Characters Heroes and Heroines - Page 31 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > West Marches > For Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jan 6th, 2023, 06:29 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1055
Goblin Man Goblin Man Goblin Man Goblin Man Goblin Man Goblin Man Goblin Man Goblin Man
secretID notesApproved!
APPLICATION ready for review
-not 100% sure if I followed your rules for skill selection. Let me know.
-I didn't select an offensive cantrip because I plan to multiclass to wizard for the second level

Gerbo Snorrblader (Knowledge Cleric - Level 1)
right-aligned image

Name: Gerbo Snorrblader
Race: Forest Gnome (PHB)
Class: Knowledge Cleric
Background: customized Guild Artisan (Shoemaker)

Personality Traits:
-I'm a snob who looks down on those who can't appreciate my art.
-I'm rude to people who lack my commitment to hard work.
-I'm always taken aback when people haven't heard of me.
Bond
-I have to find rare magic and craft it into fine art, while trusting in Rill Cleverthrush's guidance
Ideal
- I work hard to be the best there is at my craft.
Flaws
-I'll do anything to get my hands on something rare or priceless.
-I'm a grumpy man

Artwork by Gary Laib, titled Abraham-The Caretaker, found here

Backstory:
Master Gerbo Snorrblader moves with a firm tread through the spacious premises of his shop, Gerbo's Finest Shoes. Satisfied with himself and his decision. Everything is settled. Time to go.

His journeymen and apprentices left hours ago. Only Gerbo went back to the shop after spending dinner time with his wife and his seven fully grown kids. Monday is family dinner. As always he patiently endured the weekly routine at home. Nodding to the meaningless chatter, maybe adding a grumpy and prosaic comment, when necessary. But mainly watching them getting fatter and fatter every day. Then he completely lapses into silence with his gaze resting on the news paper, which again reports about the place that secretly occupies him for month already: Westhaven.

Now back to the shop, he quickly pays homage to Rill Cleverthrush before he enters the hidden room behind the well maintained shrine in the corner of the workshop. There he dons his old armor and collects his adventuring gear that he had prepared days in advance.

Over many years, his shop produced shoes for the king, the queen and their royal household. For all the men of the King's army, the whole city and the vast kingdom. Boots for adventurers and heroes, for giants and cats. Mundane or magic-bound, he could craft them all. But ... when was it the last time that he had the opportunity to apply his arcane knowledge for a really special pair of shoes?

Rill Cleverthrush's is calling. Gerbo clearly feels it. Unseen materials, gems and magic are waiting in the unexplored lands of the West Marches.

The note that he left for his family, reads "I had to travel. Important business. Don't wait. Gerbo. PS: More gold in the locker of my study room". Not that they will need it. But better this than leaving a heart shape or sweet words. Gerbo won't be back for the Monday dinner. Neither next week, nor next month... With a rarely seen smile on his face, the gnome exists the Western city gates.

Second Stats Roll

Characters sheet

OOC, Actions, Rolls
OOC:
Bla

STATS

Last edited by secretID; Jan 10th, 2023 at 09:19 AM. Reason: correcting things...
Old Jan 8th, 2023, 03:17 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1491
Flying Fox Flying Fox Flying Fox Flying Fox Flying Fox Flying Fox Flying Fox Flying Fox Flying Fox Flying Fox
secretID notesApproved!
Aliss Weatherwax
right-aligned image
Witchsona by andarisi on Tumblr
Name: Aliss Weatherwax
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Artificer
Background: Sage
Trait: I've spent so long in my cottage in the woods that I have little practical experience dealing with people in the outside world.
Trait: I was, in fact, raised by hags.
Ideal: Sincerity. There's no good in pretending to be something I'm not.
Bond: I had a family, but I have no idea if I still do. One day, I hope to see them again.
Flaw: I am suspicious of strangers and suspect the worst of them.

Backstory: Aliss never knew her family. She knew the hunched, enigmatic old woman who raised her as 'Granny', but then everyone called her that, and none of the many elderly 'aunties' who visited their little cottage in the woods were her relatives either. This never troubled Aliss: there was always plenty to do, in the kitchen or the garden or thick thorn-filled forest all around. She was free to wander, work, and learn without fear, for Granny taught her well what dangers to avoid around the house and enslaved a powerful spirit to keep watch over Aliss when she was abroad (allegedly). The girl picked up a few tricks from her aunties, too.

Eventually, of course, a mob of enraged villagers arrived to burn their cottage down, and Aliss knew – for Granny had long prepared her for this day – that it was time to leave the nest. Lacking any better ideas, she followed the cryptic advice of the old letter she'd been swaddled with... and headed West...

Link To Character Sheet
Link To Rolled Stats

Last edited by secretID; Jan 10th, 2023 at 03:22 PM.
Old Jan 23rd, 2023, 02:32 AM
E X • N O X • L U X

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21011
ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex
secretID notesApproved!
EO's 3rd PC
right-aligned image
666-BAD GIRL by Leonidas Sun
Name: Clethrid Wheatgrave
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Warlock
Background: Archaeologist
Trait: I like taking notes and sketches of stuff I encounter in my travels, and have zero sense of urgency.
Trait: I don't like being the center of attention, and don't like hearing the sound of my own voice.
Ideal: Resilience. Whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger, and even death may die…
Bond: I have endless wrath stored up for those who would harm the innocent.
Flaw: At the end of the day, the only person I can trust isn't even myself.

Backstory: The untimely and inexplicable disappearance of Clarice Wheatgrave was the final stroke that cemented her shy, soft-spoken twin sister Clethrid's role as village outcast. They didn't have parents, so that was already strange enough; now this?

It didn't take long for Clethrid's neighbors to blame her for any ill luck in the small town. A meager catch. Stillborn livestock. More missing youths. So the townsfolk decided one night to appease their false gods by pushing the poor girl down a cliff to fall into the cold, cold sea.

Two days later, not only did Clethrid survive this traumatic event, she also found that she had strange new… abilities.

Leaving her old life and a burning village behind, Clethrid sought a fresh start at life West, in the Marches.

Link To Character Sheet
Rolled Stats: 10, 7, 14, 16, 9, 15
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_rayl1.png
Views:	11
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	99260   Click image for larger version

Name:	happy.png
Views:	4
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	99263   Click image for larger version

Name:	fight.png
Views:	4
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	99264   Click image for larger version

Name:	red.png
Views:	6
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	99267   Click image for larger version

Name:	mad.png
Views:	3
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	99268  

Last edited by ElderOblex; Apr 13th, 2023 at 10:11 PM.
Old Feb 3rd, 2023, 09:08 PM
ONE EYE WATCHES ALL

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 683
Gravity Gravity Gravity Gravity Gravity Gravity
secretID notesPMed about two minor issues to be fixed. Approved!
Flea Bhagg, The Facetious
right-aligned image

Race: Custom Lineage (Gnoll)
Class: Cleric
Background: Sage+Archeologist
Description: If Gnagg Nar was a picture of an undead gnoll reformed from his savage ways, Flea Bhagg seemed to be quite different. While he didn't just simply try to eat the next human he came across, there was still savagery underneath his mischievous grinning maw. If anything, his jovial easy-going demeanor and loquacious vocabularizing was just as off-putting as a good-natured gnoll. Gnolls gonna gnoll.

Backstory: When Gnagg Nar suddenly left the tribe, there was a heated call for hunting the renegade and executing his immediate kin on the spot. Flea Bhagg was among those who called for this, though he himself was technically a cousin (on the 3rd mother's side). One fateful night however the feral gnoll was visited by the Lord of Hounds in a dream, and one could say that his eyes were opened to the Light.

Weeks later, Flea Bhagg himself left his tribe in search of esoteric knowledge. Before he found scrolls and magic to be filthy implements of the soft-skin races. Now he found them fun and interesting. After raiding an abandoned wizard's hut and finding a collection of tomes, writings, and implements, Flea Bhagg was hooked.

Eventually the self-taught spellcaster made his way to this exciting place called Westhaven where he could pursue even more learning!

Rolls
Sheet

Last edited by secretID; Feb 4th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.
Old Feb 6th, 2023, 03:59 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6172
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
secretID notesApproved! PMed about two minor things.
Application StatusAfter fixing his stat order and adding his character sheet, I believe Ket is complete.

KetName: Ket
right-aligned image

Class: Rogue
Race: VGMGoblin
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Stat Rolls
STRDEXCONINTWISCHA
-2+3+0+2-1+2

Description: At 4' tall and 42 pounds, Ket is fairly small by conventional standards. However, amongst smaller races, he's actually rather tall (and that's the part that he likes to focus on). Ket's apparel typically consists of dark leather and a dark brown cloth robe with a hood to help hide his features.

Background: Highway Robber (Pirate Variant)
You spent your youth under the sway of bandits, ruthless cutthroats who taught you how to survive in a world of beasts and savages. You've indulged in larceny on many trade routes and sent more than one deserving soul to an early grave. Fear and bloodshed are no strangers to you, and you've garnered a somewhat unsavory reputation in many a small town.

Personality Trait: I don’t pay attention to the risks, never tell me the odds.
Flaw: If there’s a plan ill forget it. If I don’t forget it, I will ignore it.
Ideal: Greed I am only in it for money and fame. (Neutral)
Bond: I was cheated out of my fair share of the profits, and I want to get my due.

Backstory:
Ket was born into and raised by the Red Claw tribe. They were a prominent goblinoid tribe that had built a bit of a reputation for ransacking caravans along the roads of the Moonsea. Despite the vast riches that they had taken over several years of hard (and often dangerous) work, they had little to show for it. The majority of their loot was slated for their warlord, Hashrad (a hobgoblin marshal), and his lieutenants. The scraps that his small tribe was allowed to keep were mostly distributed among the strongest warriors with the occasional silver coins thrown around to the rest in order to keep them hungry but not starving.

Never knowing any different, Ket had no qualms with his lot in life. Instead of being resentful, he simply learned to become more ambitious. He wanted to prove that he was capable of becoming the fiercest warrior among them. He didn't just want to be the strongest among his clan, he wanted to be recognized as one of the greatest in the entire Red Claw tribe. He knew that, as a goblin, he could never hold a high-level position within the tribe. However, there was the possibility of being selected as one of the warlord's personal guards. A title like that would mean fame, riches, and cozy living until he died or they found someone better.

His last assignment with his clan started off in the same routine as so many before it. Orders came down from Hashrad to ransack a merchant caravan. The killing of guards was encouraged, as usual, but "the fancy-looking elf in his fancy-looking chariot" was not to be harmed. If he had to be kept in line, as minimal of injury as possible was to befall him. The rumor floating around camp was that the fancy-looking elf was some sort of jewelry merchant that did regular business in the area. He had been paying Hashrad the standard fee for "protection" but had apparently decided that his gold would be better spent on his own personal security. Apparently, their warlord wanted a clear message sent that this would simply not do. Everyone knew that this was Red Claw territory and such dissent was bad for business.

As their hunting party engaged the caravan, they were quickly overwhelmed. The merchant's private guards were far better equipped and better trained than the goblins. Ket watched in horror as his kinfolk were torn apart by large men in heavy armor, wielding magnificent longswords. He knew that he was going to die, just like the rest of them but he was at least going to go down fighting.

Rushing towards the men, with a sword in each hand, he followed Rhaenyra (a close friend of his and a fierce warrior) into the battle. Suddenly, Rhaenyra stopped dead in his tracks and turned to look back at his friend. The shaft of a heavy crossbow jutted from his chest. Instinctively, Ket embraced his friend and, almost simultaneously, was rewarded with his own bolt to the thigh. Together, they fell into the mud with Rhaenyra on top of the smaller warrior.

Waking up hours later, Ket shoved his dead friend off of himself and looked around at the carnage left behind. The only bodies left were his clansmen and a few horses. He was in bad shape and had lost a lot of blood but he was grateful to be alive. Looking around, he shook his head in disgust We were nothing but cannon fodder! After tying a strip of cloth around his thigh, he gathered up a few supplies and started limping down the supply road. "Forget this! I'm going independent!"

Last edited by secretID; Feb 12th, 2023 at 10:33 PM.
Old Feb 13th, 2023, 02:23 PM
Spes Temporis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2680
Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool
secretID notesApproved! PMed about minor things.

Application v1.0
Kalliópē (Bard - Level 1)
Name: Kalliópē
Race: Astral Elf (Spelljammer)
Class: Bard (PHB)

Description:

A beautiful female elf stands before you, her ethereal aura captivating and mesmerizing. With silvery-blue hair cascading down her back in waves and golden, almond-shaped eyes that shimmer like stars, she embodies grace and beauty. Her slender, lithe figure is adorned in flowing robes of celestial blue over what appears to be a dress of white silk, and a lyre hangs from a strap across her shoulder.

She wears soft leather boots, and a belt appears to have a few small pouches. A pair of claves (wooden percussion sticks) hang from a strap as well. She carries no visible weapons or additional bags.
Background: Astral Drifter (Spelljammer)
For longer than you can remember, you have traversed the Astral Sea. There, you experienced firsthand the wonders of the Silver Void: you stopped aging and no longer felt hunger or thirst. Driven by wanderlust, you drifted from one part of the Astral Sea to another, like a mote of dust on the wind. You have lost count of the decades that have passed since you arrived here. In your travels, you have camped on the petrified hulks of dead gods and narrowly escaped the psychic winds that sweep across the Astral Sea while also avoiding prolonged contact with the plane’s most dangerous denizens.
An exile from Xaryndar in Xaryxispace, Kalliópē has rejected the genocidal ways of the Xaryxian Empire and eschews their haughty traditions. She has spent most of her long life wandering the Astral Sea travelling the mists and learning her craft from those she meets.

Personality Trait 1: - I have a song, tune or ditty for every occasion.
Personality Trait 2: - Exquisitely alluring with a whimsical nonchalance.
Ideal: - To be good enough to be able to perform before Corellon.
Bond: - She owes a promise to Corellon.
Flaw: - She does not understand time.. a day is to an hour as a second is to a year. “Meet tomorrow” is therefore meaningless.
Backstory:

Kalliópē floated in the darkness.

It was a mistake to think they could have escaped. The captain of The Osprey had navigated the Shrike Spelljammer out of the mists of the Silver Void into an unknown Wildspace in a desperate attempt to escape, but The Horror had unerringly followed them.

Twenty-four hours had passed since then, and the ship’s wreckage was long lost in the darkness. The captain had applied the ABCD (Air Bubble Crisis Device) to her and cast her adrift, saving her life. As she floated away from the doomed Spelljammer, she watched as it was obliterated by the monstrous ship-sized entity. Her friends, crew, and possessions—everything was gone.

As time passed, she knew her air would eventually fade, and then the vacuum of this hostile Wildspace would kill her. In the emptiness, she began to sing, her voice a mournful tribute to the recently fallen and a celebration of what could have been. She sang to the Elven gods of old and the mysteries of the multiverse that she had not yet uncovered. As the air bubble failed and her breath started to labor, she continued to sing, offering her final performance to the stars themselves.

And in the darkness, something heard her, saw her, and listened closely. A star grew, a fragment of Corellon, to gaze upon the dying elf. Moved by the music, it asked what she would offer for her life. To which she offered all she had—the “Promise of a Song”—for she no longer had the breath to actually sing one.

Corellon cradled her in his hand, protecting her from the harsh vacuum, and infused her with his light. Reminding her of the promise, a tear in the darkness appeared, an opening that looked down onto the floor of an inn below.
RPGX Character Sheet Link
Stats Rolls: 11 13 15 15 12 17

/OOC
DnDBeyond Sheet
Sold most items (yes, even her armour).
I do not have any artwork atm, or hosting ability. Working on that.

Last edited by secretID; Feb 13th, 2023 at 06:41 PM.
Old Feb 16th, 2023, 06:28 PM
Wriggly Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4375
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
secretID notesApproved! PMed re small points.
Avaelyn needs approval
left-aligned image
http://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=85025

Background: Acolyte

Backstory:
Avaelyn was found as a toddler by a priest of Il-Mater. He'd been hiding amongst the bushes near a scene of senseless slaughter along the trade way just south of Daggersford. A small group of pilgrims (Avaelyn's parents presumably among them) had been set upon by a goblin raiding party and the young Aasimar had managed to hide himself while the others were overwhelmed. The Priest, Hodges by name, had taken Avaelyn back to his Temple secluded in the unnamed hills at the Northwestern tip of the Misty Forest, near the mouth of the Delimbryr River. It was a very remote place for a temple, but this one was dedicated to Il-Mater who's teachings were rather unpopular amongst city dwellers.

It was here that Avaelyn had begun being groomed as a paladin. The young Aasimar had taken immediately to the martial weapons training, especially the sword. He'd embraced, even more, the teachings of Il-Mater. That there should be a finite amount of suffering in the world was a pleasing concept to the young Aasimar. He soon determined that whatever suffering he couldn't take on himself, he would impart to the enemies of his god.

A strange thing happened though, as Avaelyn grew into adolescence. For one thing, his piety began to make most of the other priests feel threatened as their displays of abstinence and suffering were only that - displays. He sent Demetrius, a powerful Solar in his service, to Avaelyn to present him with an offer of power in view of all. Strangely, the Aasimar refused the gift on a temporary basis, telling Demetrius that he must spend more time in service, prayer, and contemplation before he felt worthy enough to accept (setting it up to dual-class into warlock). As an eternal being, the solar was happy enough to wait a few years to welcome such a worthy servant into his fold.

Hodges saved the Aasimar's life yet again, hustling him out of the temple just ahead of a plot by the church's hierarchy to execute him under false charges. Avaelyn hadn't understood their jealousy and fear of being exposed as hypocrites so far outweighed their dedication to the god they purportedly served. Luckily, Hodges had realized what was happening in time to get Avaelyn safely out of the temple.

Since then, Avaelyn has roamed the Sword Coast seeking to ease the suffering of the good and innocent. He has done this by taking on some of the suffering himself, but also by heaping it on the shoulders of the evil. He has had few companions in the past years, and those fleeting. The lifestyle Avaelyn insists upon for himself is not easily stomached by most. He's learned to make a few concessions in his judgement of others, realizing that not all pay homage to Il-Mater - yet greed and excessive comfort still sickens him.

Ability Rolls: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...61#post9021561

Last edited by secretID; Feb 16th, 2023 at 08:45 PM.
Old Feb 17th, 2023, 01:54 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15942
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
secretID notesApproved!
’Belated’ Bill Bramblebough
right-aligned image
Bill earned his nickname long before deciding to become a wizard on his 90th name day. It was his long before he was a widower, a grandfather, a farmer, a father, a husband, or even a man. It was not an ironic appellation, well-deserved in fact, and had always followed the tardy halfling. Bill might always be late if left to his own devices, but he always showed up, much to his credit; enough so that people overlooked his tardiness.

With his wife resting in Green Fields, and his children with families of their own, Bill made his fateful decision seemingly on a whim. While people certainly thought he might have gone a little off his rocker without his wife to keep him company, or perhaps been going through a midlife crisis, few doubted he could actually do it. Bill had always gotten away with being late by compensating for it with hard work, and smart work.

Having settled his affairs and said his goodbyes, Bill has come to the West Marches in search of his new life, filled with new challenges and new friends.

OOCAbility score rolls

Last edited by secretID; Feb 17th, 2023 at 10:40 AM.
Old Feb 17th, 2023, 08:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5157
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
OOCApproved!
Ignatius Ignatius
right-aligned image

Sheet
Rolls

Ignatius Ignatius, or Benedict-Ignatius-Goliath-Dragonslayer-Ignatius-Crimson-Koalhan to give it its full name, was created by a lonely gladiator in the pits of Bloodfall. The gladiator, who was new to the arena, was looking for someone to talk to and to chase away the grimness of a life of battle.
But the gnome whom the gladiator enlisted to carve the magic runes that give a warforged life may, have carved too deep when asked to make the mechanoid 'talkative'. As it sprang to life, it became quickly apparent that the Ignatius Ignatius had a mouth that could, and would, run nonstop.

“Hi there Carrot top! What’s your name?…Hey wait! What’s my name?”
“I’m Sir Brightspark II, or Brighty. And you my dear friend, well…what do you want to be called?”
“Oh jeez?! I don’t even have a name?! Well wrap me up and leave me on step of the church cos no-one is loving me! Ha Ha! I’m kidding! Call me Benedict-Ignatius-Goliath-Dragonslayer-Ignatius-Crimson-Koalhand!!”
“Good sir! You can’t be called that!”
“Why not?”
“Well it spells…It spells big…The first letter of each name spells...It spells a not very nice thing. It’s not proper!”
“Oh jeez. What’s up your butt? You been sitting on that glaive? Fine! call me Ignatius Ignatius. That was my favourite bit….Both times.”
Brighty was having second thoughts about his decision. Perhaps, it was better to be alone.
“Hey! Let’s go for a walk! You know, I’m only 3 minutes old. I’d like to live a little! Ha ha!”
“Right you are. Indeed. Let's be off then, Ignatius.”
“No. Say it properly.” The warforged crossed it’s arms in defiance.
“ Let's be off, Ignatius...Ignatius…” sighed Brighty.
“Thank you!” Huffed the diva warforged as it strutted off.

Needless to say, the gladiator soon grew tired of Ignatius Ignatius' company and it's somewhat grating personality. He was a very mild mannered chap, and champion of The Light in fact, but one day he snapped. Thus Ignatius Ignatius fled from Bloodfall in the dark of night to seek its fortune. Not being an actual gladiator or slave, it wasn't really necessary to sneak away, but Ignatius Ignatius saw it fitting...and its delightful dramaticness a vital requirement to the beginning of its new life.

Last edited by secretID; Feb 19th, 2023 at 05:59 AM.
Old Apr 17th, 2023, 06:40 PM
Literal Worm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13052
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Snappy the Bard

secretID notesApproved!
SnappyName: Jarvis "Snappy" Jones

Race: Tortle

Class: Bard

Personality: Easygoing and Outgoing, Snappy is a relaxed fellow who enjoys good company. He likes to be 'the entertainer' in a party, but shies away from a lead role, despite his love for attention. A giving, helpfull and friendly guy with a good heart and moral compass. A happy drifter- gets to meet interesting people, share stories ect.

Background: As an orphan, Snappy has always been different to people around him. He traveled with a circus when he was younger, but always wanted to prove himself to be more than just a sideshow. When he came of age, he escaped to make his own life on the road, but this tortle doesnt dwell on the past- his future is more important. positive attitude. He has traveled lot, performing and has absorbed some wisdom along the way. Hes been doing it for a long time and met all sorts of people.

Link to Character Sheet- Snappy

Link to Dice Roller with Stats- Link
Share your art!

Last edited by secretID; Apr 20th, 2023 at 11:36 AM.
Old May 18th, 2023, 06:37 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 244
Sturm Brightblade Sturm Brightblade Sturm Brightblade
secret ID's notesApproved!
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Pan Sullen
Race: Human
Class: Druid

Personality/Description (May be broken apart as desired. Want both parts): Pan, from the outside, seems like a talkative, optimistic, caring and friendly person. Always wanting to help, giving away or spending money on others, sharing whatever he has on him with anyone who needs it. If he sees a friend injured, he will heal them, if they are feeling down, he will change into a cuddly animal and attempt to make them feel better. When not talking to other, living beings, he can often be heard whispering and conversing with beings that aren't there. When he becomes too loud and catches the ears of his comrades, he will often try to change the subject, or tell them a lie about not having many friends when he was growing up and developed imaginary ones and just has a hard time breaking the habit.

On the inside though, he constantly has flashbacks to his past, something that he wishes that he could forget ever happened, in his sleep, if he hasn't taken anything to help him sleep, he will often have nightmares and will speak in his sleep, mentioning names, make animalistic sounds and cry. If someone is paying close attention to him, they will notice that he also is constantly looking at his surroundings, then, sometimes his eyes will get wide as if he does see something, then he will often quickly shake his head and go back to being some kind of normal.

Haunted One Background:
Harrowing Event:
My friends and family, as well as other random strangers were trapped on an island for a long time and had to commit terrible acts in order to survive.
Personality Traits:
I spend money freely and live life to the fullest, knowing that tomorrow I might die.
I don't talk about the thing that torments me. I'd rather not burden others with what I had to go through.
Ideals:
I try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost. (Good)
Bond:
A terrible guilt consumes me. I hope that I can find redemption through my actions.
Flaw:
I talk to spirits that no one can see.

Background:

Link to Character Sheet
Link to Dice Roller with Stats, with racial stats 14-STR 16-DEX 16-CON 13-INT 19-WIS 16-CHA

Last edited by secretID; May 31st, 2023 at 08:23 AM.
Old Jun 30th, 2023, 02:10 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 292
Viva Viva Viva
secretID's notesApproved!

Hey, all. Trying to get back into playing after a long break. Excited with the chance to interact with you all and get to know West Marches better.

Rhogar
right-aligned image
Race: Dragonborn
Class: Paladin
Background: Investigator
Backstory: Rhogar witnessed his family being murdered by thieves when he was young. He didn't do anything and, if he tried, he would likely have been murdered as well. But, regardless, he condemns himself for not being able to protect his loved ones and swore dedicating his life to battle the evil, hoping his soul would be forgiven. He was then raised in an orphanage and, when of age, learned the ways of a paladin, venerating Bahamut.
Personality: Rhogar is serious, loyal and, most of the times, stubborn. When working on a group, he takes care of his teammates as if they were his own family. He is not afraid of taking the lead when needed, especially when it involves bringing more justice to his people.

Character Sheet: : Roghar
Ability Rolls: Stats

Last edited by Viva; Jul 4th, 2023 at 09:29 PM.
Old Jul 7th, 2023, 10:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3989
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
secretID's notesApproved!
Hiccup
right-aligned image
Race: Kenku
Name: Hiccup
Class: Warlock
Background: Investigator
Backstory: Hiccup began his employment working along side the city guard. They found his ability to mimic everything perfectly very useful when it came to investigations. He gained a reputation throughout the city and would be called to sit in on important meetings or transactions, anyone who wanted to take advantage of his mimicry ability. This allowed him to learn a vast vocabulary.

While moving through the city, Hiccup came across an crippled urchin begging on the street. Feeling sorry for him, the kenku gave him his last copper piece. As the coin landed in the beggars hand, a light emanated from the coin. The light surrounded them revealing a celestial being. The being seeing the generosity of Hiccup granted the kenku with healing magic, in exchange, the being only asked that the warlock leave the city and travel helping all those he could.
Personality: Hiccup is a fun loving bird. Quick to jump at any opportunity to help anyone in need. He has been known to put himself into harms way to heal the injured. He is still learning about his new powers, but that does not stop him from trying his hardest.

Character sheet https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=93119
Ability scores: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...13#post9721613

Last edited by secretID; Jul 10th, 2023 at 11:39 AM.
Old Sep 5th, 2023, 11:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16969
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Kwakwaka Lynne
left-aligned image
right-aligned image

Race: Human (variant)
Class: Druid (Moon)
Personality: Sincere, thoughtful; reserved and sensible, but with a burning passion just under the surface
Description: Tall and muscular, late twenties, just a little unkempt. Wears very plain clothing. A bit handsome, but doesn't turn heads. Speaks in a calm and soothing voice.
Background: Emerald Enclave member. John Lynne, the son of a sage and a wizard, was always expected to enter the family field. In fact, he was headed well in that direction when he met Angeline, a confident and dedicated environmentalist. She converted, convinced, and/or charmed him, and within months John was a member of the Emerald Enclave and all but disowned by his parents. Since then, John - now "Kwakwaka" - has become a more dedicated Enclave member, and follower of the nature gods, than Angeline and many others, such that these causes are now his first loves. But Angeline hasn't gone anywhere...

Sheet
Rolls

Note: Kwakwaka is taking over from retired Geghard Van, inheriting 25% of his total wealth and starting at 2L.
Dice 2L hit points:
1d8 7

Last edited by secretID; Dec 4th, 2023 at 09:37 AM.
Old Sep 5th, 2023, 03:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16969
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Gottfried Gull
left-aligned image

Race: Hexblood (former aarokocra)
Class: Fighter

Personality: Completely obnoxious. Almost no regard for morays, manners, and the minor discomforts of others. Regularly disrespects personal space and tramples on sensitivities. Swears a lot. Overshares.

He's not oblivious to his effect on others; to the contrary, he can be extremely perceptive, and even sensitive to moods. For whatever reason, he just won't - or can't - manage the minimum behavior to make himself bearable. Though difficult to tolerate, he's reliable, mostly trustworthy, and basically decent. He’s mercenary, but not predatory.

Description: Toucan-ish. 5'2", 100 lbs.Petite, by human standards, but keeps his chest forward and beak high. While his pigmentation could be beautiful, somehow he always just seems oily. Speaks in an extremely grating voice and tone that may be familiar to some.

Background: Urban Bounty Hunter. Desperate for a child, the Gulls, a previously respectable aarokocra couple, risked an expensive bargain with a medicine woman...who was in fact a hag. The Gulls received, instead of their dream chick, Gottfried, strange-looking, and not only cursed with his strange looks and sounds, but apparently doomed to offend and annoy. They tried their best to love their son, and to some measure succeeded, but that challenge was not the worst of their difficulties. The inevitable revelation of the Gulls' deal led to their banishment from the flock and their financial ruin.

Outside the flock, not even Gottfried knew the shame of his origin, but he was still a freak in the community of footed humanoids, a dirt-poor freak at that, and he still had his way with others. Gottfried could not even enjoy the bliss of ignorance; doubly cursed, he possessed an acute perception and a fine understanding of the many social cues he found it impossible to take himself.

Gottfried’s father was the first to succumb to the slow assault of poverty and social isolation. In a poignant twist, he left behind a fertilized egg, which would soon hatch into Gottfried’s brother. Not long after, their mother died as well, the stresses of widowhood, the incubation, and the feeding of her new chick too much to bear all at once. On her death bed, delirious, she told Gottfried from where he had come.

Gottfried, barely of age, now inherited all responsibility not only for himself but for his chick brother as well. Fortunately, he had at least one set of skills: the world had forced him to learn to fight, and to toughen up. What’s more, as he had matured he had discovered that a few magical blessings had snuck in with the hag’s curses. These various abilities held value in the West Marches, so Gottfried began to make his way with one of the few jobs that can be obtained with neither interviews nor sales: bounty hunter.

Sheet
Rolls

Note: Gottfried is taking over from retired Shield, inheriting 25% of his total wealth and starting at 2L.
Dice 2L HP roll:
1d10+2 (5)+2 Total = 7
- taking standard instead.

Last edited by secretID; Sep 8th, 2023 at 05:32 AM.