Notices

Old Oct 2nd, 2022, 03:55 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 225
Balthazzar Balthazzar Balthazzar
Hogwarts School of Wizardry

I would love to get my wife into playing Rpg's... She has remained resistant until I asked if she would consider playing if she could be a student at Hogwarts... She perked up at that prospect!

I am currently seeking an HM (Head Master/Mistress) with a love for the Wizarding World and Hogwarts. It doesn't need to follow the books/movies at all and can take place in the past or the future.

Would prefer all characters to be friends prior to their first year at the school so they have a reason to work together even if they are members of different houses as my wife is a Hufflepuff and I am a Gryffindor.

The 5e fan created supplement can easily be found doing a search for W.A.N.D.S. Rulebook or Wands and Wizards Homebrew.

This will be my wife's first foray into rpg's so I am only looking for a GM who thinks they can provide a first rate game as a bad gaming experience could have her never want to play again.

EDIT: My brother is also looking to play (Ravenclaw)... He and I have both been playing rpg's for 37 years a piece.

EDIT: My wife's best friend wishes to play as well (Slytherin)... also new to rpg's

So 4 players; one from each house... 2 experienced roleplayer's who can mentor the 2 Newbs.

EDIT: My wife and brother are both interested in playing Magizoologists like Newt Scamander from the Fantastic Beasts... one a Dragon-Keeper and the other a Monster-Hunter... so that would need to be a fair part of the game direction... I plan on playing an Aurora (a hunter of Dark Wizards)... not sure what direction our slytherin player wants to go yet.

Last edited by Balthazzar; Oct 2nd, 2022 at 03:55 PM.
Old Oct 4th, 2022, 03:51 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I've found a GM on another site who will put this game on.

Please consider this request closed.
Old Oct 7th, 2022, 01:27 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I am reopening this GM request.

The GM from another site that showed interest in running the game has ignored 2 Pm's I sent them 3 days ago asking some questions on the game even though they have been on and posting in several other games.

Looking for a GM truely interested in running the game.
Old Oct 13th, 2022, 02:22 PM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2735
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
I'm no good at GMing but if you get this going I am IN!

Ravenclaw but a bit adventurous/sporty - I would be on the Quidditch team!
Old Oct 14th, 2022, 12:47 PM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2735
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazzar View Post
I would love to get my wife into playing Rpg's... She has remained resistant until I asked if she would consider playing if she could be a student at Hogwarts... She perked up at that prospect!

I am currently seeking an HM (Head Master/Mistress) with a love for the Wizarding World and Hogwarts. It doesn't need to follow the books/movies at all and can take place in the past or the future...

...This will be my wife's first foray into rpg's so I am only looking for a GM who thinks they can provide a first rate game as a bad gaming experience could have her never want to play again.
Hi Balthazzar, you know I read over this post again and the above parts caught me eye. It seems to me the solution is obvious...

YOU should run the game!

You can play the Auror as an NPC - the wizard that recruits the students for some mission that is the subject of the game (and may even not turn out to be everything he seems!). Then you could ensure you have all the ingredients you are looking for to get your wife permanently into this!

Mitsy
Old Oct 14th, 2022, 07:10 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsubachi View Post
Hi Balthazzar, you know I read over this post again and the above parts caught me eye. It seems to me the solution is obvious...

YOU should run the game!

You can play the Auror as an NPC - the wizard that recruits the students for some mission that is the subject of the game (and may even not turn out to be everything he seems!). Then you could ensure you have all the ingredients you are looking for to get your wife permanently into this!

Mitsy
That would be an ideal solution but I am no GM. I have un medicated ADD... I can play a character in a campaign but i am not organized enough to keep track of everything a GM keeps track of... My memory/recall is shite as well... I would ruin the experience for her and she would be sure not to want to play again ��

Last edited by Balthazzar; Oct 14th, 2022 at 07:10 PM.