Shadowrun A Light Shining in Darkness - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jan 14th, 2019, 02:10 PM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23196
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDayNinja View Post
If there's anyone else thinking about applying, note that we have ZERO riggers applied so far
What about Clutch?
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 02:13 PM
The Good Doktor
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30029
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Indeed. Pat thinks he can face, but he’s essentially a Bioware Sammy.
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 02:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4249
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngainlyFool View Post
What about Clutch?
I thought you were just driving. Are you doing drones too?
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 02:33 PM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
My app is for Shep (Troll Adept). I was just going off of your application table. Looking at Clutch, he is a driver though.

I like Shep, but I can make a Face or Mage if you need those choices (and if you already don't like Shep. )

Last edited by UngainlyFool; Jan 14th, 2019 at 02:37 PM.
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 02:39 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngainlyFool View Post
My app is for Shep (Troll Adept). I was just going off of your application table. Looking at Clutch, he is a driver though.

I like Shep, but I can make a Face or Mage if you need those choices (and if you already don't like Shep. )
D'oh! No, Shep is fine! I don't see rigger as an essential role, anyway. But I think Clutch is more of a mestspace wheelman.
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6165
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
I wouldn’t worry about competing with Clutch, if you got a good idea run with it, plenty of room for competition, and nothing says Clutch is in. Your adept might fit the story better, more power to him if he does. Not every campaign has room for high level SINners.

Listen, I’m gonna be honest. BG3 has taken over my life, still updating as fast as I can.

Last edited by Mrjoegangles; Jan 14th, 2019 at 03:05 PM.
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 03:23 PM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
I just hope Clutch has a big van with a beefed up suspension if we both get in.
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 08:29 PM
The Good Doktor
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30029
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 08:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 06:30 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Deadline is coming up Monday, so if anyone else is thinking of applying, now's the time!
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 09:15 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23344
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
"I resisted for 11 days!!! But I can resist no more! Here is my application."

Character Application
right-aligned image
  • Runner Name/Real Name: Mau/Morgana Lynch
  • Metatype: Human (Female)
  • Role: Bounty Hunter
  • Build: Priority-Built: Metatype (Edge 3E), Attributes (Body 5, Agility 6, Reaction 5, Strength 3, Charisma 2, Intuition 5, Logic 2, Willpower 4A), Magic (Adept: Magic 2D), Skills (36/5B), Resources (140,000 nuyenC).
  • Special: Magic: Down from 2 due to augmentations.1, Essence: Down from 6 due to augmentations.5.05, Adept Powers: Enhanced Accuracy (Automatics), Attribute Boost (Agility) [R1], and Pain Resistance [R1].1 PP, and Bioware: Orthoskin [R3], Cat's Eyes, and Sleep Regulator.3.

Appearance:
Mau is a brunette of average looks. Her cat's eyes tend to bother some people and glow even in dim light. She keeps her hair reasonably short but fashionable enough in case she has to look the part for a job. Mau has a ruddy tanned skin tone, and her clothes are of the used quality. She has taken to wearing a Hijab to hide her features from observation while out and about town. She only carries weapons that are deemed legal, or legal if you have a license. Mau also wears armor every day due to the dangers of simply walking around her neighborhood.

Backstory:
Morgana Lynch is from an expansive family of magic users that is quite influential. It helps their influence that eighty percent of the family has magical abilities of some sort. Morgana's family branch is in disgrace for only producing a few magic users, and those they do produce like Morgana are of sub-par quality. While the majority of the Lynch family work for Saeder-Krupp Heavy Industries and it's subsidiaries. You can find at least one Lynch of magical progeny working for any AAA-rated corporation. Morgana's parents were both unmagical and shunned from the rest of the family until their daughter started showing signs of magical potential. But during a bombing when she was young, Morgana lost both of her eyes from glass shrapnel. Her parents saw to it that she got the best Bioware eye's available, Cat's Eyes. And later when she was diagnosed with narcolepsy, they immediately got little Morgana another Bioware enhancement, a Sleep Regulator. She supposed they wanted the best for their daughter. But it's not like she can ask them as they both died in a terrible car accident when she was ten. Her aunt and uncle, who took her in, always looked down on Morgana for her enhancements. They said it took away the potential of her magical aptitude and she was no longer worth training.

Being one of the disgraced Lynch's still gave Morgana options. Even when she left her aunt and uncle's family and went her own way Morgana used her Lynch name to get jobs as a certified legal Bounty Hunter. She specialized in live captures and made sure her clients knew that she was not an assassin, not even by proxy. Morgana soon found a niche market for herself by taking runs for Corporations who want her to find employees that skipped on their contract, was kidnapped or were coerced into leaving their Corporation of origin. She started getting jobs from Shibata Construction and Engineering (PPG) which has offices in Seattle. Morgana always checked up on the employees she repatriated to their Corporations. Sometimes she couldn't find out anything, but most of the time she could find some information about them. This was her double check to make sure the Corps were playing fair with her services. For some reason, half the people she found for Shibata Construction and Engineering were turning up dead. She dropped a lot of nuyen to find out what happened to them. When she found out that they were not runaway employees, but employees of a competitor's that had information they wanted, Morgana was pissed. While she thought hard about shooting the guy that represented the company in her dealings at their next meeting, instead she just removed his right ear and told him she was through with working for Shibata Construction and Engineering. She eventually threw the piece of flesh to a hungry street rat.

In hindsight Morgana wished she did a proper background check on the guy. He wasn't some low-level peon. He was a high-level exec in the company that liked the personal touch when dealing with such people like her. Morgana thought he would have her arrested, so she laid low for a few months. It wasn't until she was running short of Nuyen that she found out what he did. He had blacklisted her. With ninety percent of her business coming from corporations and none of them now accepting her as a client she was out of a job. And when her bounty hunting license was rejected, and her business was evicted from the building where she worked, Morgana knew she was through. It was at this point that Shibata Construction and Engineering put a contract out on her head for 30,000 nuyen. While she always ran on the edge of being a true Shadowrunner she never took that step over the edge. Now Morgana was forced deep into the shadows, and with her reputation tarnished and unwilling to take assassin or demolition jobs and trying to dodge her fellow Bounty Hunters that were after her for the reward, Morgana lost all but her most loyal contacts and struggled to get by. She eventually found herself working at the New Life Mission. Morgana would aid the people with their problems that came in, and she would get fed. It was surprising to Morgana that she found the work very satisfying. And it is possible Morgana would have fallen and entered the darker side on the shadows if it wasn't for that fact and for one Brother Kevin Vawter. With her name smeared and unreliable, Morgana Lynch started calling herself Mau. Calling yourself a breed of cat that was once worshiped as Egyptian gods may be obnoxious to some, but Mau felt the name went well with her eyes. It was much better than Neko, the Japanese name for a cat. And besides, she heard someone more famous than she had already taken that street name and was Japanese to boot.

Role-Play Sample:
Give me a short scene in which your character demonstrates one of his/her strengths.
Alternatively, if you've played Shadowrun on here before, you can link me to a post you're proud of:
I don't have anyone Shadowrun post that I am especially proud of, but these are probably the best of the two games I'm in right now. This one here and this one here. For context on the last one, the name of the guy Rain is calling is Gorgeous George. If you still want a Role-Play Sample just let me know and I'll whip one up.

Experience Level:
I still consider myself as a Noob but I am just starting my second round of combat in Raizen's game, and I threw a punch in another after my characters armor barely prevented him from being gutted in Zazaq's game. So I have had some experience in the combat section at least.

<<<Application is Completed!!!>>>
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FemaleBountyHunter.png
Views:	353
Size:	398.1 KB
ID:	78928  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mau.pdf (218.7 KB, 36 views)

~ I'm Back!!! ~

Last edited by Silk; Jan 21st, 2019 at 01:32 AM.
Old Jan 19th, 2019, 12:16 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23344
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Okay, I think I am done. I went with Cyberpunk Armor from Run Faster. Think it fits the pic better

Edit: Just realized I wanted to grab some restraints and a stun stick too. Ahh well, I'll get to it later.

~ I'm Back!!! ~

Last edited by Silk; Jan 19th, 2019 at 12:17 AM.
Old Jan 19th, 2019, 12:44 PM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
I added a link to another SR roleplay sample and took "Face" off Shep's role. With the few skills he has, that is really a misnomer. He's pretty much just a phys adept.

You have some good choices here, RainyDayNinja. Have fun!
Old Jan 19th, 2019, 05:25 PM
Hostile AI

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7511
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
Thought since I just applied with a healer I'd offer to fill the rigger role if needed.
Application
right-aligned image

Runner Name/Real Name: Overdrive/Ricky Mills
Metatype: Human
Role: Driver/Infiltrator/Overwatch
Build: here
Role-Play Sample: We're in a game together so...

Backstory: Overdrive is always moving fast. Whether he's tripping on Cram or breaking a fistful of traffic laws in his low-riding sports car, he doesn't slow down for anything or anyone. The shadowrunning life comes with all the high-speed, high-risk, high-reward perks that he craves without all the corporate drek smeared atop it. Sure, he may not be a cybered-up sam or some mojo-slinging mage, but none of that matters anyway without a good set of wheels to get you to & from. And since sometimes the "from" part can get a little hot, Ricky's souped-up car has a few bells and whistles to make the ride a little smoother.

In his younger days Ricky was a street racer. Back then all the guys were maxing out Ford Americars with aftermarket parts and peeling rubber for street cred and credsticks alike. It was good money for a teenager, and the crowds always had some girls itching to take a ride. But over time most of the guys got busted, burned out, or burned up. There wasn't a future for Ricky in Seattle's illegal street racing circuit, not that he usually thought too far ahead anyway. But one day it was time for a career change, and that day took him to the shadows.

Last edited by AlphaZ; Jan 19th, 2019 at 05:53 PM.
Old Jan 20th, 2019, 11:26 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Only one day left to get applications in!