connection to the one granting him such power. Not a relationship, per se, but a notoriety among his followers, a position of some note in the unfathomable order, and a greater, more potent connection to the unknowable. Of course, this desire for knowledge was what drew Bluster into the arcane in the first place. Originally a gifted but unremarkable scribe of the Vons Arcanum, Bluster was consumed by the power of the words he was putting to paper. He began to find his role unsatisfying, as his work was, in truth, a service for someone else's use. But with the knowledge he was gaining, and his access to the Arcanum, Bluster effectively took up residence there, reading every volume over the course of more than a decade of work.

One day, he just left, taking his quest for knowledge elsewhere. And he learned - rather quickly - how to get information out of a person as easily as a book. And as his skills developed, he found access to a seedier side of town, and a knowledge that ran parallel with the tomes he so prized. The further Bluster went into this underworld, the more he felt a compulsion to offer his services to another in exchange for greater access to knowledge. Not another mortal, of course, but a being so wise that the quest could be endless, and so eager to know that Bluster's search could be reciprocal.

In the year that followed, Bluster would sometimes wonder whether this search was, in fact, a suggestion planted by his patron or an idea he had on his own. But in truth, he was glad for the pact either way, as it provided him abilities beyond his innate power. He suddenly had more skill at interrogation, trading information, and figuring out who had power and who didn't. He became a one-man emporium for selling secrets, and relished the fact that every investigation increased his patron's drive for omniscience.
Reason for coming to Skyfall:
As he sat in manacles in the cargo hold of some creaky sea vessel, Bluster took time to ruminate on the events of the last four days.

He had gotten his contract from Bliskrach, a lizardfolk crime magnate that Bluster was sure he could trust. After all, he knew every secret about Bliskrach, and was kind enough to tell him so. There was enough dirty business to get his whole family exiled, and Bliskrach wasn't likely to take that risk.

The marks were the best kind - high-class enough to think they're more important than they truly are, but not so high-class that there would be a stir if they had gone missing. It was an easy start, and his threats had hit home. The men spoke so eagerly that there wouldn't have been time to call the guards even if they had the presence of mind to do so.

The return of information to Bliskrach, then. Bluster was never caught, never seen, and he prided himself on that. But others were not so careful. No doubt Bliskrach was seen flipping through a coded sheet he wouldn't even be able to decipher properly. The rest of the story told itself, the genasi realized as he slumped down - or at least would have if the manacles weren't quite so tight. Caught with valuable information, he sold out Bluster, hoping he would be out of Vons before anyone had a chance to ask two questions. And, as usual, Bliskrach was right.

Bluster had luck, there was no questioning that, but this time it had simply run out on him...or had it? Access to a city most others dared not discuss promised all manner of arcane secrets. And at a time when he was committed to proving his worth to his patron this might have been a lucky break after all. True, what little he knew about Skyfall suggested a tough welcome and a tough life - especially compared to the easy living he had once made in the Arcanum - but Bluster held one truth above all others: change is always a blessing.

Last edited by Trequs; 09-18-2019 at 02:24 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:09 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1348
Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991
Life's been a little weird, but finally got my app completed.

Although I did notice the clairvoyance in the listings. Unless that was a subtle hint to hurry up.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 359
routzong routzong routzong routzong
Just realized I had the wrong monastic tradition for my application. Updated the app, sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:29 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron3991 View Post
Life's been a little weird, but finally got my app completed.

Although I did notice the clairvoyance in the listings. Unless that was a subtle hint to hurry up.
Might have just been a mistake on my part, ha ha. Oh well.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:25 AM
Party Associate

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5647
Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs
Bluster is set!
Old 09-18-2019, 04:18 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
Last two days for applications! I’ll accept anything submitted before 12:00 AM EST on the 21st.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1568
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Question, and forgive me if you have answered this one already but, can I use some of my background gold to buy a club for my character in addition to the weapon I'd already chosen for her?
Old 09-19-2019, 11:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 507
Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reliq0770 View Post
Question, and forgive me if you have answered this one already but, can I use some of my background gold to buy a club for my character in addition to the weapon I'd already chosen for her?
I think as a general rule, any additional gold provided by your background is free for you to do what you want with it. Only times I've ever seen that to not be the case are adventures where you start as a prisoner or otherwise divested of any material wealth.
Current Games: Broken Isles
Old 09-20-2019, 05:39 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
Pretty sure Houtoku is right, but regardless, I’m fine with you spending or allocating any starting wealth toward more items prior to the beginning of the game.

Also, last day folks! Have your applications in and complete before midnight (EST) tonight!