Game Thread Realm of the floating islands: A Strife in the Sky - Page 14 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > West Marches
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #196  
Old Feb 9th, 2023, 03:55 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 12450
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,205
right-aligned image

With Kazza's help Suluruk delt with the dead, but their physical bodies and their souls. With the dead laid to rest, Suluruk turned to the living. First, he called for a little divine inspiration for Prruptik who would interrogate the Goblin prisoner. Then the Half-Orc cleric settled in to patch his wounds as best he could.
Dice Suluruk recover HP:
1d8+4 (2)+4 Total = 6
(6)

ooc
Statblock
 
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting IRL Stuff - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old Feb 9th, 2023, 04:12 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 12450
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,205
IC
left-aligned image
Khat - Rouge Female Shifter (Swiftstride) | Darkvison: 60ft, PP 13, PI 11 | Status: Exhaution 1 (Disadvantage Ability checks) | Initiative: +5

The ruins appeared to be not only empty but stripped of furnishings. This led Khat to wonder, "What brought them here? The Captain's friends and the Orc airship that attacked them? The Dragon's treasure?" Khat shuddered; she had seen the burst of flames and heard the impact. However, the Swiftstride Shifter did not believe the dragon was dead. "It takes a lot to kill a Dragon. It is more like off licking its wounds than actually dead."

Khat turned her actions from idle speculation to more concrete matters. The Captain's sorrow stabbed into the normally taciturn Shifter, "The dead have family who mourns their loss. My family sold me to Mouser. Mouser had no one but me. I mourned his loss" A feral smile broke across her Cat-like face. "In the way he would approve, hunting and killing his killers." a small sigh, "Still, who would mourn my passing should I die on one of these adventurers?"

From the comments, it appeared that the Captain is looking for the two people - Thoran and Finkra - who are not among the dead.

From her time with Mouser, Khat was experienced interrogating - the subtle dance of promises and threats. In this case, it was a dance where Prrup-tik led. The two Airship crew also appeared to be playing the part of the stick. So, it up to Prrup-tik to play the part of the carrot. Normally, Khat took the lead or added a bit of pithy commentary. In this case, she didn't understand the language. Khat stood a step behind the Grung Ranger, backing him up with her presence.


 
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting IRL Stuff - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old Feb 12th, 2023, 11:21 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 14988
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,039
Prrup-tik, Grung Ranger (revised)Sheet|AC: 16|HP: 43/49|Status: Normal
Initiative ADV|Early attack ADV|2-Weapon Fighting|Piercer Feat|Poison piercing|+2 dmg v. humanoids|Poison touch|Poison immunity|Jumping and climbing|1/3 Spells|4/4 HD|4/4 Goodberries | 1/1 adventure luck
left-aligned image

“‘Frog gods?’” Prrup-tik repeats whistfully in Common. “Would’nt that be sthomethin!” The grung pauses a few moments to imagine what they might look like before remembering that his interlocuter awaits a response. “Oh," he says. "OK - deal! I mean…” Prrup-tik stands up straight and solemnly puts his hand over his heart. “I sthwear!” Prrup-tik looks to the side as he wonders what it might mean to swear upon something he had never heard of before.

Then he turns to Stormfall. “He’s gonna tell usth everythin’, but you can’t kill him after, OK? And not before, neither.” Prrup-tik narrows his eyes at the dwarf for a moment to communicate his seriousness before returning his attention to the goblin.

“OK,” he says. “Stho…did they take the prisoners?"

 

 

 

 

Prrup-tik AC 16| HP 43/49|PP 10|4/4 Goodberries|1/1 adventure luck|Exhaustion 1
Cujo AC 17|HP 17|PP 13 (18 for hearing and smell)

Last edited by secretID; Feb 12th, 2023 at 11:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old Feb 13th, 2023, 05:14 AM
FatherDondo's Avatar
FatherDondo FatherDondo is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 4032
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Posts: 3,856
left-aligned image
Valerius Codrin, Druid of the Moon
HP: 22/33 | AC 16 | PP: 15 | Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack: +5 | Rank: Your familiar with the airship, now. Even under stressul conditions. On the airship, once per combat, you can neglect a negative effects like headwind, airship movement or poor view.Sky Defender Third class | Status: Normal
HD 1/3d8 | Spell Slots: (1) 4/4, (2) 2/2 | Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest. Your druid level determines the beasts you can transform into, as shown in the Beast Shapes table. At 2nd level, for example, you can transform into any beast that has a challenge rating of 1/4 or lower that doesnít have a flying or swimming speed.

When you choose the circle of the moon at 2nd level, you gain the ability to use Wild Shape on your turn as a bonus action, rather than as an action. Additionally, while you are transformed by Wild Shape, you can use a bonus action to expend one spell slot to regain 1d8 hit points per level of the spell slot expended.
Combat Wild Shape 1/2 | The rites of your circle grant you the ability to transform into more dangerous animal forms. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Wild Shape to transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as 1 (you ignore the Max. CR column of the Beast Shapes table, but must abide by the other limitations there). Starting at 6th level, you can transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as your druid level divided by 3, rounded down.Circle Forms
You have resistance to fire damage.Hellish Resistance | Thanks to your infernal heritage, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You canít discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.Darkvision | You know the ray of frost cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the armor of Agathys spell as a 2nd-level spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the darkness spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.Legacy of Stygia 1/1
Familiar with the various outcast groups (beggars, urchins, slaves), able to locate/contact these groups in urban settings. They'll aid however they can, might shield/fight for you. Knowing the underbelly of cities you have an easier time locating and conversing with criminal's & their organizations.Outcast Familiarity | Common, Infernal, DruidicLanguages


On the one hand, Valerius was concerned with the preservation of his hide and reputation. On the other hand, things seemed slightly tense to the point of discomfort. For the moment, he would just attempt to look busy puttering around, but in truth he was making sure that things didn't escalate, and would be ready to... well, he wasn't sure yet. Stay on his toes to do whatever it is he would have to do if that happened.

 

 

 
__________________
DEAR LORD I NEED FEWER EMERGENCIES
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old Feb 14th, 2023, 05:18 AM
Pinotage's Avatar
Pinotage Pinotage is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2023
RPXP: 5893
Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage
Posts: 1,161
Unable to understand the goblin tongue and the exchange between the goblin and Prrup-tik, Kazza made the most of the time to ready herself for what she assumed was coming. No doubt they'd be heading after the last remaining survivors of this airship, following after the orcs they'd originally came here for. It struck her as odd that the Captain had known there were orcs here - why had this fallen airship taken the risk? For the treasure? Sometimes people's attachment to all things of value struck her as strange. She was always more comfortable foraging for what she needed, making the most of the natural world and its environs.

She crouched down and checked the string on her bow, counter her arrows, making minor adjustments to the fletches as she went. It would suffice. The bow still seemed strong, and she took good care of it. In her quiver was still the one special arrow, a slightly different wood, a slightly different colours. Standing out as if to remind her that it was magical and that she should be wary of it. But, she was slowly, very slowly, growing accustomed to the magic. She looked at the mask she carried with her, the symbol of her anonymity in facing the Doom. As yet she'd not worn it, but when the time came to face the orcs, she would put on her visage and face them. She moved towards where Valerius and Khat were standing, quietly taking a position beside them.


Statblock
 
__________________
Posting Status: Slow
Stop the Earth, I want to get off!
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old Feb 16th, 2023, 02:48 PM
LeDragon's Avatar
LeDragon LeDragon is offline
Inspiration inside ģ
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 10557
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Posts: 7,318
In the ruins of the Magmell Island
Khat wanders through the abandoned houses, wondering what the other airship was doing here. She finds no answer here. The island was large, and the ruins to the north were as mighty as they were tempting to grave robbers. And who would choose their crash site? And how? With an orcish airship breathing down their neck?

When Prrup-tik asks 1st Helmsman Ragrum Stormfall to spare the goblin in the future, the dwarf just snorts disdainfully through his nose and his eyes twinkle in annoyance. But Khat and Kazza stand unobtrusively conspicuous behind the grung, and Valerius also looks like he has a spell handy. And those spells had recently roasted two nasty kitty cats.
So he just turns away. For now, Prrur-tik's snort must suffice as approval, even if the grung doesn't trust the dwarf over the way.
But the goblin is convinced. "When orcs chase airship of humans and airship of humans falls on island and then fight wildly orcs and humans and then orcs catch two humans and take them on airship of orcs and fly to orc hideout in misty mountains of Sickle Island." Snyder Smallblade nods eagerly to reinforce his words. "There definitely trapped in tower at unholy skull tree."

__________________
Travelling to Rome from May 28th to June 3rd. Expect no or just very few posting.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster!
DMing games with great teams since April 2012 - Gates of Might and in the West Marches Games Community
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old Feb 16th, 2023, 06:36 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 14988
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,039
Prrup-tik, Grung Ranger (revised)Sheet|AC: 16|HP: 43/49|Status: Normal
Initiative ADV|Early attack ADV|2-Weapon Fighting|Piercer Feat|Poison piercing|+2 dmg v. humanoids|Poison touch|Poison immunity|Jumping and climbing|1/3 Spells|4/4 HD|4/4 Goodberries | 1/1 adventure luck
left-aligned image

"Golly!" exclaims Prrup-tik, though the contents of the goblin's report were already known or suspected. The grung excitedly passes on all the information to the others. "He sthays he can tell usth where it is," Prrup-tik informs Stormfall. "You you want directions, or..." Prrup-tik trails off as something occurs to him. He turns back to the goblin. "Mr. Smallblade," he asks, "you want usth to justht leave your here, or maybe drop you off sthomewhere?"

 

 

 

 

Prrup-tik AC 16| HP 43/49|PP 10|4/4 Goodberries|1/1 adventure luck|Exhaustion 1
Cujo AC 17|HP 17|PP 13 (18 for hearing and smell)
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old Feb 19th, 2023, 10:07 AM
LeDragon's Avatar
LeDragon LeDragon is offline
Inspiration inside ģ
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 10557
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Posts: 7,318
In the ruins of the Magmell Island

1st Helmsman Ragrum Stormfall looks at Prrur-tik with visible distaste but the air-defenders have shown incredible fighting skills and the dwarf is smart enough to put aside his personal aversions.
"That's OK. We know where their camp is, we had been there for smu... business issues in the past." he mutters and returns to the airship crew. "Collect our friends and the cargo left! We return to the ship!" he shouts. "Don't idle! We have urgent stuff to do!"

Synder Smallblade grins to Prrur-tik. "Nah, no need. Me not want stay on ship with angry dwarf. Me built airship for me with wreck of human airship.
The goblin nods harmless, as if he just overestimates his carpenter skills, but Prrur-tik has no doubts that in fact, the goblin is going to wait for the orcish airship and will immediately
to tell the orcs every detail about the Dragonrise - and the orcs will try to hunt down the Dragonrise as they did with the Silver Pegasus.

His thoughts are interrupted by Able Aeronaut Featherstar. "Rally around the ropes, mates! The Dagonrise gonna lift us up, now!"
__________________
Travelling to Rome from May 28th to June 3rd. Expect no or just very few posting.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster!
DMing games with great teams since April 2012 - Gates of Might and in the West Marches Games Community

Last edited by LeDragon; Feb 19th, 2023 at 10:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old Feb 19th, 2023, 05:04 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 12450
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,205
IC
left-aligned image
Khat - Rouge Female Shifter (Swiftstride) | Darkvison: 60ft, PP 13, PI 11 | Status: normal | Initiative: +5

Khat shook her head at the decision to leave to goblin behind, "Like any informant, they'll sell us out the moment we get a better offer. Still, Prrur-tik, has the lead in this interrogation."

Khat turned her attention to the Orc camp. she asked Ragrum Stormfall, "So, you've been to the Orc camp before. What can you tell us. More specifically, is there any way we might sneak in and free your companions, or will we need to storm the camp? I favor stealth over a frontal assault."

 
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting IRL Stuff - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old Feb 20th, 2023, 09:14 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 14988
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,039
Prrup-tik, Grung Ranger (revised)Sheet|AC: 16|HP: 43/49|Status: Normal
Initiative ADV|Early attack ADV|2-Weapon Fighting|Piercer Feat|Poison piercing|+2 dmg v. humanoids|Poison touch|Poison immunity|Jumping and climbing|1/3 Spells|4/4 HD|4/4 Goodberries | 1/1 adventure luck
left-aligned image

"OK," Prrup-tik concludes his conversation with the goblin. "Good luck!" He seriously doubts that the apparently simple-minded Snyder Smallblade can build something as wondrous as an airship on his own, and certainly not before starving to death, but people often underestimate Prrup-tik, too.

Only once the grung has scrambled back aboard the Dragonrise does one of the crew point out the obvious lie. "Oh..." responds Prrup-tik, then suddenly hops onto a railing to call down to the goblin as the airship departs. "Hope we don't hafta kill you!" he shouts sincerely, then drops back to the deck.

 

 

 

 

Prrup-tik AC 16| HP 43/49|PP 10|4/4 Goodberries|1/1 adventure luck|Exhaustion 1
Cujo AC 17|HP 17|PP 13 (18 for hearing and smell)

Last edited by secretID; Feb 20th, 2023 at 09:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old Feb 22nd, 2023, 06:30 AM
LeDragon's Avatar
LeDragon LeDragon is offline
Inspiration inside ģ
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 10557
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Posts: 7,318
Over the ruins of Magmell Island
The air defenders and the aeronauts rally around the ropes and the remaining crew of the Dragonrise picks them up.

When Prrur-tik looks over the railing to call down to Synder Smallblade, the goblin is already gone, probably hiding again in the wreckage or in his favorite barrel.

Captain Frostraven summons the crew. "My friends, today, we were too late to rescue our friends, but - if the gods of the sky bless us - we still have the chance to save Thoran and Finkra. Yet." Her eyes are red from crying, but except for this, she seems to be as strong and professional as usual. "But this no easy task." she looks around. "The orcish stronghold is on a mountain in Sickly Island. We need to sneak there, free our friends and get out again."
She sighs and looks at the crew. "As we know from our last trip, the weather is notorious bad and we expect heavy snowfall and storm. Anyway, the flight to Sickle Island is going to be already more dangerous than the trip through this dragon-invested clouds. This is something we, as a crew, have to decide together."
1st Helmsman Ragrum Stormfall steps forward. "We need everyone, all of you and we need you with no doubts and no hesitation."
Captain Frostraven nods gratefully to her first officer, then turns to the crew and the air defender again. "Yae or nay!"
1st Helmsman Ragrum Stormfall immediately rises his fist. "YEA!" A moment later, the crew follows his example without exception. "Yea!" "Aye!" "Yeah!" "Yea-Yea!!" "Yeah!"

Now, Captain Frostraven looks seriously at the air defenders. "We need your approval as well. You'll be the ones who have to do the tough job.... the tougher one. We are going to fly to the tower, drop you off there, you free our friends and we pick you up again." she says. "We can't hover over the tower. We would be an easy target for all kinds of range attacks. We'll return as soon as you give us the signal. However..." she hesitates. "...it will be a dangerous mission for you and there's no guarantee for nothing." Her eyes look even more seriously. "We need a Yae of each of you to rescue our friends."
__________________
Travelling to Rome from May 28th to June 3rd. Expect no or just very few posting.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster!
DMing games with great teams since April 2012 - Gates of Might and in the West Marches Games Community
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old Feb 22nd, 2023, 11:00 AM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 14988
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,039
Prrup-tik, Grung Ranger (revised)Sheet|AC: 16|HP: 43/49|Status: Normal
Initiative ADV|Early attack ADV|2-Weapon Fighting|Piercer Feat|Poison piercing|+2 dmg v. humanoids|Poison touch|Poison immunity|Jumping and climbing|1/3 Spells|4/4 HD|4/4 Goodberries | 1/1 adventure luck
left-aligned image

Prrup-tik momentarily wonders what danger the skies may hold greater than the dragon the ship recently escaped, but that question doesnít interfere with his decision-making. Grung are short-lived, and though Prrup-tik doesnít keep that fact at the forefront of his mind, perhaps the knowledge is baked into his genes such that it makes him less averse to risk. Or maybe heís just very foolish.

ďAye!Ē he cries out, without hesitation.

 

 

 

 

Prrup-tik AC 16| HP 43/49|PP 10|4/4 Goodberries|1/1 adventure luck|Exhaustion 1
Cujo AC 17|HP 17|PP 13 (18 for hearing and smell)
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old Feb 23rd, 2023, 04:25 AM
Pinotage's Avatar
Pinotage Pinotage is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2023
RPXP: 5893
Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage
Posts: 1,161
Back on the airship, Kazza briefly lamented the lack of solid ground beneath her feet, but payed careful attention to what the captain was saying. As he spoke, her thoughts once more dwelt on the last time she'd encountered orcs. She'd been naÔve, in some ways, thinking that orcs could be reasoned with, would be willing to talk. But that was most certainly not the case. They were violent and brutal, and while that might not be the case for all of their species, she would handle orcs with weapon first before giving due consideration for anything else.

"Yes," she finally said simply to the captain's request. It was what they were here for after all, orcs or not. A lot had changed since them, and even now she believed should could outrun an orc. If needed. This was a rescue mission, first and foremost, though. "We will do our best to retrieve your friends. A small boon for an otherwise tearful situation." Then more business-like, "Dropping us off a ways from the tower would be more sensible, so that we have a base to return to in order to signal. We do not want to have to signal while being chased by orcs."

OOC
 

Statblock
 
__________________
Posting Status: Slow
Stop the Earth, I want to get off!
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old Feb 24th, 2023, 12:23 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 12450
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,205
IC
left-aligned image
Khat - Rouge Female Shifter (Swiftstride) | Darkvison: 60ft, PP 13, PI 11 | Status: normal | Initiative: +5

Khat was no stranger to danger. Her parents had sold her to Mouser shortly after puberty. Mouser had her hunting urchins in the Sewers of Sharn. As she grew more skilled, the prey turned from urchins and pickpockets to more dangerous criminals. Since coming to West Marches, she'd hunted goblins and braved a mechanical house. However, an Orcish stronghold was a different level of danger.

After Pruup-tik's enthusiastic Aye and Kazza's more measured "Yes" Khat looked carefully at the group"Yes, I'll
help rescue your friends, but we'll need a plan, and "
The Feline Rogue looked at the Captain, "Your word you'll return when we signal."

Khat looked to the group, "When braving a bandits lair, there are but two alternatives - stealth and quiet assassination, or speed and violence of action." Khat nodded to Kazza, " I prefer to former to the latter. However, I'm not sure that coming in by skyship we have much chance of sneaking. Additionally, while some of us are suited to sneaking, others " She gestured to Suluruk, "Are more suited to violence of action."


 
__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting IRL Stuff - expect delays |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old Feb 25th, 2023, 12:19 PM
LeDragon's Avatar
LeDragon LeDragon is offline
Inspiration inside ģ
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 10557
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Posts: 7,318
On the way to Sickle Island
The Dragonrise's engine goes into full throttle and soon the crash site is only a small dot until finally Magmell Island has also disappeared into the clouds. Please roll a 2nd exhaust roll CON DC 14. The tension subsides and with it the leaden tiredness of a night spent awake sets in again.

right-aligned image
The group gathers around the dining table in the airship's cramped galley. With a sweep of his arm, 1st Helmsman Ragrum Stormfall clears the table, which immediately earns him a dirty look from Able Aeronaut Grudark Ironcloud, who is tying on a kitchen apron. Captain Frostraven returns from the captain's cabin with a piece of parchment and blue and black ink.
"HERE..." She has to yell to drown out the roar of the engine. As she does, she draws a few large circles, rectangles and a tree on the sheet in black ink. "This is Sickle Island and the two mountains - I don't know what they're called. One has a tower and a skull tree on it, the other a fortress.... well, what orcs call a fortress - that guards the bridge to the other mountain. There's a path up there, but then you have to go through the gate of the fortress and we're not going to make it on foot." She spreads out a few triangles on parchment.
"There are a couple of ballistas that are probably guarded and manned as well. Each one individually can easily punch through the hull and gas hull lengthwise and crosswise." She pauses, looking seriously around as the half-orc silently picks up the dropped dishes and cutlery from between the feet of the other crew members.

left-aligned image
1st Helmsman Ragrum Stormfall now takes a goose quill and a small inkwell of blue ink. "Aye mates, however, we are expecting a strong wind from the southeast at night and also snowfall. This wind would blow us over the mountain and also obliterate quiet sounds. The guards will be holed up as much as possible. At the mountain, you descend, we drift on, stare down the engine out of earshot of the guards, and fly back in an arc to collect you and our friends again." The dwarf strokes a large arc of blue paint across the parchment.
1st Mate Thorkin Greyblitz nods in satisfaction. "Aye, - and away we go!"

right-aligned image
Captain Frostraven looks to her first mate. She doesn't look quite as optimistic, but if she disagrees, she remains silent on the matter, instead pointing to the tree and the tower. "The most difficult part is the landing, as we can only run the engine at a crawl to avoid alerting the guards. The best thing would be to stand on ropes with slings, we'll lower you down and you just jump off."



DMoC:Feel free to discuss in-game or in the OCC thread your ideas and opinions.

Please dont' forget your 2nd exhaust roll CON DC 14.
__________________
Travelling to Rome from May 28th to June 3rd. Expect no or just very few posting.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster!
DMing games with great teams since April 2012 - Gates of Might and in the West Marches Games Community
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:22 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB