Shadowrun A Light Shining in Darkness - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jan 21st, 2019, 03:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4249
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
Applications are closed!

Congratulations to Silk, AlphaZ, Trinity, Runetide, GleefulNihilism, and Kerchunk! You should all have a PM with a link.

Last edited by RainyDayNinja; Jan 21st, 2019 at 03:39 PM.
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 03:45 PM
The Good Doktor
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30029
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Woot!
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 03:48 PM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23196
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Have fun all! Go runners!
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 03:57 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9951
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Yay!
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 05:42 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10832
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Darn. Well good luck to the winners.
Old May 12th, 2019, 07:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
Our decker has disappeared, so we're looking for a replacement quick! Apply with a completed character sheet to claim the slot!
Old May 15th, 2019, 10:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Still looking for a decker on short notice!
Old May 15th, 2019, 10:15 PM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19052
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
I resisted the urge to apply when this game first went up. I am currently resisting putting together a decker ...
Old May 17th, 2019, 07:55 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roekahs View Post
I resisted the urge to apply when this game first went up. I am currently resisting putting together a decker ...
You're the only one to express interest so far, so if you can throw together a character (or grab a pregen; I have a couple), you've got the spot. I can help out with any questions you may have on how decking works.
Old May 28th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5266
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Has the decker slot already been filled? I know it’s already been two weeks since the bat signal was lit for one.
Old May 28th, 2019, 11:43 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Nope, not yet. Post or PM me a quick application and you're as good as in.
Old May 28th, 2019, 11:50 AM
Not-So-Great Old One

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3880
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
A New Challenger has Entered the Arena!

Runner Name/Real Name: Death Otter
Metatype: Human
Role: Technomancer
Build: Attributes: A, Skills B, Resonance C, Metatype D, Resources E
Sheet

Appearance:
Backstory:
The girl who would be an otter heard the Matrix in her head from when she was young. There was no big epiphany, no sudden burst of insight...it was just there. When she was little, it was like a constant babble in a language she couldn't speak. Distracting. It didn't interfere with her hearing, but it definitely messed with her ability to concentrate on things. She had a hard time in school, had a hard time with people. It wasn't until later, when she managed to afford a commlink, that the 'noise' started to make sense. She could reference what she was sensing to what the commlink was showing her. Her folks were simple people, scraping to get by. They had no idea what to do when their daughter told them what was going on, so they...ignored it.

Meanwhile, the girl was living two lives. In one life she was a shy, quiet thing who skulked to avoid notice and lived in fear of the big bad dangerous world. In the other, she was loud and proud, learning good lessons and bad from the sum total knowledge of all metahumanity. She was learning as well that knowledge was power, and that the Matrix wasn't just data for her. In her hands it could be something more.

You can't live with that in your head all the time, and not go a little crazy. In the land of the blind...yadda yadda...

At some point though, her parents started asking friends for advice. And at some point, those questions filtered on down to someone they shouldn't have. A 'technomancer' is hot property for some corps, especially an impressionable young one. When a retrieval team showed up at her apartment she wasn't home. Her folks were, but they didn't know where she was...which didn't go great for them when questioned. The girl herself had a ringside seat though, through the RFID cameras she'd put up around the place when fooling around, testing her abilities.

The girl wanted to go back, show herself, save her parents by letting them take her. The other self...the Matrix self...knew that nothing would save her parents. They'd always be either points of leverage, or liabilities. Turning herself in would accomplish nothing.

So Death Otter killed the girl to save herself. Ate her. There was no more shy, fragile thing who liked doodling in the margins and flinched when someone raised their voice. There was just the loud, the obnoxious, the devil-may-care, the troll-god in the making.

Role-Play Sample:
"Nothiiiiiiing really maaaaaaaatters to meeeeeeeee," singsongs a voice from the spot in the train where the sounds of someone flopping around had just a moment before been coming from. Then a giggle.

"Aww...that was good times. Chummers. Chumchums. Chum in a drum. HEY!"

Death Otter turned off the chameleon surface of her suit, and came back into easy view, pixellating, then resolving. She pulled the head-covering hood back and rubbed a finger under her nose, scrubbing the little smear of blood away. Death Otter was a skinny girl without much in the way of curves, fair and freckled skin on her face, and hair a wild poof of dyed pinkish-purple on top of her head.

"So...train's on course for the," she waggled a hand towards the front of the car. "...the next station. Somethingsomething avenue." Abruptly affecting a very clearly fake British accent she added, "Brimsby, bring the car 'round.' I do so love a drive 'round the park in springtime."

Just as fast Otter droppped the fake accent and stood up off the floor, moving in pained little jerks as she eased back into a body that had been sitting in an awkward position a bit too long.

"So, last I checked in, y'all were getting shot at!" she said brightly, "How'd THAT go?"

While waiting the MILLION YEARS (apprx) it took meatbodies to answer her, Death Otter completed the 'reboot' of her...her head? She guessed? It was hard to explain. A shock like that sort of numbed the part of her brain that could touch the Matrix. A little gingerly, she 'listened' to it again, and the various tags and filters and overlays of Augmented Reality started coming up again.

And the adverts. Oh yay, back on the Pubic Grid. Well, it was better than nothing. Even a few seconds offline made her skin start to itch.

Last edited by SalmonMax; May 28th, 2019 at 12:26 PM.
Old May 28th, 2019, 12:48 PM
Not-So-Great Old One

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3880
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Ack...I just read back to the most recent couple of posts, and realize now that submitting a character here is arguably a bit dickish, and looks like I'm trying to steal it from Hiruma.

Sorry about that. I'll withdraw the app.
Old May 29th, 2019, 02:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The decker position has been filled.
Old May 29th, 2019, 03:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5266
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Ah well. I gotta be quicker on the draw next time. Was almost done, but thanks for considering me.