Game Thread Hounds of Shadow - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > D20 Modern > Starcraft: Void Runners > Game Threads
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 650
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
Hounds of Shadow

As soon as the ships land, heavily armored marines in full combat gear disembark alongside firebats, with their specialized flamethrowers. A single goliath strides out of a dropship and stands guard on the far end of the station. The marines quickly surround the area, ordering the disarmament and surrender of the colonial troops whenever they are encountered. With much confusion, the militia complies.

All but one man, who yells at the vidscreen on his vulture hover cycle. He is dressed in worn buckskin leather pants with a denim shirt rolled up at the sleeves. A light combat vest made of some type of leathery weave pegs him as military. As does the gauss rifle slung across his back. His boots are well made and maintained. He has a head of sandy blonde hair and a neatly trimmed beard and mustache. Are you out of your mind? We saved this colony! If we hadn't burnt that damn factory, we could have been overrun!

Now I asked you nice the first time, boy. Even without seeing the other man's face, you recognize the voice. Colonel Edmund Duke. I'm not here to talk. Now throw down them weapons! At that two marines approach the man. Marshal James Raynor, we have a warrant for your arrest for treasonous activities.

Marshal Raynor hands the marines his weapons. Yeah I got the love letter from your colonial. Lets go. With that he disappears behind the marines and is herded onto a dropship with some others, including Dr. John. The man everyone knows as the Universal News NetworkUNN reporter, Michael Liberty, is present as well. He speaks with one of the marines for a moment before being told to leave. You are each given a similar treatment. As of this moment you are in a restricted area. You must leave at once.

Now you stand outside of Backwater Station. Some of the militia were told to leave alongside you, some stay inside the base. Others were taken on the dropships. You have regrouped with Jimmy Sixx and the vulture pilot continues to follow you despite being a Confederate himself. Angelo is nowhere to be found. However, a man in medieval-looking power armor stands with you.

You squint against the sun as you watch the Confederate dropships leave the planet.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:00 PM
memento vivi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5985
reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision
"Well, that's just great," Yves mutters. Leaving us down here with the Zerg and gods-knows-what-else.

Still, maybe it's luckier this way. Facing these so-called Zerg might be better odds than if he'd been taken in by Confederate forces. The adrenaline rush of fear and anger that had come over him when he'd seen the Confederate insignia emblazoned on the dropships as well as Alpha Squadron's famous general in person is only now subsiding as the dropships fade into small pinpricks in the sky.

Well, I guess that concludes our mission, Yves thinks. The rebels we were looking for have been scattered, killed, or taken by Confederates.

Now, back to the business of getting off this planet alive.
The Rock jingles the keys in his pocket. "Hey Saipo, did you leave that receiver you made in the truck? I think we need to start heading to our evac point as well."

Learn good posting style! | Amy's Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Learn to write good applications! | Aeternis' Guide to BAD-ASS Applications

Last edited by reivision; 07-17-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:36 PM
囲碁選手七

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8459
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
OOC: I'm slightly confused, wasn't there something where we were all also deemed traitors, or terrorists or something like that, so we would also have been arrested? I had a great monologue planned for Saipo keeping with his perceived allegiance, hoping with cooperation he can get life rather than death then in a mere 20 years he could get a pardon for behavior showing of his previous citizenship.

Last edited by goplayer7; 07-17-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Antiquated Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1348
Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast
"Let's make sure that we don't abandon anyone, if we can possibly help it", Catelyn rather nervously advises. "Can we round everyone up and get them transport? And do you think we can let the ship know that we'd like an extraction without... any hostile parties listening in?"
Old 07-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Grampy Bone

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 724
Renrik Renrik Renrik Renrik Renrik Renrik Renrik
The man in the heavily modified knight-like power armor stands looking into the sky. After a few moments he shouts out as he fires a few shot futilely into the air. You slag eating sons of an inbred mutant pig! You send me and my friends on a suicide mission and when I survive you arrest the only thrice-damned man who's doing anything about these crazed aliens and leave me to rot with a bunch of refugees who are about to eaten by the same slittin' aliens you just failed to do anything about?! You can rot in hell, you basterds! You can lick the scum off my well trodden power boot! You can lay in a pile of your own entrails when these slittin' aliens finally catch up to you and slit you a new one! You can sit in a pile of yer own excrement after you realize what you just utterly failed to combat! You can suck my spear when I shove it down yer gizzards after I figure out how to survive this stinkin' pile of maggot's fodder! Eat **** and die you herpes waystations!
You can recognize the voice as the one you heard over the receiver.
Thoughts are pure entities chained down, limited, and sullied by our harsh and inflexible language. Either you chain down your thoughts with words and limit their splendor, or you watch them drift away in awe.

Last edited by Renrik; 07-20-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:30 PM
囲碁選手七

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8459
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
"Yep, I have the handheld here," he tosses it to Yves. It is at this point he hears the person yell, "Could it be?" he waits to see how the other two react to his presence.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Antiquated Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Catelyn actually sidles away from the ranting, brows lifting and mohawk tilting to one side as she peers worriedly up at the armour.

"You know.... I'm not entirely convinced that making them want to shoot you will be the very best of plans", she ventures nervously.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Grampy Bone

Tools
User Statistics
Would be like them to shoot me instead of actually dealing with the monsters, ya! What a worthless pack of bureaucracy! You're with 'em crazy rebels, ya? How many ships ye got? Zev looks across the refugees and rebels. A sorry bunch o' suckers. How old is that armor?!
OOC:Jamaican
Thoughts are pure entities chained down, limited, and sullied by our harsh and inflexible language. Either you chain down your thoughts with words and limit their splendor, or you watch them drift away in awe.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Antiquated Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
That tattooed, mohawk-wearing young woman continues to peer rather dubiously up at the oddly-accented armour.

"I'm not sure that's the kind of thing we should discuss here, either", she observes, tone dryly amused. "But... we're intending to get out of here soon. And I'm hoping we can take with us everyone who wants to come. I'm really just a refugee, myself. Though not from here."
Old 08-09-2011, 03:00 AM
Grampy Bone

Tools
User Statistics
I only want to know if you packin' the power to deal with all this slittin' mess. At first glance the man is merely a suit of powered armor. It takes a mere second, though, to realize it is quite different from standard military issue. It's modified helmet more closely resembles a suit of medieval armor than the standard space suit design, which folds back to reveal his face as he speaks to this "refugee". It has numerous pockets and scars from years of firefights and many hubs to allow customization. The armor has been bleached a sandy white and has splashes of red across it's chassis. The red could easily be poor quality paint, but is much more likely blood. Underneath the battle-hardened exterior is a small, vulnerable, battle-hardened interior. The man's face is covered in scars and tattoos. He has very dark skin which contrasts with his off-white scarring and stark-white tattoos. His teeth have seen better days, those days being infancy. So that means you've got a ride then? And where are you from?

Last edited by Renrik; 08-09-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:31 AM
Antiquated Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
"Los Andares", Catelyn responds, naming the capital of Mau Sara's sister-world. She purses her lips, glancing away to ruefully survey the scene, chrome momentarily flashing beneath the tail of her hair, where the cortical socket is set into her skull.

"Yeah, I imagine there might be a ride. If General Duke and his ships don't keep them away until it's too late for a rescue..."
Old 08-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
Sixx looks over his rifle, checking the ammo cartridge before replacing it. The Void Runner. Where is that damn ship? He pulls a carton of cigarettes out his pocket and throws it down in disgust as he realizes it's weightlessness. Turning towards the man with the accent he asks, Got a smoke?

Smoke? We've been hit, Captain! The vulture pilot speaks lunacy and continues to refer to Yves as Captain. We should be moving. Time for liftoff, let's go. He begins to mumble more nonsense.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:03 PM
memento vivi

Tools
User Statistics
reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision
Yves cracks a smile. Captain indeed. "My first mate is right. We should get going." The pilot seriously doubts the makeshift handheld will be able to reach the Void Runner, but he tries anyway.

"Void Runner, do you read us? This is, ah...Sergeant Major Cook's squad." There is only the hiss of static as the Rock awaits a response, should one be coming.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
Yves' doubts do not hold true has a voice crackles through the transmitter. This is... Void Runner. ...barely hear... Are... a ham radio? There is chopped up laughter.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:04 PM
memento vivi

Tools
User Statistics
"Yes, ha, ha," Yves replies dryly. "Current location is Backwater Station. Requesting immediate evac. Repeat: requesting immediate evac." He looks around before speaking back into the radio. "We have some civilians and militia with us."