OOC Without a doubt the least original OOC thread name ever. - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: N-R > Obeisance
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Moosen!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 146
GetSomeLeaves GetSomeLeaves
That's cool, wasn't sure how powerful that item could be.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Whiffling Through

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 545
Snickersnack Snickersnack Snickersnack Snickersnack Snickersnack Snickersnack
Brief update: I am in toronto and I am sitting in the presence of my grandmother who is two days deceased. She did so peacefully and during a midmorning nap. Her sons are here. The setting of extreme peace.

More later.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Moosen!

Tools
User Statistics
My condolences. Obviously take whatever time you need. We'll still be here when you get back.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:40 PM
dilige et quod vis fac

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8103
ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb
Seconded. I'm not going anywhere soon, sorry for your loss.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:30 PM
Whiffling Through

Tools
User Statistics
An incredible woman.
My youngest uncle arrived this very morning from South Africa. The second youngest: the day before, from BC. We african canooks believe that our grandmother stays for three days, not convinced that she is entirely ready to go. When she sees her sons and her grandsons and granddaughters peaceful and relaxed, she is ready.

Now... It seems that we are waiting for a certain shape-changing icthybarbarous.

I will give him a handful of hours until we decide that we need another member, and then I will plunge back into the recruitment thread and pluck a cold, rejected, concept from the frosty ground and attempt various forms of biomancy upon it. If all goes well: viola, another werecreature, shape-shifting monk, or something even more ridiculous to fill the fins of the shark-man.

Last edited by Snickersnack; 02-21-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:42 PM
Whiffling Through

Tools
User Statistics
In the meantime, how many of you have seen Princess Mononoke? It is a wonderful animated film and thematically it is very consistent with our own little genre. I don't normally bring up anime—because of the absolutely horrid fans it seems to attract—but there are some great movies out there that I hope people enjoy without explaining themselves. I live vicariously through those hypothetical movie-goers.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:01 AM
Mister President

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1708
Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch
Just out of curiosity have you tried sending Craigthulhu a PM? I know he was online earlier today because he posted in another game that we're both in. He might have just not checked the ad thread or something.

That aside, I've never seen Princess Mononoke, though I have seen Spirited Away which I believe is by the same guy. It was pretty good. Odd, sure, but entertaining as long as you didn't try to hard to understand why the weirdness was happening. As far as I can tell that's the main rule to follow in anime: don't try too hard to understand the weirdness.

Edit: A handful of hours might not be enough I'm afraid. It's 1 AM where we live (Hello from the Maritimes) and my money says he's asleep right now. He'll probably need two handfuls.

Last edited by Alesch; 02-22-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:48 AM
Moosen!

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, I've never seen that movie. I try to steer away from anime as well. Not because of the fans, but because I just don't particularly like it. Farthest I'll go is watching Pokemon, but that's pushing it, and only because I really love that silly little game.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:46 AM
dilige et quod vis fac

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8103
ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb
Princess Mononoke I've never seen personally, although I have friends who have and have reccommended it to me. I watched Spririted Away in high school during Japanese class, and remember that being pretty good. So if the same guy did the two I may finally get around to watching it.

I used to watch quite a bit of anime back in school, and I still watch (over, and over, and over) a lot of Disney movies and cheesy old cartoons (Biker Mice from Mars, anyone?) I don't think it made/makes me any worse than I already was and never once have I felt the need to explain myself for it. Some things are just meant to be enjoyed

EDIT: Craigthulu is also in a game with me currently, and updates consistently. I imagine he could have just missed the fact that his character made the cut. I'd second the PM idea.

Last edited by ByronBulb; 02-22-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Whiffling Through

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, well he's got the handfuls. I'll knock a PM in his direction right now. And if you are ever wondering what movie to watch on a bleak saturday evening and your plans have fallen through, totter off to the rental place and pull Mononoke off the shelf. It's a lot like a less refined and more linear version of Spirited Away. Very worth watching, I would say.

Helloo to the Maritimes!

Last edited by Snickersnack; 02-22-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 223
Slolivin Slolivin Slolivin
Sorry guys, back now and sorry for your loss Snicker. Always better when it's peacful.

I just need to pick 2 more feats. I "purchased" mundane gear and I was assuming mundane means no masterwork and no magical. If masterwork is OK I'll update a weapon and armor accordingly. The Ram's head is perfect, just what I had in mind!!!! What about my made item? I wasn't sure on the power level so I just need the thumbs up from you on what's acceptable. For easy reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Item Designed by me
Bands he wears on his biceps with colorful feathers attached (red, green, blue, white, etc.) I was thinking of having the feathers do some sort of healing. A ring of Rapid Healing (300,000 gp) gives a person fast healing 3, so I imagine giving fast healing 1 would be a bit overpowered. Maybe a toned down healing. Like 1 hp every 10 min?

If that's still too much maybe they provide a natural armor bonus or a damage reduction. Say Natural Armor +1 and DR 1.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Mister President

Tools
User Statistics
That Ram's head will be incredibly useful! "Oh gee, this is a strange thing that I see before me. I should make a knowledge roll but OH NOES! I don't have that particular knowledge! Ram's Head Powers! Activate! Hey tribal wise men, know anything about this?"

Alternatively, "Hey tribal wisemen, I could really use a teleport/scry/some other long distance spell. Think you could help me out?"

Of course the last one depends on the tribal shamans' classes really. Personally I think we should call it "Wiki"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I just had a thought. Would there be any way to get Improvised Weapon Proficiency (without having to become a drunken master)? I know there's a whole slew of homebrewed feats but I haven't been able to find anything official. +1 Stein of Frost, beat the other tavern patrons and keeps your drink cold. +1 Sock of Frost, for added irony it's made of wool! +1 Backpack of Frost. +1 Unconscious Wereshark of Frost! The possibilities are endless!

Last edited by Alesch; 02-22-2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Moment of inspiration
Old 02-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 223
Slolivin Slolivin Slolivin
Ah, but the important part is the shaman's have to be awake and tending the circle. They will have an appointed update time, like once a week at sunset or something. But I wouldn't count on it for an immediate Whats that big scary thing coming at me and how do i kill it?!?!?!. Chances are they would be sleeping and I'd be sitting there with an old rams head in my hands as I get pummeled into oblivion.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Mister President

Tools
User Statistics
If you yell really loud at the ram's head you might wake them up :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: So, I had a few ideas for what I might choose as my second item. I used the gold value for Nature's Finest as I guide since it was the only item I could actually find costs for. If these second items are meant to be weaker then I can probably tone down most of these.

Quote:
Hidden Guard
This shining silver suit of full-plate is remarkably light and easy to maneuver in. Even in its natural state it is an impressive sight worthy of any knight or paladin, its abilities however, are far more subtle than would be expected of such an armour. Upon command the armour shifts to take on the appearance of regular cloth, impossible to distinguish from normal clothing with the naked eye. Even while so transformed it remains just as potent a protective item as in its regular form. Even if Hidden Guard is not being worn it stands ready to protect its owner. Upon speaking another command word Hidden Guard will appear on its wielder, worn and ready to ward away enemy blows. Even against intangible threats without a physical presence the armour provides protection.
(+2 Called, Glamored, Mithril Fullplate of Ghost Ward)
+10 armour bonus, Max Dex of +3, Armour Check Penalty -2, 25% spell failure, speed reduced as per Medium armour, 25 lbs.
Called (MIC, pg 9)
Glamored,
Ghost Ward (MIC, pg 11)
Gold value: 24200
Quote:
Skin of Fiendish Embrace
While inert, the skin of Fiendish Embrace resembles a small ball of reddish mercury. When activated with a mental command however, the substance spreads to cover its wielders body entirely. The skin does not interfere with the wearer's vision, breathing or other functions. With another mental command it can be activated to provide several benefits. These last for 15 rounds, at the end of which the skin falls inert until dawn.
(Skin of Fiendish Embrace (MIC, pg 170))
While active provides the following benefits:
DR 10/magic
Darkvision 60'
Batlike wings, allowing flight at base land speed with average maneuverability
Claws, 2 claws dealing 1d6 points of damage
Immunity to poison
Resistance to Acid, Cold, Electricity and Fire 10
Smite Good: Once per duration, adds +15 damage against a good opponent when used.
SR 25
Gold value: 24000
Quote:
Crystal Chain
This golden chain is worn around the neck (though it can be worn alongside another magical necklace or amulet) and has three glowing cognizance crystals dangling from it. Two smaller (3 pp each) crystals flank a larger (7 pp) crystal which dangles in the center.
(3 Cognizance Crystals, MIC pg 154)
Gold value: 24000
If this is outside of the price range then these are pretty easy to scale back. Dropping Ghost Ward and an enhancement bonus from the armour brings it down to 16000. There's a 6000 gp version of the skin and it's a pretty simple matter to alter the composition of the crystal chain to bring its price down.

Last edited by Alesch; 02-22-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14807
Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu
Sorry to hear about the loss. I will try to have a character sheet ready for tonight. If there are mistakes let me know, this is the first time I made a lycanthrope. Hopefully I get it right.