Other Puella Magi: How long until Walpurgisnacht? - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old May 17th, 2019, 09:10 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29934
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Puella Magi: Modoka Magica

Game NamePuella Magi: How long until Walpurgisnacht?
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemePuella Magi Modoka Magica
FlavourDeconstructing Magical Girls; Moe; It's not as cute as it looks
Plot Summary“Do you want to make a contract?”

The thing blinks at you with its seemingly permanent little grin. Its voice is chipper and friendly, though its mouth never once moves as it speaks. It looks a cross between a rabbit and a cat and something else altogether, something you can’t quite put your finger on. Its eyes shine with a ruby glow that is at once beautiful and cold. It almost looks like it could be a toy, if it weren’t for the fact that it was walking around and speaking right at you. You can’t decide if you think it’s absolutely adorable or absolutely terrifying.

“ A contract, ” it says again. “For you anything could ever wish for, in exchange for your services.”

Anything? It seems too good to be true, but that’s what the creature has been offering from the very beginning, a single wish granted, whatever one could desire, and in exchange you become…A Magical Girl. Yes, that’s what it said. Just like in anime. There are things called witches sprouting up all over, and only girls gifted with extraordinary strength and abilities can stop them. A thrilling, dangerous, life. An impossible life. Yet with what you’ve seen from this creature, you can’t help but believe it might not be as impossible as you once thought. And in exchange for this wondrous, fantastical responsibility, this important role in defending the world from the scourge of the Witches, you have been offered a single wish. A deal.

A contract.

“ Everyone has something that they want,” the creature says. “ Don’t you?”

The question is what do you want? To be powerful? To be rich, and famous, and respected? Or do you crave peace, stability, the loving embrace of another at your side that you’ve lacked for so long? Is your wish perhaps not for yourself, but for someone else? Your family? Your friends? Your enemies? There are so many opportunities, so many possibilities. You think on your past, your present, your future. Everyone has something that they want. Don’t you?

“I do,” you say. As you reach out your hand and speak your wish, you wonder if this really is too good to be true. You have no time to think, however, no time to do anything but feel the sudden surge of heat rushing through your body. It is like nothing you’ve ever experienced before. It feels like a flood of strength and knowledge and power hitting you all at once.

It feels like magic.

About This Game
This game is based on the Anime Series Puella Magi Modoka Magica. Players will take on the role of a magical girl in that series. You do not need to have seen the series to play. All you really need to know is that your are playing a magical girl one who does not know that the ultimate destiny of Magical Girls was to become Witches. The very wish that spreads the hope of a Magical Girl corrupted into a curse of despair to reign upon the world. Witches feed on the magical energy of humans to sustain themselves by luring victims into their Labyrinth to die. It is the duty of a Magical Girl to fight Witches and keep humanity (as well as themselves) safe.

There is a free ruleset we will be using, but I am not posting it here quite yet. If you have seen the ruleset please try not to metagame it is very important that people create characters without knowing everything about what powers a wish gives their character.

Additionally this Game has a Hard Beginning and Hard Ending. It starts a month before the Anime Series begins and Ends after Walpurgisnacht two months later. In your role as a magical girl you will fight witches and attempt to survive until Walpurgisnacht comes. Once that happens the game is over. So that is approximately 30 weeks of total game time.

In order to bring a sense of realism and the passage of time this game will have two main Threads

- One thread will be the Major Activities thread. It is in this thread that time will pass and Each major post from the DM will be a portion of a day. E.G. Morning - Afternoon - Night. The DM will post in this thread on Monday and Wednesday. Once that post happens and you've decided your actions or neglected to decide your actions the day passes and the next comes until we reach Walpurgisnacht. That means this game will take up roughly thirty weeks from start to end.

On any given day your character will be able to perform the following major actions
- Go to school (Characters below 18 must attend school) takes up all morning and 1/3 the afternoon
- Hunt witches (takes up 1/3 of a morning, afternoon, or night
- Patrol Territory (takes up 1/3 of a morning, afternoon, or night
- Team meeting (free)
- Rest and Relax (takes up 1/3 of a morning, afternoon, or night)

Example:
Tuesday June 13
Morning - Go to school
Afternoon - Go to school, hunt witches, patrol territory
Night - Hunt witches, patrol territory, team meeting, sleep

- The second Thread will be the Minor Activities thread it is here where your characters will interact with each other, fight witches, fight other magical girls etc. What happens in this thread will be highly dependent on your characters decisions as to what they do in the Major Activities thread.

The Object of this game is to create a Magical girl and Survive with her until Walpurgisnacht. The difficulty achieving that goal is pretty clear there are witches, other magical girls, and self destruction that you will need to maneuver through.

Character Creation:
Name: Your Character's Name
Appearance: What your character looks like. text here is important, but you may include a picture if you like
Race: Human
Ethnicity: Any
Background: What is your character like. Why would they be willing to make a wish.
Wish: At the heart of every Magical Girl is a contract, and at the heart of a contract is a wish. Character creation starts by selecting the wish your character made in order to become a Magical Girl. Your wish determines what abilities and magic you have access to within the game. Each category of wish carries with it a set selection of weapons and magics you can have as well as certain bonuses innate to the type of wish.
Quirk: Decide on a Quirk that makes your character unique

Once you have finished this portion of character creation let me know here or via pm and I will determine what sort of magical girl you are based on your wish. Once that happens you will get a chance to choose the following from a list I will provide:
- Magical Weapon Type
- Preferred Spell Category
- Magical Abilities

Additionally I will provide the link for the Free roleplaying game. You can decide to finish making the character from there or wait until you have been chosen as a player in this game.

Answers to Questions
Where does the game take place: Sapporo in Japan

What is the drawback for playing as an adult? 18-20? You'll need some way to make money and pay bills or you can be a University Student and get an allowance.

Does the game have a PvP focus? PvP will not be a focus. Player characters might fight, but it is more likely that your group will fight NPC magical girls.

Can I play a boy? Yes, but the wish will turn them into a girl. However, no one will notice the change unless they too have some magical ability.

How long have we been magical girls? You have just had your wish granted. An adorable fox/weasel/cat creature named Kyubey has granted your wish and can provide some assistance with your magical girl duties.

When does the wish take effect? Immediately. When you become a magical girl your wish is granted then and there.

How many players will you accept? I think 5 will be my max.

Deadline
The Deadline for this game is Currently June 15, 2019

Last edited by Ysolde; May 24th, 2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old May 17th, 2019, 12:12 PM
+1d6

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6517
sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard
Hmmm... I'm tempted to apply a magical girl who is also a Monty Python geek. Controlling space time would be nice but I fear it might send to a spiral of depression(and a sudden Male Voiceover)

Last edited by sneakybastard; May 17th, 2019 at 12:13 PM.
Old May 17th, 2019, 12:38 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2602
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
HNNNNNNN IF ONLY I WATCHED MADOKA MAGIKA. I do love the author though, he made me all time favorite season of Kamen Rider
Old May 17th, 2019, 12:41 PM
+1d6

Tools
User Statistics
sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
HNNNNNNN IF ONLY I WATCHED MADOKA MAGIKA. I do love the author though, he made me all time favorite season of Kamen Rider
There's a 30 sec version of it if you don't have much time...
Old May 17th, 2019, 01:00 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakybastard View Post
Hmmm... I'm tempted to apply a magical girl who is also a Monty Python geek. Controlling space time would be nice but I fear it might send to a spiral of depression(and a sudden Male Voiceover)
Voice Over: There will now be a short intermission.

Voice Over: There will now be a medium-sized intermission. Same music, same speed, slightly longer.

Voice Over: There will now be a whopping great intermission, during which small ice creams in very large boxes will be sold. Another way we can drive people away from the cinema is by showing you advertisements.

Last edited by Ysolde; May 17th, 2019 at 01:01 PM.
Old May 18th, 2019, 01:46 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 457
Boomy Boomy Boomy Boomy Boomy
A couple of questions:

Where does the game take place? I assume Germany?

What is the drawback for playing as an adult? Do they have to get a job and pay their bills? Are all adult players university students?

Does the game have a PvP focus? Sounds a bit like it, unless by other magicals you mean NPCs, or is the final event on the last day a battle royale?
Old May 18th, 2019, 01:57 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Note: all questions and answers will be incorporated into the advert.

Where does the game take place: Sapporo in Japan

What is the drawback for playing as an adult? 18-20? You'll need some way to make money and pay bills or you can be a University Student and get an allowance.

Does the game have a PvP focus? PvP will not be a focus. Player characters might fight, but it is more likely that your group will fight NPC magical girls.

Can I play a boy? Yes, but the wish will turn them into a girl. However, no one will notice the change unless they too have some magical ability.
Old May 18th, 2019, 05:21 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
NameHana Onoda

AppearanceA bit taller than other girls her age. Seems a bit boyish due to her short hair. Often shows a bored face but her impeccable posture and well-kept clothes provide an aura of maturity and seriousness.
Age: 15 (If allowed I will be interested in changing that to be in the same class as other player characters).
Race: Human
Ethnicity: Japanese

Background
left-aligned image
Hana’s family works as firework technicians and sellers. They mostly work during holidays and festivals, with occasional shows in-between. During the season they make very good money, but outside of it money can be a little tough.

To stay true to her family’s past, she tries to prove herself academically, putting a lot of work behind her high grades and reasonable success in sports, though she never participates in events that aren’t mandatory.

Quirk
Himedere: Hana thinks that she and her close friends are naturally superior to anyone else, and that the Japanese are superior to Gaijins. She’s not malicious in her opinions and wouldn’t hurt anyone for no reason, but tends to be inconsiderate and rarely feels obligated to help someone she doesn’t find to be on her difficult to reach level.
As mentioned earlier, she’s also somewhat lazy, not taking part in things that she doesn’t have to, be it school clubs or academic contests. Instead, she assumes there’s no need to prove her superiority. She also finds herself flustered whenever she has to admit to failing at something.

Magical Weapon TypeHandguns, various, depending on occasion. She keeps her favorite a secret.

Preferred Spell CategoryRibbons

Magical AbilitiesRibbon Walkway

Last edited by Boomy; May 22nd, 2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old May 20th, 2019, 12:49 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Ysolde; May 20th, 2019 at 12:50 PM.
Old May 20th, 2019, 01:09 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Old May 20th, 2019, 03:24 PM
+1d6

Tools
User Statistics
Application of Eternally Looping Despair and Partially Recyclable Gloom ver 2.6
right-aligned image
Name: Aina Voronina
Ethnicity: Japanese/Russian
Appearance: Aina stands out among her peers because of her foreign features. She is often the butt of the exchange student trope even though she's Japanese born. She often wears dark colors with matching stockings and gloves. She wears a ponytail along with her signature hachimaki giving off a stoic and cold demeanor.

Personality: She occasionally mixes in some Russian words in her dialogue. She has a one track mind - determined to excel in things she's interested in but average in everything else.

Background: Aina was born of Russian immigrant family that owns a Ramen-ya shop with a signature dish of miso and tomato ramen. Their house is characteristically small for the neighborhood with their shop just in front. Her father is a pretty large man so people call him "Kuma-san". Consequently, Aina's nickname became "Koguma-chan". Unfortunately, hard times had befell their family and her father is under enormous pressure to pay their debts.

Aina attends Sapporo's Naval High School with the intention of enlisting in the navy some day. While most of her grades are bang on average, she excels on math and physics.

Wish: Aina grew up with hardworking parents and nothing more would please her than to wish their efforts be fruitful - she wished that their Ramen-ya store will gain renown for their unique flavor instead of being in debt to lone sharks.

Quirk: Time Magic: Time Magic is immediately added as a bonus preferred spell category. However due to your constant traveling you add 2 years onto whatever age you were going to start at, as well as 10 corruption. You also have to adapt your personality to a certain degree in order to deal with all of the realities that might have been or that you have witnessed and never came to pass.

Magical Weapon: Handguns - Aina's primary weapon is a Beretta 92G Compact with threaded barrel.

Preferred Magical Category: Time Magic - Aina is a perfectionist on the things she cares about. She does "simulations" until she can land every shot perfectly all the time.

Magical Abilities: RESET! Rewind! Fast Forward!

Last edited by sneakybastard; May 21st, 2019 at 11:45 AM.
Old May 20th, 2019, 04:37 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
@Sneaky - What is her wish?

Last edited by Ysolde; May 20th, 2019 at 04:44 PM.
Old May 21st, 2019, 01:04 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Old May 21st, 2019, 07:25 AM
+1d6

Tools
User Statistics
Ok I'm done

and yes, she looks like a detective with her magical girl costume
Old May 21st, 2019, 09:00 AM
Always The Kawaii Addict

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12044
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
Definitely interested Have a preliminary application for now.

Name: TK Momomiya

Appearance: TK tends to stand out amongst most Japanese girls, not the least of which is the fact that she tends to put very little stock in her appearance – her black hair is often pulled into an untidy ponytail with one of several well-worn elastics she carries wrapped around her left wrist, above a chunky digital watch. Violet eyes that are usually squinting in concentration when she deals with anything mechanical or else half-lidded any other time peek out from an often-grease stained face. When at work, she is usually found wearing a pair of blue overalls, either zipped up completely to the top if she’s currently working on something, or else with the top pushed down to her hips and tied in a knot when on break, revealing that the mechanically-gifted girl favours very loose-fitting tank tops or t-shirts. In addition, when there are no adults around, TK is usually found with a cigarette clamped between her lips, hand-rolled and with a very distinctive, fragrant smell that lingers around.

Ethnicity: Japanese

Background: Coming soon!

Wish: ”…Happiness. Everyone I love, I want them to be happy.”

Weapon: Katana

Magic: Healing

Quirk: "Don't worry, nee-sama's here!" TK has been looking out for her little sister since the day she was born, and this has become almost instinctual when around other girls of her sister's age.
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some higher principles in his nature, which interests him in the fortune of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it, except the pleasure of seeing it." - Adam Smith

Last edited by DoubleL1987; May 23rd, 2019 at 03:00 AM.