RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old May 12th, 2019, 10:10 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27121
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by MundayKnight View Post
Weird question but any way I could get a weapon enchantment for resizing? Easier than having a half dozen man catchers and nets.
You could use the Sizing weapon property from 3.5. It's in MIC, I believe.
Status: I find myself with little time or motivation to continue my games. I yearn to find reserves of both to continue but alas I cannot continue. Hopefully I return some day. I wish everyone the best.
Old May 12th, 2019, 11:22 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13197
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Would it be allowed for just the size of the end of the weapon since it will be handled by the same person?
Old May 13th, 2019, 12:22 AM
Stingy Black Mage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1687
loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic
Resizing is the current size adaptive ability mod. Use that over any 3.5 ed.
Edit: Devs have done pretty well to minimize the chance anyone can wield a colossal weapon through shenanigans. Closest options I know of, involve using Titan Fighter archetype and combining that with Lead Blades, and enlarge or Monstrous Physique.

Last edited by loganic; May 13th, 2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old May 13th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13197
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Oh not trying to cheese damage die, more than happy with my 1d2, man catchers just have to have their heads specialized by size so having a resizing head rather than an individual pole for each size category is infinitely less book keeping. Or approximately 1/8th. Whichever you prefer.
Old May 13th, 2019, 11:22 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
@Leo: Any thoughts on importing the Twilight armor enchantment from BoED/PHBII? Pathfinder has it's own ways to reduce arcane spell failure chance beyond just wearing mithral but they're more limited and a bit feat intensive.

Writing a battle mage, btw, and real armor and shields are just more effective than mage armor and more convenient than shield.
Old May 14th, 2019, 12:11 AM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15386
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
@DukeofTuring - Though I saw you mentioned you were mulling the idea of going Sage bloodline with Sorcerer if you are looking for an easy way to cast in heavy armor you could always take the Psychic Bloodline to make all your sorcerer spells count as psionic and thus no longer require verbal or somatic components. Just thought I'd throw it out there in case it helps. Admittedly you would still need to acquire proficiency somehow unless you did not care about the non-proficient penalties.

Last edited by Eviltedzies; May 14th, 2019 at 12:17 AM.
Old May 14th, 2019, 04:31 AM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofTuring View Post
@Leo: Any thoughts on importing the Twilight armor enchantment from BoED/PHBII? Pathfinder has it's own ways to reduce arcane spell failure chance beyond just wearing mithral but they're more limited and a bit feat intensive.

Writing a battle mage, btw, and real armor and shields are just more effective than mage armor and more convenient than shield.
Seems fine to me.
Status: I find myself with little time or motivation to continue my games. I yearn to find reserves of both to continue but alas I cannot continue. Hopefully I return some day. I wish everyone the best.
Old May 14th, 2019, 06:39 PM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
Application Withdrawn

Last edited by Eviltedzies; May 23rd, 2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old May 14th, 2019, 06:39 PM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
Application Complete
Old May 15th, 2019, 01:06 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltedzies View Post
@DukeofTuring - Though I saw you mentioned you were mulling the idea of going Sage bloodline with Sorcerer if you are looking for an easy way to cast in heavy armor you could always take the Psychic Bloodline to make all your sorcerer spells count as psionic and thus no longer require verbal or somatic components. Just thought I'd throw it out there in case it helps. Admittedly you would still need to acquire proficiency somehow unless you did not care about the non-proficient penalties.
Huh, didn't even think of that. I've never been a fan of psionics in general, but free still and silent spellcasting seems like a pretty good deal
Old May 15th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3902
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
This is gonna be a hard choice to make when the time comes LeoByron. Every app i have read is awesome in its own way.
Old May 15th, 2019, 01:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1398
RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild
Is this game still open to apply?
Old May 15th, 2019, 01:42 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacesWild View Post
Is this game still open to apply?
Deadline for applications is June 1st so 2 weeks left!
Old May 16th, 2019, 09:40 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
@Leo:
*How common are psionic casters in this setting compared to other casters? Is this kind of a "available to pcs, but the rest of the world doesn't bother with it" sort of thing?
*Would a sorcerer with the psionic bloodline have psicraft and use psionic device as class skills instead of their magic equivalents?
*If you're wary of Pages of Spell Knowledge then how do you feel about the human alternate favored class bonus for sorcerers?

Last edited by DukeofTuring; May 16th, 2019 at 09:40 PM.
Old May 16th, 2019, 09:58 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofTuring View Post
@Leo:
*How common are psionic casters in this setting compared to other casters? Is this kind of a "available to pcs, but the rest of the world doesn't bother with it" sort of thing?
Psionics are significantly less common than arcane magic though some have posited that the Overseers draw their power from psionic or psychic sources. (which would make them fairly common in a sense if this were the case)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofTuring
*Would a sorcerer with the psionic bloodline have psicraft and use psionic device as class skills instead of their magic equivalents?
No since they are still Arcane Casters who happen to draw on some psionic potential in the form of bonus spells. I assume it would state such in the bloodline description if this were intended to be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofTuring
*If you're wary of Pages of Spell Knowledge then how do you feel about the human alternate favored class bonus for sorcerers?
The Human alternate FCB is fine. I put a cap on spell pages merely to avoid someone dumping their entire noble wealth into hoarding known spells. Some additional spells known is fine.

Last edited by LeoByron; May 16th, 2019 at 09:59 PM.