Game Thread Rebel Yell - Page 13 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > D20 Modern > Starcraft: Void Runners > Game Threads
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #181  
Old 08-03-2010, 09:54 AM
goplayer7's Avatar
goplayer7 goplayer7 is offline
囲碁選手七
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-24-2020
RPXP: 8459
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Posts: 17,972
Saipo puts his hands up is the air, "No need to shoot now."
  #182  
Old 08-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Ulfgar Bloodcrier's Avatar
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier is offline
Crier of Blood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-09-2017
RPXP: 650
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
Posts: 2,256
Before Cook can can even react, the militia member draws out his shotgun as Shei lowers her guard. The sound of the gyro-mechanic speed loader in the shotgun can be heard. Everyone in the room is looking at you. They're Sons of Korhal, boys! Take 'em!

Suddenly the lights to the factory flicker on. It seems the structure was not in a complete state of disrepair as glowing lights on the catwalks illuminate more militia members aiming down at you. A computer flickers to life in the corner and an adjutant speaks. Factory floor breached. There is a beeping. Activating automated defense systems. There is another beeping before a ballpoint turret with a ring of lights around it's base comes to life. It hangs from the ceiling and aims at the group.

It appears you've walked into an ambush after all.

MechanicsRoll initiative

Last edited by Ulfgar Bloodcrier; 08-03-2010 at 10:57 AM.
  #183  
Old 08-03-2010, 10:32 AM
goplayer7's Avatar
goplayer7 goplayer7 is offline
囲碁選手七
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-24-2020
RPXP: 8459
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Posts: 17,972
Initiative:
Dice Initiative:
d20+1 (20)+1 Total = 21
(21)

Saipo ducks underneath the conveyor belt and crouches. "They are in the catwalk... that means they can only have a steep angle of shooting... that means less chance of being hit. Good call getting here."

Last edited by goplayer7; 08-03-2010 at 10:33 AM.
  #184  
Old 08-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Felyx Zephyr's Avatar
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr is offline
fond of meat nuggets
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-09-2017
RPXP: 3812
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr
Posts: 4,768
DAMNIT! NOT AGAIN!!! Shei's rage flares as she realizes that it is her fault AGAIN. she draws her guns again and
Dice Glock:
1d20+2 (4)+2 Total = 6
Dice Roll:
2d6 2, 2 Total = 4
fires them
Dice Baretta:
1d20+1 (16)+1 Total = 17
Dice Roll:
2d6 4, 5 Total = 9
both at the leader.
__________________
My potions are too strong for you, traveller
  #185  
Old 08-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Outcast's Avatar
Outcast Outcast is offline
Antiquated Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-29-2015
RPXP: 1348
Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast
Posts: 1,256
Dammit!

As she throws herself into the best cover she can find, Catelyn whimpers fearfully. But upon landing she tries shouting - counting on the acoustics of the large chamber to help to carry her words.

"We're Saran! We're not the problem! Damn it, stop shooting each other! There's far worse out there!"
__________________
He who does not stand firm on principles and has neither wide knowledge nor penetrating judgment is not worthy to be a companion ~~ Mo Tzu
PotM winner for May 2012, somehow!
  #186  
Old 08-03-2010, 07:26 PM
reivision's Avatar
reivision reivision is offline
memento vivi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-26-2020
RPXP: 5985
reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision
Posts: 3,082
Yves | AC:15 | HP: 8

Initiative Roll
Dice Initiative:
1d20+3 (2)+3 Total = 5
Roll

The face of the rookie pilot registers no surprise; only the Rock's eyes harden and a vein twitches in his jaw as his sidearm sweeps across. Staring down the barrel of the leader's shotgun, he
Dice Attack:
1d20+3 (11)+3 Total = 14
Dice Damage:
2d6 6, 3 Total = 9
fires.

Not waiting to see if his strike connects, Yves drops low and Move Action: 40 feetruns towards the exit, grabbing the unattended gun from where it lies. Can't get trapped. Have to stay mobile. "Come on!" he shouts at the others, who seem to think that what little cover there is on the low ground inside will be sufficient. They wouldn't set up an ambush here if it granted us a defensible position... If he makes it, Yves will hold it open for the others, covering their retreat as he can. Not much cover outside, but it's sure as hell better than being shot at from higher ground.
__________________

Learn good posting style! | Amy's Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Learn to write good applications! | Aeternis' Guide to BAD-ASS Applications

Last edited by reivision; 08-03-2010 at 09:30 PM.
  #187  
Old 08-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Reeshan's Avatar
Reeshan Reeshan is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-08-2019
RPXP: 346
Reeshan Reeshan Reeshan Reeshan
Posts: 768
Mark McHamon | AC 18 | HP 9

Initiative
Dice Initiative:
1d20+3 (2)+3 Total = 5
Roll


I knew it! Mark has his gun ready and he runs quickly to a good cover nearby. His wound is burning because of the rapid movement but he doesn't care. Show your weakness to the opponent and they will strike you down.

As he dives to his cover Mark takes full defense and glances at the battlefield from his position looking for the best target to shoot at.
__________________
Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them.
- Samuel Palmer
  #188  
Old 08-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Ulfgar Bloodcrier's Avatar
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier is offline
Crier of Blood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-09-2017
RPXP: 650
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
Posts: 2,256
Round 1

As soon as he hears what the adjutant said, Saipo dives under one of the conveyor belts. Sixx draws his impaler and aims at one of the men on the catwalk. Orders?! Catelyn hides behind one of the machines and pleads that shooting doesn't commence. Shei fires her guns at the man in front of her. The beretta fires true, sinking a bullet into the man's forehead.

Cook shouts, Cease fire dammit! She draws her sidearm and ducks behind the same machine as Catelyn. Think you can disable that turret? The Mar Saran Militia opens fire. There are about seven of them on the catwalks. Two do not fire. Hear that? They're Saran! Don't shoot! Bullets pepper around the ground troops. Most of it is from small arms, but one man has an assault rifle.

Yves spins and with a quick burst up at one of the men (it misses), he bolts for the exit. Having made it outside, he holds open the door. Mark takes cover behind one of the machines. He has an easy sight on the man with the assault rifle, who is firing at someone else. Angelo runs out with Yves.

 

Last edited by Ulfgar Bloodcrier; 08-05-2010 at 11:09 AM.
  #189  
Old 08-05-2010, 08:57 AM
goplayer7's Avatar
goplayer7 goplayer7 is offline
囲碁選手七
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-24-2020
RPXP: 8459
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Posts: 17,972
Saipo Takahashi | AC:11 | HP: 7

Hearing the order not to shoot, Saipo waits for the instinctive firing to end and then he peaks out from under the conveyor belt. "Ok, lets take this slowly... What is the reason you decided to fire on us?"

Diplomacy:
Dice Diplomacy:
d20+1 (10)+1 Total = 11
(11)
  #190  
Old 08-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Reeshan's Avatar
Reeshan Reeshan is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-08-2019
RPXP: 346
Reeshan Reeshan Reeshan Reeshan
Posts: 768
Mark follows orders as always and he is happy that he didn't decide to open fire. He remains in his cover letting the others do the talking and watches at the others closely trying to find any reason to use his Impaler against them.
__________________
Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them.
- Samuel Palmer
  #191  
Old 08-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Outcast's Avatar
Outcast Outcast is offline
Antiquated Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-29-2015
RPXP: 1348
Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast
Posts: 1,256
"Probably because we're dressed as outlaws!", Catelyn snaps, fear making her rather more tetchy (and assertive) than usual.

She does, however, hastily turn her attention back to the Mar Saran militiamen.

"Whoever we are, we've all got far bigger problems than each other. There's another power in the system. Ships, like no designs I've ever seen, showed up and bombarded Chau Sara. We're at war with some outside threat - but the military high-ups want to keep it quiet! There's a fleet out there blowing the crap out of planets - and it's in this system with us!"
__________________
He who does not stand firm on principles and has neither wide knowledge nor penetrating judgment is not worthy to be a companion ~~ Mo Tzu
PotM winner for May 2012, somehow!
  #192  
Old 08-05-2010, 08:59 PM
reivision's Avatar
reivision reivision is offline
memento vivi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-26-2020
RPXP: 5985
reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision
Posts: 3,082
Standing in the doorway, Yves scans the surroundings for any available cover. He notes an approaching dust cloud with something approaching apprehension, then his eyes widen as he and Angelo see what is kicking it up.

Sensing that the gunfire inside has temporarily ceased, he ducks his head inside, calling out, "Sergeant? We got a large company coming in hot. I'm seeing bikes, walkers, a full platoon..." Checking again before continuing, he adds, "...probably Confederates."
__________________

Learn good posting style! | Amy's Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Learn to write good applications! | Aeternis' Guide to BAD-ASS Applications

Last edited by reivision; 08-05-2010 at 09:00 PM.
  #193  
Old 08-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Felyx Zephyr's Avatar
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr is offline
fond of meat nuggets
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-09-2017
RPXP: 3812
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr
Posts: 4,768
Shei HP 10 Def 18

Shei spins around the doorway again. Dammit... There is nothing we can do if we have to hold our fire... Shei looks around the room, trying to figure out what to do next. The Lieu- Sergeant couldn't have them holding their fire long, they'd be torn to pieces!
__________________
My potions are too strong for you, traveller

Last edited by Felyx Zephyr; 08-05-2010 at 11:12 PM.
  #194  
Old 08-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Ulfgar Bloodcrier's Avatar
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier is offline
Crier of Blood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-09-2017
RPXP: 650
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
Posts: 2,256
The militia men seem unsure of what to do. They cease firing nonetheless. We...we were ordered to fire on any rebels or xenomorphs. He looks at Catelyn when he says the last word. Of course we know about Chau Sara. Thats why we're out here anyway. General Duke himself ordered the colonists into the wastelands. The man who speaks is the one with the assault rifle. He gestures to the corpse. You...killed Officer Dalton.

Cook listens quietly to the man. Her eyes glaze over. Then she turns to Yves. She walks briskly to the doorway, observes the large Confederate force and then returns to the factory. We can't outrun vultures and power armor. She speaks to Yves and Angelo.

The adjutant beeps as she detects a halt in aggression. The auto-turret returns to it's storage position.

 
  #195  
Old 08-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Felyx Zephyr's Avatar
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr is offline
fond of meat nuggets
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-09-2017
RPXP: 3812
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr
Posts: 4,768
Zenomorphs? Shei tentatively sheathes her guns.
__________________
My potions are too strong for you, traveller
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB