RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > Strange Aeons
twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 02-21-2019, 08:46 PM
Runetide's Avatar
Runetide Runetide is online now
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2019
RPXP: 739
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Posts: 375
Gaspard Chastain
right-aligned image
"Hey! I think this is our armor." the half-orc declares. "Bastards were gonna burn it."


OOCGetting armor on!
  #47  
Old 02-22-2019, 12:31 AM
Alphaeus's Avatar
Alphaeus Alphaeus is offline
Da Draggin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-24-2019
RPXP: 3072
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
Posts: 2,073
Elijah
"MY CLOTHES!!"

He veritably flies over there, hastily extracting the masterfully crafted folds of his gold and fur trimmed duster, then the snakeskin chaps, and lastly the gold trimmed hat. With a few shakes they seem as good as new...they were made to be used in the field, despite the decor. "Well...at least all this seems to have dried enough to not stain my clothes," he concludes, gesturing to the blood and gore caking everything else.

He strips down to his glorious -- and, admittedly, not necessarily displeasing -- birthday suit right there, slipping into his undergarments, boots, and slacks; next comes the belt, shirt, chaps, and jacket. With a flick of his arms to settle the sleeves into place he carefully dons the hat with a firm grip. A quick shiver seems to seal the transformation from crazed gunman in a gown to a more measured gunslinger.

"Ahhhh...this is much better." He patted the case on his hip containing his bullets, then glances at the lady. A crooked smile is paired with a turn back into the pile, digging out the newest and cleanest clothes he presumed to be hers, then extending them to her. "Here ya go, miss. Thought you might like to change out of that gown."

Something about the remaining crooked smile on his face and the languid, mischievous gaze indicates he has no intention of averting his eyes while she changes.
__________________
Games I DM:Doors & Another Day

Business as Usual, Posting Normal
  #48  
Old 02-22-2019, 03:10 AM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is online now
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2019
RPXP: 4621
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 6,677
Cheryl Abryn Cynth
left-aligned image
Seeing themselves armed, and Gaspard's bleeding now stoppered, it seemed to be time to escape. Though blind, moving was better than staying still, caught with a dead doppelganger. Gaspard went to check around the corner, Cheryl was reticent to split from this group so soon as she was not any sort of warrior. That and the doppelganger seemed intent on diving for the steel door before it was intercepted.

As Cheryl silently deliberated, Gaspard called out. Cheryl was more intrigued about getting clothes aside from this dirty set she had on currently, everything felt loose and grimy. By the time she stepped into the open door she had to avert her eyes as Elijah was finished tearing his old ones off. She sighs to herself, "You could have waited a minute..."

Now blocking her own vision, the smell of blood and other fluids on the clothes in the pile did little to persuade her that there was much worth taking, until she found a familiar garment. Traveling clothes, an assortment of pretty light blue-dyed wool attire embroidered with a brass-colored thread, complete with cape, hood, vest and skirt of matching color. What garments remained were, frankly expensive white satin hosiery and undergarments fit for perfecting a noble's fashionable figure. She gathered these in her arms, including the light gown that Elijah had offered to her. While he didn't look repugnant, his unabashed lust caused her to let out a groan akin to a rusty door-hinge.

With clothes in hand, and Elijah staring, she sighed, "Give me a moment... Er... Gaspard." She remembered the half-orc's name, "Could I impose on you some temporary chivalrous gestures to ignore my temporary indecency? ...I am returning to my cell to change." She says before she vanishes into the prior room, equipping her smallclothes before discarding the institution's gowns in favor for the protection of leather and comfort of clean-er clothes.



Once the minute or so had passed of her slipping into those comfortable clothes, Cheryl had raised her hood, holstered her dagger into her belt and then leaned upon her glaive for support. Hopefully neither the doppelganger's friends, nor her recent ones had intruded upon her at this time. She called back, "I am decent."
__________________
  #49  
Old 02-22-2019, 09:13 AM
Runetide's Avatar
Runetide Runetide is online now
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2019
RPXP: 739
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Posts: 375
Gaspard Chastain
right-aligned image
Gaspared blinks as Cheryl askes for chivalrous gestures, and answers with an obviously confused "Uh... sure?"

Oh. She must feel uncomfortable with her body. he thinks. Must be a body image thing. I wonder why she cares... Or why I don't care? Puzzling.

He instead takes the time to trade out his hospital clothes for the aforementioned clothes and boots, (just moving the comments about the weight and size here) and carefully straps his studded leather armor over his clothing.

"Ah, that's better." he mutters to himself, obviously taking his time so she's done dressing before him. "I think we're ready to move out. We should check the other door, but let's be careful." he declares aloud.
  #50  
Old 02-22-2019, 01:56 PM
Krow Nest's Avatar
Krow Nest Krow Nest is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-24-2019
RPXP: 1327
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Posts: 2,569
The CellarAfter changing into more suitable clothing, the group made their way back to the cell room, past the now corpse of the man who aided in their escape. In the small hall, Gaspard opened the steel door, into what looked like a cellar. A broad chute extends diagonally through one of this cellar’s half-crumbled stone walls. Beneath it lies heaped more than a dozen mutilated humanoid bodies. Nearby, a flight of rickety, wooden steps climbs toward the high ceiling—an escape none of the room’s current occupants seem capable of employing. The smell of rot and decay in the room is nearly overwhelming, and the buzz of flies hangs in the air.
  #51  
Old 02-24-2019, 11:30 AM
Runetide's Avatar
Runetide Runetide is online now
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2019
RPXP: 739
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Posts: 375
Gaspard Chastain
right-aligned image
Whistling, Gaspard cautiously surveys the room.

"This... does not bode well." he says aloud, his stomach flip-flopping as he looks over the gruesome sight. "We could have been one of these." he observes, his thin lips drawn tight.

He'll move around the room, looking over the bodies. "Who were you?" he asks no one in perticular. "Did I know you? Were we friends? Enemies? Lovers? Have we never met?" Shaking his head, he lets out a pent up sigh. "Guess I'll never know. Shame."

He rolls his shoulders, his golem arm making faint whirr noises as he does so. He'll go up to the stairs and gingerly put a foot on the first step. "I hope things are less gory upstairs." he comments, cautiously ascending the stairs.
  #52  
Old 02-24-2019, 05:20 PM
Alphaeus's Avatar
Alphaeus Alphaeus is offline
Da Draggin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-24-2019
RPXP: 3072
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
Posts: 2,073
Elijah
Elijah was, of course, mildly disappointed with Cheryl. There wasn't anything at all troubling to him about the fact he was comfortable to fling and sling his ding-a-ling. It's not like his cinched-tight pants and belt concealed the notion it was there. But apparently she was the bashful sort. Shame. He rather liked the brash ones.

His greenish companion, on the other hand, seemed just as comfortable as Elijah with himself, as things should be. Animals didn't wear clothes and yet people seemed to think they were somehow more fit to be used as religious symbols and metaphors for high-minded stuff.

In the meantime he took the chance to light up a cigarette from the contents of his duster -- not much, really, but something -- and mildly evaluate the interesting gadget worn by Gaspard. Once they regroup and head into the new room, his eyebrows raise slightly at the sight, but it ultimately doesn't earn anything more than a shrug.

To be quite honest, his earlier suspicions were correct. His memory was rather wiped clean...he'd run into folks and critters that could screw with your head before, so he figured something had to be off kilter here. All in all, though, this was a lot better than what few wisps he could piece together about his previous state.

Using the toe of his boot, he nudged over a few bodies, searching them for anything of worth. He squats a couple times, fingers polishing off random bits that may or may not be off use, and pockets whatever interests him. Nothing much, really.

From this squat, comfortably knee-deep in gore, he took a long, thoughtful draw on his joint. Keeping it clenched in the corner of his lips he blew out a long plume of smoke towards the stairs first and then the chute.

"Ya know, those stairs lead to wherever live folks are supposed to go. The chute is gonna lead to the source of all these dead folks. I'm thinkin' a bit about how all this might be put together, especially seein' how the stairs are shoddy and the chute is slick, but I'd say right now the chute seems like the best escape option. Granted, I'm thinkin' some whack job screwed with our heads, so take my opinion however you like...but it's something. See, the way I figure things, if we backtrack all these bodies we'll get to a point where they were alive, and from there we backtrack to where they got into this mess, and keep backtracking long enough and we'll figure out the way they all were brought in...which will be our ticket out."

He took another long draw. "That, or we blow all their freakin' heads off. The sick bastards who did this, I mean."

OOC
Dice Search (Perception) roll:
1d20+3 (4)+3 Total = 7

Dice Knowledge(Engineering):
1d20+7 (8)+7 Total = 15

__________________
Games I DM:Doors & Another Day

Business as Usual, Posting Normal
  #53  
Old 02-24-2019, 06:50 PM
Krow Nest's Avatar
Krow Nest Krow Nest is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-24-2019
RPXP: 1327
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Posts: 2,569
Void

Last edited by Krow Nest; 02-24-2019 at 06:55 PM.
  #54  
Old 02-25-2019, 12:30 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is online now
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2019
RPXP: 4621
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 6,677
Cheryl Abryn Cynth
left-aligned image
Cheryl looks down into the furnace room as Gaspard was ascending the stair. She doesn't know what they were talking about for the minute or so that she was gone, but she was now fully dressed and that made her more comfortable. Cheryl had covered her nose and mouth to combat the smell of blood and death downstairs.

Elijah had voiced a rather insane idea, almost as insane as watching a lady dress herself in a situation like this. Her response to the idea was brief, "I don't know if I could even climb up the chute." She then looked behind her toward the metallic door in their caged room, "Are we sure we cannot just try the door to see if it is locked? I'd rather run away from such a place than figure out why they had to imprison myself..."
__________________
  #55  
Old 02-25-2019, 02:57 PM
Krow Nest's Avatar
Krow Nest Krow Nest is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-24-2019
RPXP: 1327
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Posts: 2,569
The StairsGaspard and Cheryl walked up the stairs, Elijah staying in the cellar as he contemplated the chute. When the orc and human reached the 3rd turn on the stairs, they saw a long hallway... with a wall of rubble and dirt in the way. Strange, as the walls of the hallway seemed to be nicer than the other walls they have seen already.

OOCIf you're gonna attempt the chute anyway, Elijah, roll Climb and Fortitude
  #56  
Old 02-26-2019, 10:24 AM
Runetide's Avatar
Runetide Runetide is online now
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2019
RPXP: 739
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Posts: 375
Gaspard Chastain
right-aligned image
Gaspard sighs.

"Whelp. Looks like the chute is the only way up." he observes. "What the hells happened up there?"

He grimaces and touches his face as it tweaks recent wounds. "We should probably be ready to be attacked with every room we enter. I just hope whatever has been doing this, they've gotten complacent..."

He stops before descending the stairs. He touches his chin as he thinks. "Wait... Was that furnace hot?" he asks. "If not, maybe we could just take the furnace chimney all the way out of here!"
I wonder if either of them are even capable of climbing... he wonders.
  #57  
Old 03-06-2019, 03:39 PM
Alphaeus's Avatar
Alphaeus Alphaeus is offline
Da Draggin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-24-2019
RPXP: 3072
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
Posts: 2,073
Elijah
As the other two first try the stairs, and then mention the furnace, the spellslinger stands up and walks over towards the furnace, shaking a bit of clingy entrails from his boots once clear of the bodies. "Well, to be quite honest I'm not sure how well I'd get up that chimney. I mean, I may be able to shimmy up a chute, but that is easy enough. Personally speaking, I tended to keep my feet on the ground and let my bullets reach where I didn't want to."

At the mention of battle, though, he gave a cheeky grin. "Fights are my business. That said, even I don't really want to aim for that."
__________________
Games I DM:Doors & Another Day

Business as Usual, Posting Normal

Last edited by Alphaeus; 03-06-2019 at 03:39 PM.
  #58  
Old 03-11-2019, 06:24 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is online now
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2019
RPXP: 4621
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 6,677
Cheryl Abryn Cynth
left-aligned image
Descending down the stairs with a frown upon her face, the inquisitor girl sighs to herself. Elijah and Gaspard go through options and alternative exits to these chambers. Standing in the room with rotting bodies hardly improved her mood and disposition while considering the options.

"The chute." Cheryl says after a long pause. She looks up at the chute, "I am not confident in climbing up a chimney with a polearm." She gestures to her glaive, "I'd rather skip any fights we could get into."
__________________
  #59  
Old 03-20-2019, 05:08 PM
Krow Nest's Avatar
Krow Nest Krow Nest is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-24-2019
RPXP: 1327
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Posts: 2,569
Up the chuteThe party had no choice but to climb up the chute then. In order of Gaspard, Elijah and Cheryl, they climbed the chute, slouched over, hands on the walls, making their way to the source of light in the distance. Cheryl and Gaspard, when stepping onto the corpse pile to get to the chute, feet sunk into the pile for a second, the slimey 'left over' gunk getting on their skin. When they climbed out, they were inside some sort of empty storage room, aside from a few boxes.

The group stepped outside to see 4 stone walls around them, but lucky enough, they were at least outside. The fresh air smelt... sorta good, there was the scent of blood in the air constantly. The grass wasn't well kept, seemingly grown too high, there was trash, and the most notable issue: one of the walls had given in. The pile was too large for them to climb through or dig out.

There was though, a single metal door.


OOCCheryl and Gaspard have contracted Filth Fever

Cheryl Incubation
Dice Roll:
1d3 1

Dice CON:
1d3 3

Dice DEX:
1d3 2

1 day Onset, Fortitude DC 12 1/day or DEX & CON damage

Gaspard Incubation
Dice Roll:
1d3 1

Dice CON:
1d3 3

Dice DEX:
1d3 3

1 day Onset, Fortitude DC 12 1/day or DEX & CON damage

Last edited by Krow Nest; 03-20-2019 at 05:28 PM.
  #60  
Old 03-21-2019, 01:43 AM
Runetide's Avatar
Runetide Runetide is online now
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2019
RPXP: 739
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Posts: 375
Gaspard Chastain
right-aligned image
Gaspard tries to wipe his hands off on his clothes, and sighs. "Great." he mutters. "That's disgusting."

Turning to help the other two up, he will wait till they're all there before surveying the room they're now in. "You two okay?" he asks, wiping his organic hand on his pants.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB